Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Text 1st KH13 Talent Contest - Today's Category - Writing

Here's mine! This is just the story on its own. The topic (http://kh13.com/forum/topic/68765-3582-days-remember-talent-contest-entry/) has music along with it, so if you'd like some musical depth, try that out.

Here is my contest entry for the Writing Talent Contest. I feel like its a little short..and may have a sudden end...but I hope everyone at least will enjoy it. It has music (In spoilers) so I recommend listening to the tracks for a few moments to get a feel for the scene.

Spoiler

Three figures sat upon a clock tower. All three of them sitting down on a perch that hung over the front side; lettingthe three get a grand view at the town below. The sun was setting, and its beautiful red-yellow rays danced over themountains in the distance. One of the figures -a tall, lanky red-head- smiled, holding up a moistened stick."Bet you two don't know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors,red is the one that travels the farthest." The red-head said, a smirk displayed proudly on his face, his emerald-greeneyes glinting from the sun's light."We didn't ask, Axel. Besides, you've told us already." One of the other two said; a younger, black-haired female."Know-it-all." The third said, a blonde boy who couldn't help but smile."That's me." Axel smiled, grinning as he stuck the Popsicle stick back in his mouth."How have you eaten that so quickly?" The blonde one asked, looking down at his only half-eaten ice cream bar. The bluishflavored ice was starting to melt; dripping down from the stick. He blinked, letting the drips pool into one of hishands. The boy didn't know why, but he zoned out and just watched the melted ice cream settle into his palm."Roxas, you're going to stain your gloves by doing that. Hurry up and finish the bar." The girl said, shaking her headas she bit into the bar. She froze, squeezing her eyes shut suddenly."Heh, brain freeze?" Axel asked, looking at the girl, "That's why you don't eat the bars so quickly, Xion.""Then how did you eat yours so quickly? You didn't get a brain freeze at all!" Roxas exclaimed, looking at Axel. Hesqueezed his free hand into a fist, forgetting about the melted ice cream that he had been holding."It's because his brain is full of hot air." Xion said, turning away to stare at the setting sun, not bothering to evenglance in Axel's direction."Well, she's partially right." Axel replied, "Probably my fiery personality, y'know. Just makes the ice melt so quicklythat it can't freeze me.""Uh-huh." Roxas replied, sitting back down. He sighed, licking off the final bit of his ice cream. He glanced at thestick, a little saddened that the <i>Winner</i> stamp was not on there."You guys have been with the Organization for awhile.." Axel suddenly said, "How long has it been now?""That was random.." Xion murmured, then glanced at Axel, "I...uh, I think it's been...erh...Roxas, do you know?""It's been three-hundred and fifty-one days since I first joined." Roxas said, turning to Xion, "And you came in a week afterI did, I think. So for you it's been three-hundred and forty-five days.""Forty-six, Roxas. Check your math." Axel said, correcting him."Can't believe it's been that long.." Xion said, "Three-hundred days since we both joined. How can it have been that long?Even then...we've done so much..."  Roxas nodded, "Yeah. We have. Three-hundred or so days of non-stop back-breaking work that Saix and Xemnas have thrownon us."  Axel chuckled, taking the Popsicle stick out again, "Startin' to sound a bit like me, Roxxy.""Don't call me Roxxy." Roxas grumbled, staring at his stick again. Axel laughed, patting Roxas on the back.  Xion suddenly turned and smiled, "Remember when we first met, Roxas?"  Roxas blinked, looking at her with his usual blank, clueless look. Xion rolled her eyes, growling, "I was justthinking. About how long it's been. And then I remembered how long ago it was since we first met...""You two were so quiet at first. Even more so than Zexion...and <i>that's</i> an accomplishment. Like zombies, you twowere. Actually kinda annoyed me. I'd say 'Hey, let's go get ice cream!' and you both would blankly stare at me like Iwas some sorta weirdo." Axel exclaimed, completely cutting Xion off."Hey, you cut me off! I was gonna say something really important and emotional, and you just cut me right off!" Xionexclaimed, glaring daggers at Axel."What's it to yah? I was rememberin' too." Axel shrugged, smirking."You meanie!" Xion whined, "My stuff was more important! Yours was just talking about us being weird!”  Axel shook his head, laying back as he stared off into the sky, "Continue what you were saying, Xion."  Xion sighed, "It's been...what? At least three-hundred and fifty days since we first met.." Xion mumbled, looking atRoxas, who, as usual, who completely zoned out."Yeah." Roxas replied, "Remember when we fought that big Heartless? The..uh...Darkside or whatever?""I do." Xion said, smiling a little, "Kinda like it was yesterday."~<i>Day 25</i>~ 

Spoiler

"Your mission today is of critical importance." Saix said, glancing once at Roxas who had only just stepped into theOrganization's casual meeting room: The Grey Area, "A Darkside has surfaced in Twilight Town. You are to be teamed withNo. XIV, Xion, and are tasked to eliminate it at once.""Dark...side..?" Roxas said, putting effort into saying each syllable."Yes. Darkside. Can your mind fully comprehend a complex word such as that? It is a large Shadow Heartless. EssentiallyKing of the Shadows, it can spawn the dark ants from its own body...among other abilities. Due to its immense strengthand your sad lack of it, you will be tasked with Xion. Are you ready to embark?"  Roxas glanced at Xion, who stood over in a corner of the Grey Area, all by herself. Her hood was up (as usual) and shestood with the unnerving presence."I guess." Roxas said, shrugging once as his blue eyes returned to look at Saix. The blue-haired Nobody sighed andcrossed his arms. With a wiggle of his fingers, a Corridor swirled into existence."Go, then. Do not return until your mission is complete."~ 

Spoiler

"Roxas." Xion said the moment the two stepped out of the Corridor, having only appeared in Twilight Town for meremoments. Roxas blinked, turning around to stare at her. As he did, Xion slowly pulled off her hood for the first time.  Underneath was the cute, round yet soft face of a young girl. Short, black hair and striking blue eyes; the same as Roxas',"Good luck today." She said, smiling."Enh...th-thanks.." Roxas stammered, surprised that not only did she speak, but Xion was actually rather cute, "You too,Xion." He added, smiling himself. He turned around, gazing at the side street they were standing in. He began to slowlywalk along the street, his boots making no sound against the cobblestone ground. It was always so serene in this town--the ever-standing Twilight, the warm setting sun, and just the whole look of the town made it feel so quaint andwelcoming. A perfect place for day off.  Roxas as brought back into reality when he suddenly bumped into a wall. Xion put a hand to her mouth, trying not togiggle."Oh..um.." Roxas stammered, realizing he had zoned out, "Sorry.""Who are you saying sorry to? There's no one but me, and I thought it looked kinda funny." Xion said, tilting her headand looking at Roxas with the most innocent of smiles."Nothing. Let's keep going." Roxas murmured, turning to his left and heading under an archway. As he started walking, heturned to see Xion had completely stopped: staring at a large garage with a brightly-lit number three."What's this for?" She asked, glancing at Roxas."I dunno. Vexen once said there's a tram that runs through here. Maybe there garage is for that?" Roxas asked, notreally knowing himself."Maybe." Xion replied, immediately turning and walking past Roxas. He sighed, heading after her and walking into alarger alleyway; the Station Heights. Roxas held out his arm, stopping Xion from walking further."Hold up." He said, glancing around. A dark and heavy presence had settled over the air. The hairs on the back or Roxas'neck had stood up straight, frightened almost by the unseen force."What is it?" Xion asked, seemingly oblivious to the presence."Heartless." Roxas said, his face turning dark as several dark swirls formed. Out of those swirls did many odd, cloudshaped monsters with yellow beady eyes and monstrous mouths appear, along with small, blue monsters with inflated bombshaped heads and tiny bodies. 

