Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Who's the best villain in the MCU so far?

Who's the best villain in the MCU so far?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best villain in the MCU so far?

• Ultron
    • Killmonger
    • Ronan
    • Loki
    • Vulture
    • Hela
    • Alexander Pierce
    • Red Skull
    • Ego
    • Zemo
    • I don't like the villains.
    • Someone else? Share below!

Loki definitely has the swag that i love but I’ve got to go with Zemo as best villain. His backstory made him that sympathetic character that we all relate to & best of all he broke up the Avengers without even fighting them

Okay, while Loki is immensely badass, he's technically in the neutral field, and I consider him to be more of an anti-hero now than a villain, so I'll discard him as an option.

I think that one of the best MCU villains so far has to be Ultron! Even though he was present for only one film, sadly, I loved the screentime we had with him, which was actually quite a lot! I loved how Tony originally intended to have Ultron defend the Earth because of the nightmare he had about an imminent threat coming to wipe out existence, but as Ultron glimpsed at how the world was, he determined that the only way to save the world was by destroying humanity, which was crippling nature and the world in and of itself!

What strikes me as awesome about Ultron is that he was a calculating, cold and psychological villain. He literally got into the heads of the Avengers, and he toyed with them and made them question themselves, which planted the seeds that would be sown in Civil War! Ultron was a great philosopher, and I liked his dark humor, and I absolutely loved that James Spader voiced him, bringing dimension to his character! I really wish Ultron had survived and lived to fight another day!

But oh well, that dream's all but gone. xD

Edited by The Transcendent Key

To be honest, I liked Obidiah from the first Iron Man, for the most part, he was a villain that didn't want to get his own hands dirty and only did so when absolutely necessary.  He was caniving, and was basically the reason Tony became Ironman, he was human just like tony, so to really get to tony all he had to do was bide his time, and when Pepper found out what he was doing behind the companies back, he had no choice but to kill Tony and use the suit he constructed from Tony's original design.  Overall he was pretty much defeated by Tony's own understanding of the technology behind the suit.  

I personally think that Killmonger is a little overrated.  Don't get me wrong, I think that he's one of the best Marvel villains so far, but I don't think that he deserves some of the praise that he's been getting, especially since some people have said that he's on par with Heath Ledger's Joker, which I personally don't agree with because I don't think that he even comes close to that level.  If I were to rank the best Marvel villains so far, I would rank them: #1 Loki, #2 Vulture, #3 Ego, and #4 Killmonger.  It's a little bit of a tossup for me between Ego and Killmonger for #3, but that's where I put them for now.  After that, I don't think that any of the other Marvel villains so far have been all that great.  But all of this is just my opinion.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

I am going with red skull never can do wrong with the good old nazis as villians :P

Okay, while Loki is immensely badass, he's technically in the neutral field, and I consider him to be more of an anti-hero now than a villain, so I'll discard him as an option.

I think that one of the best MCU villains so far has to be Ultron! Even though he was present for only one film, sadly, I loved the screentime we had with him, which was actually quite a lot! I loved how Tony originally intended to have Ultron defend the Earth because of the nightmare he had about an imminent threat coming to wipe out existence, but as Ultron glimpsed at how the world was, he determined that the only way to save the world was by destroying humanity, which was crippling nature and the world in and of itself!

What strikes me as awesome about Ultron is that he was a calculating, cold and psychological villain. He literally got into the heads of the Avengers, and he toyed with them and made them question themselves, which planted the seeds that would be sown in Civil War! Ultron was a great philosopher, and I liked his dark humor, and I absolutely loved that James Spader voiced him, bringing dimension to his character! I really wish Ultron had survived and lived to fight another day!

But oh well, that dream's all but gone. xD

I fully agree with you about Loki, I am really curious to see where they go with his characters either he stays now the way he is or he will turn into a hero at some point and save the day. A Loki movie would be nice. Ultron was good but the Idea of the villian that destroys the human race to save mother nature has been done to death but again in marvel typical fashion they gave him lots of good dialog. I would have liked to see more of him and jarves together since they are both Iron mans creations and are kind of brothers

I am going with red skull never can do wrong with the good old nazis as villians :P

I fully agree with you about Loki, I am really curious to see where they go with his characters either he stays now the way he is or he will turn into a hero at some point and save the day. A Loki movie would be nice. Ultron was good but the Idea of the villian that destroys the human race to save mother nature has been done to death but again in marvel typical fashion they gave him lots of good dialog. I would have liked to see more of him and jarves together since they are both Iron mans creations and are kind of brothers

Sweet, sweet, Red Skull is a classic villain, for sure!

Yeah, ever since Loki was introduced, I liked that they gave him major importance, and that he'd constantly shift loyalties. That, along with his personality and charm, are what makes his character engaging, hence why I love Tom's portrayal of him! Marvel really did pick the perfect actor for the role! And yes, Ultron was given a personality and a thought process, and I loved how he was thinking about things, rationalizing and compartmentalizing, constantly thinking and evolving! Pretty epic stuff! I frickin loved Ultron! :D