Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Snow

Which should I get? Re:coded or 358/2 Days

I'm going on a trip at the end of the month to Arizona/California, and I want to get one of these games for my DSi so I've got something to do for the majority of the time. So which one is better? I want one that's longer to complete since I'll be sitting in the car for about 48 hours. 

No, don't even consider Re:Coded. Its stupid, and adds very little plot to the series. At least Days adds key points to the story like Xion ... Definitely Days if you want my opinion!

Edited by Master Juan

No, don't even consider Re:Coded. Its stupid, and adds very little plot to the series. At least Days adds key points to the story like Xion and Riku unleashing Ansem... Definitely Days if you want my opinion!

I have a feeling you just spoiled 358/2 days for me :/

If you're looking for longer than Days. Despite the over all feelings towards Re:Coded I prefer it over Days, it's not even so much "bad" as it is simple and short.

I have a feeling you just spoiled 358/2 days for me :/

Why, the Riku thing? That's been known since KH2, lol.

Days is definitely the longer game. I also enjoyed the story far more. However, Re:coded does have the world specific gimmicks that change up the game play, so it might hold your attention better if its the only game you'll be playing*.

Not to say that Days won't hold your attention, especially if you get invested in the story.

Days just Days.

Re:coded is horrible, unless you are majorly into gameplay.

Days is just better in plot wise (since Re:Coded barely has a plot, and if it does its sucky) and its gameplay is okay.

Days is much longer, especially with its annoying bosses. 

Edited by Shana09

It depends on what you're looking for as far as gameplay goes.  If you complete all that's available in Re:coded it can last you a good while, otherwise I'd say you're looking at a 15-25 hour game.  Personally I preferred Re:coded just because the gameplay was better, mainly because there's a wide variety of options available (the command deck is similar to Birth by Sleep, along with the worlds being larger and having more to do in them.

In the long run, 358/2 Days is probably longer, but I'm not sure it's worth it.  Your home base is one single room where missions are assigned to you, so basically all you're doing is going on various missions.  Which, trust me, gets dull VERY quickly.

I think both are pretty comparable in length (Days might be slightly longer, but again, if you complete Re:coded to the max it can equal out), so it depends whether story (Days) or gameplay (Re:coded) is more important to you.

I was prepared to come on here guns a' blazin' to defend Days, but guess I didn't need too. Definitely get Days. Re:coded was the one KH game I traded in. I do regret it now (but only a tiny bit), but it's just really......unnecessary. 

Edited by protoave14

Lol I have 100 hours+ of gameplay on Re:Coded even though thats the only game I haven't beaten multiple times. Okay but contrary to the hours put into that game, I say go for Days, it has the better story imo, and it really is the longer game  lol...missions might get a bit repetitive, but system sectors in Re:Coded were repetitive as hell to me too.

The gameplay and graphics of Re:Coded may be better but again Days takes the cake when it comes to story, while Re:Coded was just a watered down rehash of KH1 with a bit of stuff happening at Castle Oblivion in the end. So yeaa I say go for 358/2Days :P

If you want something to play to pass the time, get Re:coded.

If you want something that adds to the story and lets you SOMEWHAT play as multiple characters or Org. XIII then go for Days.

Hom much money do u have?Recoded cost 20 n 358/2 days around up to like 30 dollars I think.Though I go with days it's a terrific game! made me cry

358/2 Days is better. It has that additional gameplay form, Mission Mode, and it's really cool. The story mode itself is great, the missions, everything. This and Re:Coded are the only KH games I've played, and I certainly recommend you Days over the other.