Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
khfan14

Thought on what will happen in the game?

5 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I would like to play as Lea, not too fond of Kairi.

I don't know enough about Kairi to really like or dislike her, honestly. She's just been such a boring character up until this point. Though I cannot stand her new voice, which I know is a very unpopular opinion, and I'm sorry to anyone who likes the new voice. I just know that a lot of other people want to play as her. I'm with you; we HAVE to be able to play as Lea in a future game, we just have to.

6 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I don't know enough about Kairi to really like or dislike her, honestly. She's just been such a boring character up until this point. Though I cannot stand her new voice, which I know is a very unpopular opinion, and I'm sorry to anyone who likes the new voice. I just know that a lot of other people want to play as her. I'm with you; we HAVE to be able to play as Lea in a future game, we just have to.

I hope we get to explore more of Lea's back story.  He's just started his redemption arc, he needs more attention.

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

I hope we get to explore more of Lea's back story.  He's just started his redemption arc, he needs more attention.

Agreed. He's such a fantastic character and without a doubt one of the most popular characters of the entire saga. If they kill him, a lot of fans (myself included) will be very very angry. He's got some character development to undergo.

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:

Agreed. He's such a fantastic character and without a doubt one of the most popular characters of the entire saga. If they kill him, a lot of fans (myself included) will be very very angry. He's got some character development to undergo.

Isn't that one of the reasons he was brought back by Square Enix because fans couldn't stand to see him perish in Com?

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

Isn't that one of the reasons he was brought back by Square Enix because fans couldn't stand to see him perish in Com?

Yeah it is. They actually brought him back twice because he was also supposed to die at the end of Roxas' prologue in KH2. 

6 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I guess his popularity will never cease. 

To be honest I never unserstood Lea's popularity. I thought his death in Kh2 was a great end to his character. His resurrection via fan love actually made me dislike him quite a bit since I didn't think he had any place in the story following Kh2. My biggest problem with Lea was him getting a keyblade. He didn't need one, his chakrams were already cool, and he didn't really need to be more special. 

I don't know what it is about him that people like so much. He's alright, but that's pretty much the extent of the feelings I can muster for him.

52 minutes ago, clatter411 said:

To be honest I never unserstood Lea's popularity. I thought his death in Kh2 was a great end to his character. His resurrection via fan love actually made me dislike him quite a bit since I didn't think he had any place in the story following Kh2. My biggest problem with Lea was him getting a keyblade. He didn't need one, his chakrams were already cool, and he didn't really need to be more special. 

I don't know what it is about him that people like so much. He's alright, but that's pretty much the extent of the feelings I can muster for him.

That's totally understandable. It's actually similar to how I feel about Kairi. I don't get why so many people love her so much, especially since we've hardly spent any time with her and she's gotten next to no development, despite the fact that she's been integral to the series since the first game. Yet so many people love her. Even her obtaining a keyblade made me feel similarly to how you feel about Lea getting one. It felt kind of shoehorned in to me, like they felt that she hsould have a keyblade because Sora and Riku had them.

I guess it all depends on what kinds of characters you enjoy. 

3 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

That's totally understandable. It's actually similar to how I feel about Kairi. I don't get why so many people love her so much, especially since we've hardly spent any time with her and she's gotten next to no development, despite the fact that she's been integral to the series since the first game. Yet so many people love her. Even her obtaining a keyblade made me feel similarly to how you feel about Lea getting one. It felt kind of shoehorned in to me, like they felt that she hsould have a keyblade because Sora and Riku had them.

I really appreciate this comment. It's really refreshing to see people understand others viewpoints instead of rejecting them even if it only is about a video game. I've seen that alot on this site and it's great to see. 

5 hours ago, clatter411 said:

I get what you mean. Lea/Axel feels like a prime example of a character's popularity working both for and against him. While I didn't hate him getting a Keyblade, it just came off really lazy and forced, on how they did it. It's ironic the one member of the Seasalt trio who couldn't use a Keyblade in the Organization turned out to be the only one to get his own. The other two just burrow Sora/Ventus' or use fake ones. If only Xemnas knew it was that easy. I also prefer the chakrams. I hope he still has them in KHIII.

