Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Jynn and Dawson-Raiden’s Villa

All that Soren mentions is that everyone should be prepared for any kind of conflict, something that Jynn was curious about. But it seems now that such a thing will occur. Regardless, the prince was unfazed, as expected. Helios appears and adds that this weapon probably doesn’t choose its owner. Instead, it was a race of who could get their hands on it first.

Helios then turns his attention to Jynn, promising the noble that they will see him to his rightful place. Jynn merely chuckles. “You say that as if I’m ecstatic about this task. It’s just a mandatory birth right. But I digress, I appreciate your support.” The young fey mentions that Jynn looks a bit older and taller than the last time the two met. Jynn paces his fingers on his stubbled chin. “I....... I do?” Helios then admits his pride in Jynn as a king, but the latter shakes his head. “I’m not sure what I have done to make you feel such.”

- Soren Monroe, Will of Shiva - Mystras, Raiden's Villa/Study -

The arrival of Arthur and subsequent responses by both he and Helios were received well by Soren, who listened gladly. though his interest was perked by the latter's observation regarding the Source, dubbing it as nothing more than a weapon, one that merely awaited a wielder, no matter their creed. "The Source is a bountiful source of energy, near limitless, hell perhaps it is, but a weapon?" Soren began, then crinkled his lips in thought for a moment before resuming. "Indeed it is. But how the Source is used and purposed entirely depends on who claims it. If any of us took the Source's power, then we'd simply use it to restore all that was lost as a result of Yevgeni's actions." Then he became a little melancholy, if only because Soren briefly imagined what would happen if Yevgeni did actually get his hands on the Source of All Life.

"But if Yevgeni claimed it, or anyone else so inclined towards darkness, greed or other such nefarious desires, they would become a tyrannical, dangerous god-like being who would most certainly use their newfound powers as a weapon against any who opposed them...worse, they would just simply, destroy everything that ever existed." Soren spoke clearly, but he smiled lightly when he put a hand upon Helios's shoulder.

"That's why we're going to get there first, Helios." He then looked to Jynn and Arthur, his expression more confident and affirmed as he did. "Trust me."

Arthur then had a reasonable question to ask, regarding whether humans were even allowed within the walls of Isopolis. "Of course, Arthur." Soren replied, not wishing to sound like he was making an obvious answer, rather just being clear. "The Worlds of Humanity and Fey were linked, passage between them was done as often and as simply as one could before the Great War. Isopolis remembers this, as do I. The Trials in turn will adapt to be more...fair, as it were. But yes, you can join us if you wish." He explained, fondly remembering the once commonplace cooperation between the races, before it all went so wrong.

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - Palace Gates, Battle of Two Brothers -

The mind attack was successful...in fact, it had worked too well, for Maxis's full might was being unleashed in a horrifying display, right before the collective eyes of Meksis's minds. The entire landscape shifted into a familiar plane, the courtyard of their laboratory from so long ago, the beautiful white flowers and melancholic, yet inspiring tree, its leaves falling yet seemingly never depleting. Maxis's form too was changing, but more slowly and dramatically than their landscape, as his brother wrenched himself free of the Chaperone's grasp, finally and fully transforming into something else...that was familiar.

Maxis had returned to his true form, from before he even thought to take in the essence of the Mad God that now dwells within his mind. Yet Meksis still felt the taint of the deity's blight upon his blood brother, so even as Maxis spoke, Meksis began to gather all of his power over Light and now Darkness and began his own transformation.

"I think you've misunderstood me, brother...I will not kill you." With this, Meksis brought his arms across his body, the left side aglow with Light, while the right side was engulfed with Darkness, before they mixed together all around and into Meksis before he activated 'Solidarity of the United', now with two wings upon his back; One of Light, which was still white with gold feathers, and one of Darkness, still black and adorned with violet feathers. At first, Meksis held two powerful Greatswords in each hand, both of the same energies as his hands held respectively before, then he slammed them together, merging the blades into one Greatsword of Twilight, now gripped tightly in his right hand as a Greatshield formed in his left hand and arm, reinforced with the might of the Chaperone and the Defiled as his aura continually coalesced into a unity of the Shadows and the Sun.

Even with Maxis reaching into his own throat to reclaim his signature weapon, Meksis addressed him further, musing over his newly formed weapon. "I will free you, Maxis. Your death is unnecessary, for the Mad God is the root of this disaster." Meksis said, then inspected the sharp edge of his blade, eyes narrowing upon the strange sheen. "Even if I must die today to ensure his freedom, Maxis will not die today! Instead, it'll be you, Mad God, who holds my brother's will hostage!" He declared loudly, pointing the blade at Maxis, but his intended target of such a threat was Maxis's plague upon his mind, the God of Madness. "Prepare to be exorcised!!" Meksis finished, swiping the blade to the side in preparation for the next assault from his deranged blood brother, which came sooner than one might expect, but Meksis was able to counter it in his elevated state of mind, deflecting the knife with a quick swipe.

Meksis then blocked with his shield and the sword behind said barrier to reinforce the guard, against the punch Maxis delivered, yet he was still flung into the wall of Darkness behind him, which would then be indented with Meksis's vague silhouette as Maxis followed up with a dropkick to his blood brother, still guarded, but the sheer force brought pain to his entire body.

The stored kinetic energy within the greatshield was then expelled, in an attempt to force Maxis back, allowing Meksis to counterattack viciously, with multiple, alternating sword slashes, broken up by a hilt strike to the gut and a shield bash to keep him off balance when Meksis summoned several floating swords, that after a second delay, flew at the Mad God's vessel to cause major damage if they impacted and exploded.

(Sorry, another Nergal delay due to real life stuff, but I'll get that out today, I swear!)

{Mariel: Mystras; Walking with Sifrei}

“If the price is as simple as a life, I will gladly pay it with my own.” Mariel replied to Sifrei. “But there are plenty of ways to return the World Below and it’s people that we would find worse than their current fate. Plenty of Trickster Entities out there ready to twist your wishes.”

The Guardian Angel’s mind flashed back to her friend Isael’s attempt to bring back a young prince he had failed to protect. A dijinn had brought the boy back, but as a mindless and ravenous husk. It had killed the rest of the royal family and Isael before Mariel had brought it down.

“Still” She said, letting some of her own ache for this Source of All Life to truly work into her voice. “If there is a chance for this to work, we have to look into it.”

Stopping at the doors to Raiden’s study, Mariel took a deep breath. She felt ashamed at how selfish she had been wallowing in her own misery when she could have been doing more. Sifrei’s kind words sparked a smile from her.

“Thank you, Ophaniel.” She said, then chuckled. “Guardian Angels might not be blessed with the greatest intellects, but we have loyalty in spades.”

It looked like Mariel wanted to say more, but she turned away and closed her eyes. In a swirl of light, her human guise melted away, revealing her true angelic form. Putting on a business expression, she opened the door to Raiden’s study. The red haired angel took a moment to scan the faces of the study, pausing to give Raiden a nod, before taking up a position next to the door, leaning against the wall.

- Nergal, the Queenslayer/Disguised as 'The Messenger' - Royal Palace, Kilkis Seres -

The idle Nergal stood firm as his adopted persona would, while he listened intently to the discussion between the Dreadnaught of Sondon and the Regent of Kilkis Seres. Points were made, reasons were given, yet Nergal couldn't help but feel...disappointed. Particularly with the man he was so vehemently loyal to ever since they first put their plan into place. Once more, Yevgeni found himself negotiating with a potential ally and once more, it wasn't going well. That Soren fellow Nergal had heard of didn't sound like a model for restraint when such trying times were upon him, but despite Henry being much calmer, his words still stung like a snake's bite as he refuted many of Yevgeni's arguments and points. Like he was being attacked as well, regardless of his perceived identity, Nergal's heart ached at the Regent's faltering, but he also felt anger at both he and the strange amount of forgiveness and so-called understanding from Henry Hansees. A hybrid who had just lost his whole world, was being forgiving toward the culprit?

"Henry, either you have a grand heart of gold, or you're a naive fool."

'The Messenger' finally spoke up, picking up his sheathed sword from the vertical stance under his hands it was a part of as he moved toward the two of them slowly.

"In a way, we're all new to this. Neophytes to the end of the world. And yet, I feel nothing about this is...appropriate, nor fitting."

Nergal then gestured to the both of them as he paid Elia no heed whatsoever, for in his mind, she wasn't important to any of this, as she didn't speak up or anything.

"The Dreadnought has lost his entire world and most of its people...while you, my Regent, cherry picked survivors and cannot even justify why without someone, somewhere, calling you out on it. This Human knows that the drain on our world was but a temporary ailment as a result of a long forgotten link being brought back up to the surface of relevance."

He went on, shaking his head at Yevgeni lightly, then seeming dumbfounded whenever he paid a gaze to Henry at all, his advance slowing to a halt before the two of them, rubbing the forehead of his mask in exasperation, though whether it was his adopted persona or Nergal himself expressing it was anyone's guess.

"Yet despite such loss, Henry is placating you and speaking words of forgiveness nigh constantly, claiming to understand you, Yevgeni. Either call out my friend here for a mistake or don't, Henry. You cannot pretend to understand that which is completely beyond you. You are not a Ruler. You're not a Prince, a King or a Regent, therefore you don't know what it means to make such decisions, let alone being able to justify them as good, morally sound actions by anyone."

Nergal spoke calmly, yet scathingly to both Yevgeni and Henry, pointing and lightly gesturing insistently intermittently between them. In spite of his many feelings on the matter, Nergal's 'Messenger' Persona was completely intact, his altered voice expressing his views as perfectly as possible, but the once hollow man yearned to be himself again, sooner rather than later. Soon, Nergal was looking primarily at Henry, stepping a little closer, but keeping his personal space unsullied.

