Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

FFXV designer accepts Xenoblade X fan's challenge

Posted Image

TiduLaugh.mp4

If I'm honest, there is probably no way they could do that. Most of their games as of late have been considered, in terms of story anyway, complete flops, and are only steadily growing worse. If they can even scratch the surface of Monolith's storytelling abilities, they would have with FF13/FF14/14RReborn, and have not. Monolith has consistently put out at least decent, if not great plot lines and unique ideas for a while now, matching that would take a lot of work. Surpassing it would be incredible.

TiduLaugh.mp4If I'm honest, there is probably no way they could do that. Most of their games as of late have been considered, in terms of story anyway, complete flops, and are only steadily growing worse. If they can even scratch the surface of Monolith's storytelling abilities, they would have with FF13/FF14/14RReborn, and have not. Monolith has consistently put out at least decent, if not great plot lines and unique ideas for a while now, matching that would take a lot of work. Surpassing it would be incredible.

Nojima didn't write those games.

Nojima didn't write those games.

Dosen't particularly matter, if they could have done it they would have. No ifs, ands, or buts. The lead written isn't the only writter.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X will wind up being the better game. Don't get me wrong I will get both FF XV and XCX. But I just think that X will end up being a lot more interesting as far as gameplay goes and story. Even though FF XV's story looks pretty interesting. I'm just a bit skeptical with how SE will handle the plot in that game given their recent track record with the newer FF games.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X will wind up being the better game. Don't get me wrong I will get both FF XV and XCX. But I just think that X will end up being a lot more interesting as far as gameplay goes and story. Even though FF XV's story looks pretty interesting. I'm just a bit skeptical with how SE will handle the plot in that game given their recent track record with the newer FF games.

It's a completely different team to XIII and XIV....

You play XIV?

Did you like the story of VII? VIII? X? X-2? KH1? KH2? Advent Children? Crisis Core? Smash Bros Brawl?

Lol I've played those games and from what I've sen XIV seems kinda like a boring MMO in my opinion. But I did play the other games you've mention as well as seen FF: Advent Children movie.

Lol I've played those games and from what I've sen XIV seems kinda like a boring MMO in my opinion. But I did play the other games you've mention as well as seen FF: Advent Children movie.

Well Nojima was the scenario writer for VII, VIII, X, X-2, KH1, KH2, Advent Children, Crisis Core and Smash Bros Brawl. And now he's writing FFXV.

Well Nojima was the scenario writer for VII, VIII, X, X-2, KH1, KH2, Advent Children, Crisis Core and Smash Bros Brawl. And now he's writing FFXV.

Dosen't sound too promising to me. KH1/2 were his best titles, IMO. The others were OK.

This lead writer is an absolute legend though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazushige_Nojima And if you want to bring up the other writers, they didn't write for XIII or XIV.

I don't care if your a legend or not. Legends can be failures as well. Hell, some forge "legends" out of being such colossal failure, in fact. The current track record for FF games has been poor, and has shown no positive growth in years. As such, the odds are against them. Furthermore, your comparing them to Monolith Software, a company known for their games being nearly completely story driven, with multiple very successful stories and very few failures as of late. They have a whole team of strong writers who can tell each-other when something is right or wrong, and develop the plot as a whole more effecently as well. As it goes, FF15 has been choking in development hell, the company overall has had a rough time developing good storylines, and their characters overall have sucked for a while. Lighting is basically a clone of Cloud with Dress Up options.

I don't care if your a legend or not. Legends can be failures as well. Hell, some forge "legends" out of being such colossal failure, in fact. The current track record for FF games has been poor, and has shown no positive growth in years. As such, the odds are against them. Furthermore, your comparing them to Monolith Software, a company known for their games being nearly completely story driven, with multiple very successful stories and very few failures as of late. They have a whole team of strong writers who can tell each-other when something is right or wrong, and develop the plot as a whole more effecently as well. As it goes, FF15 has been choking in development hell, the company overall has had a rough time developing good storylines, and their characters overall have sucked for a while. Lighting is basically a clone of Cloud with Dress Up options.

Yeah, that's why X/X-2 HD Remaster is one of the highest selling HD collections of all time and FFXIV: ARR is doing extremely well.

Yeah, XV was in development hell that's why they kicked Nomura off the project and since then things have been going very well.

Well good to know. Let's hope he makes a good story for FF XV. I want it to be one of the greatest stories ever.

Edited by Tails

Well that's your opinion. All of these titles were very well received and sold very well.

