Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xXMikey1stXx

Should Kingdom hearts 4 and beyond should go for a fan service model?

Looking at kingdom hearts 3 criticism, final fantasy characters not included, and much more. If run by a fan service model, every fan will get what they want. Especially with fans that have better story elements than nomura. I know fanservice are notorious in games, but for Kingdom Hearts it could work into their favor. They got by story to the fans, ask what they want, fix the pacing, and what they want added. Heck even drive form would be back if ran by a fan service. All i'm saying kingdom hearts would benefit if run by the fans, especially since company forums exist. The positives are too great than the negatives. Plus the added bonus of no criticism because of fan majority if it does happen. :D a fan service model is what the next saga needs. Please tell me your thoughts, and should kingdom hearts 4 and beyond be leaf by the fans, and not by nomura or square enix. Thanks for reading.

P.S.: I  am willing to defend this discussion.

The fan service doesn't really work, as the people above me have already pointed out. Whatever Nomura does, people are going to say the same things again, that there weren't enough things about this and/or that. It happened with the seventh season of Game of Thrones, and it'd happen to KH4. I think Nomura should focus on what he wants for the franchise, while also, maybe, taking a small number of fan-suggestions into account. But I'd be fine with whatever he does, as long as Kairi becomes useful in AT LEAST one game.

19 minutes ago, Deathscythe said:

i don't think that's a good idea. Part of the charm of the kh series (for me at least) is Nomura's weirdo stuff. Letting fans run the series would lead to no one really being surprised or intrigued anymore because we'd know where everything is going. I think it would make everyone happy, but only on a very surface level, y'know?

Lol, I also enjoy Nomura's weirdo stuff. It's not perfect but I love KH's convoluted lore and characters. I expect the next saga to continue to be utter madness. I'm waiting for a green haired Kairi and red haired Sora to pop up in KH4.

I definitely think it's good to listen to fan feedback for areas of improvement, however I'm with the majority here in that I don't think they should do fan service just for the sake of making everyone happy. You can't please everybody and people are always going to find something to complain about anyways. Ideally they should do what's best for the games and story as a whole, not just every little thing that fans call for because sometimes, fan ideas aren't always necessarily what's best for the games. 

no its bound to back fire greatly, kingdom hearts is normua's story to tell so we should let him tell it

1 hour ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Lol, I also enjoy Nomura's weirdo stuff. It's not perfect but I love KH's convoluted lore and characters. I expect the next saga to continue to be utter madness. I'm waiting for a green haired Kairi and red haired Sora to pop up in KH4.

utter madness for the win

On 3/23/2019 at 2:44 PM, SweetYetSalty said:

There's a saying I always keep in mind for things like this. Don't let the inmates run the asylum. It's impossible to please everyone, and selecting a few fan things while ignoring others will just cause more of the same thing to happen. I for example have my issues with KH3 but the lack of FF characters was not one of them.

^This. If I've learned anything from being a fan of stuff it's that there is no possible way to satisfy all the fans. Every single person has a slightly different idea of what they want, which means that there will always be disappointment in the fanbase. 

Take, for example, the idea of Star Wars in Disney. Lots of people are desperate to see Star Wars make an appearance. I am not one of those people. Quite the opposite, in fact. Star Wars is not a Disney original series. Disney acquired it when it bought Lucasfilm. I would much prefer that Disney stick to including just its own stuff in the Kingdom Hearts series. I was also fine without Pixar properties, but Disney and Pixar were partners before the latter was purchased by the former, so I wasn't upset when they announced the Toy Story and Monstropolis worlds for KHIII. And I know I'm not alone on this.

Also, in terms of the whole Final Fantasy characters thing, I think a fan service model would be a recipe for disaster. Why? Because all the fans want different FF characters. Some want more Cloud and Sephiroth, others want characters from XII, and others want characters from the earlier games. Etcetera, etcetera. I for one would love it if I never had to see Cloud and Sephiroth in this series again. Why not include Terra and Kefka? Or Zidane and Kuja? I don't want to go into a rant here so I'll leave it at that. The point is, there is literally no way to satisfy everyone. 

Honestly, I think Nomura is doing great with his own thing. There's nothing in the Kingdom Hearts series that has brutally disappointed me yet. There have been disappointments but they've been mostly nitpicks. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to these things; as long as the story doesn't get too stupid (by my standards anyway, I know some people think the story has been stupid for a while) I'll stick with the series. With Nomura staying at the helm and doing his own thing.

Basically all of the above. My idea for a perfect KH game would be totally different from the next person. But they should listen to criticisms, especally if it's a popular opinion. I'm not against that.

I would be a little curious if someone took over as director from Nomura for a game, just to see how it would go, but that's a little different.

Ehhhhh. I can see good and bad things from this. Mostly bad. There's an old saying. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So far, the current model SE is using for the KH franchise is working pretty darn well. HOWEVER. I do feel that SE could listen to their fans better and allow more fan opinions and even fan help directly when figuring out certain aspects of the series. 

On April 6, 2019 at 12:56 AM, Alicia Maddox said:

Ehhhhh. I can see good and bad things from this. Mostly bad. There's an old saying. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So far, the current model SE is using for the KH franchise is working pretty darn well. HOWEVER. I do feel that SE could listen to their fans better and allow more fan opinions and even fan help directly when figuring out certain aspects of the series. 

Yep, SE could definitely benefit from listening to some more feedback, ya know?