Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jdeib963

Win a Free KH 2.5 Japanese Copy! CONTEST

Well, I would love to post my impressions of it on the site. I suppose that would give people more of an idea of what they're in for. That could give some people who are iffy about pre-ordering the English version some more clarity about it and why it's worth being in a KH fan's collection. I also would make a video review if I won it, so that too.

Thanks for holding this contest man. It's really generous of you to do something like that.

Edited by Cucco

Eh, why not. 

Cause I can't afford the English one, and the game I've been looking forward too all year got shot to bits because of money issues I don't wish to go into here, and a Japanese one is better than none at all. 

Plus, I really want to see the Re:coded film, as I have a fondness for that game.

I'm not saying I deserve it more than anyone, but Kingdom Hearts is a very important part of my life. It's my favorite franchise of all time. I'm dying to play the Final Mix version of both KH2 & BBS and the wait to see the new content in the Re:Coded cenamatics is driving me crazy. I'm also really excited to play BBS on a big TV screen, as opposed to the tiny PSP screen. This collection consists the 2 best games in the series (in my opinion) so I'm just very excited about it. This is my most highly anticipated game of the year & I cant wait to own it. If you select me, I'd greatly appreciate it, but if not, I suppose I can wait 2 more months. Thank you.

I dont want to copy No_Heart but to be honest Kingdom Hearts is a huge part of my life. Its the series that got me into gaming back when Kingdom Hearts came out in America for the first time. I have been waiting for this game since it was announced and I would absolutely love to win this contest. This is the most generous thing I have ever seen somebody do on this site and I give you kudos sir. Anyways if I win then that would be super, but if not then that is ok, it just makes me happy to see a person actually do this for somebody. Thank you.  

Since moving to America, my japanese is getting progressively worse. I really want to start exposing myself to Japanese more so if I return I will be able to talk to my old friends more naturally. However, Japanese versions of games are very expensive in America >.<

It's been twelve years since I fell in love with the Kingdom Hearts series. It means a lot for me since it determined the way I see things and it helped me to decide what I wanted to do in the future. Since I'm not a native English speaker, I had to improve my English in order to stay tuned with the series. I started translating games like KH Re: Chain of Memories or Dream Drop Distance to Spanish. That helped me to know what I wanted to study in the future... I'm now studying English Translation at college. But, last year I thought that speaking English wasn't enough, and I decided to learn Japanese, and I've really improved since then! Although, I never got to play a game in Japanese since I it's just too expensive to import them to Europe. That's why I'm joining this contest.

Also, a Japanese copy of KH2.5 would come very handy for me since I'm partenered with a few KH sites (khworld.org among others), and it would help a lot if I could provide them with translated walkthroughs and trophy guides before the game releases on Europe.

That's all for me. Thank you for holding this contest, it's a nice gesture of you to do something like this. :)

Edited by mgmkidKH

I deserve a copy of this game because I haven't played Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, or Kingdom Hearts Recoded in awhile. I made the mistake of giving my Kingdom Hearts II away years ago when I was in high school. With Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix included in KH 2.5 then i will get a second chance at this game that first got me into the series. I also once had Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on PSP but it had custom firmware on it. I was able to download the game and be able to play it for free.

Soon my PSP's R button stopped working and I wasn't able to play the game anymore. Now the game is in KH 2.5 but it's the Final Mix Version and it's on a home console. I beat the game before on PSP and I can only imagine what it would be like to play it on a PS3. Almost a year ago I had a yard sell and sold Kingdom Hearts Recoded. I completely regret selling the game and wish I had it back in my hands right now but knowing the game has been completely remade as Cinamatic Cutscenes in KH 2.5 it will be just as good to watch the game instead of playing it.

These games are the best of the series and I would love to play them again. That's why I deserve a copy of KH2.5. I hope you pick me on October 10th. Thank You for creating this giveaway.

Edited by jorrell3946

I wouldn't say i "deserved" it, but it would be pretty cool, because me and my friend wanted a japanese Version, but something went wrong and we didn't get one :/

I never played any PS Kingdom Hearts game before. Just getting this might change my mind to getting a PS3... But it's OK. Some others deserve it more than me... But thank you very much for holding such a wonderful competition, even as someone new to this website.>W<

Edited by Timothy Ling Jit Houng

To be honest, I'm just the same as Timothy Ling Jit Houng.

I used to be like a Nobodies, don't know what to do everyday.But when Kingdom Hearts was released, It fill up my everyday life with things to do. For example, play Kingdom Hearts from morning to night, searching for latest news or drawing some characters from the Kingdom Hearts series. It is a never ending adventure.