Spoiler

Xion growled, snapping her fingers. Fire appeared, blowing three of the clouds into bits. Roxas breathed in, holdingout his arm and letting his signature weapon -the Kingdom Key- appear in his palm. He ran forward, slicing several of thebomb-monsters into pieces. As they fought, yet more and more of the Heartless appeared."There's too many!" Xion exclaimed, switching from fire to lightning attacks."Don't you have a weapon?!" Roxas yelled, glancing once at her. All of the Org. members had some weapon; like Axel'schakrams, or Demyx's sitar. How could this girl not have one? Xion though, seemed to ignore the question and ran up theincline of the street, heading towards the large clock tower that dominated the town."Hey!" Roxas yelled, "Wait up!" He growled, running after the fleeing girl. As he ran, he noticed just how manyHeartless began to spawn. It seemed that the closer he got to the clock tower, the more monsters there were.  "The Darkside!" He exclaimed, realizing that this must mean that he was getting close to his target. He then grunted,deftly blocking an attack from a floating, yellow hat-shaped monster the floated about."Take this!" Roxas shouted, leaping and slicing the Heartless in half. He landed back on the ground, dashing for Xionagain. The street was odd, being crooked and having many random turns as it ran through town. Eventually Roxas made it,bursting into a new area at the highest point in town; a wide-open area that acted as a plaza before the clock tower.Xion was there, waiting."What took you so long? She asked, a hand moving to her hip."I had to fight all the Heartless by myself! Thanks a lot!" Roxas exclaimed, placing his hands on his knees as hepanted."Welcome." Xion replied, walking further in the trapezoid-shaped plaza. Near them was the immense clock tower; doublingas Twilight Town's only train station."Now, where's that Darkside?" She murmured, looking back to see Roxas walk up to her."No sign?" He asked, sighing, "I was sure it would be here..""Roxas!" Xion yelled pointing behind him. He turned, snapping back as he watched a towering monster rise before them. Itwas extremely built with long arms with demonic hands. Odd disjointed wings fluttered from its entirely bluish-blackbody, with a horrid mess of tentacles that made up its face."What is THAT?" Roxas exclaimed, immediately summoning his Keyblade."Our target!" Xion said, getting into a ready stance."You ready for this?"  Xion nodded once, "Yeah." 

Spoiler

Almost immediately did the Darkside slam its fist into the ground; a portal opening up and several dark creaturesclimbing out. The same color as the Darkside, these ant likes creatures clambered about, the anttenanae on their headstwitching as they raced for Roxas."I'll keep them off you! You go for our target!" Xion yelled, blasting the Shadows with blasts of ice.   Roxas nodded, rushing for the titan just as it brought its arm back up. Roxas leapt into the air, slicing theDarkside's hand repeatedly. His slices appeared to do little to no damage--his sword merely phased through the monster.It seemed to though, actually register with the Darkside, as Roxas could still feel some sort of resistance as he slicedand cut.  The monster suddenly brought its fist down, causing an electric shock-wave that knocked both Roxas and Xion back."You okay?" Roxas said, glancing at her."I'm fine. Keep going for it and I'll help as best as I can."  Roxas nodded again and reared his head to get a good look at their target. The Darkside suddenly fell to its knees(Which were oddly disproportionate to its arms) and a ray of purple light shone from the long heart-shaped hole in itschest. Orbs or sparking energy shot it and generated a pulsing hum as they went for the two. Roxas rolled, instinctivelyblocking the two orbs. He stared in amazement as they bounced back--hitting the monster that had first sent them.  This continued, with the Darkside firing more and more orbs each round. Roxas blocked them all, watching as themonster flinched back from every recoil. It made some horrid scream, standing back up and slamming a fist into theground; creating yet another shock-wave."Go, Roxas! While its head is leaned down!" Xion shouted. Roxas nodded, rushing the monster and quickly slashing at itsface. As he did, purple orbs fell down from the sky; another one of the Darkside's attacks."Come on!" Roxas shouted, striking the monster's face yet again. The Darkside faltered, lowering a bit before twistingand slamming a fist into Roxas' Keyblade. He yelped, the sword flying out of his hands and clattering to the groundsmeters away from him. It finally rested at Xion's feet, before appearing in the girl's hand. As if she had known allalong, she got into a stance similar to Roxas' battle-ready stance and charged the Darkside; slicing it diagonally.  The beast roared, raising its arms into the sky as it slammed into the ground and evaporating completely.  Xion stared at the Kingdom Key for a moment, letting it disappear before turning to see Roxas' stunned face."Woah! I didn't know you knew how to use the Keyblade!" He exclaimed, surprised. Was this Xion's weapon? The same ashis? But why hadn't she used it before..? 

Spoiler

"Yeah..neither did I. It just...appeared in my hand when it landed near me. I...knew exactly what to do the moment Ifelt its weight." Xion replied, looking down.  Roxas smiled, "You did great! In fact, I think you deserve a little something extra.""Something extra?" Xion asked."Yeah...the icing on the cake. C'mon, there's this place I'd like to show you."~<i>Day 351</i>~"That was the first day we all ate on the clock tower together." Roxas murmured, his mind finally returning from rememberingthe past."Yeah." Xion replied, her voice softer than usual, "It was. First time...I ever ate sea-salt ice cream, too.""And then they kissed." Axel murmured, smirking as he looked at the others outraged faces, "What? I'm just tellin' thetruth."  Roxas smiled and shook his head, "Always been a weirdo, Axel.""Whatever. You both know you love me." Axel said, laying back down again.  Xion sighed, her mind still in other places, "Why can't we do this more often? Sit here and reflect? Let our worriesfade away as we talk about the good times?""Yeah, all you'll do is talk about each other! What about poor Axel? Wasn't the stuff I've done with you both fun?" Axelasked, glancing at Roxas and Xion."The only one I can remember is that dumb one here you made me search for treasure." Roxas replied, "It was boring.""Was not! You were so thrilled!" Axel exclaimed, sitting back up."Yeah yeah."  Axel growled, causing an eruption of giggles and laughter from Roxas and Xion. Xion eventually sighed again. Althoughher mind wanted to think of all the good times they had...there was still...the other memories. Of desertion andfailure. The hardships they all endured.  Of course, Xion knew what was going to happen at this. After all that had happened so far...soon the three friends would be separated. Xion knew she had to leave the Organization--she couldn't trust Xemnas, nor his plans. But for Roxas' sake...she wouldn't say a thing. Her hand gripped the edge of the clock tower, momentarily looking down. Roxas and Axel were arguing still about their mission.  Xion sighed, "When did it come to this?"~<i>Day 298</i>~ 

Spoiler

"Xion." Roxas murmured, looking at the girl. Day two-hundred and ninety-eight. Roxas' mission? 'Eliminate the imposter'. Roxas had no idea who this imposter as originally, only that Saix said it was of "the utmost importance that this imposter is destroyed". Roxas didn't like the way Saix referred to the imposter. Saix didn't say kill. Killing was eliminating the living. To destroy...was to erase something that didn't live to begin with.  Roxas had gone through this mission, battling Heartless and chasing the one dressed in the Organization's cloak. And it all ended up here, in Twilight Town. Roxas had finally cornered the 'imposter', only to watch as it took of its hood to reveal a familiar face."Where...have you been?" Roxas asked, walking towards her, "Axel and I have been looking all over for you.""You have..?" Xion murmured, looking away, "Sorry.""Let's go home...if you come back voluntarily, Saix will let all this drop. He has to." Roxas replied, giving Xion a concerned look. Neither noticed Axel, leaning against a higher wall, arms crossed and looking down.  Xion looked down as Roxas continued: "I don't care what he said to you. I'll be their. Me and Axel will make sure.." Roxas said this, reaching out his hand to Xion, only for the other to suddenly step back. Roxas let out a gasp."I'll really can't." Xion replied."Why not? C'mon!" Roxas said, reaching out for her again. His arm dropped back down to his side. Xion looked down, quickly running past Roxas."Wait!" He exclaimed, quickly grabbing her arm. He let go as Xion summoned her Keyblade. She lifted the weapon, its blade pointed directly at Roxas."Enh!" She grunted, a flaming chakram slamming into her Keyblade just as she blocked it. The chakram slammed into the ground, disappearing in fire and ashes."Well hello there, Xion." A voice said, Axel walking down the steps into the alley."Axel!?" Roxas said, looking at him and then Xion. He watched with surprise as Xion charged forward and immediately started to fight with Axel. The red-head would throw his chakrams, and Xion would block and slash at him."STOP!" Roxas shouted, Xion faltering for a moment. With a quick hit to the neck, Axel easily knocked down Xion. The man lifted her limp body and hefted her over his shoulder."Xion..!" Roxas said, running after Axel, only for the other to slip into a Corridor.~Day 351~

