Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

Addressing Rumors: Kingdom Hearts III was not listed for Nintendo NX by EB Games AU

Really hope the people stop trolling of this game because I love KingdomHearts lotattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Same here! Unfortunately some people get a kick out creating false excitement within bigger fandoms like this.But we always do our best to make sure the news we're delivering to you guys is 100% accurate because it is very rough when people get excited about something that turns out to be false. 

If they were ever going to put KH3 on the NX, they honestly would have waited two more years before we even got a teaser trailer. Anybody asking for it to be ported to the NX is just unknowingly asking for it to either be delayed or mangled as heck. If Square was into porting games a year or two later after their initial release I'd understand, but I don't usually see them doing that either, unless the HD ReMIXes actually get ported over to PS4 and XBox One like everyone is asking for. :P

It's fake. Thank god. Don't need them lowering down to a less powerful system than the PS4 and XBONE.

Amen!

NX port after the original release is fine though but it seemed fake anyway.

NX port rumours but no PC mention? Square plz.

Edited by Shinobi Bacon and Eggs

If they were ever going to put KH3 on the NX, they honestly would have waited two more years before we even got a teaser trailer. Anybody asking for it to be ported to the NX is just unknowingly asking for it to either be delayed or mangled as heck. If Square was into porting games a year or two later after their initial release I'd understand, but I don't usually see them doing that either, unless the HD ReMIXes actually get ported over to PS4 and XBox One like everyone is asking for. :P

It's not going to be hypothetically delayed if it was ported onto the Nintendo NX because Square Enix had the NX dev kits before the Kingdom Hearts III E3 2015 trailer was shown.

It's fake. Thank god. Don't need them lowering down to a less powerful system than the PS4 and XBONE.

:dry: Look, the NX is a device that will be released for 2017. The PS4 and Xbox One were released during 2013. How in the world does that conclude that the Nintendo NX will be weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One? You have no proof whatsoever that the Nintendo NX will be weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One.

Edited by Guest

It's not going to be hypothetically delayed if it was ported onto the Nintendo NX because Square Enix had the NX dev kits before the Kingdom Hearts III E3 2015 trailer was shown.

:dry: Look, the NX is a device that will be released for 2017. The PS4 and Xbox One were released during 2013. How in the world does that conclude that the Nintendo NX will be weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One? You have no proof whatsoever that the Nintendo NX will be weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One.

But did they ever say that they had them? And even if it was like a few months before the trailer, that'd still be cutting it close, what matters is whether it would be able to handle the Unreal 4 engine or not, and so far there are a lot of unknowns.

But did they ever say that they had them? And even if it was like a few months before the trailer, that'd still be cutting it close, what matters is whether it would be able to handle the Unreal 4 engine or not, and so far there are a lot of unknowns.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/9057139/dragon-quest-10-11-nintendo-nx-ps4-3ds

Yes they did confirm that they had NX dev kits indirectly. The Dragon Quest NX news announcement was confirmation that they had the dev kits. The person who made that announcenent gone against the non-disclosure agreement that Nintendo made with Square Enix. And yet again, this is a device that will be released in 2017. The Nintendo Wii U was released in 2012. That's a five year difference in technological capabilities so it's expected that the NX can run Unreal Engine 4.

I mean, it was obviously fake anyway. With KH3 still in its core development, there would be no reason for Square Enix to inform retailers of an NX release in its current state (that is, if they were planning to release it for the NX in the first place). Square Enix was an early receiver of the NX development kits, so if they were going to release it for the NX, they would have said it by now. It's not like it's a huge announcement meant for places like E3 or TGS.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/9057139/dragon-quest-10-11-nintendo-nx-ps4-3ds

Yes they did confirm that they had NX dev kits indirectly. The Dragon Quest NX news announcement was confirmation that they had the dev kits. The person who made that announcenent gone against the non-disclosure agreement that Nintendo made with Square Enix. And yet again, this is a device that will be released in 2017. The Nintendo Wii U was released in 2012. That's a five year difference in technological capabilities so it's expected that the NX can run Unreal Engine 4.