"Why don't you care? Why aren't you more angry about this, Henry? Why aren't...either of you, feeling more strongly about any of this?"

Once Nergal had gotten closer, his keen senses felt something else about Henry...he was a man of two minds, two bodies...the presence of a Fey was about him, not just in his drastically altered blood and appearance, but his very mind and soul. He spoke his declaration of realizing this truth while pointing lightly toward Henry's heart.

"Is she still with you, I wonder? Or is it merely the echos of Ariana, reverberating in your troubled mind?"

Nergal didn't mean to taunt, rather he questioned sincerely, wondering if his gut about Henry's duality was correct as he turned back to Yevgeni.

"He is a man of two worlds, my Regent. Perhaps that is why he understands that you speak lies, the false truths that drip from your mouth like a basilisks venom."

Nergal suddenly let out an uncharacteristic laugh, at least for his facade not himself, as he soon realized something...something he could say in this room without care, as he turned back to Henry and leaned closer to him, gesturing to reassure him if he got defensive, whispering in his ear.

"I realize my own hypocrisy on this matter..."

It was then that his next words dropped the disguise entirely, for Nergal now spoke in his unnatural, yet composed voice to the Dreadnaught.

"So let me be honest with you...I, am the Queenslayer. My name is Nergal. And I'm sure you may remember me from our last encounter, perhaps? You fought very well."

Nergal breathed an internal sigh of relief, stepping away from Henry to remove his Messenger Mask, revealing a furthering of his truth as his ashen skin was made visible, smiling softly as he tossed the mask away, quickly looking to Yevgeni and gesturing to encourage calm from his Regent, before his eyes looked upon Henry once more.

"It is good to see you again. I, must apologize for my dear friend Yevgeni here, for he clearly needs to work on his...negotiating abilities. Though, I'm something of an amateur myself...my assassination skills are sub-par, at best."

Nergal allowed himself a chuckle at his own expense, but now his interest in Henry took center stage as it had peaked...maybe now was the time he offered him the choice.

"So...tell me. Tell me why, Henry, why you feel and act so differently to what I expected?"

(DONE. : D)

- Sifrei - Raiden's Villa -

"That is understanable. No matter the way we choose to bring back the world below, there will be a price to pay. But we will look into each one and decide if the risk is worth it." Sifrei answered, "I do believe guardians such as yourself have great minds. Do not think that my status as an Archangel gives me some advantage on that front. Besides, I am sure Lord Raiden will appreciate that loyalty."

The Archangel noticed something in Mariel's behavoir, like she was holding back something, but Sifrei decided not to ask out of respect for the Guardian. At this point there were more important things to do, time was of the essence. As Mariel's human guise vanished she opened the door to the study and went inside, Sifrei followed her closely behind.

"I am back, Your Lordship," Sifrei said while bowing slightly, "I have brought Mariel, as you requested."

--King Alderon -- Raiden's Villa--

The human king turned, surprised at Bherna's approach, and, most especially, her words.  A frown creased his brow.

"What is it that you suppose I should know?" he asked concernedly.  "I do not see any reason for you to seek forgiveness, child, as none of what has transpired is a fault of yours."

It pained him to receive apologies for the loss of his world and daughter, and he couldn't help but feel slightly agitated by it.  Even still, he tried to retain his composure and refrain from expressing his irritation.  Bherna was not to blame, and taking his anger out on the prince's daughter would help no one.  He eyed the book skeptically, puzzling over what it could be that Bherna found that he felt he should know.  Did it concern his daughter somehow?

--Athena Niles -- Raiden's Rooftop --

It came as a surprise when she was told that they had no affiliation with Yevgeni Malachite.  Athena brought her gaze to the ground, expression unreadable.  "Forgive me, Noble Judge, but are you certain that we are speaking of the same Yev?  He did not tell me that he was the regent of the kingdom, and didn't particularly seem to be a man of power."  In a smaller voice she added, "He just seemed like he wanted to help me, and was rather kind.  None of my captives treated me with such."

The redhead tilted her head, bemused by Rufus' curious demeanor.  She couldn't tell whether he was positively mad or simply trying to be funny, though she assumed the former.  Being locked away in a lamp must've taken its toll on the man, and she felt partly sorry for him.

It pained her to hear that there was no feasible way to restore their world, but she wasn't particularly surprised.  Such a feat would indeed require mass amounts of power and skill, something she felt that no one could possess.  the djinni had mentioned the possibility of time travel to repair the situation, though seemed rather disinclined toward that notion.  Athena was, too, though she was still skeptical about the wish being proffered.

"Is it . . . really okay if I were to wish myself out of this form?  Truly?"  She shot a glance at the elf before turning back to Rufus, his lamp still within her pallid hands.  It felt too good to be true, and yet she felt guilty to wish for something so selfish when there were others that were suffering so greatly.  "Then, if it is so: Great Djinni, I wish for you to return me to my human form, please."

She wasn't sure if the wish had to be a formal request, but she made it sound like one regardless.

--Yevgeni Malachite and Elia Cabret -- Kilkis Seres--

Their meeting was going from interesting, to bad, to worse rather quickly, causing quite the unsettlement to fall upon the regent's shoulders.  He was not liking the direction in which their meeting was going, chiefly when Nergal decided to step into their conversation.  It annoyed the elf highly.  He was not invited, and what gave him to right to speak to him in such a manner?  Yevgeni placed both palms on the table and rose from his seat, shoulders curved inward as he brought his gaze to meet Nergal's.

"Do not forget your place, Nergal," he warned, tone cold.  "While I respect you and consider you a friend, I will not be spoken to in such a manner.  If you have unsettlement with me let us discuss it later, privately.  Henry and Elia do not need to hear all of this coming from you.  They had simple business and will be on their way."

It greatly upset him that Nergal had the audacity to speak against him, against them both, as well as reveal his true nature to the Dreadnaught.  In doing such he affirmed Henry's accusation to be true, which did not paint a fine picture to either of his guests nor did it bode well with his future.

"Henry"--Yevgeni's tone softened, emerald eyes flickering over to the likeminded human--"You have a good head on your shoulders, and I respect that.  However, Nergal is partially right: you do not understand the depths of my motives.  However, I can give you my word--for what it's worth--that I will only do what I think is best for my people.  At the end of the day I am but King Alexander's will, with no true desire for glory or power.  What I have done has been with the people's best interests in mind.  I do not deny that it is unfair, but I must ask: what other choice did I have?"

"Lots," piped Elia for the first time.  She sat rigid in her seat, fists clenched tightly along her sides.  She fixated Yev with a penetrating glare.  "You are a fraud.  You offer pretty words, but all of you want is praise and glory.  Well, I'll make sure that the people know about all of this!  Just you wait and see how a kingdom will want to follow you after they learn of the treasonous acts that you've committed.  Why, you're evil incarnate itself!"  She practically shrieked her last statement, to which Yevgeni remained standing, unmoved by her reaction.

The fairy bounded up and made a motion to the door, though hadn't yet left when Yevgeni said: "I understand your distaste for me, Elia, and I understand that it will never cease no matter how many ways I try to make amends."  Yevgeni straightened.  "This meeting is over.  I have other matters to see to.  Good day to you all."

(Sorry, Scrap; I wanted to delve further into their discussion, but for advancement's sake that I should cut their meeting short.)

~ Aqua: To the Castle, Kilkis Seres~

Aqua walked out of the hotel. She walked at a leisurely pace toward the castle. She must as well enjoy the nice weather while she was out here. The nice, warm breeze lulled her nerves into a calm state. That wasn’t to say she didn’t still have her worries on her mind, she did, but she didn't’ outwardly show it anymore and that was for the best. It wouldn’t do for her to look like a jittery mess once she got to the castle. Soon enough the castle was in her sight and she made her way there. She was surprised to see another person other than the guard there.

She made her way over to them. “Hello, is there a meeting going on?” She asked the other person. 

(And this is where I’m going to end this post lest I rewrite it a fourth time)

-Eclaire, Kilkis Seres-

Armor having shattered to light, leaving her to lean against the wall and wait quietly, she was torn from her brief reverie of days long past by Aqua. Detaching herself from the wall, she turned to the girl.

I've never seen her before...then again I haven't met many people around here...or the town...some...spark of Shiva I am. she thought bitterly. Those three seconds seemed so meaningless now...and deep down, she wondered if those three seconds would have saved Shiva.

"...yes." She finally said softly. "The Regent is in the middle of a meeting. I'm currently waiting my turn actually." She her crossed arms loosened, and she rubbed her head, her cat ears twitching. "Who are you? I'm Eclaire. I don't really know many people around here. Guess...I have the time to now." Like I'd keep my station. I couldn't protect her. I had one job...and I couldn't even do that.

Her eyes averted Aqua, ears laying flat. Every second that she stood there, the reality of it all pressed down. Could she really carry forth Shiva's will, a sword of her name...

She shook her head, patting her cheeks. "Sorry. It's been...it's been a rough while..."

Bherna Lao-Mystras, with Raiden

Alderon seemed concerned about what Bherna was going to tell him. He reassures her that nothing that has transpired is her fault. “Then I will show you something that you probably have been eager to see, or know.” She opens the book and finds the page with the information that would’ve ended Athena’s curse. “Here.” She hands the book to the human king. How will he react?

Regardless, Bherna was ready to keep him calm if he gets too upset. “It is in regards to your daughter’s curse. My father unknowingly had the information that Raiden couldn’t get his hands on. He is well educated, but he has always been someone constantly on the move, so he didn’t frequently take a look at his library.” She pauses for a moment. She watches Alderon for a second before continuing. “The original copy from Kilkes Seres has disappeared, possibly forever. It’s a miracle that we had this book for all these years.”

Thousands of years ago, roughly 100 years prior to the Great War . . . .