Spoiler

Xion sighed. That was only a start to the beginning. She had left the first time for her own reasons..and yet Roxas refused to see the big picture--just what the Organization was doing behind his back. Behind everyone's backs. She looked at him sadly, watching him flail his arms around as Axel taunted him.  This would be one of the very last days they would ever come together like this.  Xion glanced down at what was left of her ice cream. Sea-salt. Salty but sweet. She licked what was left, swallowing it down and flinching. It was getting hard to swallow."I need to go." She said, quickly standing up."Xion?" Roxas said, looking up at her with concern."Ah, she's just tired. In fact, I'll probably head off too. Dreamland is calling me." Axel said, grunting as he stood up."You're always ready for sleep.." Roxas said, watching as his two friends walked to the other side of the tower to slip into a Corridor and return to the Castle.  Roxas sighed, "Well then." He murmured, "That was...weird. Is Xion okay?" It hurt him that his friends were keeping so many secrets from him. He was so often left in the dark, he didn't know who to trust."I'll ask tomorrow." He said, looking out into the sky. The never-ending twilight."That's my promise. To make my friends happy." He then added, standing up, “So no one has to run away. So everyday we can talk on this clock tower and be...friends.”  Just for a moment did Roxas smile. That was his oath.“Today was a good day...I'll write it down in my diary. Just sitting here and remembering the good times.” He said, smiling as he stepped over Xion's dropped Popsicle stick and left through a Corridor.  The winner stick remained there, laying on the clock tower. Xion's winner stick.

Here's mine! This is just the story on its own. The topic (http://kh13.com/forum/topic/68765-3582-days-remember-talent-contest-entry/) has music along with it, so if you'd like some musical depth, try that out.  

