Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

Favorite Version of Roxas?

Between the 2 presented to us.

The first one who was in KH2 

OR

the one presented in Days?

Even though they are the same person whose personality, character development did you prefer the most? 

KH2 for me. We see him as a seemingly normal boy suddenly burdened by the power of some key weapon he never asked for, hunted down by some group he wants nothing to do with yet somehow has ties to. Then he gets to find out that, too bad, his normal life and everything he cares about is a lie, and he has to give up his false identity to awaken the half of him who's ACTUALLY important, all For The Greater Good. Sucks to be you, Roxas.

I appreciate Days version, too, but it's not my favorite because he seemed very passive. I mean, I get it, Nobody and all, but he had a lot more spark in KH2.

There are no "versions" of any character.

Roxas wasn't a different "version" of himself in KH2 as opposed to who he was in Days. He had his memory wiped just after becoming enraged at his own existence. Of course he wasn't going to revert to how he was in the beginning of Days, he had gone through a cycle of change in that game alone by the end too. 

Not sure if i understand the question but I'll go with days when he wears the hood up on his coat and dual wields :

KH2 for me. We see him as a seemingly normal boy suddenly burdened by the power of some key weapon he never asked for, hunted down by some group he wants nothing to do with yet somehow has ties to. Then he gets to find out that, too bad, his normal life and everything he cares about is a lie, and he has to give up his false identity to awaken the half of him who's ACTUALLY important, all For The Greater Good. Sucks to be you, Roxas.

I appreciate Days version, too, but it's not my favorite because he seemed very passive. I mean, I get it, Nobody and all, but he had a lot more spark in KH2.

I agree. Roxas felt like a sort of Anti-Sora when presented with the Keyblade. He didn't wish to explore other worlds he just wanted a normal summer vacation with his friends. And even though I didn't enjoy the KH2 prologue as much as the first one I DID enjoy Roxas's character. Days on the other hand was different. Like even though KH2 and Days shared the same cutscenes when it came to Roxas Days really didn't feel like Roxas had evolved into that type of character. However, that is just my opinion.

Though he's pretty much the same for me in Days and KH2, I'll still pick Days. Mainly because that's when I really started to care about him. :D When I played KH2 for the first time, I was like 'wtf where's sora??', so I didn't really grow that attached to Roxas (in fact, I was pretty excited when I finally got to play as Sora). But after playing Days and really getting to know his character, I always weep when the prologue is over. ;_;

Ummm they're the same character

whatever development he had in 358\2 days culminates into what he has become in 2

But hey if I prefer anything I prefer the version that says he is not Ven(cuz I'll never get  over how dumb that theory is)

agree in kh2 Roxas had already developed his own heart and personality something he fought very hard for only for it to be taken from him.

I prefer to see it as one story and one character being spread over two games, but I guess I will say that while KH2 created an investment in a new character for me, Days really cemented it. Whenever I do a marathon of KH, I always go KH, Re:CoM, KH2, THEN Days, because just knowing the fate that Roxas is supposed to be heading towards as each day passes in Days just makes his arc all the more tragic and beautiful to watch. I will say that since he's clearly given a lot more time to grow, Days' does have Roxas' character leave a little more impact as he pretty much is the star of the show, and you do get to see him go through the largest development and change within a single story than any other character. KH2 still works though in that it still does a good job depicting what would be a normal boy being thrown into a series of events that pretty much shatters his perceived way of life altogether just for the sake of somebody he doesn't even know about. It's like comparing between a really REALLY good anime series and a really REALLY good OVA, they both can do such an amazing job in such very different scales of time.

So I guess I'm a little in the middle or would rather not make much of a distinction (cause I'm indecisive as hell and always feel having to choose just de-legitimizes the other option I don't pick) but I guess I do like Days' depiction a tiny bit more, but again the tragedy of Roxas really only works at it's fullest when you bring all parts of his story together as one cohesive whole. The fact that he has to be forced into a simulation only to loose it again after having the most traumatic few weeks of his life is made even sadder when you consider all that's happened to the poor guy.

Neither, Ventus, the REAL Roxas!

*chuckles*, alright a bit of a joke there. Sorry, couldn't resist.

To invalidate a stage of Roxas's life is wrong. Both are significant.

He remains the same person in Twilight Town in spite of the memory wipe that he was in the organization, who longs to belong, for the freedom to be with his friends and angered by any interference, is haunted by lost memories (including Sora's) and the insistence that he's not supposed to exist. 

He still experiences feelings and emotions and has a unique personality as a somebody does. 

I liked his relationship with Axel and Xion in the Organization but I also liked his teenage conviction and mirror image of Sora's regard to the keyblade as a burdon in Twilight Town.