But the thing is, I'm not allowed to online purchase because i don't have a credit card. It also hard to find a shop in my country that sells Kingdom Hearts game. So, this is why I think I deserved this Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix.

However, wish all the participants good luck. :smile:

This is gonna be a lot, but trust me, please read it... This story is 100% true and is my recollection of my experience with KH throughout the years.

My very first KH related memories were on Christmas of 2002, I remember my brother got this weird looking box and a disc with this dark shiny packaging. I noticed Donald and Goofy on the cover art and immediately pointed them out to my bro, he and I sat down on his bed and I watch him play what would become the tie that connected us as brothers...

However this is where my story goes a little dark.... You see. My grandfather was very ill. He had Parkinson's Disease, not to mention being of old age... I had noticed... That we had gone to see him more than usual. We developed a bond. Anyways... he was very ill, and unfortunately... That Christmas... He died. I was broken. As was my mom, she entered a severe depression.. I remember I would try and isolate myself within video games... And sure enough, I was holding back tears dressed in black playing CoM outside the funeral home... My mom let me play even inside, she knew it helped ease any pain I felt to see her and my family upset... I loved my grandfather so much, he died 10 years ago this Christmas.

Fast forward around the time Days released was around the time of yet another rough patch.. I was getting bullied severely, I had long hair and kids would call me a gentleman, gay, stupid, ugly, a girl.. It was horrible.. I remember having constant anxiety every morning, It got so bad I would literally pray to God the night before if they can leave me a lone for one day.. I would have certain patterns to what I thought would combat the bullies words.. I developed OCD and would constantly crack my hands as a release sort of thing.. It was bad. September 29th rolled around though... I got out of Homework club which I had to take cause the kids who were tormenting me would interfere with my school work. I got home that day and shut everything out, put my headphones on and played Days.. And let me tell you, that game numbed the pain like no other. I was constantly playing it. So much so that I nearly wiped the "A" and "B" button off my DSi!!!

Let's fast forward to current day... I'm sorry if there's more depressing stuff but hear me out please. My brother is currently ill, he has CMT (Google it) and his one of his limbs is destined to turn to the point of amputation. His leg is bending at a faster rate each day... He may be confined to a wheelchair in the next year.. My current struggles are stress related due to school, work, my brothers health, and the fact that the house me and my family lived in for 13 years is being sold and so were forced to move.

My current position is not doing so good. I wanna play one last game before I leave this house and before the enviable happens to my brother :(

This home that has held so many memories to me.. If I could pick one game it'd be Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX... Me and my brother could play again like old times upon American release :) if I could win the game id be so grateful!!! And maybe it can ease any pain for a while.. Thank you for your time :)

This is gonna be a lot, but trust me, please read it... This story is 100% true and is my recollection of my experience with KH throughout the years. My very first KH related memories were on Christmas of 2002, I remember my brother got this weird looking box and a disc with this dark shiny packaging. I noticed Donald and Goofy on the cover art and immediately pointed them out to my bro, he and I sat down on his bed and I watch him play what would become the tie that connected us as brothers...However this is where my story goes a little dark.... You see. My grandfather was very ill. He had Parkinson's Disease, not to mention being of old age... I had noticed... That we had gone to see him more than usual. We developed a bond. Anyways... he was very ill, and unfortunately... That Christmas... He died. I was broken. As was my mom, she entered a severe depression.. I remember I would try and isolate myself within video games... And sure enough, I was holding back tears dressed in black playing CoM outside the funeral home... My mom let me play even inside, she knew it helped ease any pain I felt to see her and my family upset... I loved my grandfather so much, he died 10 years ago this Christmas.Fast forward around the time Days released was around the time of yet another rough patch.. I was getting bullied severely, I had long hair and kids would call me a gentleman, gay, stupid, ugly, a girl.. It was horrible.. I remember having constant anxiety every morning, It got so bad I would literally pray to God the night before if they can leave me a lone for one day.. I would have certain patterns to what I thought would combat the bullies words.. I developed OCD and would constantly crack my hands as a release sort of thing.. It was bad. September 29th rolled around though... I got out of Homework club which I had to take cause the kids who were tormenting me would interfere with my school work. I got home that day and shut everything out, put my headphones on and played Days.. And let me tell you, that game numbed the pain like no other. I was constantly playing it. So much so that I nearly wiped the "A" and "B" button off my DSi!!!Let's fast forward to current day... I'm sorry if there's more depressing stuff but hear me out please. My brother is currently ill, he has CMT (Google it) and his one of his limbs is destined to turn to the point of amputation. His leg is bending at a faster rate each day... He may be confined to a wheelchair in the next year.. My current struggles are stress related due to school, work, my brothers health, and the fact that the house me and my family lived in for 13 years is being sold and so were forced to move. My current position is not doing so good. I wanna play one last game before I leave this house and before the enviable happens to my brother :( This home that has held so many memories to me.. If I could pick one game it'd be Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX... Me and my brother could play again like old times upon American release :) if I could win the game id be so grateful!!! And maybe it can ease any pain for a while.. Thank you for your time :)