Don't you think they would have at least gone public with the "fact" that the game will be on the NX by now if they were doing it? Only a handful of games have been confirmed for it so far, and those were games that were just recently announced. It'd honestly be a waste of time and resources to try and catch up the NX crowd to this, especially when it just honestly doesn't feel like they've been working on it to me. Things just don't add up for me. Plus keep in mind, just because they may have had the capability to do it at the time, it doesn't mean that they chose to do it. They may have been giving the dev kits but still decided to use them on other projects other than KH3 that haven't gotten as much spotlight yet. It's like several people were saying, since they were early receivers of the dev kits, if they had ever planned on releasing this on the NX, they would have said they were a long time ago. An NDA is one thing, but it honestly would make no sense to keep it a secret that you're also developing this game on a third platform when you could instead have the possibility of building up a potential consumer demographic by being forward about it. The only way this silence makes sense is if they never planned on putting it on the NX in the first place and thus have nothing to say on the matter. It's no longer a question of whether they hypothetically could or not, it's a matter of whether they even wanted to in the first place and are even willing to do so now.

Don't you think they would have at least gone public with the "fact" that the game will be on the NX by now if they were doing it? 

No. Again, Square Enix are in a NDA and the Dragon Quest announcement was an accidental break of that announcement at that time. Besides, there’s December’s event that’s going to provide new Kingdom Hearts III footage. I can guarantee you that the NX logo will be shown then.

Only a handful of games have been confirmed for it so far, and those were games that were just recently announced. 

Yeah, and the list of those games will slowly increase and Kingdom Hearts III will be one of them.

It'd honestly be a waste of time and resources to try and catch up the NX crowd to this, especially when it just honestly doesn't feel like they've been working on it to me. 

And you know this how? Kingdom Hearts III was literally announced when the PlayStation 4 was introduced. Plus, Kingdom Hearts III was only out on Xbox One because it was a recently revealed console. The Nintendo NX falls into that category. It’s smart business practice to have as many console releases as possible to maximise market share in the overall console market. 

Things just don't add up for me. Plus keep in mind, just because they may have had the capability to do it at the time, it doesn't mean that they chose to do it. They may have been giving the dev kits but still decided to use them on other projects other than KH3 that haven't gotten as much spotlight yet.

You do realise that, before the PlayStation 1, Final Fantasy’s home was on the NES/SNES right? Square Enix have the dev kits first for a reason. Nintendo wants the Square Enix established franchises to consist for the Nintendo NX software lineup. Kingdom Hearts III falls under that category of established franchise. 

It's like several people were saying, since they were early receivers of the dev kits, if they had ever planned on releasing this on the NX, they would have said they were a long time ago. An NDA is one thing, but it honestly would make no sense to keep it a secret that you're also developing this game on a third platform when you could instead have the possibility of building up a potential consumer demographic by being forward about it. 

That’s not how marketing works mate… Plus, I really don’t think you know the technicalities of NDA: A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement (SA), is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects non-public business information.

And a potential consumer demographic cannot be built because Nintendo Kingdom Hearts fans have already been pre-established through 358/2 Days, Re: Coded and Dream Drop Distance. Therefore, what you either meant to say is “furthering current Nintendo consumer interest” or “creating a new market share”. It makes perfect sense for Kingdom Hearts III to be in wraps until the console is revealed, because then, the NDA is broken and Tetsuya Nomura/Tai Yasue have free reign to indulge in why Kingdom Hearts III is on the Nintendo NX without being too cryptic.

The only way this silence makes sense is if they never planned on putting it on the NX in the first place and thus have nothing to say on the matter. It's no longer a question of whether they hypothetically could or not, it's a matter of whether they even wanted to in the first place and are even willing to do so now.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, because again, NDA. Plus, promotion at this point is entirely focused upon 2.8. We didn’t have any news for Kingdom Hearts III during E3 so this makes this particular comment even more void. If there is no NX logo by the time December comes then I’ll agree with the perspective you're trying to make, but until then, I firmly believe this game is being confidentially built for the NX. Square Enix are not “wasting time” in porting it to the NX because there’s no definitive release year. Plus, it’d be stupid on a business not to maximise as much of the console market share with a game that’s as anticipated as Kingdom Hearts III.