As far as Lea's part in the story, they are really playing up his story with Saix/Isa. I'm mildly curious on what their backstory is.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

Due to retcons every seems to easily get a keyblade now (looking at you BBS). In the first game it was something special that only like 2 or 3 people could have. I don't mind Kairi or Lea having one cause that's just how things are now, but it makes things said in the first game pointless.

6 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I think people like her not because they see her as an awesome character, but because they want to to get development, to be a part of the plot and not just be there for Sora's and Riku's motivations. I really want to love her but the game's writers have to put some effort into her. I see a lot more hate for her then love at times for things that's not really the character's fault (it's bad writing). From what we have seen of her I feel she can be a fun character in line with Sora and if actually given a chance could really shine. She just in general deserves better.

8 hours ago, clatter411 said:

I will miss his chakrams. :( They were a really cool weapon. Though he's not really one of my favorites either, I think he's a really fun character with a cool design and I love his relationships with other characters. But I do find him a tad bit....overused maybe? Overrated? I dunno the right term. But sometimes I just get a little turned off from really popular characters cause I'm petty ;). So I might not be the best person to rate a character. Now I character I really do not care about is Saix.

4 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Due to retcons every seems to easily get a keyblade now (looking at you BBS). In the first game it was something special that only like 2 or 3 people could have. I don't mind Kairi or Lea having one cause that's just how things are now, but it makes things said in the first game pointless.

I think people like her not because they see her as an awesome character, but because they want to to get development, to be a part of the plot and not just be there for Sora's and Riku's motivations. I really want to love her but the game's writers have to put some effort into her. I see a lot more hate for her then love at times for things that's not really the character's fault (it's bad writing). From what we have seen of her I feel she can be a fun character in line with Sora and if actually given a chance could really shine. She just in general deserves better.

I will miss his chakrams. :( They were a really cool weapon. Though he's not really one of my favorites either, I think he's a really fun character with a cool design and I love his relationships with other characters. But I do find him a tad bit....overused maybe? Overrated? I dunno the right term. But sometimes I just get a little turned off from really popular characters cause I'm petty ;). So I might not be the best person to rate a character. Now I character I really do not care about is Saix.

Kairi is a fun character when she's allowed to be. KHII really deflated her personality and stuck her to generic damsel in distress. But in KHI, I thought she was one of the more lively personalities in the game. You know, when she was awake. While Kairi doesn't crack my top 5 favorite characters list she lead to the creation of her offspring and cousin, so I'm always grateful to her for that. I hope she gets a shining moment in KHIII, I'm crossing my fingers for it.

As for Lea, I liked him better as Axel. He was more on his own side then anyone else's and it really made him standout. He did care about things like Roxas and Xion, but he never put them above his own existence and position, and by the time he did it was too late for all of them. Axel was a complicated character put into some very tough decisions over the course of Chain, Days, and KHII. I can see why he's popular. It's Lea I'm not that crazy about, not yet anyway. Lea just feels like a fanservice version of Axel right now, without the elements that made Axel so compelling.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:09 AM, Allwil13 said:

That's totally understandable. It's actually similar to how I feel about Kairi. I don't get why so many people love her so much, especially since we've hardly spent any time with her and she's gotten next to no development, despite the fact that she's been integral to the series since the first game. Yet so many people love her. Even her obtaining a keyblade made me feel similarly to how you feel about Lea getting one. It felt kind of shoehorned in to me, like they felt that she should have a keyblade because Sora and Riku had them.

Personally, I thought Kairi getting a Keyblade made more sense than Lea. Like you pointed out, if Sora and Riku can have a Keyblade, then she can too. If she was deliberately excluded, then there would be suspicion of sexism. More than some female fans already suspect/believe. There's really no reason for her not to. Especially when both the other trios contain a Keyblade-wielding female character, and Sora wasn't "meant" to have the Keyblade either. Riku is the only member of the Destiny trio who is "Supposed" to have a Keyblade. Axel/Lea getting one felt a bit werid, since he didn't really need one as he already had his chakrams. I don't really have a problem with him getting one, I just felt like him getting one was more egregious and "shoehorned" than Kairi. That's just what my personal feeling was between the two when it happened. I've grown to accept his keyblading but I will miss his old fighting style. :(

As of the newer installments, I feel like the KH1 side of the kidnapped argument is a bit unfair. Kairi lost her heart. Her body was carried around by Riku, but Riku considered himself protecting her, and her heart was safe inside Sora. Ventus and (to a degree) Sora end up in the same state, and so could equally be called "Damsels in Distress" in these moments(I think they actually have the trope listed for them on TVtropes, lol). For comparison:

2n83m9s.png

They're portrayed the same way. Ventus's body has also been moved around in the same way. 