that was an exelent passage i feel for you and i hope your bro gets better and i hope you win the game :) Edited by liamaru

I love Kingdom Hearts because of how you combine the magic of Disney, and the Final Fantasy Universe, as well as staple characters, and make something special. Kingdom Hearts has made learn what it means to love a game series, and being a part of a gigantic community of fans. Kingdom Hearts is just incredible, nough said.

Now, when people say they "deserve" it's kind of not right, cause listen I know there's someone out there that love this more than me. Gaming is hobby I'm happy I never gave up.

Edited by Jsmoove1245

How do I Know Kingdom Hearts? My Big brother showed me What Kingdom Hearts was when I was little, thanks to him I started playing it and followed all the new games, and now today im the biggest Kingdom Hearts Fan of The Netherlands, thanks to my Brother!

My brother works for the Dutch Air Force, and last week he has been send out (If i pronounce that good in English?)  To Mali in order to stabilize the boundaries and defend them! He will be there for a half year! 

Of course im very proud of him, and it would be a great way to show my proud to Win this for him!

So.. Do I Deserve this? No...But my brother does!

Yes he has a PS3 There hihi 

Edited by lars1080

Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of KH, of KH13, my brothers,

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when I don't get 2.5 HD JP

when we forsake our friends in our hearts

and break all bonds of fellowship, 

but it is not this day.

An hour of heartless and shattered keyblades,

when the age of light comes crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day I GET 2.5 PLS

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand TO GET ME 2.5 PLS Men of the KH13!!!

i didn't steal this no way

I know I probably won't win the contest, mostly because I am a longtime reader like yourself and just recently joined, (Fingers Crossed, knock on wood I do win by some strange chance) but I do like stories!!! :)

I'm sorry that this is a long story and wasn't exactly the short paragraph you were looking for, but I hope you read it and enjoy!

Anyways, my story begins in Summer 2012. My best friend, Nick, was highly anticipating the release of Dream Drop Distance. He would come over my house everyday during that Summer and he'd watch all the trailers over and over aha. He wanted to get me into the series, but for some reason I just didn't see it in the beginning.

Then suddenly, in one faithful day in July, he lent me a copy of the first Kingdom Hearts for PS2. At first I didn't really play it, but whenever he asked if I played it I would tell him "yeah it's pretty good". I did that for like a week or so and felt bad, so I decided to give the game a shot. Nick had already done Destati and Destiny Islands for me, so I was just roaming Traverse Town my first time playing..... Lemme tell ya, it was actually more fun then I was expecting. That same night, my little cousin Tommy was over and was watching me play. He said he saw trailers of the game and it looked "okay". Then, as I save the game after the Leon Battle, My grandmom knocks on the door and informs my dad that my brother and cousin had gotten arrested because him and my cousin Jimmy snuck out and ran over some dude while they were drunk.... I won't forget that night, everybody was up all night worrying. so much that we even went to Church that morning. All I could think of was the Traverse Town theme playing in my head, it was so catchy at the time. 

Anyways, it took me the whole month of August 2012 to beat KH1. Over time, the story of the game just kept on drawing me even more and more into it. No game's done that in A WHILE. Also, for me, it was one of the hardest experiences I had playing a video game. I found just about every boss hard. I found the collosseum  match in the beginning of the game difficult, that lion head at Agrabrah made me go nuts, and it took me about a week to beat the first Ursula battle in the cave. Then somehow, during my first try fighting Ansem-Riku, I beat him on my first try. All I remember saying after I beat him was "whew, good battle". The moment afterwards killed me, where Sora freed his heart to bring Kairi back. I was speechless during the rest of the Hallow Bastion World. Then fighting Final Ansem was so exciting for me, I NEVER felt any more of an excitement fighting a boss. I only died once (inside the darkness saving Donald). When I beat the game, I was just like "Wow. That game was long, and it was incredible". I was yearning for more and to see where the story was gonna go. I was hooked to the series. 

