As you've probably read, the recently released issue of Famitsu Weekly has included information on Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and the future of the Kingdom Hearts series. This includes the results to a survey, as well as an interview with Tetsuya Nomura. Thanks to FF-Reunion and Sokuho@Hokanko, as well as our very own sqexgal, we now have an extensive summary of the interview. Read below.
- 3D will provide answers about KH3.
- The current Xehanort saga will end in KH3. There are tentative plot ideas for after that too. The main character won’t change, it’ll be Sora.
- Whether we’ll release an HD remake or not is another story, however we are considering doing an HD upgraded version of one of the past titles.
- The development of 3D is currently around 40% to 50%. There will be a secret movie.
- Traverse Town with “????” and “????” are shown, showing a character raising steadily from the top of a building.
- The story will touch upon the hidden data in Sora.
- Gameplay will include jumping up to rooftops.
That's all for now! However, stay tuned, there's more to come. Thanks to sqexgal again, in the next week we'll be able to provide high quality scans of the interview, and a full translation. Hope you look forward to it.