Edited by Guest

No. Again, Square Enix are in a NDA and the Dragon Quest announcement was an accidental break of that announcement at that time. Besides, there’s December’s event that’s going to provide new Kingdom Hearts III footage. I can guarantee you that the NX logo will be shown then.

Yeah, and the list of those games will slowly increase and Kingdom Hearts III will be one of them.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, because again, NDA. Plus, promotion at this point is entirely focused upon 2.8. We didn’t have any news for Kingdom Hearts III during E3 so this makes this particular comment even more void. If there is no NX logo by the time December comes then I’ll agree with the perspective you're trying to make, but until then, I firmly believe this game is being confidentially built for the NX. Square Enix are not “wasting time” in porting it to the NX because there’s no definitive release year. Plus, it’d be stupid on a business not to maximise as much of the console market share with a game that’s as anticipated as Kingdom Hearts III.

I'm going to hold you to all that.

Look, here's my perspective: Nothing has been officially said on this. That makes it non-news, it's all speculative. And I don't buy into non-news until either A) an official statement on the matter is given, or B) a reliable source comes up with some solid concrete evidence to support their claims.

You can try and back up the idea as much as you want, but it's all just speculation, and I don't view you as a "credible source", so unless Square is going to come forward soon and say something or a repeatedly reliable source gives some solid leads, I'm not going to be swayed one way or the other. I admire your optimism, but that only convinces me that you really believe in this idea, it's not going to convince me of the idea itself until those requirements I mentioned are met. IF it turns out that they are doing it, then fine, terrific, more options, more audience, screw that whole "centralize the series to one console" idea (which only makes the Xbox One idea even weirder to me), Kingdom Hearts III for everybody whether they've had access to all the previous important games in the series or not. But until then, as far as I'm concerned it's only on the PS4 and Xbox One. And that's where I stand. 

I'm going to hold you to all that.

Look, here's my perspective: Nothing has been officially said on this. That makes it non-news, it's all speculative. And I don't buy into non-news until either A) an official statement on the matter is given, or B) a reliable source comes up with some solid concrete evidence to support their claims.

You can try and back up the idea as much as you want, but it's all just speculation, and I don't view you as a "credible source", so unless Square is going to come forward soon and say something or a repeatedly reliable source gives some solid leads, I'm not going to be swayed one way or the other. I admire your optimism, but that only convinces me that you really believe in this idea, it's not going to convince me of the idea itself until those requirements I mentioned are met. IF it turns out that they are doing it, then fine, terrific, more options, more audience, screw that whole "centralize the series to one console" idea (which only makes the Xbox One idea even weirder to me), Kingdom Hearts III for everybody whether they've had access to all the previous important games in the series or not. But until then, as far as I'm concerned it's only on the PS4 and Xbox One. And that's where I stand. 

I'm not pulling everything I said out of thing air, at this point, you're ignoring clear evidence just because. Out of everything I said, this is a fact...

Square Enix has the NX Dev Kits

You can try and be as pessimistic as you are believing that Kingdom Hearts III is solely for the PS4/Xbox One, things have been said about NX's software lineup. Nintendo's representative Scott Mawffitt said that the NX was built so that games can be ported easily (something that the Wii U struggled with).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/nintendo_outlines_key_goals_to_ensure_nx_success

I'm sorry, but how I can I debate with if you're not willing to consider factors like this coming directly from the companies. Had Square Enix not got the Dev Kits early then I wouldn't have said that Kingdom Hearts III is getting an NX release. 

idk if you know this but its supposed to be just as or even more bud

Nope. Reggie said himself that it's less powerful than the PS4 and XBONE. And that's the older consoles, not the slims or Pro/Scorpio.