Sunlight glittered upon the periwinkle turrets of the Kilkis Seres palace; its lawns well-manicured and pristine.  Yevgeni strode through the courtyard and toward the palace, a sheathed sword resting in his hands.  Giggles echoed throughout the courtyard as the young Princess Shiva emerged from behind a shrub, one that was nearly as tall as her.  She was still well in her childhood years, the equivalent of perhaps a seven-year-old human.  She smiled up at him shyly, face flushed from running.

"Hello, Princess," Yev greeted her warmly, casting a sideways glance at her companion.  A boy with violet locks stood nearby, one whom he'd seen frequently at the palace.  He wasn't certain of his name, though the princess favored his company.

"Hi Yev," Shiva responded, trying to catch her breath.  "Me and Odin are playing tag.  Shall you join?"

The elf shook his head, a stray lock of hair escaping his ponytail and cascading over his boyish face.  "Not today, I'm afraid.  I have something that I must deliver to your father."

"Oh."  Shiva didn't seem particularly bothered by this, instead rushing over to Odin to play some more.  Yev chuckled softly to himself, proceeding along the sidewalk to enter the palace.

The king was found upon his throne, its gold finish glinting in the sunlight which poured through the long windowpanes.  King Alexander brought his hazel eyes to meet his young retainer, a smile finding its way to his face.

"Ah, Yevgeni," the king greeted, rising from his seat.  "It is good to see you, as always."

The blond knelt before him, sunlight pouring over his face and beating onto his leather vest.  "And it is always an honor, Your Majesty."  He extended the sheathed sword on his open palms.  "I have brought the sword, as per your request."

The king seemed distracted, eventually tearing his gaze from the youth and to the weapon which he proffered him.  He wrapped a hand around the hilt, removing it from Yev's grasp.  "So you have.  Wonderful"--he unsheathed it, admiring its blade--"do you know what this weapon is?"

Yev was uncertain what it could be beyond a sword, but instead of blurt such he merely shook his head.  "I'm afraid not, my liege."

"It is a sword that has belonged in the royal family for generations, traditionally belonging to the heir to the throne."  King Alexander tossed it, catching it with his free hand.  The king's long blond hair fell in waves down his back, swaying as he extended the hilt to the retainer.  "Would you care to inspect it?"

"Certainly."  The young retainer retrieved the sword from the king, studying it more carefully than he had that morning.  The sword was long and lean, made from the purest of silver.  At its hilt rested an embedded sapphire, which he ran his thumb across.  When he brought his gaze back up to meet Alexander he was surprised to find a curious look upon the king's face.  Was it sorrow?  Longing?  Yev wasn't sure, but it made him uneasy, causing him to return the sword to his king.  "It's lovely.  A gift for the young princess?"

"Indeed," Alexander said, turning his face toward the window.  Outside they could see Shiva and Odin playing, both seeming delighted without a care in the world.  He let out a sigh.  "Oh, how I wish you were truly my heir, Yevgeni Malachite."

Startled, Yev shot him a quizzical glance.  " . . . your majesty?"

"Just look at her."  Shiva was spinning in a circle, which grew to the radius of several yards from being so dizzy.  "My Shiva is so tender and softhearted.  She could never rule the people."

Yevgeni didn't quite know how to respond, nor did he think he should.  What was King Alexander trying to say?  Was he being tested?  Silence seemed like the best course of action, and thus silent he remained.  King Alexander's dialogue filled the silence for him, whom seemed to notice the youth's bewilderment.  "You see, few know that I also have a son, one whom I would much prefer to give this crown to upon my eventual passing."

"A son?" Yev's emerald eyes immediately flickered to meet the king's face, trying to discern whether the man made this claim in jest.  The king smiled, meeting his gaze calmly.

"Have you never wondered why you look nothing like your father or mother, or even baby sister, Veriti?"

The retainer's stomach tightened into a knot, immediately realizing where Alexander was going with this, yet he could not believe any of it.  "I have my mother's eyes."

"Oh, true, yes.  You indeed have Isadora's eyes, those lovely eyes which I truly miss.  It was her that I truly loved, but she was a commoner, and an elf from the north to make matters worse.  I was engaged to Kirin long before I had even met Issie, an arranged marriage to tie our divided lands together.  Kirin may have been my queen, but Issie will always have my heart."  Alexander clapped his hand over Yev's shoulder, gripping it firmly.  "I have tried to keep you as close as I could to the royal court without raising suspicion, and even then some were quizzical.  I have great pride as a father, seeing the man that you've become, and yet I have no way of passing my crown to you."

Yevgeni tore away from the king's grasp, face devoid of all its color.  His hands shook violently at his sides, golden ponytail hanging limply over his shoulder.  "My lord," Yevgeni began weakly.  "Why . . . why are you telling me this?  Are you suggesting . . . ?"

"You are my son, Yevgeni, and I've waited for the day that I could tell you this."

A shrill scream came from the courtyards as Shiva ran away from Odin, before tossing a bushel of flowers in the boy's face.  "Which means she, the princess is . . . ."

"Your sister," King Alexander finished.  "Or half, at any rate."

The elf--half-elf--backed away, disbelief written on his face.  All of these years he'd been told lies, ones which he hadn't even thought to question until now.  Couldn't his mother have told him?  Did they fear that he would seek the crown?  He had no such desire to rule, though it seemed that the king did.

"I must request a favor of you, my boy," Alexander said tenderly, turning his gaze toward the youth.  "One which I pray you will live up to."

Yevgeni nodded weakly, not wholly trusting himself to speak.  "Anything, my lord."

"I must ask of you to guide our nation, should Shiva stray from her path.  See to it that the Overworld knows true peace, regardless of the price."

"Does this have something to do with the human leaders that came to visit last week?"

At the mention of the humans the king's face darkened a shade.  "Abominations, they are."

Yev wasn't quite certain that he agreed with that attestation.  He'd met quite the number of admirable individuals from the world below, some sharing almost as much knowledge as the fey, which was incredible since they lived not even a tenth of what most fey did.

"Will you do me this service, Yev?" he asked, tone imploring.  "Will you be my legacy?"

A sigh escaped him as he knelt once more before his father, hair brushing the marble floor at his feet.  "I swear my life to it."

- Maxis - The Mad - Battle in the Dream -

Meksis seemed intent on, not only not killing Maxis, but exorcising the mad god from within him, saving him in the process, even if it had to cost him his life. Meksis blocked all of Maxis's attacks, however Maxis noticed some of the attacks still god through in their own way. Good. Maxis was so deep in awe as he got pushed back easily by Meksis's shield back with the kinetic energy flinging him back as he landed on his feet. What followed after was a vicious flurry of slashes from Meksis. Which Maxis dodged and deflected what he could, the hilt strike hit him in the gut as intended, and the followed shield bash sent him staggering backwards.

Meksis was quick to follow with a barrage of aerial blades, as Maxis chuckled a bit, as he recovered as the aerial blades were about to strike, as one was about to hit, Maxis deftly moved his body to dodge it, almost dance-like move as he deftly dodged and weaved between the aerial blades, implementing various dance moves, his speed seemingly increasing with each dodge, so much that he practicaly vanished in a split second. 

"Fallen angel dance." Maxis commented as he reappeared beside Meksis, she side which he had his greatshield on, as his free hand closed into a fist completely charged with shadow energy as he threw a punch towards Meksis, with full intent on making Meksis block the attack, "Demon's Rebirth" He said as he slammed onto Meksis's greatshield, or Meksis himself. As simulataneous shadow magic explosions began to burst out from his charged fist, this was to not only break Meksis's guard, but to pierce it as well. Or at the very least push him back enough for Maxis to vanish again, and reappear this time on his other side. 

As he began with a flurry of deft dagger slashes, alternating from reverse grip to normal grip by releasing his dagger mid flurry and grabbing it with his other hand. Shadow energy generating from each strike as it began to lash out in unison to Maxis's combo, effectively doubling his damage should Maksis be hit by them. He aimed at outspeeding Meksis's greatshield, taking advantage of its weight against Meksis by his earlier attack. 

At the end of the combo he shoulder bashed Meksis to try and stagger him, his shoulder releasing shadow energy on a cone in front of him to add to the impact. Before charging forward with another charged fist, this time uppercuting...except it was a feint, Maxis flat out vanished mid swing, and reappeared behind Meksis...with another feinted uppercut, as Shadow energy continued to build within his fist, and another feint on his side, to which caused Maxis to vanish a bit...before grabbing Meksis's foot from below, Maxis had used his own shadow against him! Holding Meksis's leg with his free hand, he released the contained shadow energy within his hand at Meksis from below, by openning his palm, a massive explosion of energy shot forth right at Meksis. Had Meksis not broken free of Maxis's hold in time to block, he'd take a lot of damage.

"Ever wonder what happened to that angel we knew?...well...She fell too." Maxis pointed out.

- Henry - The Dreadnought - Meeting with Yevgeni -

As Henry pointed out the faults in Yevgeni's plans, the messenger was quick to butt in, practicaly shutting down any and all counter argument Yevgeni could have made. Calling Henry both a foold and complimenting him in his own way. Which both annoyed Henry and not, it was hard to explain. Then came the questions about Henry's uncharateristic calmness at the situation to which Henry could only reply with a short sigh and a look towards Nergal, "Because being angry and lashing out won't bring those who are lost. All I can do now is protect the ones that are still alive." Henry retorted right back at Nergal, narrowing his eyes as he spoke in seriousness.

But then the messenger pressed into more...personal matters...about Ariana, which not only made Ariana shoot up in surprise in Henry's mind, which caused him to grit his teeth in annoyiance. As he looked directly at Nergal. With resolve, not showing any weakness.