Selling dosen't show quality of a game. Some people are die hard fans of a series and will buy the game no mater what. A lot of Final Fantasy fans are like this, they will play any game with FF tacked onto the cover and not care about if it's worthwile. Brawl's plot was sort of sub-par, and mixing sub-par story with very little speaking makes it sort of meh. Smash is a series that has already established a huge fan base as well that didn't really need a story to buy the game, so regardless of having one, most people probably picked it up because it's Smash, and Smash is a fun party game.Seven is overhyped, 8 I rarely hear about, I hear 10 and 10-2 used as jokes far too often, Advent is a movie and shouldn't be considered, Crisis Core was OK. Square Enix use to be King of RPG, but 7 came around and was sort of the tipping point in the series of Final Fantasy that made it sort of downward spiral. Now there is sort of a new king emerging, who can direct plot and generate a great story and tell it well. Their name is Monolith. And at this rate, Monolith won't even have to work to be in the throne, it will walk in and crush SE's chair into dust because it's so big.And if I may say, it's sad.Final Fantasy use to be an exelent series, filled with dynamic characters and amazing storytelling. What happened to that? What happened to the Square we use to have? The one what gave me KH2, that sparked my love of gaming, that made world's that people loved and truly enjoyed? As much as I love Monolith, without someone there to put up a fight, I fear they will, too, suffer like SE has and begin to drop the ball on story as they become a bigger and better company as they have no real compediters. That's what happened to Square: they got so big and inflated that they gave up on making good games. How many of us, regardless of if it's good or not, will pick up KH3? I probably will be because I enjoy the series so much, and a large number of people will as well. Square banks on our love of the series and our wanting to see every last bit of it. And I think it's sad. Edited by Guest

Selling dosen't show quality of a game. Some people are die hard fans of a series and will buy the game no mater what. A lot of Final Fantasy fans are like this, they will play any game with FF tacked onto the cover and not care about if it's worthwile. Brawl's plot was sort of sub-par, and mixing sub-par story with very little speaking makes it sort of meh. Smash is a series that has already established a huge fan base as well that didn't really need a story to buy the game, so regardless of having one, most people probably picked it up because it's Smash, and Smash is a fun party game.Seven is overhyped, 8 I rarely hear about, I hear 10 and 10-2 used as jokes far too often, Advent is a movie and shouldn't be considered, Crisis Core was OK.Square Enix use to be King of RPG, but 7 came around and was sort of the tipping point in the series of Final Fantasy that made it sort of downward spiral. Now there is sort of a new king emerging, who can direct plot and generate a great story and tell it well. Their name is Monolith. And at this rate, Monolith won't even have to work to be in the throne, it will walk in and crush SE's chair into dust because it's so big.And if I may say, it's sad.Final Fantasy use to be an exelent series, filled with dynamic characters and amazing storytelling. What happened to that? What happened to the Square we use to have? The one what gave me KH2, that sparked my love of gaming, that made world's that people loved and truly enjoyed? As much as I love Monolith, without someone there to put up a fight, I fear they will, too, suffer like SE has and begin to drop the ball on story as they become a bigger and better company as they have no real compediters. That's what happened to Square: they got so big and inflated that they gave up on making good games. How many of us, regardless of if it's good or not, will pick up KH3? I probably will be because I enjoy the series so much, and a large number of people will as well. Square banks on our love of the series and our wanting to see every last bit of it. And I think it's sad.

VII started a downhill spiral? LOL. Most people would disagree with you. VII, IX and X are some of the most popular JRPGs of all time. VII and X were voted by the Japanese as their favourite PlayStation games for the 20th anniversary of PlayStation.

And Monolith? Lol. Their new game will be lucky to sell a million copies.

You play XIV?

Did you like the story of VII? VIII? X? X-2? KH1? KH2? Advent Children? Crisis Core? Smash Bros Brawl?

Well in Smash Bros Brawl they got him from Square to direct the cutscenes not so much write the story cuz it's barely there

VII was awesome

VIII was awful

X was good

X-2 was atrocious

Well in Smash Bros Brawl they got him from Square to direct the cutscenes not so much write the story cuz it's barely there

VII was awesome

VIII was awful

X was good

X-2 was atrocious

I thought it was the gameplay you didn't like in VIII?

VII started a downhill spiral? LOL. Most people would disagree with you. VII, IX and X are some of the most popular JRPGs of all time. VII and X were voted by the Japanese as their favourite PlayStation games for the 20th anniversary of PlayStation. And Monolith? Lol. Their new game will be lucky to sell a million copies.

