Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Why do you guys hate Square Enix's decisions so much?

Releasing FINAL FANTASY I-VI on iOS & Android has been a fantastic move. iOS & Android are fantastic, cheap, advanced, popular and long lasting platforms. And if smartphone gaming isn't for you, the NES, SNES, PSOne, DS and PSP versions are all still available in some format.

Even if you don't like MMORPGS, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is one of the best MMORPGS of all time and I believe will become the greatest of all time in a couple years time. Square Enix have pulled a great feat with A Realm Reborn after the original version in 2010 was a massive failure.

LIGHTNING RETURNS is needed to give the XIII story a proper ending, XIII-2's ending was a cliffhanger. If you don't like the XIII trilogy just ignore it there's still plenty of other great FINAL FANTASY games coming out every year on various platforms.

If you get sick of ports/remakes/remasters just remember there's still new FINAL FANTASY games being released each year on various platforms. And also remember there's plenty of other people who want to experience these great titles for the first time or to revisit it in a higher resolution and/or in better graphics. Oh and Square Enix are in desperate need of more money.

I never said I hated their decisions, I just want them to stop production of everything else except for kh3

Well that's just selfish. And hate to break it you but FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XV are more important to Square Enix.

Well,it's the same reason I hate Capcom's decisions

1neglecting various franchises like Chrono,Star Ocean and the Mana series

2focusing too much on the Mobile market(I don't mean just ports,I mean shit like FF All the Bravest and other shitty iOS games)

3being too secretive and dishonest to their fanbase

4an unmanaged development cycle that makes them take FOREVER to make one game.....we've been waiting for FFXVVersus XIII for EIGHT YEARS!!

5making sequels that literally no one asked for

6Teasing people with tech demos that mean absolutely nothing(the FFVII  PS3 Tech demo)

Edited by Metal Snake

2focusing too much on the Mobile market(I don't mean just ports,I mean shit like FF All the Bravest and other shitty iOS games)

4an unmanaged development cycle that makes them take FOREVER to make one game.....we've been waiting for FFXVVersus XIII for EIGHT YEARS!!

6Teasing people with tech demos that mean absolutely nothing(the FFVII  PS3 Tech demo)

What's wrong with focusing on your best franchise?

iOS & Android are fantastic platforms, if you can't see that I feel sorry for you. 

We would have had Versus XIII by now but they decided to make it for next gen consoles.

Like what sequels?

We'll get a VII remake eventually.

Except for the 1st one that I don't really mind,those are the exactly why I have a problem with Square Enix right now,especially because of no. 5

Except for the 1st one that I don't really mind,those are the exactly why I have a problem with Square Enix right now,especially because of no. 5

You and I might not mind,but there are some people who love those franchises,and instead of reviving those,Square went to Eidos's franchises instead

You and I might not mind,but there are some people who love those franchises,and instead of reviving those,Square went to Eidos's franchises instead

There's definitly a lot of people who'd like to see a new chrono game

Well when they say there going to do something they better do it, like look at Final Fantasy 15 they said they where going to give us new information but they went back to there old ways of keeping everything a secret. That makes me mad!

What's wrong with focusing on your best franchise?

iOS & Android are fantastic platforms, if you can't see that I feel sorry for you. 

We would have had Versus XIII by now but they decided to make it for next gen consoles.

Like what sequels?

We'll get a VII remake eventually.

They are not focusing on it, they are milking it, in the same fashion or even worse on how Nintendo milks Mario and Zelda, and how Activision has been milking CoD year after year. Tell me was the last time you heard of a game from Square's original IP's that isn't Final Fantasy, Kindgom Hearts or Dragon Quest. Final Fantasy is sadly the most milked of the 3, but sadly, Kingdom Hearts is going down the same road with its yearly releases, thankfully Nomura knows what a good game is. 

They could be good mediums, since they are not real gaming platforms, but it isn't the right target audience, the majority of the people who buy apps, or play games on their phones, either get Minecraft, Angry Birds or short almost nonsentical games(kids), music applications and some photo stuff, maybe include some photo stuff their, or Angry Birds(Teens), whatever is trending on with their Facebook Friends(Adults), no one goes for games like that on their phones, unless they are fans of the series, and don't have enough money to get a handheld videogaming console. The games would do way better on handheld consoles, like the 3DS, which actually have a fanbase that would be more interested on them and would even buy a console for it, but Square Enix doesn't see that, and is just on the same boat which Atari and THQ before them.

Which was quite a bad move delaying for that, they could had just release it for PS3, and do a sequel for PS4. People have been waiting almost a decade for its release, a majority of them probably don't care about it anymore, after seeing the quality recent Final Fantasy games have been having.

Even though I like them, nobody asked for FFX-2, the original story ended quite nicely, FFXIII-2, nobody asked for it and there wasn't even a reason to make one, and surely more to come that will mess up even more the original story, like what it seems that FFX-3 will be if Toriyama is actually allowed to go on with it.