Here is my contest entry for the Writing Talent Contest. I feel like its a little short..and may have a sudden end...but I hope everyone at least will enjoy it. It has music (In spoilers) so I recommend listening to the tracks for a few moments to get a feel for the scene. Spoiler  Three figures sat upon a clock tower. All three of them sitting down on a perch that hung over the front side; lettingthe three get a grand view at the town below. The sun was setting, and its beautiful red-yellow rays danced over themountains in the distance. One of the figures -a tall, lanky red-head- smiled, holding up a moistened stick."Bet you two don't know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors,red is the one that travels the farthest." The red-head said, a smirk displayed proudly on his face, his emerald-greeneyes glinting from the sun's light."We didn't ask, Axel. Besides, you've told us already." One of the other two said; a younger, black-haired female."Know-it-all." The third said, a blonde boy who couldn't help but smile."That's me." Axel smiled, grinning as he stuck the Popsicle stick back in his mouth."How have you eaten that so quickly?" The blonde one asked, looking down at his only half-eaten ice cream bar. The bluishflavored ice was starting to melt; dripping down from the stick. He blinked, letting the drips pool into one of hishands. The boy didn't know why, but he zoned out and just watched the melted ice cream settle into his palm."Roxas, you're going to stain your gloves by doing that. Hurry up and finish the bar." The girl said, shaking her headas she bit into the bar. She froze, squeezing her eyes shut suddenly."Heh, brain freeze?" Axel asked, looking at the girl, "That's why you don't eat the bars so quickly, Xion.""Then how did you eat yours so quickly? You didn't get a brain freeze at all!" Roxas exclaimed, looking at Axel. Hesqueezed his free hand into a fist, forgetting about the melted ice cream that he had been holding."It's because his brain is full of hot air." Xion said, turning away to stare at the setting sun, not bothering to evenglance in Axel's direction."Well, she's partially right." Axel replied, "Probably my fiery personality, y'know. Just makes the ice melt so quicklythat it can't freeze me.""Uh-huh." Roxas replied, sitting back down. He sighed, licking off the final bit of his ice cream. He glanced at thestick, a little saddened that the <i>Winner</i> stamp was not on there."You guys have been with the Organization for awhile.." Axel suddenly said, "How long has it been now?""That was random.." Xion murmured, then glanced at Axel, "I...uh, I think it's been...erh...Roxas, do you know?""It's been three-hundred and fifty-one days since I first joined." Roxas said, turning to Xion, "And you came in a week afterI did, I think. So for you it's been three-hundred and forty-five days.""Forty-six, Roxas. Check your math." Axel said, correcting him."Can't believe it's been that long.." Xion said, "Three-hundred days since we both joined. How can it have been that long?Even then...we've done so much..."  Roxas nodded, "Yeah. We have. Three-hundred or so days of non-stop back-breaking work that Saix and Xemnas have thrownon us."  Axel chuckled, taking the Popsicle stick out again, "Startin' to sound a bit like me, Roxxy.""Don't call me Roxxy." Roxas grumbled, staring at his stick again. Axel laughed, patting Roxas on the back.  Xion suddenly turned and smiled, "Remember when we first met, Roxas?"  Roxas blinked, looking at her with his usual blank, clueless look. Xion rolled her eyes, growling, "I was justthinking. About how long it's been. And then I remembered how long ago it was since we first met...""You two were so quiet at first. Even more so than Zexion...and <i>that's</i> an accomplishment. Like zombies, you twowere. Actually kinda annoyed me. I'd say 'Hey, let's go get ice cream!' and you both would blankly stare at me like Iwas some sorta weirdo." Axel exclaimed, completely cutting Xion off."Hey, you cut me off! I was gonna say something really important and emotional, and you just cut me right off!" Xionexclaimed, glaring daggers at Axel."What's it to yah? I was rememberin' too." Axel shrugged, smirking."You meanie!" Xion whined, "My stuff was more important! Yours was just talking about us being weird!”  Axel shook his head, laying back as he stared off into the sky, "Continue what you were saying, Xion."  Xion sighed, "It's been...what? At least three-hundred and fifty days since we first met.." Xion mumbled, looking atRoxas, who, as usual, who completely zoned out."Yeah." Roxas replied, "Remember when we fought that big Heartless? The..uh...Darkside or whatever?""I do." Xion said, smiling a little, "Kinda like it was yesterday."~<i>Day 25</i>~ Spoiler"Your mission today is of critical importance." Saix said, glancing once at Roxas who had only just stepped into theOrganization's casual meeting room: The Grey Area, "A Darkside has surfaced in Twilight Town. You are to be teamed withNo. XIV, Xion, and are tasked to eliminate it at once.""Dark...side..?" Roxas said, putting effort into saying each syllable."Yes. Darkside. Can your mind fully comprehend a complex word such as that? It is a large Shadow Heartless. EssentiallyKing of the Shadows, it can spawn the dark ants from its own body...among other abilities. Due to its immense strengthand your sad lack of it, you will be tasked with Xion. Are you ready to embark?"  Roxas glanced at Xion, who stood over in a corner of the Grey Area, all by herself. Her hood was up (as usual) and shestood with the unnerving presence."I guess." Roxas said, shrugging once as his blue eyes returned to look at Saix. The blue-haired Nobody sighed andcrossed his arms. With a wiggle of his fingers, a Corridor swirled into existence."Go, then. Do not return until your mission is complete."~ Spoiler"Roxas." Xion said the moment the two stepped out of the Corridor, having only appeared in Twilight Town for meremoments. Roxas blinked, turning around to stare at her. As he did, Xion slowly pulled off her hood for the first time.  Underneath was the cute, round yet soft face of a young girl. Short, black hair and striking blue eyes; the same as Roxas',"Good luck today." She said, smiling."Enh...th-thanks.." Roxas stammered, surprised that not only did she speak, but Xion was actually rather cute, "You too,Xion." He added, smiling himself. He turned around, gazing at the side street they were standing in. He began to slowlywalk along the street, his boots making no sound against the cobblestone ground. It was always so serene in this town--the ever-standing Twilight, the warm setting sun, and just the whole look of the town made it feel so quaint andwelcoming. A perfect place for day off.  Roxas as brought back into reality when he suddenly bumped into a wall. Xion put a hand to her mouth, trying not togiggle."Oh..um.." Roxas stammered, realizing he had zoned out, "Sorry.""Who are you saying sorry to? There's no one but me, and I thought it looked kinda funny." Xion said, tilting her headand looking at Roxas with the most innocent of smiles."Nothing. Let's keep going." Roxas murmured, turning to his left and heading under an archway. As he started walking, heturned to see Xion had completely stopped: staring at a large garage with a brightly-lit number three."What's this for?" She asked, glancing at Roxas."I dunno. Vexen once said there's a tram that runs through here. Maybe there garage is for that?" Roxas asked, notreally knowing himself."Maybe." Xion replied, immediately turning and walking past Roxas. He sighed, heading after her and walking into alarger alleyway; the Station Heights. Roxas held out his arm, stopping Xion from walking further."Hold up." He said, glancing around. A dark and heavy presence had settled over the air. The hairs on the back or Roxas'neck had stood up straight, frightened almost by the unseen force."What is it?" Xion asked, seemingly oblivious to the presence."Heartless." Roxas said, his face turning dark as several dark swirls formed. Out of those swirls did many odd, cloudshaped monsters with yellow beady eyes and monstrous mouths appear, along with small, blue monsters with inflated bombshaped heads and tiny bodies. Spoiler  Xion growled, snapping her fingers. Fire appeared, blowing three of the clouds into bits. Roxas breathed in, holdingout his arm and letting his signature weapon -the Kingdom Key- appear in his palm. He ran forward, slicing several of thebomb-monsters into pieces. As they fought, yet more and more of the Heartless appeared."There's too many!" Xion exclaimed, switching from fire to lightning attacks."Don't you have a weapon?!" Roxas yelled, glancing once at her. All of the Org. members had some weapon; like Axel'schakrams, or Demyx's sitar. How could this girl not have one? Xion though, seemed to ignore the question and ran up theincline of the street, heading towards the large clock tower that dominated the town."Hey!" Roxas yelled, "Wait up!" He growled, running after the fleeing girl. As he ran, he noticed just how manyHeartless began to spawn. It seemed that the closer he got to the clock tower, the more monsters there were.  "The Darkside!" He exclaimed, realizing that this must mean that he was getting close to his target. He then grunted,deftly blocking an attack from a floating, yellow hat-shaped monster the floated about."Take this!" Roxas shouted, leaping and slicing the Heartless in half. He landed back on the ground, dashing for Xionagain. The street was odd, being crooked and having many random turns as it ran through town. Eventually Roxas made it,bursting into a new area at the highest point in town; a wide-open area that acted as a plaza before the clock tower.Xion was there, waiting."What took you so long? She asked, a hand moving to her hip."I had to fight all the Heartless by myself! Thanks a lot!" Roxas exclaimed, placing his hands on his knees as hepanted."Welcome." Xion replied, walking further in the trapezoid-shaped plaza. Near them was the immense clock tower; doublingas Twilight Town's only train station."Now, where's that Darkside?" She murmured, looking back to see Roxas walk up to her."No sign?" He asked, sighing, "I was sure it would be here..""Roxas!" Xion yelled pointing behind him. He turned, snapping back as he watched a towering monster rise before them. Itwas extremely built with long arms with demonic hands. Odd disjointed wings fluttered from its entirely bluish-blackbody, with a horrid mess of tentacles that made up its face."What is THAT?" Roxas exclaimed, immediately summoning his Keyblade."Our target!" Xion said, getting into a ready stance."You ready for this?"  Xion nodded once, "Yeah." Spoiler  Almost immediately did the Darkside slam its fist into the ground; a portal opening up and several dark creaturesclimbing out. The same color as the Darkside, these ant likes creatures clambered about, the anttenanae on their headstwitching as they raced for Roxas."I'll keep them off you! You go for our target!" Xion yelled, blasting the Shadows with blasts of ice.   Roxas nodded, rushing for the titan just as it brought its arm back up. Roxas leapt into the air, slicing theDarkside's hand repeatedly. His slices appeared to do little to no damage--his sword merely phased through the monster.It seemed to though, actually register with the Darkside, as Roxas could still feel some sort of resistance as he slicedand cut.  The monster suddenly brought its fist down, causing an electric shock-wave that knocked both Roxas and Xion back."You okay?" Roxas said, glancing at her."I'm fine. Keep going for it and I'll help as best as I can."  Roxas nodded again and reared his head to get a good look at their target. The Darkside suddenly fell to its knees(Which were oddly disproportionate to its arms) and a ray of purple light shone from the long heart-shaped hole in itschest. Orbs or sparking energy shot it and generated a pulsing hum as they went for the two. Roxas rolled, instinctivelyblocking the two orbs. He stared in amazement as they bounced back--hitting the monster that had first sent them.  This continued, with the Darkside firing more and more orbs each round. Roxas blocked them all, watching as themonster flinched back from every recoil. It made some horrid scream, standing back up and slamming a fist into theground; creating yet another shock-wave."Go, Roxas! While its head is leaned down!" Xion shouted. Roxas nodded, rushing the monster and quickly slashing at itsface. As he did, purple orbs fell down from the sky; another one of the Darkside's attacks."Come on!" Roxas shouted, striking the monster's face yet again. The Darkside faltered, lowering a bit before twistingand slamming a fist into Roxas' Keyblade. He yelped, the sword flying out of his hands and clattering to the groundsmeters away from him. It finally rested at Xion's feet, before appearing in the girl's hand. As if she had known allalong, she got into a stance similar to Roxas' battle-ready stance and charged the Darkside; slicing it diagonally.  The beast roared, raising its arms into the sky as it slammed into the ground and evaporating completely.  Xion stared at the Kingdom Key for a moment, letting it disappear before turning to see Roxas' stunned face."Woah! I didn't know you knew how to use the Keyblade!" He exclaimed, surprised. Was this Xion's weapon? The same ashis? But why hadn't she used it before..? Spoiler"Yeah..neither did I. It just...appeared in my hand when it landed near me. I...knew exactly what to do the moment Ifelt its weight." Xion replied, looking down.  Roxas smiled, "You did great! In fact, I think you deserve a little something extra.""Something extra?" Xion asked."Yeah...the icing on the cake. C'mon, there's this place I'd like to show you."~<i>Day 351</i>~"That was the first day we all ate on the clock tower together." Roxas murmured, his mind finally returning from rememberingthe past."Yeah." Xion replied, her voice softer than usual, "It was. First time...I ever ate sea-salt ice cream, too.""And then they kissed." Axel murmured, smirking as he looked at the others outraged faces, "What? I'm just tellin' thetruth."  Roxas smiled and shook his head, "Always been a weirdo, Axel.""Whatever. You both know you love me." Axel said, laying back down again.  Xion sighed, her mind still in other places, "Why can't we do this more often? Sit here and reflect? Let our worriesfade away as we talk about the good times?""Yeah, all you'll do is talk about each other! What about poor Axel? Wasn't the stuff I've done with you both fun?" Axelasked, glancing at Roxas and Xion."The only one I can remember is that dumb one here you made me search for treasure." Roxas replied, "It was boring.""Was not! You were so thrilled!" Axel exclaimed, sitting back up."Yeah yeah."  Axel growled, causing an eruption of giggles and laughter from Roxas and Xion. Xion eventually sighed again. Althoughher mind wanted to think of all the good times they had...there was still...the other memories. Of desertion andfailure. The hardships they all endured.  Of course, Xion knew what was going to happen at this. After all that had happened so far...soon the three friends would be separated. Xion knew she had to leave the Organization--she couldn't trust Xemnas, nor his plans. But for Roxas' sake...she wouldn't say a thing. Her hand gripped the edge of the clock tower, momentarily looking down. Roxas and Axel were arguing still about their mission.  Xion sighed, "When did it come to this?"~<i>Day 298</i>~ Spoiler"Xion." Roxas murmured, looking at the girl. Day two-hundred and ninety-eight. Roxas' mission? 'Eliminate the imposter'. Roxas had no idea who this imposter as originally, only that Saix said it was of "the utmost importance that this imposter is destroyed". Roxas didn't like the way Saix referred to the imposter. Saix didn't say kill. Killing was eliminating the living. To destroy...was to erase something that didn't live to begin with.  Roxas had gone through this mission, battling Heartless and chasing the one dressed in the Organization's cloak. And it all ended up here, in Twilight Town. Roxas had finally cornered the 'imposter', only to watch as it took of its hood to reveal a familiar face."Where...have you been?" Roxas asked, walking towards her, "Axel and I have been looking all over for you.""You have..?" Xion murmured, looking away, "Sorry.""Let's go home...if you come back voluntarily, Saix will let all this drop. He has to." Roxas replied, giving Xion a concerned look. Neither noticed Axel, leaning against a higher wall, arms crossed and looking down.  Xion looked down as Roxas continued: "I don't care what he said to you. I'll be their. Me and Axel will make sure.." Roxas said this, reaching out his hand to Xion, only for the other to suddenly step back. Roxas let out a gasp."I'll really can't." Xion replied."Why not? C'mon!" Roxas said, reaching out for her again. His arm dropped back down to his side. Xion looked down, quickly running past Roxas."Wait!" He exclaimed, quickly grabbing her arm. He let go as Xion summoned her Keyblade. She lifted the weapon, its blade pointed directly at Roxas."Enh!" She grunted, a flaming chakram slamming into her Keyblade just as she blocked it. The chakram slammed into the ground, disappearing in fire and ashes."Well hello there, Xion." A voice said, Axel walking down the steps into the alley."Axel!?" Roxas said, looking at him and then Xion. He watched with surprise as Xion charged forward and immediately started to fight with Axel. The red-head would throw his chakrams, and Xion would block and slash at him."STOP!" Roxas shouted, Xion faltering for a moment. With a quick hit to the neck, Axel easily knocked down Xion. The man lifted her limp body and hefted her over his shoulder."Xion..!" Roxas said, running after Axel, only for the other to slip into a Corridor.~Day 351~Spoiler  Xion sighed. That was only a start to the beginning. She had left the first time for her own reasons..and yet Roxas refused to see the big picture--just what the Organization was doing behind his back. Behind everyone's backs. She looked at him sadly, watching him flail his arms around as Axel taunted him.  This would be one of the very last days they would ever come together like this.  Xion glanced down at what was left of her ice cream. Sea-salt. Salty but sweet. She licked what was left, swallowing it down and flinching. It was getting hard to swallow."I need to go." She said, quickly standing up."Xion?" Roxas said, looking up at her with concern."Ah, she's just tired. In fact, I'll probably head off too. Dreamland is calling me." Axel said, grunting as he stood up."You're always ready for sleep.." Roxas said, watching as his two friends walked to the other side of the tower to slip into a Corridor and return to the Castle.  Roxas sighed, "Well then." He murmured, "That was...weird. Is Xion okay?" It hurt him that his friends were keeping so many secrets from him. He was so often left in the dark, he didn't know who to trust."I'll ask tomorrow." He said, looking out into the sky. The never-ending twilight."That's my promise. To make my friends happy." He then added, standing up, “So no one has to run away. So everyday we can talk on this clock tower and be...friends.”  Just for a moment did Roxas smile. That was his oath.“Today was a good day...I'll write it down in my diary. Just sitting here and remembering the good times.” He said, smiling as he stepped over Xion's dropped Popsicle stick and left through a Corridor.  The winner stick remained there, laying on the clock tower. Xion's winner stick.