Before moving onto playing Kingdom Hearts 2, news had broke out that my mom had liver failure. Things for me were a bit depressing at the time. And just for some odd reason, every time I went to 100 Acre Wood, I'd think of her and cry. I still don't know why, just something about Winnie the Pooh reminds me heavily of my mother. I don't live with her or see her much, so putting two and two together made me feel really depressed. I actually quite liked the Winnie the Pooh stages (despite not being able to beat them for a while), they were a nice break from fighting heartless 24/7. Whenever I was in the hospital room and mom was talking away to somebody else, I would just watch KH2 trailers and get hyped to play that soon. I used to show it to my brother all the time, and he'd just never like it. I don't understand why he doesn't like KH. He never even tried the game and thinks it's terrible.....

Now back to my adventure playing through the games, I already bought KH2 before beating KH1, so I got to playing that once the whole moms liver failure thing began to settle down..But then an issue occurred to me: My PS2 was breaking my discs with the circle scratch. It took me two copies of KH2 to realize that. I didn't get to play the game/continue the game for a month or so, until Nick, my best friend, sold me his ps2 for $40. It costed me $80 to get to play KH2. And in the end, it was worth it. I thought it was incredible my first time playing it. I loved EVERYTHING. I didn't get to play Re:COM until later on after I beated KH2, (and I did research important bits of the story before I got to Soras Awakening) Seeing the moment where Goofy "dies" chocked me up quite alot. I was like HOLY SH** I GOTTA KEEP PLAYING (I was playing it late at night on a School day!) And that final boss battle took my breath away. Amazing Music, and an overall amazing battle. I was very content.

Now I was like "Well what do I do now?". So I decided to play BBS, after my friend Nick just lent me his copy of the game (he didn't like it). I found it to be pretty good, and it took me a while to beat all 3 of their stories. I started off with Ventus, then Terra, and then Aqua. I liked Ventus' story the most for nostalgic reasons, but I did like Terra's too. After I beat Ventus' story I eventually bought DDD, 358/2 Days, RE:COM, and Re:Coded (which I never beat, datascape felt like a waste to me). My time playing these games were nostalgic, I would play them waiting for a friend to get home from school at their house, in school in the bathrooms, and in-bed every night.

Also during this time, my friend Sal was watching me and Nick get into the series and he eventually got into it too. We were all Kingdom Hearts fans, and it was probably one of my fondest times hanging out with the both of them. During sleepovers with Sal, he'd play Vanitas' Final Boss theme in his basement while we would always get popeyes or Guzzlers (some kind of juice Rite-Aid used to sell), and we'd always talk about KH. One time he even bought us a Sora and Roxas necklace. Amazing times. It's so weird to think that those are my last fond memories of hanging out with Sal. He was one of my earliest childhood friends, and seeing what he turned into just hurt. (Long story short, he got caught up in the wrong crowd) Me and Sal would also just listen to Lazy Afternoons all the time in his room thinking about what we were gonna do the next day. It was just so calm and relaxing. Great times. I can also remember when I was stuck at the Colliseum, Nick came over and tried helping me with it. I remember Nick jumping up in Goofy's voice saying "WE DID IT!" in a goofy voice aha..... Those were great times.

Me and my friends Nick and Sal were great friends in 2012, for probably the last time, because of Kingdom Hearts. If it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts, I don't think 2012 would have been a good year for me at all. I don't think me and my friends Nick and Sal would have ever been as close as we were that year. It affected my life in so many ways. Me and Sal became closer friends then we were at the time, me and Nick had a really awesome interest in common which helped us with making our gaming youtube channel, and we all had one general thing we loved. We used to always compare each other to characters and stuff. Nick and Sal looked at me as Sora because of my upbeat attitude and brown long hair, while Nick was more like Riku since he was more built, and Sal was more like Roxas or Ventus since he had the hair like theirs. We even used to call each other those names sometimes. You could say, Kingdom Hearts is what tied all three of us together for one last time. Before one of us would break lose...... And fall into the darkness. Me and Nick though, are still best friends and do fun things together all the time. But without Sal, it just isn't the same.

