Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

art and the written word

communication

communication

communication

diagrams

the sharing of ideas

yes, art can be used to accurately portray the things we see in life.  It can be used as a study of the life around us.

art, science, all of it can go hand in hand.  theres a reason our brains developed the way they have for an appreciation of creativity.

fine arts impact society in a way that concrete things cant

fine arts encourage self expression and individualism and seperates the usa from china and india and russia and france and etc

and its a great way to give a message to a broad audiencd

look at zine magazines

media and art and writing was a great part of the riot grrrl movement

art and writing were used as a political tool and still is

it records history, tells a persons story or someones dreams

as well freedom of expression is important for many and treating fine arts like it has no productive place in society is kind of shitty, im not gonna lie because youre essentially telling a large amout of the population that their interests arent important and believe me theyve heard it enough already

Dunno if this is unpopular but I think society will and can never be changed no matter how hard you bitch about it. I think we have enough and more talk going on about it here but just saying, people dont change easily. But more over, in a few countries nothing that bad happens, you know, only much worse. This world is evil.

Taylor Swift is a really horrible person. She should be ashamed about she constantly slut shames and I hate how she sends the message to girls that you need a boyfriend to be happy and basically says, "by the way, lol, if your crush likes another girl, it's totally okay to treat her like a whore."

Taylor Swift is a really horrible person. She should be ashamed about she constantly slut shames and I hate how she sends the message to girls that you need a boyfriend to be happy and basically says, "by the way, lol, if your crush likes another girl, it's totally okay to treat her like a whore."

Speaking of Taylor Swift, I think she is severely overrated and overexposed. It must be embarrassing and awkward for country music that she is stealing all their awards. 

Edited by aaronarrgh

Speaking of Taylor Swift, I think she is severely overrated and overexposed. It must be embarrassing and awkward for country music that she is stealing all their awards. 

I agree with both of you guys honestly, But her music has meaning I like her music :3

I love the disney, but I really really hate the disney channel shows. I watch every show, but I think the cartoons is better than every live charachter shows. The South Park is awesome, and every episode is awesome. I want see in the show the KH, but not in a parody, just a advertisement.

I love the disney, but I really really hate the disney channel shows. I watch every show, but I think the cartoons is better than every live charachter shows. The South Park is awesome, and every episode is awesome. I want see in the show the KH, but not in a parody, just a advertisement.

Wanna be my bestfriend?

If we're on the subject of Disney, I'm gonna admit that I never got into Disney as a whole.  Yeah, I like some of their movies, Lion King being my favorite from the bunch, but in general it wasn't really my thing.  I only enjoyed a handful of their animated movies, as well as a few of their live action films (at the top of my head, Homeward Bound is one I enjoyed greatly), and I never got into the classic shorts with Mickey and the like.  I only got an appreciation for Mickey and co., and films like Aladdin and Peter Pan, after playing Kingdom Hearts, and even then, it's only an appreciation and not a legitimate enjoyment.  Their KH incarnations are the only incarnations of them that I actually like.  Sorry, hardcore Disney fans. ;_;

(Disclaimer: this post isn't about the topic of the poll, don't start an argument over that) The MSN polls are rigged. I know, I know, everyone thinks polls are rigged, but usually it's at least hidden. I was doing my homework when my brother ran over to show me some poll he'd voted on. BEFORE you took the poll, it said that 6 in 10 Americans who voted on the poll believed that illegal immigrants should become citizens. AFTER you took the poll and it showed you the percentages of how many people voted for what, only 19% said they wanted illegal immigrants to become citizens. That means that 81% don't. So how is that 19% suddenly 6 out of 10, when it said all of the results were based on the same poll? So what they advertised was clearly VERY different from what people actually voted. They could have at least done a better job of covering it up. (or, crazy thought, not lie on the poll to begin with.) 

I agree with both of you guys honestly, But her music has meaning I like her music :3

Not trying to disrespect your taste in music, it's totally okay to like the music but what mostly Taylor Swift does with her songs (besides singing of love) is promote girl hate so I fail to see exactly how her songs have any meaning.

Edited by TheApprenticeofKingMickey

Not trying to disrespect your taste in music, it's totally okay to like the music but what mostly Taylor Swift does with her songs (besides singing of love) is promote girl hate so I fail to see exactly how her songs have any meaning.

I understand ;3Hmm lets see, Well I'm guessing this is probably unpopular, at least around here where I live It is. Wolves are like the coolest animal ever, I mean I love all animals really but Wolves are so amazing <333 I honestly don't think I know anyone who likes wolves as much as I do or would even call them the awesomest/coolest/best animal ever x3

Posted Image

I don't know whether this is popular or unpopular..... but it's pretty legit.

On the topic of Taylor Swift, she does what a lot of artists do - make music from failed relationships, heartbreak and hurt..... just in and annoying poppy way lately..... curse you Radio 1 and Heart for not having ANY OTHER TRACKS TO PLAY BUT.... never ever ever....(damnit) THAT TRACK!

Posted Image

I don't know whether this is popular or unpopular..... but it's pretty legit.

On the topic of Taylor Swift, she does what a lot of artists do - make music from failed relationships, heartbreak and hurt..... just in and annoying poppy way lately..... curse you Radio 1 and Heart for not having ANY OTHER TRACKS TO PLAY BUT.... never ever ever....(damnit) THAT TRACK!

they are never ever ever gonna be done with that song 

I believe that anyone who thinks that all ethnicities should be wiped out of the U.S and believe that they are the superior race should seriously go fuck themselves with a jackhammer. Seriously you make a mockery of Americans and made those who fought in World war 2, sacrifices in vain.

(Yes I'm talking about the Neo Nazi and kkk )

Edited by K3YBL4D3 KHIGHT

**Don't mind me, just another Christian post**

I'm starting to get REALLY annoyed about people who take the Bible at face value and claim that it has a ton of inconsistencies and contradictions. Like, I don't have any problem with people who don't think the bible is true- that's fine, believe what you want. But I'm sick of the people who take verses completely out of context and then act all condescending toward Christians with the mindset of "Hurr, I debunked your bible! what are you gonna do about it?" Or even more so, it annoys me when people take verses out of context and make the claim that the bible is evil, and that it supposedly promotes things like murder, misogyny, etc. Do your research before you make these claims, and you'll find that it doesn't promote any of that. 

**End Christian post/rant*

Even though I'm more conservative, I kinda agreed with some part of Obama's plan on gun control. I particularly liked his plan to strengthen the police force, if I remember right. But I still don't understand why people think that banning certain guns is gonna stop criminals from getting their hands on them. After all, since when do criminals care about the law?