Now I'm really tempted to post my OC story. If I think i can match this, I'll post it up later. Nice job btw

Well this looks interesting. But before I post anything, I have a question. The story I plan on writing is about a character from the Kingdom Hearts games, but also features an OC. So would the story be in the own story, or Kingdom Hearts category?

Edited by Xigboss

( This is a  Xion story, pure and simple. )

She raced through the lotus forest, dodging Shadows left and right, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

She was running out of time, and fast. 

The Dark Corridor was in the Queen's throne area, a room painted to look like the outside down to clouds and a distant view of a hedge maze, ruled, so to speak, by a massive throne. 

She stood there, swaying gently on her feet before the dark portal, wanting to to back, but... 

Roxas had to know; everything was going to end, and she wasn't going to let Sora's rest go in vain.

She found him on the tower, watching the sunset, cradling his knees like a child... but he was a child: sometimes she had to remind herself she and Roxas were only 14. They'd seen more sacrifice and sorrow than most adults do in their whole lives. 

She sat besides him, clothed in her hood, and held out an ice cream to him. 

" Thank you...Xion." He said, smiling at her, his face handsome in the dying light. 

" Roxas.... I'm out of time. " 

She... what... 

She couldn't remember..

She'd tried to attack Roxas. She'd let her rage loose, but it had come to the only choice that was left: her memories, her life...

They weren't hers. 

She collapsed, Roxas hardly able to catch her as she did so, the dying sunlight reflecting in her eyes beautifully. 

" Roxas.... remember: you were always my best friend. "

" Am I... the one who did this to you?" 

" No.. it was my choice... to go away now. "

It hurt... it hurt to talk, breathe... exist. 

" Better that... than to do nothing... and let Xemnas have his way. " 

She was fading... leaving it all behind: Roxas, missions, Axel, the castle, Heartless...

She saw, ahead, a light, like the fabled " Light at the end of the tunnel " Xemnas had spoken of once. 

The closer you get to the light, the longer your shadow grows 

Who'd said that? 

She was drifting, like underwater, but... not. 

She opened her eyes, letting the current take her along. 

She landed gently on a large glass floor, depicting the Station Plaza and a beautiful sunset. 

" Am I .. dead?" She asked aloud, even though no one was there. 

No.. not dead. This is my heart. We've connected.. Xion. 

" Who are you? Why do you know my name?" She cried, staring off into the darkness.

My name is Sora. 

Sora... 

She smiled, and closed her eyes: She was home. 

END

This was on repeat the whole time I was typing this. 

Ah, this looks like fun, I'll have to get to work on something, I'm looking forward to reading people's submissions too, I haven't had a chance to see a lot of people's writings here.

Edited by MDSVeritas

Here's my Kingdom-Hearts related entry. I'll have to put more time into thinking on my fully original entry.

“Well that's just down-right unpleasant!” The one with the fiery red hair spoke casually but he didn't sound like he was joking.

“It doesn't matter what you think is unpleasant here. It needs to get done. A concentration of heartless like that cannot be allowed to grow any more potent.” The blue haired one spoke more coldly, and there was more of a command in his words than the other.

