Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
P50L

Scientists on the brink for an HIV cure

I dunno, the HIV is notorious for lightning fast mutations to combat many attempts of getting rid of it. I'll hold my breath and cross my fingers hoping that this could be the answer to the 'incurable' virus.And who knows, with this, viral infections might not be so serious any longer.

That would be the best thing ever :D

No, no it wouldn't. ;~;

Anyways, hearing that is the best thing ever, since, in turn, AIDS would also be exterminated, seeing how it is the next step up from HIV. Which is good news in itself.

I'm immature and have no grasp of reality. 

Fixed. 

And no, a zombie apocalypse would suck. Basically, imagine living in medieval Europe during the Bubonic Plague, only now the people with the plague are trying to kill you. 

Seriously though. This is a major breakthrough hat could save thousands of lives and solve one of the worlds growing problems. Save comments like that for random. 

Well this is great!!!

Too bad this might encourage more people to have intercourse with complete strangers just for how they look, and have a higher chance of getting HIV and AIDS. But, for the most part, this is great!

Well this is great!!!

Too bad this might encourage more people to have intercourse with complete strangers just for how they look, and have a higher chance of getting HIV and AIDS. But, for the most part, this is great!

Why would this encourage that ? Besides, HIV is far from the only STD you can get and none of them are fun .Not to mention unplanned pregnancies . There are plenty of great reasons to always protect yourself - it's called responsible, safe, sex.

Well this is great!!!

Are you kidding me?

Well this is great!!!

wha

why the firetruck would you care about someones sex life anyway

Are you kidding me?

Yes. I am.

wha

why the firetruck would you care about someones sex life anyway

Why DO YOU CARE ABOUT MY COMMENT. I WAS BEING DUMB WHEN I WROTE THAT, SORRY.

Why would this encourage that ? Besides, HIV is far from the only STD you can get and none of them are fun .Not to mention unplanned pregnancies . There are plenty of great reasons to always protect yourself - it's called responsible, safe, sex.

Well, some careless people could be like "Oh hell, ill just have sex with (He or Her) anyway, just because she looks amazing, even though i don't know if she's a slut or something. I'll just get the cure for HIV if i get later."

But yeah, IDK why i said that, i doubt people would do that for real unless they're drunk or something. This wont encourage that at all.

This is honestly great news, but lets hope we get something to combat the mutations.

Dude I hope every day that North Korea starts a war, do you really think I care?

Btw you make no sense seeing as the first person I would ditch is my mother ( she would slow me down).

As much as I am interested in such wars, apocalypse and natural disasters, I wont say I seriously wish upon them because of my interest.

A zombie apocalypse isn't fun, you are not a living zeus, you have the same chance of being infected as the other person. 

Also if North Korea starts the war then they will be obliterated. Not sure what fun you'll get...

I dunno, the HIV is notorious for lightning fast mutations to combat many attempts of getting rid of it. I'll hold my breath and cross my fingers hoping that this could be the answer to the 'incurable' virus.And who knows, with this, viral infections might not be so serious any longer.

Basically what happened when they said AZT was the cure. HIV is not only prone too fast mutations, it does this b/c there are different strands of HIV in a single person. If someone is given a drug, such as AZT, some of the HIV will die but there are still HIV that might be resistant to AZT. Which is what happened. Thanks to people going through mutli-drug therapy, it has kept some people with HIV from becoming aids. Is there anymore detail about this research? I would love to read more about it and see what the specs are. It seems like they are using gene therapy, which is promising. It would be awesome this does actually work :)

Edited by Spiney