Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

*SPOILERS IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH YET!!*

Okay, so I had this running through my mind for awhile now, and it popped up again yesterday while I was taking off my car stickers  :tongue:

So, I know that Xion in 358/2 Days disappears at the end, and Namine explained that when she did, everyone's memories of her would fade away too. Plus, wouldn't Roxas have said something when he regained all his memories before finding Sora in Twilight Town?

What confuses me is how Sora sheds a tear when he sees her form in DDD. If all memories of her faded away when she did, why would Roxas let alone anyone remember her and cry for her? Just something to ask about and see what you guys think  :biggrin:

Edited by Oathkeeper133

Like you said, if Xion returns to Sora everyone will(Should) forget about  her existence however Roxas, Axel, Xemnas and Saix still remembers her. The next day after Xion's dead Riku start to remember her again too.

*SPOILERS IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH YET!!*

Okay, so I had this running through my mind for awhile now, and it popped up again yesterday while I was taking off my car stickers  :tongue:

So, I know that Xion in 358/2 Days disappears at the end, and Namine explained that when she did, everyone's memories of her would fade away too. Plus, wouldn't Roxas have said something when he regained all his memories before finding Sora in Twilight Town?

What confuses me is how Sora sheds a tear when he sees her form in DDD. If all memories of her faded away when she did, why would Roxas let alone anyone remember her and cry for her? Just something to ask about and see what you guys think  :biggrin:

The memories are gone for sure. It's probably only the pain that remains. Roxas' pain of her loss. So Sora sheds a tear and doesn't know why.

Like you said, if Xion returns to Sora everyone will(Should) forget about  her existence however Roxas, Axel, Xemnas and Saix still remembers her. The next day after Xion's dead Riku start to remember her again too.

Actually, no one remembers her. Memories of Xion are gone entirely.

Data-Sora in Re:coded: "If I put the hurt aside, I'll lose my ties to all the people I care about. My mind's made up. I may end up falling into the darkness, but I'll carry this with me. I'll only get rid of it when I remember everything, and not a day sooner than that. I'll keep the hurt with me for the time being. It's all that I have. It's what holds the pieces in place. I accept that"

That's basically what's happening. The memories people have of Xion are gone, but the pain remains in their hearts. It's also why seeing Kairi's face stirs something on Lea as per the concert skit, the heart remembers even when the chain is broken. And that hurt remains until the day the memories come back.

I guess that makes sense. I do remember seeing that in Re:coded too with Data-Sora. Thnx!  :biggrin:

The memories are gone for sure. It's probably only the pain that remains. Roxas' pain of her loss. So Sora sheds a tear and doesn't know why.

Actually, no one remembers her. Memories of Xion are gone entirely.

Disagree, why does Xemnas and Saix are talking about Xion being gone (Dead). And why does Roxas still knows her name the day after her dead. And why does Riku getting flashbacks of her.

Disagree, why does Xemnas and Saix are talking about Xion being gone (Dead). And why does Roxas still knows her name the day after her dead. And why does Riku getting flashbacks of her.

The memories weren't fully gone yet. Roxas has trouble remembering her name but is trying his hardest to. Xion literally moves Roxas' arm to send the Keyblade to Riku in order to help Riku stop Roxas from getting himself killed and he has a few flashbacks of her in the process. And then repeats those flashbacks second later, with the images already blurring in his head again.

When Roxas falls unconscious after fighting Riku, there is a literal montage of his memories of Xion disappearing for definitive.

Roxas and Xion are all a part of Sora. Xion is still very much there and so are the memories. Roxas has just lost access to them. It's like Namine said, it's the links in the chain of memories that is broken. It's more likely that his subconscious remembers her even though he can't. Yeah, this stuff is complicated.

Well my friend, it's to symbolize the fact that deep within Sora's heart, Xion still lives, because despite the fact that she's been forgotten from existence, she is a part of Sora, and as such, he cried, because he felt that sting in his heart when he saw Xion, even though he didn't know her!

There sure are a lot of things to think about. But I think I finally get it now  :smile:  I also wanted to say that so many people don't like Xion for who she was, and it just breaks my heart. She was a big part of Roxas and Axel's lives, and even had a big influence on Sora too. She almost became Sora for crying out loud! Anyone can have their own opinion about her, but for me she was a really big character  :biggrin:

Sora/Roxas doesn't remember Xion, but in Roxas' heart, way deep down, his heart recognizes her. I think you're thinking to much about this. The answer is simply "because hearts" lol.

Edited by Elfdemon_

Well if you go by Namine's words you can never truly lose the memories they can only be locked away from you.

IMO their memories of Xion are still there they are just locked away and thus it appears as if she never existed.

It wasn't that. No one remembers her, Sora never met Xion, hence the reason both Sora and Riku have no idea who she is. However, during that moment, Sora was confronting the pain of those he was seeing there. Xion actually formed her own heart during the events of Days so she will also very likely make a return in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Just a note to clear things up about the heart: this is confirmed when the digitized version of Ansem the Wise is talking to Riku about Sora. He mentions the multiple connections Sora has with those who are hurting. One of which was a puppet who grew a heart.

Edited by Hero of Winds