"My mind is no longer troubled, I have made my choice, and Ariana has nothing to do with this."  Henry replied as best he could to hide Ariana's presence within him and to show his own resolve to Nergal.

He was surprised as The Messenger revealed himself to be the queenslayers, Nergal, after all. "So it is you..." Henry spoke through his own gritted teeth, as he looked at Yevgeni with a look of mild contempt. "This explains things." Henry commented as he readied himself to answe Nergal's last question.

"And what did you expect? A mindless and thoughtless brute? Violence is not the answer to my people's currenty situation. Nor will revenge bring me any fullfilment." Henry explained clearly. Before Yevgeni began to speak against Nergal. He simply nodded aknowledging his position as Elia began to speak, which surprised Henry as he looked at her. "Elia..." Henry muttered as she quickly began to leave after her outburst on Yevgeni.  "Alright...." He Replied to Yevgeni calling the meeting off.

Henry gritted his teeth and sighed soon after. As he followed her out of the room. Closing the door behind him as he walked faster to meet her pace, steeling himself to speak to her.

"I have no right to ask for an apology for what i've done...but I am sorry for your sister..." Henry broke the silence between them, not knowing if it would be met favorably or not. It was hard for Henry to talk to Ariana's sister....he could barely contain the emotions he felt at that moment.

- Nergal, the Queenslayer, Guise Broken - Royal Palace, Kilkis Seres -

Henry continued to defy the expectations of Nergal with each word spoken, the dreadnought proving to be more than just armour and power incarnate, or an experiment let loose from its chains, but rather he was a man and a complex one at that in Nergal's eyes. Truly, he was impressed, for Henry didn't just think with his fists to claim revenge on a world that had wronged he and his people, potentially resulting in an early, painful death, but when he had to, he would fight with words...and often times, Henry could win decisively.

Nergal's thoughts were shaken and his bones rattled as Yevgeni spoke out coldly, a tranquil fury that took him by surprise. Yet the overarching feeling Nergal held wasn't regret or fear, but instead it was shock. Shock of a more, offended variety, as he merely turned slowly to face the Regent, his expression telling of his feelings without a hint of his hiding it.

"My place?!"

Nergal simply exclaimed, his voice rose if but a little, composure breaking equally so as he practically spat his last word at the elf he considered a friend, not his master without faults. Elia's rant at Yevgeni's expense followed soon after, catching the attention of all present, Nergal in particular eyed her curiously, for her burst of rage against the elf surprised him and intrigued him, her final words screeched at Yevgeni before she hastily departed, Henry in tow as the Regent left them with parting words and most importantly: Alone with Nergal.

"This was a waste of time. I should never have allowed him within these halls, Yevgeni. I am...sorry."

Nergal calmed down quickly, but his apology reeked of disdain, a feeling he didn't care wasn't subtle, walking over to pick up his mask once more, heading back to Yevgeni's position and prepared to follow him if he chose to begin leaving the room.

"Elia's words won't matter anyway. And Henry? Hmph, who in our world will listen to a Hybrid? No matter how well spoken he might be, he's still...too human, for their liking."

He attempted to reassure Yevgeni that his revelation in front of their guests wouldn't impact their plans at all, though to be sure, Nergal went on.

"Regardless of any of that, might I remind you of something? The Source of All Life is available to us now, we need only head to Isopolis as soon as we can...then? We can do whatever we need to do, even put so much of this behind us."

Nergal's face then took on a rather thoughtful expression for a few moments, looking off to the side as he did unconsciously, looking Yevgeni directly in the eyes again to resume.

"I don't appreciate being spoken to in such a way, Yevgeni. I am your friend first, not a servant or dare I say, a slave. True friends, I believe, tell each other when they are wrong about something, have done something incorrectly or need reminding of what world they live in, pride be damned. My words were harsh and I make no apologies, but know it was in your best interests...as is what I'm about to ask you."

Nergal spoke sincerely, though his expression became a little...sullen? Sorrowful? A combination of this and great interest indeed, for something was wracking about in his head for a long time, ever since he first came into Yevgeni's life and learned of his desires. He then stood nearer to his friend, not too close, but still he would persist, before he would speak once more.

"You took me on, in my earliest days of truly living after not knowing what it really felt like for five thousand years, since Meksis left me as a vessel. If you're lucky, you'll live as long one day, you and Soren. Both of you, you saw the war between your race and the humans. Neither of you perhaps met each other during said battles, but the two of you came out with your own perspectives. I know of Soren's from all that I've heard, but yours? Some of it remains a mystery. I know your thoughts of them aren't the greatest, but something related to it all is something I don't know...but I want to, ever since you first tasked me to kill her."

Nergal's eyes narrowed, as he took another, deeper breath, before beginning his pry into his friend's motives.

"I know who she is to Soren. But what about you? Who is, or rather was, Queen Shiva to you? Really?"

(Slight retcon to Soren's past, I know. But I realized he's old enough to have fought in the War, though he didn't necessarily meet Yevgeni during it, so there it be. :P Sorry if that's bad, I'll alter if so.)

- Soren Monroe, Will of Shiva - Raiden's Study, Mystras -

The study settled down in the wake of preparation for their journey to Isopolis, for it seemed many present had taken Soren's advice in mind and were at least mentally fortified for the trials ahead. Nothing could truly prepare them for what that forbidden, sacred shrine could throw their way, Soren's home field advantage was minor at best in the grand scheme of things.

Though it was the arrival of another into Raiden's Study that caught Soren's attention, snapping him out of a potential stupor.

The Guardian Angel, Mariel.

Immediately, Soren felt a tinge of shame. Despite his loyalties lying firmly with Shiva's Will now, as such, with Lord Raiden as well, Mariel bore witness to his second betrayal and didn't take kindly to it, forcing Soren to act during the massive conflict to protect his Queen, had the Angel not been as aware as she was, Soren would've taken her wings off. Mariel already detested demons, as her words suggested when she spectated his floundering and had had enough. Soren imagined she wouldn't be all too happy if she really saw his face, thus he would brace himself as much as he could for any oncoming words and emotions.

- Meksis, the United, Armour of Twilight - Palace Gates, Battle of Two Brothers -

All except the Summoned Blades had hit their mark, with the latter giving way to Maxis's incredible speed and allowing him to appear to Meksis's shield side and assail him with a powerful, shadow-infused punch, followed by many explosions thrust from it. He blocked what he could, but the last few explosions threw off Meksis's guard, allowing Maxis's next attack, a dagger flurry, to cause some problems. In his initial stagger, Meksis's shield happened to be in front of Maxis's first strike, but the force combined with the shadow energy immediately threw him off-balance, attempting to counter during the vicious assault as much as he could. A fair few strikes hit Meksis directly, one scraping past his sword arm, singeing it with a shadow burn, while a few others impacted his chest and shoulder, with Maxis clearly taking advantage of the weight of Meksis's mighty shield.

By the end of the attack, Maxis followed with a shoulder charge, but Meksis was able to meet him halfway, tanking it with his own shoulder, yelling aloud as he thrust him back, allowing him to prepare for the next, rapid attack. This however, was a feint...followed by another feint. Both Meksis's remained diligent, the third feint being unsurprising, but what followed certainly was: Maxis was within Meksis's shadow below him, having taken hold of his foot and preparing to unleash the shadow energy he had been charging the whole time, something both minds noticed.

Meksis was no less shocked, as he frantically thrust his shield in front of him, just barely supporting it with his blade crossed over the back to withstand the powerful explosion of energy. The sheer ferocity of it did allow some excess energy to run past the shield and onto anywhere exposed, causing minor damage to Meksis's body, but now he had a surprise in mind.

"Let me show him Darkness, brother!"

"Suit yourself..."

Meksis pulled his weapons in a little closer, briefly, before splaying his shield and sword outward to his sides, while doing so, the Defiled 'came out to play', Meksis's "eyes" going blood red as an expulsion of a strange, dark force, that distorted the air in front of Meksis as he seemed to...roar, in an inhuman, wraith-like fashion, before hastily and manically smashing the edge of the shield into Maxis's face repeatedly, before shaking his foot loose and backstepping rapidly, calming down as it were, with his brief surge in darkness returning to his united body.

"You refer to Ariel, do you not? I remember her, Maxis. I remember many of our old friends, Armours, Angels, even Demons." Meksis spoke a little more calmly, but his voice still assertive, his tone harsh as he beheld his twisted, yet strangely perfected opponent as his Prime Armour seemed to glow, almost with its old glory.

"I remember the pain. And the fear. Watching her descend before our eyes, being dragged down to save our proverbial skins. She always had a fascination with what laid beyond the dark veil...but I imagine she never thought she'd learn the way she did..." He reminisced, speaking solemnly as he remembered said fallen angel. Once an Angel who bore the Blessing of Curiosity, yet sometimes it was quite the curse. Always smiling, yet her head was often found behind a book, a scroll, some kind of intriguing or sacred text, she was compelled to learn more. One fateful day however, she, along with Meksis and Maxis, found themselves needing to seal a breach in reality itself, leading to a darker, infinite realm that threatened at the very least, invasion by shadowy, monstrous creatures.

The three of them engaged with all manner of beings, for despite being a serious bookworm, Ariel was no pushover in combat. Her light burned away the darkness wherever it stood, while Meksis protected his friends and slew his foes and Maxis crushed and slaughtered those monstrous yet stupid enough to look at him funny. When it came to sealing the tear, everything went wrong. The breach fought back against all of them, seeking to drag them down into its realm if it was to be closed up. Fight and try as they might, neither armours had much hope of escaping its pull.

"Hmm. I remember that very day clear as crystal, Maxis. We were being dragged into the Realm of Umbra, an endless pit of darkness and shadow. We couldn't seal the portal without it fighting us...Ariel, she got clear before it got a grip of her as well but we just couldn't cut free in time." Meksis settled down, though his guard was still up, his voice calmed, one could swear they saw a smile as he remembered the old days, though it would give way to sadness soon enough.

