Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KHWaterBlock

Sony Store Ginza exhibits Kingdom Hearts themed Walkman

Today marks another day down on Kingdom Hearts III's countdown! Each day until January 25, director Tetsuya Nomura is making an announcement. Today, he reminded fans that the Walkman they announced earlier this month is now being exhibited at the Sony Store Ginza. He reminded everyone that it's designed after Kingdom Hearts III and both Face my Fears and Chikai are pre-installed on the device. You can video the tweet and video from Nomura below.

We have also provided Goldpanner's translation!

View full article

1 hour ago, Novayon said:

I don't know what that music was but I find the lack of 'he's a pirate' disturbing.

Also does anyone still use walkmans?

Japan. Hence why it's only being sold there

They also still like the PSVita

7 hours ago, Novayon said:

I don't know what that music was but I find the lack of 'he's a pirate' disturbing.

Also does anyone still use walkmans?

FYI Walkman is like Sony's iPod, it's a brand name. So the Walkman they're referring to is basically a modernized portable (digital) audio player. One of the major selling points is its capability to play Hi-Res audio as well. I had to look this up too cuz I was thinking the old school ones playing CDs lol. I didn't know they actually have many models and are still coming out with new ones - they're just not as well known outside of Japan I guess. https://www.sony.jp/walkman/?s_pid=jp_top_PRODUCTS_WALKMAN

That post / photo is also a bit misleading, I believe the left side with the rectangle shape is the back lid of the Walkman. The right side with the two circles is the design patterns on the headphones. So they're selling a KHIII-themed Walkman device and a KHIII-themed pair of headphones, which imo look awesome.

-------

I like that theyre subliminally previewing tracks from the soundtrack this way lol. Would love to hear more tracks / news of the soundtrack ?

Edited by blue490246

Thanks for sharing this with us, KHWaterBlock!

And so, the countdown continues! While I love the theme being used for The Caribbean here, I'm hoping that this is just the field theme for it and not the battle theme, because I want to hear an updated version of He's A Pirate for the world!

Also, I'm surprised Walkman is still a thing!

Edited by The Transcendent Key