Of course right now, things aren't really like that anymore. They all moved onto liking different things, and I can't really consider myself friends with Sal these days. But I never gave up on KH. I'm still hooked on it. The feeling I had playing the first and second games were just amazing. Unforgettable experiences in my book. The rest of the games had mass nostalgia to them, but none of them could top what KH1 and KH2 did to me. (DDD comes close to it though) I will always love Kingdom Hearts. I eagerly await Kingdom Hearts 3 and cannot wait to see more gameplay or trailers coming from it. I STILL check youtube every morning and every night for updates on Kingdom Hearts. I've never been so hooked onto a game series my entire life. I've listened to the soundtrack everyday since 2012. I still fantasize about going on an amazing Keyblade Journey that involved saving my friends (including Sal). Heck, I have a life-sized keyblade hung up in my room! I keep trying to go out as an Organization XIII Member or Sora for Halloween but either I don't have the money for it or my dad always thinks the costumes are too girly. I'm 16 years old right now and I want to go out as Sora from KH2 BADLY. I got all of the physical features down to go out as him, all I need is a darn costume! 

Anyways, before I get off-topic, I guess the reason why I feel I should have a japanese version of the game, is because I pretty much love Kingdom Hearts, and I would love to do a walkthrough or Lets Play of the game on me and Nick's Youtube channel. We both love the series but I have such a passion for it that I hope having a japanese copy would help get Nick back into the series like we used to be, and help tie bonds together with Sal for at least one last time.....

Anyways, if you actually read this entire thing, thank you. :) This was actually a really good way to post my experience playing the games and how it's affected my life in the most glamorous of ways. I hope you decide who the winner is wisely and have a nice day. Good luck to everybody who has posted!  

Edited by SolidSnake

I guess why I deserve the copy is because of the amazment I've gotten when I first played Kingdom Hearts 2? I've never really played a game like Kingdom Hearts until I've seen my cousins play it and it was amazing. I guess why I deserve it is because KH 2.5 is really awesome and makes me want to cry. Some things that I love about this series is that it's not like others. It has a variety of platforms to play but mainly Sony. The series also is VERY long and VERY awesome. I hope I can win this, but whoever does gets a congratulations!

I love kingdom Hearts. Ever since I saw the first trailer, I was hooked. However I feel a stronger connection with Kingdom Hearts II. I feel like an Organization member, I know what it’s like to be void of any feeling. The thought of having your identity, ripped from you and left an empty shell. Ever since I was a little boy, I loved the Batman villain Mr. Freeze. Since I was 4 years old, that’s all I wanted to be, I wanted to be a doctor in cryogenics. I collected anything Mr. Freeze, and had such high ambitions. Throughout grade school I was bullied and picked on for my dream.  I thought college would be my moment to shine, however all my classes were difficult, nor did they have any use in pre-med. I had to abandon my dream for just biology after 6 years and using up almost all my loans. I’m on my 7th year and I’m on the edge of both nearing graduation and possibly staying longer. During this whole mess I lost a few relatives to cancer, and my parents’ house to foreclosure, and had to move to an apartment. Last January, my dad hurt his knee and we continue to fight workman’s comp. Whether I deserve the Japanese version of KH 2.5 or not, all I know is that this video game and the other video games that were part of my childhood. Kingdom Hearts II was probably my favorite in the series and my favorite game overall. I loved it so much I wouldn’t care it’s in Japanese. Playing video games is not just a hobby but an escape from the problems that we all have.

Well, I don't deserve it, to be honest. But its obvious I want it. The thought a playing a completed version of arguably the best games in the series gives me an unmeasurable amount of excitement. I don't have the money to buy this game on my own, but to see it, right near my grasp, unobtainable, is excruciating.

To tell you the truth, I was like many other people upon hearing the concept of this series. "A s***** fan-fiction between Disney and Final Fantasy". I love this series because it took something that everyone would probably think of as some fan-fiction BS, and made into the overarching, extensive plot we know today. Not only that but the gameplay is just...interesting. It's not afraid to try new things, no matter the backlash or hate. The story is truly the biggest driving force for me. Who would thought that a story that used to be about a boy travelling to other worlds with a key shaped sword, would turn into what we have now (to avoid spoilers)? I never thought I would ever officially say this, but it's no doubt that Kingdom Hearts is my favorite video game series of all time. No exaggerating, no sugarcoating. That's the straight up truth.

Edited by FinalXemnas

I deserve this copy cause I'm a huge fan of the series and have been for years. I played the first game and was blown away. The second one blew me away even more. I'll always love the Kingdom Hearts series and I think it's awesome that your doing this! I've already entered two other contests, but failed at both. :( I've always loved the characters, gameplay, keyblades, villains... Everything. I'm the biggest Kingdom Hearts fan I know! I nearly fainted when KH3 was announced! In my opinion, it's truly the best game ever and wouldn't be the same without Disney and Square. Just like this website wouldn't be the same without you and your generosity. Please choose me! But good luck to whoever wins!! 

Edited by soravids