"She was so selfless. No hesitation as she jumped in and freed us with her power over light, so bright the darkness recoiled in agony! At the time, mine was nowhere near as bright, not even today can it hope to match that splendor!" Meksis then became incredibly wrought with sorrow, his eyes half-closing as he did. "For as much pain as it was in, there was no denying its hunger. Latching onto her, covering her mouth as to prevent her from speaking any more incantations, we just...we couldn't save her. All Ariel could do was...w-was, hold out her hand, as if she were saying... "Don't worry about me."...I am almost grateful I don't have tear ducts anymore, brother. I've not finished weeping for her in thousands of years."

Meksis's hands clenched their weapons once more as his 'expression', became more furious, his aura igniting once more into a fury, the wings of his duality extending as he took a few steps forward. Speaking so ill of Ariel, spitting on her memory, it was the doing of the Mad God surely, but Meksis was now wrapped, taken by his anger, at such disrespect during battle.

"So do not dare to taunt me, at her expense!!" Meksis bellowed in barely contained rage, charging at Maxis with the fury of two powers, a sword strike barrage would take place as he rapidly closed the distance, slashing and bashing at his blood brother with the might of Light and Darkness clawing and slashing at his armoured body.

(Whew, long post.)

Jynn Venas-Raiden’s Villa in Mystras

Blue for Jynn

Teal for Shiva

The prince ejected himself from the meeting to ready himself. As he enters his temporary room, he heads for a large box in the corner, full of supplies, weapons, and armor from the past. But as he reached the center of the room, the Leviathan appears in his hand. The eye on the hilt of the blade illuminates, and the sword floats away from his hand. Suddenly a bright light fills the room before dimming and revealing a familiar face. Jynn’s eyes widen.

That same tender smile played upon her lips.  "Hello, Jynn," Shiva greeted warmly.  "It has been but weeks since I last saw you, and yet it feels so long.  I felt robbed of getting to say goodbye to you."  She clasped her hands before her, hazel eyes meeting those of her son's.  "Tell me: how are you?  You seem to have grown."

Jynn was utterly shocked to see his mother, standing right in front of him. “I’m............. fine.” She came from my sword. Has she been watching me all this time? Does her motherly instincts transcend through death? He faces downwards, almost in disappointment. “I suppose...... you’re here to tell me your concerns about my actions and choices as of late?”

“Of course not."  Her face inched closer, or as close as she could for being a mere shadow of his true mother.  "I couldn't be more proud.  You have stepped up to the plate of leadership, and I can see in your eyes that you are willing to do anything it takes to bring your kingdom to peace and glory.  Perhaps you will be even a stronger leader than myself."

She stopped, eyeing him carefully before adding: "You looked troubled.  Tell me, dear: what's wrong?"

Jynn sighs. “A lot. Yevgeni, the loss of the world below, Isopolis, now this “weapon” Soren is mentioning.” He looks her in the eye. “May I ask............ have you known about Isopolis and the Shrine’s secrets? I won’t be mad if you have.”

A frown furrowed Shiva's brow.  "A weapon?  In Isopolis?"  The late queen shook her head.  "I'm afraid that even I did not know of the many secrets housed within the shrine.  But it is possible."

Shiva's apparition met Jynn's gaze.  "What will you do?"

A good question indeed. What will he do? He tells her what he thinks. “If I am the one to wield it, I would try to restore the world below. It’s the right thing to do.” He nears his mother, putting his hands on her shoulders. “I know it’s not something you’d want, but it must be done.”

The apparition cupped the prince's face in her hands, smiling warmly at her son.  "No, my child.  What you are doing is right," she said tenderly.  "Even I never would've brought this fate upon the humans.  If anyone can save them it would be you.  Follow your heart and do what you feel is right."

She leaned in and gave Jynn a kiss on the forehead, though due to her transparency he likely felt nothing.  "I believe in you."

Jynn was pleased to hear these words coming from his mother. “Thanks mother. It’s great we’re on the same page now. All three of us. You, my father, and I.” He gives her a hug. Even though she was transparent, his embrace was genuine. “Thanks for everything. You have guided me all these years......... But now, I feel like I’m ready to face the world......... no....... I’m ready to face both worlds.” He backs up, but keeps his hands on her shoulders. He can’t help but think how he could useful this power the Leviathan offered. It makes him wonder. “Mother. Can I ask, prehaps, my last favor for you?”

The queen's smile didn't waver.  "And face it you shall.  I have no doubt that you will be victorious.  I can see it in you now: you will be a great king."

Shiva then gave a nod, in recognition to the prince's request.  "If it is within my power, I will gladly do it."

“After all of this is put to rest, after I return both worlds to their former glory, I might pass my sword on to Bherna. Should the hilt accept her hands, can you be there for her if she ever needs help? I’ll be there for her as much as I can, but I won’t always be by her side.” He lowers his hands. Bherna may be full grown now, but she still has a lot to learn outside of combat.

Tears formed in the corners of the queen's eyes at the mention of her granddaughter.  She gave a bow of her head, ice-blue locks falling forward over her shoulder.  "It would be my pleasure."

Shiva rose to her full height, fixating Jynn with a somber gaze.  "My time here is nearly up for now, but rest assured that wherever you go, whatever you do, I will always be with you, my dear son."

A bright light emits where Shiva stood, before dimming back, revealing the Leviathan. Jynn grabs the sword gently and leans his head on the base. “I won’t let you down........”

Withdrawing the Leviathan, Jynn walks up to the box he was eyeing earlier and opens it. It was crammed with useful items and gadgets, but Jynn grabbed a device called a “slinger”. It was given to him on his last day of his hunting career. Attaching it to his arm, he aims for a horizontal beam on the ceiling, and fires a grapple hook grabbing onto it. “Seems to work just fine after all these years.” He unattaches the hook from the beam and finally walks out the door leading back to the group.

--Elia Cabret -- Kilkis Seres, approaching palace gates alongside Henry--

The raven-haired fairy slowed once they departed the meeting room, allowing Henry to catch up.  She turned around as the dreadnaught spoke, tears streaming down her elegant face, nose reddening from her sobs.

"I don't blame you for what happened, Henry," she murmured, wiping at her eyes with the back of her arm.  "You did what you thought you had to.  You tried to save my sister in the only way you could, and for that I must thank you."  She was silent a moment, seeming to teeter on whether to speak or not, until she finally added.  "If you can communicate with my sister, could you relay a message to her for me, please?  I never did get to say goodbye.  Please . . . please tell her that I love her, and I miss her something fierce."

At this she tore her face away, unable to look at Henry any longer.  "What's more is that Yevgeni really is behind all of these atrocities, and he probably has even more planned.  We should warn everyone.  Maybe we can get him behind bars."

Of course, Elia didn't realize that no one would likely listen to her, a young fairy with a heritage that was far from noble.  They would likely group her with the conspirators and drive her out of the kingdom, or perhaps even lock her up.  Life was too cruel sometimes.

--Yevgeni Malachite -- Kilkis Seres meeting room with Nergal--

The elf pinched the bridge of his nose as Nergal explained himself.  He didn't wish to admit it, but inwardly he felt what Henry spoke were true, though acknowledging such would do neither of them any favors at present.  He fixated Nergal with his emerald gaze, his expression weary.

"No need to apologize," he said at last.  "Their audience could not be helped.  It was only a matter of time before the human managed to find his way in here to speak with me anyway.  Might as well make it official."

He then addressed Nergal's second matter, the Source of All Life and their disagreement that had taken place only moments ago.  "I won't deny that I don't like what just happened here," he said.  "You knew that I didn't wish to reveal any connection between myself and the Queenslayer, yet you chose to make yourself known against my wishes.  As for you speaking out of turn"--he drew in a breath--"it was unnecessary and condescending, whether you choose to apologize for it or not.  We are friends, Nergal, yes, and you have done me a great service, but I do not see how you can support me one minute and berate me the next.  You knew which path I chose to tread the moment you struck an alliance with me.  If you had a problem with it you should've spoken of it then.  Taking the side of enemies against me will do you no favors."

It only shakes my trust in you, Yev wanted to add, but felt that now was not the time to admit to such.  The situation between them went from bad to awkward rather quick, and he dared not add anything more that would weaken their bond further.  It surprised him when the Queenslayer brought up Soren and himself, eventually leading to the late queen.  His gaze fell.  What was Queen Shiva to him . . . .  Did he tell Nergal?  Did he trust him enough?

"Queen Shiva was many things to me," he said quietly.  "Our relationship is . . . complicated, to be certain.  However, I never truly wanted her dead.  I had to keep a promise, which sadly required her to step down from the throne."  The blond shook his head.  "But what does this matter?  What was the queen to you?  From stories I've received, it seemed as though you were rather . . . delighted in taking her down."

If this was the moment that Yevgeni was meant to bond with a friend, he failed miserably.  No amount of warmth exuded from the elf, nor was he particularly approachable.  And yet his next words held promise, even for the two friends whom were at odds.  "But yes, let us make our move to Isopolis and claim this Source of All Life, where we each will be able to seek what it is we greatly desire.  I would much rather put all of this behind us, if you would, Nergal."

It was then that he remembered the queen's retainer waiting for him outside; he couldn't just leave her hanging, could he?  And yet the hour grew late.  "I must go inform the retainer Eclaire that I won't be able to meet with her just yet, and then we can leave, if you're ready."

--Alderon Niles -- Raiden's Villa with Bherna--

The king's frown only deepened as he surveyed the pages that Bherna presented to him.  "You are saying that this would've cured her?" he repeated in disbelief.  Now that everything was gone--his world, his lover, his daughter--he would finally find the cure that he sought for so long.  Alderon would've laughed at the irony if he found the situation less grave.  Instead he let out a prolonged sigh.