The fiery one turned and waved his hand carelessly at the other. “Have Demyx do it.”

“He's already on assignment.”

“Luxord?”

“No.”

“Xald-”

“Axel!” The blue haired one barked his old friend into silence. “You're always a little annoying, but this is worse than usual. If you have a problem, then say it.” He had used the name Axel this time; he was being colder than usual.

The red haired one turned back. His rarely looked angry, but while he struggled to keep a calm demeanor, his eyes seemed to burn as he spoke. “You know exactly what the problem is, don't start pretending you don't.”

This time it was the blue haired one that tried to shrug off the comment. “The situation has already been decided on. You're orders have nothing to do with searching for Roxas.”

“And who's orders do?” The other one was growing noticeably angry. “Huh? Are you looking for him? Do you even care if he lives or dies.”

“He's a nobody. Or have your buddy-buddy adventures made you forget what the Organization is? He doesn't die, he goes back to being what he always was- nothing. Let's not forget he was the one who chose to run away in any case.” The blue haired one was making his way toward the door. This wasn't a conversation he wanted to be having. “And of course he still has value to us- he can use the keyblade still, he's still an asset. We're doing the necessary work.” He reached the door. “So why don't you do the same and follow your orders.”

“Whatever you say Mr. second-in-command.”

“Is there a problem here?” The coldness in his voice contrasted with the hint in his tone that he disliked fighting with his only previous friend.

“Not at all Saix.” While his eyes and hair seemed on fire, his tone was just as chilly as the other one's.

Without a word the blue haired one threw open one of the doors and stormed away. After a few seconds his red haired friend made his way out of the room as well.

“Twilight town.” The voice was from the blonde one sitting on a chair nearby, looking over his sitar.

“I thought you were on assignment Demyx.”

“Nah, it didn't sound like fun. Plus- I'm about to have someone do it for me.”

The fiery haired one put his hand on his chest in feax-disbelief. “You can't possibly mean me, can you? Why would I ever be so kind?”

Blondie didn't even look up from his sitar. “Because my assignment is following up on the possible location of Number Thirteen.” Finally he looked up. “Twilight Town. That's the area where we think he may be. You know it, right?” He raised up a hand and a fairly large mass of darkness appeared- a sort of portal. “See? I'm even being so kind as to give you the exact spot.”

The red-head moved towards it, faking a carefree walk.

“If they ask me how you got there...” Blondie seemed the slightest bit hesitant.

“I know, I know, it was all on my own. They'll be fine with it, and I'll be back to finish up my own work a bit later.” The red-haired one walked through.

Sunset. Even through the trees the red light reached him. It brought back good memories, but with those memories came pain.

Do you know why the sun sets red?

He was standing before a huge gate, with a mansion on the other side. He didn't recognize this spot as well as the clocktower, but he had been here before as well. He eyed the mansion carefully. This was it. As he walked towards the gates the same scene that kept coming back to him played again in his head.

You can't just turn on the Organization! If you get on their bad side, they'll destroy you!

No one would miss me.

That's not true!

As Axel summoned his two fire wheels he whispered those same two words as before.

“I would.”

Guest DEADACCOUNT2333

Here is my entry of kinda KH related stuff http://kh13.com/forum/topic/69021-the-unknown-wielders-the-story-of-the-war/ . More soon. I might make a separate thread!

http://youtu.be/br9fgdIEJG0

The armies were at the ready at the barren plains, each wearing their colors. This was it. The final day. The Keyblade war was coming to an end. Many knew that this would be their final hour. That they leave motherless children, husband-less wives. But they knew that their death would be for a greater cause. For the cause of their lord. The great heart would be theirs.

Hikaru Mashima stood at the ready. He looked to his left, and saw Riven. His breath hardened. There was nothing to be afraid of. He was going to survive it. And then he could... He shook his head. He shouldn't jinx it. He looked ahead, and saw the leader, Freed Lerten.

Freed looked over to the other armies. "HEAR ME, KINGS OF NOTHING!"'he screamed. "MANY OF YOU WANT IT FOR YOURSELVES! FOR YOUR OWN SELFISH WAYS!" He lifted his Keyblade, Banner To Dawn. "THIS IS NOT THE WAY!" His charisma was powerful. "THE HEART IS THE HOPES AND DREAMS! AND SO!" He outstretched his hands. "IT MUST BE SHARED!" The other armies looked at him with a sense of confusion.

Rinku didn't care. The empire called on him. He knew who was going to win this. The empire had more. More wielders, more intellect, more everything. Him? He was just serving his time. No more, no less. He lived for nothing. Everything was taken from him. He just wanted this to be over. Emperor Deren Mathis looked at the leader of the outburst .

Deren laughed at the accusation. "Just the thought of that makes me laugh..." He said. "This heart is destined to belong to the kingdom of Celon. Just as the oracles foretold."

Then, to the left was one man and woman. All the other leaders looked at the two expectantly. "This is your army!" Freed yelled. Deren, however, reacted differently. The man snapped his fingers, and the earth rumbled. The earth cracked. Out of the holes, dark creatures protruded from the ground. "We have come for it." The man said. "It is the darkness incarnate. It belongs to us."

The three armies looked at each other, both knowing the power of the other.

This is the final battle.

This is the Wars conclusion.

The fate if the 200000 warriors that shook the world.

These are the stories of those unsung heroes that gave their lives.

The War- Prologue: End

Edited by DEADACCOUNT2333

I thought about entering a short story I just started working on but I don't think I'll make it in time. Ah well it depends on how lazy I am to type it. 

Here is my contest entry for the Writing Talent Contest. I feel like its a little short..and may have a sudden end...but I hope everyone at least will enjoy it. It has music (In spoilers) so I recommend listening to the tracks for a few moments to get a feel for the scene.

