Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Isamu Kuno

KHUX Why Chi hasn't been localized yet.

Now it's no secret that, minor as it may be, Chi does have a tie in to KH III, and square apparently thinks it's important enough to be included with 2.5, which begs the question, If Chi is so important, why isn't it being localized? Well, turns out Disney was in the process of localization, but due to financial issues plaguing their interactive division (before the release of Disney Infinity) they were forced to stop the project and shut down the division working on it. Not to fear though, Square still wants to bring it over and are currently looking for a publisher. So maybe not immediately, but there is a chance we'll see it outside of Japan.

Source:http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/16/kingdom-hearts-xchi-hasnt-released-west-yet/

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I don't think it truly matters cause KH3 will recap what we need to know in some way. Like in KH2, we were shown flashbacks and Roxas's dreams of Sora in KH, and the first time I played LH2, I didn't finish COM so eventually I learned about what happened and what I needed to know. And plus, in KH3D they gave us stories that we could read about what happened in previous games. So if X has anything important enough about KH3, then they will just tell us that information in KH3.

I don't know if I would go to the English one if they released it.  I've joined a team and I have fun chatting with them.  That's probably the greatest draw for me since I get to practice Japanese talking to be people that have the same interest to me.  

I don't know how popular these kinds of games are outside of Japan.  I do know SE also has a Fire Emblem browser game, and if you look at the yahoo game page there are others like that too (I once tried a dating game and I was cracking up.  The voice acting was so terrible xD "Senpai (long pause) the music you play (long pause) I really like it").

i was wondering way we haven't head anything yet the game is canon after all and more so it ties in with kh3. i was reduced to playing it in Japanese and it would make sense this info would release the day before more canon stories are put in daybreak town...hmmm.....

Now it's no secret that, minor as it may be, Chi does have a tie in to KH III, and square apparently thinks it's important enough to be included with 2.5, which begs the question, If Chi is so important, why isn't it being localized? Well, turns out Disney was in the process of localization, but due to financial issues plaguing their interactive division (before the release of Disney Infinity) they were forced to stop the project and shut down the division working on it. Not to fear though, Square still wants to bring it over and are currently looking for a publisher. So maybe not immediately, but there is a chance we'll see it outside of Japan.

Source:http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/16/kingdom-hearts-xchi-hasnt-released-west-yet/

Please let this be true, I really REALLY want this game! Dang Japan has to use a Yahoo account I can't even read. Who uses Yahoo anymore anyways!? X(