"And these ingredients are attainable, I would assume?" he asked, running his thumb along the worn page.  He slammed the heavy volume shut, stowing it under his arm and clapping the young woman on the shoulder.  "It brings my heart joy to know that there are young fey such as yourself that would care for an old man and his daughter so."  Alderon proffered her a smile.  "Thank you for sharing this with me.  Should we indeed succeed in restoring my world and beloved daughter, this will doubtlessly be very useful."

Meanwhile Raiden's study was filling with those preparing for the final journey.  Once everyone gathers they will be ready to board their flying vessel of choice and be off for Isopolis.

Bherna Lao-Mystras with Alderon

Bherna smiles to Alderon’s thanks. “I’m just doing what’s right. I hope we can get your daughter back after all this.” She faces downwards. “I can’t imagine the pain you must be going through right now........” She couldn’t help but think how traumatized her father would be if she was gone. He probably would react in anger again.

Jynn and Dawson-Raiden’s Villa

Dawson reacts to Jynn’s reappearance. “What were you doing in there? I heard talking.” Jynn quickly replied. “I was just talking to myself. I also retrieved something that might aid us at Isopolis.” Dawson just stares at the slinger on the prince’s arm. “That thing? I thought you said it’s too ‘new school’ for you.” Jynn ignores the cat and glances at everyone in the room. “Enough talk. Get anything you need. Once we reach Isopolis, there is no turning back.”

~Aqua: At the gates; Kilkis Seres~

Aqua nodded her head slightly. She could wait a bit for the meeting to end. It wasn’t a big deal to wait for Aqua, after all, research took a lot of time to finish and patience was key to her research as well. She smiled at Eclaire. Aqua could tell that she looked sad and worried. She couldn’t do much to cheer her up, but she could at least try. She tried to seem cheery. Aqua wasn't the greatest in the art of cheering others up, but she hated the thought of another person unhappy. It just wasn't something she could stand by and watch. "I’m Aqua.” She said and offered a hand to the girl.

“Something seems to be troubling you. If you want you could tell me about it. ” She said. "But you don't have to." She added on quickly. She wouldn't want to seem like she was rude by having pried.

- Rufus Contralto, with Athena, Rabiyu, and Aura -

Rufus blinked a few times and smiled, glad to see that the princess had something to wish for, something that would have benefited not only herself but her father too.  Crackling his knuckles, he did his little jig, zipping around like a lagging individual in a video game (whatever that was), and shook his hands up towards the heavens.

"Zippy zoopy bippidy Grand Pooh-Bah, make the appearance exactly as she wants it to be so that the wish will be granted in full . . . dah!"

A poof of nose-overloading candle scents later, Athena would find herself the way she was, or rather the way she would have been at her current age of someone in her early twenties.  Feeling satisfied that the incantation worked better than he expected -- he still had the image of her being doglike stuck in his garbled head -- he crossed his arms and beamed with pride.

"All set!" he piped.  "Your other form has been cracked like an eggshell to expose the gooey egg innards that is the real you.  You should go out and show it off to the world, starting with your father, methinks."

- Lord Raiden, currently at Raiden's villa with the gathering of individuals -

Raiden nodded towards Mariel and Sifrei, gladdened of their return to the room.  There were still a number of individuals that had not yet reconvened, but given time they will all come back, he was certain of it.  "Faint of heart" was not anything he would call anybody within this assortment of remarkable people.

The doors opened anew, this time with a man masquerading as a grinning horned ogre slipping through it.  The Infiltrator had returned from wherever he had disappeared to, likely withdrawing in solitude, and raised his head high, looking directly ahead of him with a hyperfocused aura about him.

"Lord Raiden, we need to talk . . . in private.  It regards something of the utmost urgency, and it cannot tarry for long," Teshub spoke smoothly without mincing words.

The lord of Mystras took a glance about the room while he frowned in uncertainty, then nodded his head and started toward the door.  The Infiltrator walked alongside him, though Raiden stopped at the door and commented to the entire assembly, "I will come back momentarily.  Please be patient until I return."

The two stepped out and closed the doors behind them as a small courtesy.

"The secret room below the villa should suffice.  The rooms are crowded with people due to your generosity, and prying eyes could be anywhere with the exception of a place no one knows besides ourselves."

"Agreed," voiced Raiden, his eyes wandering over to his makeshift twin speculatively.  Something really shook him, it seemed, to make him as careful and cautious as he was right now.  "Let us take the fern's trap door to access the underground, then we will go from there."

With a nod, the Infiltrator led the way through the number of people in the hallways, waited for an appropriate moment when nobody seemed to be looking in their direction, and triggered a hidden plate on the wall next to a nearby fern.  With the button pressed, the two slipped into the trap door that led to the vacant tunnels beneath the manor.

~~ ~~ ~~

The cobwebbed appearance of the underground tunnel was entirely a ruse, the tunnels seeing far more use than that of emergency situations.  In order to escape the prying eye of servants and spies, Raiden and Teshub each made frequent trips within these narrow cavities, and both triggered a small, gyrating ball of lightning to serve as their guides through this labyrinth of wooden boards and dirt walls.

Finally they arrived at yet another hidden door, opening up sideways to reveal a deep hole that led deeper into the earth.  Both dropped within seconds of each other, and the third and final door which lay before them cranked open automatically, sensing their approach.

Electric lights buzzed overhead, revealing a white room that seemed more like an underground bunker than anything else.  The bare-bones appearance, like always, was not really so, and was laden with nonperishable supplies and a small armory of weaponry gathered over the years.  Magic-proof walls braced with lead and steel enclosed the entire room with the exception of the door.  To say the two were prepared for calamity would have been an understatement.

"So what is this about, Teshub?" Raiden queried, breaking the silence that reigned over them for two minutes or so.

The Infiltrator removed his mask, his twinned face gazing dead into Raiden's.  He looked pale, unnerving Raiden a little more than before.  What was going on? he wondered internally.

"This is about a lot of things, though you already know about many of them," returned the Infiltrator, sighing heavily as he broke the stare.  "Let me begin with this:  have you gotten over Shiva's death yet, or rather Shiva herself?"

Raiden glowered at the man, disgusted by the question.

"Of course not!" he spat.  "What kind of opening is that for something urgent?"

"It is perfectly understandable.  The reason is that Odin is calling."

Raiden swallowed hard, comprehending what Teshub meant.  The many surges that encompassed him as of late, the crushing imposement of memories that were not his but that of someone who he was before -- it was Odin's rallying cry, a hearkening of the past that happened with every separation, and every fusion.

"It is time for him to come back, and Shiva was the driving reason for his separation, as you probably well recall.  Hah, unless you've forgotten!" commented further Teshub, his voice obscenely mocking.

"I haven't forgotten," Raiden seethed venomously, staring daggers at The Infiltrator.  "Odin was faced with a terrible choice, like all the other times, and like all the other times since he drank from the Well of Wisdom and divined the Bifurcation we were born.  You were born through his rejection of Shiva, and I of his continued faith in her."

"And now she is gone," The Infiltrator commented callously.  "How can a woman, wife or not, hold any faith after death?  What stops you from giving up this charade, this shrapnel of life you still cling to that is part of something much larger than yourself?"

"Legacy," came Raiden, as spiteful as before, pointing a finger at Teshub as he walked around the room.  "What she failed to achieve in life, I will help her achieve in death, only in my own way.  I do not need Odin to guide me down this path, and neither do you.  You are your own person like me.  Why do you feel so compelled to return to the way things were?"

Teshub sneered and folded his arms, following the circle in which Raiden paced with locked eyes.

"I do not need to answer to you, being your equal, or maybe your better.  To whom I would answer . . . is Odin.  Nihil!"

"Yes?" came the oily, noxious voice of the lamp's shadow.

Raiden performed a swift glance at the lamp in the corner, having not noticed it sooner.  His eyes narrowed tightly.

"I shall make a wish.  I wish for us to return to our previous state as Odin."

"NO!" yelled Raiden, horror written all over his face.

"A wish!  A wish!  Finally after all this time, a wish!" Nihil squealed in glee, the shadow freeing itself from the lampshade and enveloping the room, shattering the overhead lights as the tendrils of darkness encroached in every direction.  "Wish granted!"

Raiden felt the tugs of ancient magic and closed his eyes.  His powers were not anything compared to a djinni's wish, and he silently prayed for the ability to resist its ability as best as he could.

Seconds passed, and nothing felt different.  He opened his eyes to find the surroundings just as dark as before, but Teshub's expression was red with rage.

"Nihil!" he exploded, turning towards the dark djinni.

"Sorry, master.  I tried!"

Realisation struck Raiden just as suddenly as Teshub, and the two locked themselves within each other's grasp, hand in hand, twin eyes glaring ahead into glaring twin eyes.  Their strength matched each other perfectly, and both wrestled for superiority.

"Teshub, you wretched cur!  Other half or not, you'll pay for this!" Raiden spat out.

"You're the one that will pay!" returned Teshub.  "Return to oneness, and submit to the Everchange that is Odin, you false image!"

A clash of raw power occurred, lightning against magnetism and electric fields, and both still seemed equally matched.  Both breathed heavily from the exchange, and Nihil onlooked from the darkness with a wicked grin on his face.

"There's a situation you don't see every day!  However, in the end I will support my master!"

Raiden witnessed his world unfold like layers of an onion, surroundings slowly expanding outward starting with the sparse furniture littering the room, then Teshub himself, then the very walls and lights surrounding him, leaving only the darkness that surrounded him.  Quickly realising that this was illusion magic, Raiden prepared his search magic with a few hand signs, but by then it was too late.  A hand plunged deep into his stomach, and he witnessed his own mirror image looking down at him with a victorious smile.

