Everything posted by Dave
-
Ladies and Gentlemen...The Matrix
All of them.
-
Ladies and Gentlemen...The Matrix
is a bad movie.
- I don't like Riku in KH1
- Birth By Sleep made me hate the Keyblade Master title
-
Birth By Sleep made me hate the Keyblade Master title
The entire concept of being a Master and making it a mandatory title to achieve is something where the series started to veer in the wrong direction. Sora got the keyblade and has become the hero he was because he was a good guy with a strong heart, who was willing to help out people he didn't even know just because they were in dire need. But the Mark of Mastery is almost designed around an almost selfish notion that focuses on the individual and the individual alone. Standards for passing seem to be focused on pure combat skill (which, ironically, would have left the keyblade in the hands of Riku at the start of Kingdom Hearts 1), and the concept of controlling your Darkness, which symbolizes personal strength as opposed to what you do for other people. On the latter note, Riku only gets his so called "immunity" to Darkness by virtue of having welcomed it and abetting in the destruction of his island and the near end of the world. But because he is now more powerful, regardless of the amount of lives he ruined (still waiting on him to actually apologize for anything), he is deemed more a master than Sora, who has not given into the Darkness once. The theme of the games shift from the emotional merit of a person to just their martial prowess being what matters the most.
- KH13 Pokemon Tournament Thread
-
Let me know when you're available for our tournament match. I'll be on pretty much the rest of th...
Cool! We can go right now, if you're ready.
-
Finally got up to 100 squats and 100 sit ups.
I'm only up to 30 push ups. For some reason, the regimen I'm on seems to scale those up slowly.
- Dave's status update
-
I need to make a website for this class I'm taking. Any suggestions for a topic?
How many pages does it need to be, or is it just a front page with some functional links and buttons that don't need to go anywheres? I remember a few examples we worked on in my web class was generic stuff on cupcakes and soccer.
-
If Dark Souls and KH crossed over, would Maleficent be the equivalent of The Witch of Izalith or ...
Xehanort's already been eaten by Manus.
- Sooooo Ven x Aqua confrimed?
-
Dave's status update
If Dark Souls and KH crossed over, would Maleficent be the equivalent of The Witch of Izalith or Seath (because evil dragon)?
-
Would you rather have no arms? Or legs?
Neither. Limbs are a construction forced upon us by the government.
-
New Oh My Disney character quiz for Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
I wound up with Snow White somehow, which is a new one to me.
-
My war against the mods (Mainly Flaming Lea)
I guess you could say we use our powers in... moderation.
-
Some drawings!
I'm curious: is the girl in the green and white hoodie a Buzz Lightyear reference? Because the color palette is very similar.
- KH13 Pokemon Tournament Thread
- Where SE NA went wrong with KHUχ
-
Did YouTube get rid of the comment section or something? Because on every video I go to it says ...
Comments being unavailable would be the only improvement to Youtube that would be universally approved of.
-
Guys help. What are some good fighting games that aren't Smash or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm?
Soul Calibur, though admittedly I haven't played some of the recent installments.
-
Dave's status update
For Final Fantasy XVI, do you think that the Cid should wear nothing but a codpiece? You know, just to even things out a bit?
- Dave's status update
-
Do You Think Square is Making Bad Decisions Concerning KH?
Well, Dream Drop Distance happened, so yes.
-
Castle of Dreams coming to Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ in October
The Bell Heartless is interesting, given that the bells in the house are a constant reminder of Cinderella's indentured servitude, but I'm not really understanding the Candle one.