Spoiler

Three figures sat upon a clock tower. All three of them sitting down on a perch that hung over the front side; lettingthe three get a grand view at the town below. The sun was setting, and its beautiful red-yellow rays danced over themountains in the distance. One of the figures -a tall, lanky red-head- smiled, holding up a moistened stick."Bet you two don't know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors,red is the one that travels the farthest." The red-head said, a smirk displayed proudly on his face, his emerald-greeneyes glinting from the sun's light."We didn't ask, Axel. Besides, you've told us already." One of the other two said; a younger, black-haired female."Know-it-all." The third said, a blonde boy who couldn't help but smile."That's me." Axel smiled, grinning as he stuck the Popsicle stick back in his mouth."How have you eaten that so quickly?" The blonde one asked, looking down at his only half-eaten ice cream bar. The bluishflavored ice was starting to melt; dripping down from the stick. He blinked, letting the drips pool into one of hishands. The boy didn't know why, but he zoned out and just watched the melted ice cream settle into his palm."Roxas, you're going to stain your gloves by doing that. Hurry up and finish the bar." The girl said, shaking her headas she bit into the bar. She froze, squeezing her eyes shut suddenly."Heh, brain freeze?" Axel asked, looking at the girl, "That's why you don't eat the bars so quickly, Xion.""Then how did you eat yours so quickly? You didn't get a brain freeze at all!" Roxas exclaimed, looking at Axel. Hesqueezed his free hand into a fist, forgetting about the melted ice cream that he had been holding."It's because his brain is full of hot air." Xion said, turning away to stare at the setting sun, not bothering to evenglance in Axel's direction."Well, she's partially right." Axel replied, "Probably my fiery personality, y'know. Just makes the ice melt so quicklythat it can't freeze me.""Uh-huh." Roxas replied, sitting back down. He sighed, licking off the final bit of his ice cream. He glanced at thestick, a little saddened that the <i>Winner</i> stamp was not on there."You guys have been with the Organization for awhile.." Axel suddenly said, "How long has it been now?""That was random.." Xion murmured, then glanced at Axel, "I...uh, I think it's been...erh...Roxas, do you know?""It's been three-hundred and fifty-one days since I first joined." Roxas said, turning to Xion, "And you came in a week afterI did, I think. So for you it's been three-hundred and forty-five days.""Forty-six, Roxas. Check your math." Axel said, correcting him."Can't believe it's been that long.." Xion said, "Three-hundred days since we both joined. How can it have been that long?Even then...we've done so much..."  Roxas nodded, "Yeah. We have. Three-hundred or so days of non-stop back-breaking work that Saix and Xemnas have thrownon us."  Axel chuckled, taking the Popsicle stick out again, "Startin' to sound a bit like me, Roxxy.""Don't call me Roxxy." Roxas grumbled, staring at his stick again. Axel laughed, patting Roxas on the back.  Xion suddenly turned and smiled, "Remember when we first met, Roxas?"  Roxas blinked, looking at her with his usual blank, clueless look. Xion rolled her eyes, growling, "I was justthinking. About how long it's been. And then I remembered how long ago it was since we first met...""You two were so quiet at first. Even more so than Zexion...and <i>that's</i> an accomplishment. Like zombies, you twowere. Actually kinda annoyed me. I'd say 'Hey, let's go get ice cream!' and you both would blankly stare at me like Iwas some sorta weirdo." Axel exclaimed, completely cutting Xion off."Hey, you cut me off! I was gonna say something really important and emotional, and you just cut me right off!" Xionexclaimed, glaring daggers at Axel."What's it to yah? I was rememberin' too." Axel shrugged, smirking."You meanie!" Xion whined, "My stuff was more important! Yours was just talking about us being weird!”  Axel shook his head, laying back as he stared off into the sky, "Continue what you were saying, Xion."  Xion sighed, "It's been...what? At least three-hundred and fifty days since we first met.." Xion mumbled, looking atRoxas, who, as usual, who completely zoned out."Yeah." Roxas replied, "Remember when we fought that big Heartless? The..uh...Darkside or whatever?""I do." Xion said, smiling a little, "Kinda like it was yesterday."~<i>Day 25</i>~ 

Spoiler

"Your mission today is of critical importance." Saix said, glancing once at Roxas who had only just stepped into theOrganization's casual meeting room: The Grey Area, "A Darkside has surfaced in Twilight Town. You are to be teamed withNo. XIV, Xion, and are tasked to eliminate it at once.""Dark...side..?" Roxas said, putting effort into saying each syllable."Yes. Darkside. Can your mind fully comprehend a complex word such as that? It is a large Shadow Heartless. EssentiallyKing of the Shadows, it can spawn the dark ants from its own body...among other abilities. Due to its immense strengthand your sad lack of it, you will be tasked with Xion. Are you ready to embark?"  Roxas glanced at Xion, who stood over in a corner of the Grey Area, all by herself. Her hood was up (as usual) and shestood with the unnerving presence."I guess." Roxas said, shrugging once as his blue eyes returned to look at Saix. The blue-haired Nobody sighed andcrossed his arms. With a wiggle of his fingers, a Corridor swirled into existence."Go, then. Do not return until your mission is complete."~ 

Spoiler

"Roxas." Xion said the moment the two stepped out of the Corridor, having only appeared in Twilight Town for meremoments. Roxas blinked, turning around to stare at her. As he did, Xion slowly pulled off her hood for the first time.  Underneath was the cute, round yet soft face of a young girl. Short, black hair and striking blue eyes; the same as Roxas',"Good luck today." She said, smiling."Enh...th-thanks.." Roxas stammered, surprised that not only did she speak, but Xion was actually rather cute, "You too,Xion." He added, smiling himself. He turned around, gazing at the side street they were standing in. He began to slowlywalk along the street, his boots making no sound against the cobblestone ground. It was always so serene in this town--the ever-standing Twilight, the warm setting sun, and just the whole look of the town made it feel so quaint andwelcoming. A perfect place for day off.  Roxas as brought back into reality when he suddenly bumped into a wall. Xion put a hand to her mouth, trying not togiggle."Oh..um.." Roxas stammered, realizing he had zoned out, "Sorry.""Who are you saying sorry to? There's no one but me, and I thought it looked kinda funny." Xion said, tilting her headand looking at Roxas with the most innocent of smiles."Nothing. Let's keep going." Roxas murmured, turning to his left and heading under an archway. As he started walking, heturned to see Xion had completely stopped: staring at a large garage with a brightly-lit number three."What's this for?" She asked, glancing at Roxas."I dunno. Vexen once said there's a tram that runs through here. Maybe there garage is for that?" Roxas asked, notreally knowing himself."Maybe." Xion replied, immediately turning and walking past Roxas. He sighed, heading after her and walking into alarger alleyway; the Station Heights. Roxas held out his arm, stopping Xion from walking further."Hold up." He said, glancing around. A dark and heavy presence had settled over the air. The hairs on the back or Roxas'neck had stood up straight, frightened almost by the unseen force."What is it?" Xion asked, seemingly oblivious to the presence."Heartless." Roxas said, his face turning dark as several dark swirls formed. Out of those swirls did many odd, cloudshaped monsters with yellow beady eyes and monstrous mouths appear, along with small, blue monsters with inflated bombshaped heads and tiny bodies. 

Spoiler

Xion growled, snapping her fingers. Fire appeared, blowing three of the clouds into bits. Roxas breathed in, holdingout his arm and letting his signature weapon -the Kingdom Key- appear in his palm. He ran forward, slicing several of thebomb-monsters into pieces. As they fought, yet more and more of the Heartless appeared."There's too many!" Xion exclaimed, switching from fire to lightning attacks."Don't you have a weapon?!" Roxas yelled, glancing once at her. All of the Org. members had some weapon; like Axel'schakrams, or Demyx's sitar. How could this girl not have one? Xion though, seemed to ignore the question and ran up theincline of the street, heading towards the large clock tower that dominated the town."Hey!" Roxas yelled, "Wait up!" He growled, running after the fleeing girl. As he ran, he noticed just how manyHeartless began to spawn. It seemed that the closer he got to the clock tower, the more monsters there were.  "The Darkside!" He exclaimed, realizing that this must mean that he was getting close to his target. He then grunted,deftly blocking an attack from a floating, yellow hat-shaped monster the floated about."Take this!" Roxas shouted, leaping and slicing the Heartless in half. He landed back on the ground, dashing for Xionagain. The street was odd, being crooked and having many random turns as it ran through town. Eventually Roxas made it,bursting into a new area at the highest point in town; a wide-open area that acted as a plaza before the clock tower.Xion was there, waiting."What took you so long? She asked, a hand moving to her hip."I had to fight all the Heartless by myself! Thanks a lot!" Roxas exclaimed, placing his hands on his knees as hepanted."Welcome." Xion replied, walking further in the trapezoid-shaped plaza. Near them was the immense clock tower; doublingas Twilight Town's only train station."Now, where's that Darkside?" She murmured, looking back to see Roxas walk up to her."No sign?" He asked, sighing, "I was sure it would be here..""Roxas!" Xion yelled pointing behind him. He turned, snapping back as he watched a towering monster rise before them. Itwas extremely built with long arms with demonic hands. Odd disjointed wings fluttered from its entirely bluish-blackbody, with a horrid mess of tentacles that made up its face."What is THAT?" Roxas exclaimed, immediately summoning his Keyblade."Our target!" Xion said, getting into a ready stance."You ready for this?"  Xion nodded once, "Yeah." 