"Finally, after all these years . . . I can feel the richness of his memories," Teshub voiced, a laugh erupting from his throat as he closed his eyes.  "Goodbye, brother.  You should have realised this sooner, that we two would return to the one."

With a cry of one who was being torn piece by infinitesimal piece all at once, Raiden erupted into a cloud of electrostatic dust that trailed around Teshub.  The change took seconds, but in the end Teshub stood there, motionless.  Nihil watched in keen interest as he retreated back into his lamp.  A minute later, the man moved.

"Teshub, is that you?"

"Indeed and indeed not, young one," came the man, opening his eyelids.  Within one, there was nothing but darkness, and beneath both there was a wide grin.  "It is I, Odin."

Edited by Vaude

- Maxis - Dementia - Battle of Two Brothers -

Maxis's barrage was partialy succesful, but not quite, Meksis managed to withstand and block most of the attacks he threw his way. Before Maxis could come up with a new barrage on the fly, Meksis let out his corrupted side to unleash hell on Maxis. As the Latter scrambled to minimize damage taken, dodging and weaving long enough for Meksis to step back.

After Maxis had mentioned Ariel, Meksis went on a lengthy remembering session, as he spoke of highly of Ariel, as his 'expression' only ever grew more apparent and  intense, in contrast to Maxis's 'empty' expression below his helmet.

"Wait...you don't know...do you?" Maxis asked almost as if in shock, this shock allowed Meksis to land his entire barrage of attacks on him, however Maxis was not knocked back, he was just standing there, getting hit, his body reacting accordingly, one hit in particular breaking the upper half of Maxis's face place, only to reveal nothing inside the armor. As he sprung to action, block and grabbing Meksis's sword and shield with both his hands.

"So you don't..." He spoke, lowly, as his faceplate regenerated almost instantly as he vanished and reappeared behind Meksis with a faint trail of shadow energy behind him. With a hand to his chin. "Then again, how would you?" Maxis spoke.

"Ah yes..." Maxis finished for a minute, with his back turned to Meksis, as a somewhat angelic aura began to emanate from Maxis, Meksis would recognize this aura and energy very well. It was Ariel's. Before Meksis could even come to any conclusion Maxis had already flash stepped in a flash of light and attempted to deliver a devastating uppercut to his Brother's stomach area. Which would send him reeling back if it landed.

"You were one of the first who were deactivated...so you weren't there to see...everyone else fall." Maxis began to speak, in a firm and serious tone. "Second generation, easier to control due to the catalyst system...unlike me and the other first generations, turning you off was as if flicking a switch..." Maxis spoke his tone getting more grim with each passing word.

"The tears continued to spread and appear, monsters continuted to rampage, the third generation project a resounding failure with the only prototype. Limbo, whose real name was Hektor, fell first. Apparently dividing an entire being into two planes of reality proved innefective...and you know who ended up having to consume him...you were there with me after all." Maxis spoke, his hands closing into fists.

"But...everything went to hell much further after you were deactivated...you see...Ariel?...she came back...twisted and changed from one of the tears...and I also had to consume her...to release her from the torment she was going through." Maxis's voice began to crack as Meksis would be able to notice the despair and sadness in his voice.

"Equinox, Chroma, Tau, Thox. Everyone else fell, those you knew of...as well...You and I....we're the last surviving armors to roam the world as we speak, because you were safely deactivated and hidden away...and because I was sealed away and bound to a contract with Shiva....Shiva..." Maxis's hands began to shake as he clutched his head after speaking of Shiva.

"Shiva...the ONE thing I saw as a family member in thousands of years, the ONE person I wanted to truly protect and see well...she was murdered...She was brutalized by someone and I don't even know who!. I utterly failed at protecting her." Maxis began to speak in despair as madness energy began to come out of him, the landscape changing as well...to that familiar lake from before.

"You'd think i'd finally be able to find some peace, you'd think...I wouldn't just be left behind again...but no...im always the last one left." Maxis's personality began to shift as his body twitched uncontrollably for a few seconds before stopping, his body slumped forward.

"I mean...isn't he?!" Another voice completely overtook Maxis, as his body twitched a bit more, before raising an open hand upwards and slamming it down. Right then Meksis would feel an immense weight press down on his body. Enough to leave him on a knee, as Mad!Maxis flash stepped right in front of him with a kick aimed at his face, which would easily send Meksis flying back. 

"He resists everything, he withstands every sort of suffering and torment. But he cries like a baby when left behind, alone." The new Maxis spoke taunting the original. "Makes him the perfect vessel...and I must thank for weakening him enough, and making him remember things...so that he'd fall into despair...and allow me to take control...splendid work." It said before teleporting behind Meksis and slamming its fist into his back if possible. Also sending Meksis flying back. 

"He thought he could keep himself happy and stable with someone to protect...I must I didn't expect him to become to attached to someone, but thats over now...Maxis is gone now...like the pathetic little being he always was" It spoke its voice booming and the entire environment shaking with his power. As he waited for Meksis to speak or try anything afterwards.

- Henry - Dreadnought - Kilkis Seres Palace - 

Elia's forgiveness put Henry's mind, and Ariana as well, at ease. She didn't blame him for what happened, and even asked him to talk to Ariana if he could...to which Henry could only warmly smile and nod. "Yes...I will tell her, I promise." Was all Henry could say on the topic, his voice soft and gentle as Elia began to speak about Yevgeni.

Henry knew Yevgeni was the culprit of many all of these things, even if he denies it, he is a horrible liar even if he wishes to lie and manipulate others. Though her enthusiasm in getting Yevgeni exposed was a very refreshing sight, But...

"No one will listen to us, a Fairy who's speaking out against the ruler who managed to win part of the population over with his lies, and a Hybrid who doesn't belong here." Henry commented with remorse in his voice. "Howe-" Henry spoke, as he heard something over the door to where Yevgeni and Nergal were speaking of, as they hadn't left yet. "Come here." Henry spoke as he gently pressed his ear against the door, even with his enhanced senses he could overhear a bit of Yevgeni and Nergal's conversation. Hoping Elia would join in as well. 

"Isopolis?" Henry whispered so only Elia would be able to hear if she was close. "Elia, you hearing this?" Henry asked her, whispering as to not draw attention, his aura uncharged and with effort putting into sealing it just to be sure they wouldn't be detected through aura reading.

- Typhon and Alicia - Raiden's villa - Alongside Jynn -

As Jynn came back into the scene, so did Typhon, who was too bored to stay in one place as he uncloaked into the scene, following up on Dawson's comment about Jynn. 

"What's that? some kind of arm attachment or something? Is it edible?" Typhon remarked dryly, but he was absolutely serious about it being edible or not. 

Alicia sighed as she had been waiting for Jynn to come back to speak to him, keeping to herself without disclosing much with others, more meditating than anything else as she waited for the Prince to return. "That's a slinger, multi use hunting apparatus..." Alicia spoke, with a bit of awe in her voice as her eyes sparkled for a second in excitement. "Do you mind teaching me a few tricks with it after this is all over?" Alicia asked him, innocently. As Typhon laughed, and gave Dawson a little tug, hoping the feline would catch onto what he was thinking.

- Alastor - The Lightning Storm - Broken Meditation -

After the main meeting, Alastor had returned to his tent to prepare and meditate for the upcoming battle at Isopolis, he thought of his past as a Dragon Slayer, and his daugther...who was now right in the same villa he was in, he noticed it almost instantly...but part of him hoped she wouldn't recognize him, as he felt ashamed for acting the way he did when he abandoned her. Seeking life of adventure and solitude, when he could have had someone to care about and be cared by. It tugged at his heartstrings. He never quite got over the act...but all he could do now was make sure she was safe and happy...its all he can do, in his own way.

However, his meditation was broken by a sudden feeling of dread and...loss? his spine chilled and an overwhelming sense of cold dread took his senses, Nothing that anyone would feel or notice...but something he definitely would...his friend...Raiden...something had happened to Raiden. It was not an sense of aura, nor was it any life energy reading, it was Alastor's gut telling him something had happened...and this was not good. Not good at all.

It took him only an entire two seconds to dash and travel at speeds that rivaled the light's own speed capabilities, out of adrenaline and fear. Both things that brought up a lot out of a person, He was already at Raiden's house in the villa. With the simple questions as he panted from the sudden energy surge he had to make. "Where is Raiden..." He spoke, between pants.

Edited by Scrapmaster

- Rabiyu and Aura - Raiden's Villa - Rooftop - With Rufus and Athena -

Both Rabiyu and Aura looked as the Princess explained that she had no idea that Yevgeni was the regent of Kilkis Seres, which was not that surprising to Rabiyu. On the other hand, Aura was surprised the hear that the Regent treated the Princess kindly. Sure, she didn't really knew the Regent, but still, she had her suspicions about the man.

"I'm afraid that at this point we do not know what Yevgeni Malachite is thinking, Princess. Our lives are long and ever changing, more than you humans, I mean," Rabiyu said calmly, "But you shouldn't worry anymore, you are safe within this city. And once you make a wish I will take you with your father."

"It is fine to be selfish every once in a while, Princess Athena," Aura said to the young princess, "You deserve to be happy, just like everyone else. I am sure your father will be surprised once he sees you."

The Princess looked unsure of what to do and Rabiyu could understand some of that doubt. Rulers had to put their subjects above themselves, after all. See for the well being of their people rather than their own needs. The young girl in front of her would make a fine queen, that's what Rabiyu thought, at least. Things could change in the princess' lifetime, which would be but a blink in the eyes of the elf. As the princess finally made her mind and wished for her self to return to the way it was, Rabiyu and Aura saw how her features changed from the dog-like creature to the face of a proper girl. At long last, the curse of the princess of Sondon came to an end.