Also, on waking up, Kairi refuses to run away automatically from Ansem, as she doesn't want to leave Riku behind. Then later, she uses herself as human shield for heartless Sora. I think these are some of the best moments for her.

In KH2, it happens because Kairi refuses to sit idle now that she has her memories back, and wants to be proactive, so even though she doesn't have any way of defending herself, she still tries to find her friends on her own and displays bravery and a refusal to give up. In fact, she's stubborn. This aspect was also shown in KH1 when she had the argument with Sora about staying behind. Just like Sora and to a lesser extent Riku, she jumps into danger without thinking sometimes. In my opinion, KH2 showed a lot of her, personality-wise. I want to add that if Kairi could fight well enough to fend off Saix right away, that wouldn't have made sense. If she'd stayed on the island and been completely passive, that'd be worse ( The reason she stays in DDD is because everything seems OK for now, she wasn't trained enough for the exam, plus Nomura wanted her joining the lights to be a surprise secret ending for some reason). People would also have used these against her, so it kinda feels like she can't win. 

Of course, I'm not unbiased. It's just that, I feel like people blow the whole "DiD" thing out of proportion and exaggerate it a bit. In BBS, for example, she was a literal 4-year-old child. In KH3, it's shared with everyone else save Sora, AND, it appearsa direct result of sacrificing herself for Lea. Some of the more personal reasons I like Kairi is because I can relate to aspects of her personality, such as her being a tomboy ( The PS2 game booklets that come with the games, state this, tomboys can still wear pink, etc, and she very much is one in Japan). She was a role-model for me growing up, especially when, in the 2000's, most other female game characters were a lot worse. I also fell in love with her character design and personality.

I don't mind people disliking her, though (Well, unless it's "because it gets in the way of ______", because that's a lame reason, so you could say I do mind in that case, but I won't start anything over it), and yes, she is underdeveloped. Hopefully KH3 finally gives her the development she needs. And, if you just plain don't like the character, that's cool too

19 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

she lead to the creation of her offspring and cousin, so I'm always grateful to her for that.

LOL. There's a somewhat-long-running gag of people calling Xion and/or Namine "Sora and Kairi's daughter/kid". They're technically not wrong ?

It feels like we've derailed this into a Lea and Kairi thread, lol ?

Some fans have theorized Zexion/Ienzo might be the cloaked figure apart from what is probably Xion. My own idea is this: His title is "Cloaked Schemer", so it's possible that him helping Sora bring Roxas back could also be him helping the organization. Maybe he will double-cross Sora. Maybe, it's all so he can provide Xehanort a 13th vessel in the form of Roxas or Xion. I want to believe he's on the side of the good guys/back to being a normal dude, though. But the physique and "re-invited" do fit him.

1 hour ago, Kittenz said:

Some fans have theorized Zexion/Ienzo might be the cloaked figure apart from what is probably Xion. My own idea is this: His title is "Cloaked Schemer", so it's possible that him helping Sora bring Roxas back could also be him helping the organization. Maybe he will double-cross Sora. Maybe, it's all so he can provide Xehanort a 13th vessel in the form of Roxas or Xion. I want to believe he's on the side of the good guys/back to being a normal dude, though. But the physique and "re-invited" do fit him.

Lol, I think you're right. I didn't intend for it to get so out of hand. On the subject of Ienzo, I don't want every ex-organization member who returns to become evil again and rejoin the organization. I was super disappointed when I saw Demyx with the yellow eyes and pointed ears because I thought maybe he would side with Sora and his friends. But it certainly seems like Ienzo will be helping Sora and his friends out with their mission, which makes me happy. But I guess it is possible that he'll turn against them.

Edited by Allwil13

1 hour ago, Kittenz said:

He would benefit by playing a double agent since Lea is supposedly on Sora's side now.  Him playing the double agent would mirror Axel's role in Com and could potentially be a means of avenging himself against Lea.