Spoiler

Almost immediately did the Darkside slam its fist into the ground; a portal opening up and several dark creaturesclimbing out. The same color as the Darkside, these ant likes creatures clambered about, the anttenanae on their headstwitching as they raced for Roxas."I'll keep them off you! You go for our target!" Xion yelled, blasting the Shadows with blasts of ice.   Roxas nodded, rushing for the titan just as it brought its arm back up. Roxas leapt into the air, slicing theDarkside's hand repeatedly. His slices appeared to do little to no damage--his sword merely phased through the monster.It seemed to though, actually register with the Darkside, as Roxas could still feel some sort of resistance as he slicedand cut.  The monster suddenly brought its fist down, causing an electric shock-wave that knocked both Roxas and Xion back."You okay?" Roxas said, glancing at her."I'm fine. Keep going for it and I'll help as best as I can."  Roxas nodded again and reared his head to get a good look at their target. The Darkside suddenly fell to its knees(Which were oddly disproportionate to its arms) and a ray of purple light shone from the long heart-shaped hole in itschest. Orbs or sparking energy shot it and generated a pulsing hum as they went for the two. Roxas rolled, instinctivelyblocking the two orbs. He stared in amazement as they bounced back--hitting the monster that had first sent them.  This continued, with the Darkside firing more and more orbs each round. Roxas blocked them all, watching as themonster flinched back from every recoil. It made some horrid scream, standing back up and slamming a fist into theground; creating yet another shock-wave."Go, Roxas! While its head is leaned down!" Xion shouted. Roxas nodded, rushing the monster and quickly slashing at itsface. As he did, purple orbs fell down from the sky; another one of the Darkside's attacks."Come on!" Roxas shouted, striking the monster's face yet again. The Darkside faltered, lowering a bit before twistingand slamming a fist into Roxas' Keyblade. He yelped, the sword flying out of his hands and clattering to the groundsmeters away from him. It finally rested at Xion's feet, before appearing in the girl's hand. As if she had known allalong, she got into a stance similar to Roxas' battle-ready stance and charged the Darkside; slicing it diagonally.  The beast roared, raising its arms into the sky as it slammed into the ground and evaporating completely.  Xion stared at the Kingdom Key for a moment, letting it disappear before turning to see Roxas' stunned face."Woah! I didn't know you knew how to use the Keyblade!" He exclaimed, surprised. Was this Xion's weapon? The same ashis? But why hadn't she used it before..? 

Spoiler

"Yeah..neither did I. It just...appeared in my hand when it landed near me. I...knew exactly what to do the moment Ifelt its weight." Xion replied, looking down.  Roxas smiled, "You did great! In fact, I think you deserve a little something extra.""Something extra?" Xion asked."Yeah...the icing on the cake. C'mon, there's this place I'd like to show you."~<i>Day 351</i>~"That was the first day we all ate on the clock tower together." Roxas murmured, his mind finally returning from rememberingthe past."Yeah." Xion replied, her voice softer than usual, "It was. First time...I ever ate sea-salt ice cream, too.""And then they kissed." Axel murmured, smirking as he looked at the others outraged faces, "What? I'm just tellin' thetruth."  Roxas smiled and shook his head, "Always been a weirdo, Axel.""Whatever. You both know you love me." Axel said, laying back down again.  Xion sighed, her mind still in other places, "Why can't we do this more often? Sit here and reflect? Let our worriesfade away as we talk about the good times?""Yeah, all you'll do is talk about each other! What about poor Axel? Wasn't the stuff I've done with you both fun?" Axelasked, glancing at Roxas and Xion."The only one I can remember is that dumb one here you made me search for treasure." Roxas replied, "It was boring.""Was not! You were so thrilled!" Axel exclaimed, sitting back up."Yeah yeah."  Axel growled, causing an eruption of giggles and laughter from Roxas and Xion. Xion eventually sighed again. Althoughher mind wanted to think of all the good times they had...there was still...the other memories. Of desertion andfailure. The hardships they all endured.  Of course, Xion knew what was going to happen at this. After all that had happened so far...soon the three friends would be separated. Xion knew she had to leave the Organization--she couldn't trust Xemnas, nor his plans. But for Roxas' sake...she wouldn't say a thing. Her hand gripped the edge of the clock tower, momentarily looking down. Roxas and Axel were arguing still about their mission.  Xion sighed, "When did it come to this?"~<i>Day 298</i>~ 

Spoiler

"Xion." Roxas murmured, looking at the girl. Day two-hundred and ninety-eight. Roxas' mission? 'Eliminate the imposter'. Roxas had no idea who this imposter as originally, only that Saix said it was of "the utmost importance that this imposter is destroyed". Roxas didn't like the way Saix referred to the imposter. Saix didn't say kill. Killing was eliminating the living. To destroy...was to erase something that didn't live to begin with.  Roxas had gone through this mission, battling Heartless and chasing the one dressed in the Organization's cloak. And it all ended up here, in Twilight Town. Roxas had finally cornered the 'imposter', only to watch as it took of its hood to reveal a familiar face."Where...have you been?" Roxas asked, walking towards her, "Axel and I have been looking all over for you.""You have..?" Xion murmured, looking away, "Sorry.""Let's go home...if you come back voluntarily, Saix will let all this drop. He has to." Roxas replied, giving Xion a concerned look. Neither noticed Axel, leaning against a higher wall, arms crossed and looking down.  Xion looked down as Roxas continued: "I don't care what he said to you. I'll be their. Me and Axel will make sure.." Roxas said this, reaching out his hand to Xion, only for the other to suddenly step back. Roxas let out a gasp."I'll really can't." Xion replied."Why not? C'mon!" Roxas said, reaching out for her again. His arm dropped back down to his side. Xion looked down, quickly running past Roxas."Wait!" He exclaimed, quickly grabbing her arm. He let go as Xion summoned her Keyblade. She lifted the weapon, its blade pointed directly at Roxas."Enh!" She grunted, a flaming chakram slamming into her Keyblade just as she blocked it. The chakram slammed into the ground, disappearing in fire and ashes."Well hello there, Xion." A voice said, Axel walking down the steps into the alley."Axel!?" Roxas said, looking at him and then Xion. He watched with surprise as Xion charged forward and immediately started to fight with Axel. The red-head would throw his chakrams, and Xion would block and slash at him."STOP!" Roxas shouted, Xion faltering for a moment. With a quick hit to the neck, Axel easily knocked down Xion. The man lifted her limp body and hefted her over his shoulder."Xion..!" Roxas said, running after Axel, only for the other to slip into a Corridor.~Day 351~

Spoiler

Xion sighed. That was only a start to the beginning. She had left the first time for her own reasons..and yet Roxas refused to see the big picture--just what the Organization was doing behind his back. Behind everyone's backs. She looked at him sadly, watching him flail his arms around as Axel taunted him.  This would be one of the very last days they would ever come together like this.  Xion glanced down at what was left of her ice cream. Sea-salt. Salty but sweet. She licked what was left, swallowing it down and flinching. It was getting hard to swallow."I need to go." She said, quickly standing up."Xion?" Roxas said, looking up at her with concern."Ah, she's just tired. In fact, I'll probably head off too. Dreamland is calling me." Axel said, grunting as he stood up."You're always ready for sleep.." Roxas said, watching as his two friends walked to the other side of the tower to slip into a Corridor and return to the Castle.  Roxas sighed, "Well then." He murmured, "That was...weird. Is Xion okay?" It hurt him that his friends were keeping so many secrets from him. He was so often left in the dark, he didn't know who to trust."I'll ask tomorrow." He said, looking out into the sky. The never-ending twilight."That's my promise. To make my friends happy." He then added, standing up, “So no one has to run away. So everyday we can talk on this clock tower and be...friends.”  Just for a moment did Roxas smile. That was his oath.“Today was a good day...I'll write it down in my diary. Just sitting here and remembering the good times.” He said, smiling as he stepped over Xion's dropped Popsicle stick and left through a Corridor.  The winner stick remained there, laying on the clock tower. Xion's winner stick.

Dang. I was gonna make a story, but I don't think I can beat this. :(