Posted October 1, 201511 yr Have you ever played a game with a joystick? Yes. It was okay. Kinda fun to fly a plane that way.
October 1, 201511 yr I played an arcade game with a joystick, but I haven't played a modern game with a joystick.
October 1, 201511 yr A loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, lol. I dunno why, but it seems like joystick games are a lot harder than games that require a controller. o.o
October 2, 201511 yr Hmmm.....*thinks hard*....ah! Oh....mmm, uhhh....Ooh! No.... I'm afraid I haven't! I've only gone as far back as the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and that had a D-Pad. However, I wouldn't mind playing an Atari 2600.
October 2, 201511 yr I... didn't even know that there were a lot of people who haven't used a joystick before. Arcades have them all over the place.
October 2, 201511 yr It's okay to play with a joystick on games like Pac-Man where the controls allow for the joystick, but I wouldn't want to play a game like Smash Bros Wii U with a joystick, as that would be very hard, even if the first Smash had a joystick in the N64 controller. But isn't the circle pad an evolution of the joystick? I... didn't even know that there were a lot of people who haven't used a joystick before. Arcades have them all over the place.And Shulk, there are no arcades where I am at, as they have all closed down, and I think arcades are dying a slow death.
October 2, 201511 yr I remember playing the arcade Pac-Man game back when I was little. That arcade machine had a joystick, so that counts! x3
October 2, 201511 yr It's okay to play with a joystick on games like Pac-Man where the controls allow for the joystick, but I wouldn't want to play a game like Smash Bros Wii U with a joystick, as that would be very hard, even if the first Smash had a joystick in the N64 controller. But isn't the circle pad an evolution of the joystick?And Shulk, there are no arcades where I am at, as they have all closed down, and I think arcades are dying a slow death. They're dying out now, but they used to be a lot more common to find. Even then, a lot of restaurants/amusement parks out here have arcade machines, too, and I'd imagine it wouldn't be much different elsewhere. I was just using that as an example, anyway. I know a few consoles/other TV games that use joysticks. They're pretty abundant, so I didn't think that there would be so many people who haven't used one before.
October 2, 201511 yr I had a Dragon Ball Z game that used a joystick and a Pac Man game. Pac Man wasn't bad but the DBZ was weird so it was okay
October 2, 201511 yr Sadly, no. My first gaming consoles were the Gameboy and PS2. I haven't been to actual arcades since I don't think they exist in my country. But there are some games at the mall. Never really played one though.
October 2, 201511 yr I've played a few fighting games with a joystick. Dead or Alive, Soul Caliber, and Persona Arena. Honestly, I've never actually played Persona Arena with a normal controller.
October 2, 201511 yr Yeah it's really cool. We have this Plug-in Play console that has Pac-Man, Dig Dug and a bunch of other classics on it. It's pretty fun using one.
October 2, 201511 yr I have only played it with Smash Bros Brawl and I found it the best way to play it that way. I can't really say whether it was the best or not.
Have you ever played a game with a joystick?
Yes. It was okay. Kinda fun to fly a plane that way.