25 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

He would benefit by playing a double agent since Lea is supposedly on Sora's side now.  Him playing the double agent would mirror Axel's role in Com and could potentially be a means of avenging himself against Lea.

I will admit, I do kind of hope that Ienzo doesn't like Lea (at least at first) in Kingdom Hearts III. I'm really hoping they don't just sweep the fact that Axel killed Zexion under the rug and act like it never happened, because come on. There has to be at least a small case of sour grapes there. But I don't want Ienzo to be evil. The only organization member that came back and didn't turn evil was Lea, and that wasn't even a big shock because Axel wasn't really that evil to begin with, and by the end he was more of an anti-hero. We still don't know what's going to happen with Dilan and Aeleus, but I'm hoping that they'll turn over a new leaf as well.

15 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I will admit, I do kind of hope that Ienzo doesn't like Lea (at least at first) in Kingdom Hearts III. I'm really hoping they don't just sweep the fact that Axel killed Zexion under the rug and act like it never happened, because come on. There has to be at least a small case of sour grapes there. But I don't want Ienzo to be evil. The only organization member that came back and didn't turn evil was Lea, and that wasn't even a big shock because Axel wasn't really that evil to begin with, and by the end he was more of an anti-hero. We still don't know what's going to happen with Dilan and Aeleus, but I'm hoping that they'll turn over a new leaf as well.

Dilan I suspect is one of the Seekers, he like Even was in a comatose state in KHDDD and he played a pretty much significant role in KH2.  He was number three in the previous Organization, so there's a good chance we might end up fighting him and his Dragoons again.  Ienzo, I don't know.  I wouldn't necessarily call him evil.  Maybe they could have him being a double agent at first but then come back to his senses, forgive Lea, and try to redeem himself in some way.

I feel like Nomura might have swept the whole Axel indirectly killing Zexion under the rug because it might get in the way of the bigger plot going on.

6 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Dilan I suspect is one of the Seekers, he like Even was in a comatose state in KHDDD and he played a pretty much significant role in KH2.  He was number three in the previous Organization, so there's a good chance we might end up fighting him and his Dragoons again.  Ienzo, I don't know.  I wouldn't necessarily call him evil.  Maybe they could have him being a double agent at first but then come back to his senses, forgive Lea, and try to redeem himself in some way.

I feel like Nomura might have swept the whole Axel indirectly killing Zexion under the rug because it might get in the way of the bigger plot going on.

Well, I guess if Axel hadn't tricked Repliku into killing Zexion then Zexion wouldn't have become human again, so maybe Ienzo feels a weird sense of gratitude? That's my best guess, anyway. I definitely think that Ienzo won't turn completely to the dark, if he does at all. The fleeting snippet in the BH6 trailer where he's reunited with Ansem the Wise indicated that Ienzo has some strong feelings there, but we don't know if they're good or bad. I suspect AtW is forgiving him for banishing him to the RoD.

27 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Well, I guess if Axel hadn't tricked Repliku into killing Zexion then Zexion wouldn't have become human again, so maybe Ienzo feels a weird sense of gratitude? That's my best guess, anyway. I definitely think that Ienzo won't turn completely to the dark, if he does at all. The fleeting snippet in the BH6 trailer where he's reunited with Ansem the Wise indicated that Ienzo has some strong feelings there, but we don't know if they're good or bad. I suspect AtW is forgiving him for banishing him to the RoD.

Probably, I hope we get more substance from the other apprentices and from Ansem the Wise himself.

I'm also hoping Ienzo stays on the good side. As much as Xehanort supposedly wanting a newer, better organization, he seems to want most of the same people back, maybe three or four different ones. Like Demyx really? Really? And you can't possibly tell me all those people are bad/evil people cause honestly in past games at least some of them seemed like they could be decent people, they just work for the organization cause they are incomplete and that's the only option they have.

I hope there is a good reason for why Demyx is a seeker. I love Demyx, I think he's a very entertaining character. But as a villain? He barely qualified as one in KHII. Of all the Organization members, he stuck out as a oddball. I'm telling you guys, with the likes of Marluxia, Larxene, and Demyx it's like old man Xehanort wants his plan to fail XD

I swear, each day waiting seems eternal. I respect people wishing no spoilers because they want to experience themselves, but I'm so tired of the wait, I wish there would be an option where I could read spoilers.