"All of this wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for you. You have my thanks, Rufus," Rabiyu said as she walked in front of the princess and took the lamp from her hands, "it is done. Your curse has been broken, Princess. Now, I think it is finally time for your reunion wi-"

Some strange feeling came abruptly to the Judge Magister, her hand immediately moved towards her chest. Something had changed. Somewhere, somehow. She wasn't exactly sure what it was, but she had sensed it. Aura noticed the sudden change in the white haired elf and was about to ask, but the hand of Rabiyu was already up.

"As I was saying, Princess, I think it is time for you to reunite with your father," she said in a calm tone as she turned around and gave Aura the magic lamp, "It is yours from now on. Only use it if you truly need it. Now, if you follow me, Princess Athena, I will take you to your father."

Edited by Elrandir

Eclaire - Talking to Aqua: Kilkis Seres

Eclaire gently took Aqua's hand, smiling weakly. "Hello, Aqua...mm." She let go, hands curling closed, before falling to her sides. "I...I'm just nervous is all, Aqua. I f...failed to do something, and...and I don't know what's to become of me. I...there's nothing you can really do." She looked away. "...but...thank you. Not...not many people have really...reached out to me." Eclaire gently grasped her upper arm, more of a nervous action then anything else. "Just...anxious..."

{Mariel: Mystras; Raiden's study}

As Sifrei reported in, Mariel made another visual sweep of the room. This time, she picked out a familiar aura, one she hadn't expected. Her eyes locked on Soren, a cold look settling on her face. So, the demon had attached himself to a new master. How long would that last? She would have to talk to Raiden about this. Soren's power could be of help, but his loyalty was serious question.

The Guardian Angel was pushing off the wall to make her way to the Lord of Mystras when a new comer came in. She settled back as Raiden excused himself and headed out with the new comer.

"Something urgent..." Mariel thought. "New information on this Source we seek?"

Baseless speculation wasn't going to do anything, so the angel went back to the other problem at hand. She watched Soren carefully for a few moments before making her way across the room to him. She paused briefly in front of him, then moved past to lean with her back against the wall behind him.

"Got your priorities in order this time?" She asked coldly, her eyes sweeping the room again.

It was around then that Mariel felt something...happen. It was a strange feeling, not something she had experienced before, but there was something...familiar in the wake?

"Raiden..." she murmured before practically jumping away from the wall and dashing for the door.

She felt another surge of energy, but this one felt starting out outside the villa. Throwing the door open, the Guardian Angel raced out, trying to pinpoint where Raiden was. She saw a blur that turned into Alastor, asking the same question that was on her mind.

"This way!" Mariel called out to the Storm before sprinting after Raiden's aura.

--Elia Cabret -- Kilkis Seres--

A frown pinched Elia's brow as she scrunched up her nose, curious as to what Henry beckoned her for.  She carefully rested an ear against the door, eyes growing ever wider as she listened in.  Eventually the fairy backed away, looking at the door as though it had fangs and venom.

"The Source of All Life," Elia whispered, gaze shifting to Henry.  "This sounds powerful, and like it will end in a mess unless we do something."

The conversation inside began to wrap up, and Elia and Henry hear footsteps approach the door.  Yevgeni announces that he needs to speak with Eclaire, and it is presumable that he is getting ready to leave.  Elia jumped, grabbing Henry's sleeve and tugging on it.  "Quick, someone's coming!" she hissed.  "We can't be seen here."

The young fairy slid behind a column, expecting Henry to do the same.  Her eyes fall to Henry as she says, "Let's follow them tonight, when they plan to go.  We can't let them get away with this."

--Yevgeni Malachite -- Kilkis Seres Palace Gates--

The elf parted ways with Nergal to see to the late queen's retainer, as he'd promised to do prior to meeting with the Queenslayer.  He approached the rose-haired cat woman tentatively, surprised to find her in conversation with his former pupil.  He glanced to them both, golden hair gleaming in the brilliant sunshine.

"My apologies for keeping you, Noble Retainer," Yevgeni said at last.  "I had some other urgent business to attend to.  Sadly, however, I must make our meeting brief.  I have to be somewhere later this evening and must depart from Kilkis Seres shortly.  Might I entrust the palace and its people to you in my absence?  I feel you would be a good fit."

His emerald eyes turned toward Aqua before offering her a respectful nod.  "It has been some time since I have seen you, Aqua.  I feared that the war had scarred you permanently.  It is good to see you again, and doing well, I trust?"

--Alderon Niles -- Raiden's villa with Bherna--

The king's face tightened at the mention of his pain which he endured at his daughter's loss.  "I do not like talking about it," he said dismissively, tone far from warm.  "But I appreciate your condolences.  Now, if you'll excuse me I have a battle to prepare for."

Whether mental or physical even Alderon wasn't certain.  No one was quite certain what the Isopolis trials would pertain to, which unnerved him slightly.  He bounded up to his quarters for a change of clothing as well as retrieve his weapon, feeling that he would be needing it.

--Athena Niles -- Raiden's Rooftop--

The girl felt relatively the same, which troubled her.  Did Rufus' magic work?  Was she back to her old self?  She held out her hands in front of her; they seemed normal enough.  She then moved on to patting her head, which must've looked quite foolish to the others.  She let out a small cry of joy, clapping her hands together before flinging her arms around Rufus' neck in what might've been an unbearably tight hug.  "Oh, thank you ever so much!" she cried, eyes filling with tears.  "You've no idea how much you've done for me."

After composing herself the princess turned toward the elf and fellow human, offering them a curtsy.  "Thank you, both of you.  I had nearly forgotten what it felt like to be truly human."

She clasped her hands in front of her, offering Rabiyu a soft smile.  "I should like to see my father now, please, if you would be willing to take me to him."

- Reclaimant Odin, stepping out back into the villa and heading back to the meeting area -

Odin did not lose much time, expecting that others would be searching for Raiden within the hour, and made the exchange of clothes with the electrified dust on the ground, absorbing the last of the dust with the magic of absolute grounding as he did so.  Feeling complete, he looked over to the fell djinni, the wide grin still spread upon its umbral lampshade.

"Odin.  Odin Odin Odin!  What a lovely name.  Do you have a last name to compliment it?" remarked the shadow.

"I discarded it from use.  Few remember it now.  Nihil, was it?  According to the ancient laws, I am privy to another wish, being not the same man as before, am I right?"

Nihil's eyes lit up as he returned with a wild, oily "Yes!"

"Hm," grunted Odin, glancing over to the site of his death and rebirth.  "Teshub should have been more prepared.  He knew you were a twister of words, but he did not know he would have needed your aid beyond a wish in remaking me.  In the end, you did as the wish granted, though not in the quickest, easiest sense."  He took several steps toward Nihil and stopped a short ways away, staring the creature fully in the face.  Nihil recoiled slightly.  "Let us be off, this time with a different manner of travel."

Grabbing the neck of the lamp, he dematerialised the lamp so that it was no longer in this dimension, displacing it entirely into a non-physical plane of existence.  Nihil hissed at the realisation before winking out of this world.

"And now for the last thing," Odin continued, bending over his discarded robes from Teshub and tearing the white sash in half to the atom with electricity.  With it, he tied it around his head, hiding his empty socket.  A smile welled on his face.  "Good as new."

Leaving the room behind, he slipped back up to the surface, taking the same route as the halves did before, and started heading back to the room where everyone was gathered.

- Rabiyu and Aura - Raiden's Villa - Rooftop - With Rufus and Athena -

"Glad to help?" Aura said, slightly surprised by the princess' behavior, "It was finally time for you to return to normal, princess. It is nice to see you happy."

Rabiyu looked at the young girl and her reaction after retuning to her normal self, she was glad for her and surely that would help with the king. Two birds with one stone.

"There is no need to thank us, princess. Your father said that you suffered by your condition. And from now on, that is over. It is time for you to regain your life," Rabiyu said with a faint smile, "I will take you to your father now. I hope that he can find solace in knowing that his daughter is alive and well. Please, follow me."

Without saying another word, which was normal for her, Rabiyu made her way towards the place where the human king was, followed closely by Aura behind her. In her mind she was wondering what could trigger that sudden feeling of change, of dread. The elf only hoped that it wasn't something that could prove detrimental to their cause. Thanks to the rune she had placed around the house it was easy to find Alderon, he was in his own quarters, which were easy to find. It took a little time to arrive thanks to having to dodge a lot of the people around the villa. Once in front of the King's room Rabiyu knocked.

"Your Highness? pardon the interruption. It is Eliltari, Lord Raiden's associate," She said calmly, "May we be allowed to come inside? There is something important that you must learn."

- Helios & Arthur - In Raiden's Study - /w everyone else who is at Raiden's study -''

Arthur nodded. "I will travel to Isopolis...if we can restore our world...it'd be worth the risk." He explained. Helios and Arthur talked with each other, humming as they formed their own personal opinions and thoughts over the journey to Isopolis that was slowly approaching to them. Helios perked his head up when Raiden returned...but there was a change to him. He looked the same...but he didn't feel the same. He didn't sense the same...it was odd. He couldn't quite understand it. It was that 6th sense that he couldn't quite pinpoint down. Helios unconsciously moved over to Soren, grasping at his arm for a moment. "Soren." He said, looking up at him, his eyes glancing up at him. "...something's wrong." He said, staring back at lord Raiden. Lord Raiden lacked that gleam of light in his eyes any longer. It was gone. Arthur didn't seem to notice the change, hurrying over to Raiden. "Lord Raiden, will we be departing soon?" He asked, a smile on his lips.

(I'm so sorry I tried to make it longer but the bois dont have much interaction. I'll add some flashbacks of other stuff to fill the page later.)