96, did you not read my post? Popularity and buys don't mean shit in terms of quality. It's quality that means quality. And most of the recent games lack quality. They look pretty and have stale characters who are one-dimensional that live in one-dimensional worlds. If you have a large enough fan base that will always defend their games no matter if they are good or not, no duh you get millions saying it's good. People don't want to be wrong, plane and simple.When it came out, Xenoblade was praised by multiple professional reviewers, stating it was a breath of fresh air, that is was one of the greatest RPG's in recent history with a great plot and well-done gameplay, and it was done on a console with very weak parts. In comparison, the newer generation FF games have come out and reviewers of the same vein say it's "just another final fantasy title". Nothing new, or inventive or special. Nothing that makes it stand out as a great. I've played bits and pieces of multiple final fantasy's as of late, and even watched and read over the plots of a few of them, and they are monstrous in terms of poor decisions in story, and poor character personalities all across the board and all felt incredibly liner and boring. And you know what? They were done on a system that could handle more than a Wii could. A game is about the fun to be had with it and the story behind it in RPG's, and it dosen't feel like any fun was had when making the recent FF's, where as in Xenoblade alone, it feels like the developers had fun with it, and it transfers to the story and gameplay and area design. It dosen't look pretty in terms of looking hyper HD. It dosen't have a direct to plot. It dose have a vast world that feels alive! It dose have a brilliant art style and area design! It looks and plays very fun, the characters are fleshed out, even so far as to having true likes and dislikes, so much so that there are achievements for giving items to that character they like very much or dislike greatly! Hell, the smallest character avalable has the most HP in the game off the bat for christ's sake! It makes no sense but it's done to be fun! Not everything has to make sense about a character, not everything has to fit in the box, and they don't! The lead character is a nerd teenager who is generally considered frail, and then he grows into something more because he is who he damn is! Not because the world needed saving (though it dose in the end) but because he wanted to move on and do what was needed for him to be at peace, ad then from there grows to desire peace for everyone! How many characters go from wanting to destroy for revenge and revenge alone to caring about everything and everyone they encounter, and wanting to destroy the enemy because he dosen't want to see anyone hurt anymore? How many? And on the subject of characters, the team consists of: four humans, two of which are what you would expect your RPG main protagonist to be, one who is a stalwart experienced hero and the other a cocky punk with a lot of muscle. You know how they change? The stalwart hero hasn't got a nice side, he is all about logic and correctness, but he develops a nicer set of words after a major confrontation, becoming more able to forgive and do more human-like things. The cocky punk? He mellows out a bit, understands his role, becomes more worldy-wise, mor confident but not in a cocky sort of way, he becomes less emotional and more solid, providing himself to be a more balanced human. The other two are the main who I talked about, and a medic who has to deal with the stress of protecting and entire colony of survivors from an attack, who always had a lot of fear of everything being so dangerous, and having to struggle with the loss of her own loved one. She grows to be a song and dependable person, one that can handle herself in stressful situations and like some of the others becomes more solid as a person. She learns to not take everything so dreadfulky, and to take charge herself instead of relying on others to win. Next we have a half bird half human who was shelter her whole life and was raised as a prim and proper princess, and she grows to be courageous, self-aware, she learns to loosen up and relax a bit, but keep herself like who she is. She dosen't distance herself like she had in the past and becomes like the others more human. Next (and although not the last, I will not be discussing seven as it is a spoiler) is a little fuzz ball who sort of dosen't grow, but instead shows more of himself every time. In the begining, he starts out being just your over-the-top super excited support guy. But later he shows he is wise, clever, strong, he shows he can see what others are thinking and feeling and knows how to not only help them, but do so without interfering with their lives too much. He is caring, loving, and although very self absorbed, also very group absorbed. He is observent, and is more than just your average overconfident support tank. And although they earn these trates, it dosen't change how they are as a person. They still crack jokes and still understand the situation they are in. They still have their cockyness or killer instinct, but also show their new trates and let them also be part of how they approach something. If you can't call that a cast of characters who is colorful, but unified and strong with their own dynamics and personality trates.Where as most of the characters never grow or improve in FF as of late, they all fit a cookie cutter and come out of the mass-production oven with no care taken in making them. As of late, FF is turning into a factoy-produced product, Final Fantasy is like a brand of cereal or bread at this point, pumped out quickly for cash of the people who just look for the brand name and care little of everything else. The company dosen't care if their cereal is a good quality cereal that is good for you. They care about making you addicted to it, and to make you want to buy it again and again and again. And some people never wise up to it.Dont mind my rant being too much longer, it's nearly over.As I said, the quality is the true test. A large portion of people my age buys snap-back hats and wear their pants low, but that don't mean it's a good thing. It just means it's a thing. Judge quality over quantity when it cones to having a better game.Also, mind you, with the extreme hype thst has been drummed up alone for the series through it's first game, famous people playing it and showing off how good it is, the Nintendo Directs with huge coverage over it, an incredibly well-known composer working on its soundtrack, and more, it will likely get over that milion milestone mark. Just because it's not Square doSE not mean it automatically sucks.

VII started a downhill spiral? LOL. Most people would disagree with you. VII, IX and X are some of the most popular JRPGs of all time. VII and X were voted by the Japanese as their favourite PlayStation games for the 20th anniversary of PlayStation.

Lol you say that Monoloth Soft's game won't sell a million copies just because they aren't a huge company yet Xenoblade Chronicles is considered one of the greatest video games ever made. You seriously need to try out some of these 3rd party games from Nintendo and see for yourself. You're really missing out.

I thought it was the gameplay you didn't like in VIII?

Not just the gameplay,aside from the stupid junction system and the Triple Triad mini-game that you have yo do an ungodly amount of times,the story is full of plotholes and it;s all over the place

When was it ever that the quality of a game was determined by sales?

Sales are mostly the result of hyping and advertising,even the worst of games can sell with enough hyping and marketing(See Assassin's Creed Unity)

You can get sales regardless if your game was good or bad 

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa