Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

Kingdom Hearts III theories that turned out to be true

Hey, everyone! So while I was playing Kingdom Hearts III I was thrilled to discover that a couple of the theories I'd had actually turned out to be true! This got me wondering: how many other people here actually had their theories come true in Kingdom Hearts III? 

Also, I would like to gently remind everyone to please use spoiler boxes here as KH13's spoiler policy is still in effect. Thanks!

Spoiler

So I had a theory that Demyx was not actually going to be evil throughout the entire game (or maybe not at all), and this actually turned out to be true. When I saw the small snippet of the scene where he shows up in the lab with a figure wrapped in cloth during the BH6 trailer, I theorized that he was helping out Ienzo. The only part of my theory that turned out not to be true was that I figured the person he had with him was Ansem the Wise.  I thought he'd gone into the Dark World to get him and bring him back to Ienzo. So I was wrong about that.

I also theorized that the epilogue and/or secret ending would have to do with the Foretellers/Luxu/Master of Masters, after Nomura said that the epilogue and secret ending were the biggest spoilers of the game. Although this was a pretty common theory in the KH community, so I'm not as proud of this one.

What about you guys? Did you have any theories that actually turned out to be true in KHIII?

A couple

Spoiler

I theorised Vexen and Demyx to be betrayers, and also I believed the Guardian was Terra.

Also, I didn't expect anyone to die but that isn't really a theory, lol.

3 minutes ago, Novayon said:

A couple

Hide contents

I theorised Vexen and Demyx to be betrayers, and also I believed the Guardian was Terra.

Also, I didn't expect anyone to die but that isn't really a theory, lol.

Spoiler

I didn't expect anyone to die either. That was quite a shock. But at the same time I liked that they were willing to cross that line.

The reveal of Terra as the Guardian was excellent! I will never view the final boss in KH1 the fame way again. Heck, I will never view any of the scenes of ASOD with the guardian in the entire series the same way again.

I always figured Xigbar would turn out to be more than what we thought (either MoM or Luxu)

And that someone would betray the organization. (though I never suspected who)

6 minutes ago, Xanjoh said:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

I always figured Xigbar would turn out to be more than what we thought (either MoM or Luxu)

And that someone would betray the organization. (though I never suspected who)

Spoiler

Same here. I found the final mix games really put an emphasis on how there was something more to Xigbar that we weren't seeing. I'm looking forward to seeing what Xigbar/Luxu has planned. 

I wasn't positive that someone would betray the organization, but I certainly hoped that they would. I really hoped it would be Demyx back when I wasn't sure if he was even in the organization or not. I also hoped for Saix to defect. I was so tired of hating him. 

7 minutes ago, Mkucherina said:
  Hide contents

I called that the fortellors were going to show up at the end. I thought we'd get the deets on what's in the box but that didn't happen :(

Spoiler

Pretty sure that gosh darn box is going to be the series' biggest tease yet. WHAT IS INSIDE?????

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:
  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Pretty sure that stupid box is going to be the series' biggest tease yet.

Spoiler

For some reason I keep gravitating to thinking that the master's heart is in that box. 

Spoiler

Lots of people already mentioned this, but the Xigbar twist was something I was almost certain would happen, although I was leaning more towards him being MoM.

Also this was more like a crack theory of mine, and far from what happened in the game, but I thought Sora might die. Which kinda happened, but then again not really.

Spoiler

Yeah, I thought that the guardian was Terra, and I was pretty sure Braig/Xigbar was connected to the past in some way. Personally I thought he was going to end up being Ephemera so that was a cool surprise to see him in the epilogue.

Spoiler

I had a feeling with Luxord and Demyx being brought back that there was more to them than simply random Nobodies, and that they would be tied to the story of KHUx since they were the only two that we knew next to nothing about but they were brought back. I'm glad that it mentioned them having ties to the "Keyblade History" as that's really as close to Ux as can be without more history being detailed. I am disappointed that we weren't give MORE information though :(

To be honest I was expecting Aqua to lead Sora and co through Castle Oblivion to find Ven.  That didn’t end up happencing, but I did know that Aqua would be saved first.  I also kinda knew that she didn’t willingly turn to darkness.

Edited by VisitJoan

1º) I expeculated that Replicas would have a key role in the story, mainly for Xehanort to complete his 13th Darknesses. I mean, why to waste effort taking some other's body, when you can get one without a conscience to compete for control?   

2º) I also suspected the Replicas would be then used by the good guys to rescue some of their friends: Roxas, Namine and Xion.   

3º) With the high advances in graphics on the game, I suspected they would focus mainly in using Disney Worlds from CGI movies: Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Tangled, Frozen, Big Hero 6... etc. Also, quite ironic these were some of the most used franchises in Disney Infinity.   

4º) The final battle had to be Sora vs Master Xehanort, but that was something EVERYONE would have guessed. However, I suspected that after his defeat, Sora would have the chance to use the X-Blade himself.   

5º) It was obvious that the Foretellers, Luxu and the Master of Masters would become a future problem for Sora. (I mean, their names are based on the 7 Deadly Sins; impossible to have it clearer, don't you think?).

Edited by Ursalink