Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
cyntix

Next KH Project after Release

I would like to hear about your predictions for the future. When KH3 will be released, what will the team work on?

Here are my predictions for the future years.
It is pure speculation from me and none of this will probably happen. But it is nice to dream sometimes.

Probable predictions:

- Some member will start working on the new narrative arcs for kh4, but since it will take a very long time before the team can work on these new titles, they will continue to polish the current games to make them available for more players.

- In March 2019, they will release the story so far collection on Xbox One with maybe some extra contents like extra scenes in the 358/2 days movie that would also be available on ps4. (I am thinking of the riku boss fight).

- In the end of 2019, there will be a final mix version for KH3. It would not be a brand new game, thanks to the update system of today's consoles. it would be like the royal edition of FFXV, a patch, except that it would be more massive. I don't think it will contain new disney worlds, but instead worlds that were not included in kh3 due to lack of time. For example, I suspect Radiant Garden will only be cutscenes in kh3. In Final Mix, it would be playable. Same for the world that never was with extra quests or castle oblivion.

- Beginning of 2020, they will release PC ports of the saga. They know a lot of people want to play it on PC and they will probably propose a package with 1.5+2.5, 2.8 and 3 on Steam or on the future Epic Games store. They could add a lot of new features like: real hd (1080p) versions of the re:com, days and re:coded cutscenes.

Very unlikely prediction:
- One last idea that I have which would probably never happen. Remember when they announced kh2 final mix + which contained a remake of Re:chain of Memories. It was insane to remake a game completely as an extra disc. Well, if Kh3 becomes really really successful, they would maybe consider releasing one last compilation called KH The Dark Seeker Saga, which would contain all the games with days, re:coded and back cover being somewhat playable. The saves from 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 would be transfered automatically to this new compilation which would contain a lot of extra content that never had the time to put in, like making offs, or extra scenes. If they were to go there, this would be the ultimate compilation for a PC release.

That's it. What do you guys think?

I do think it'll be a while before KHIV. Nomura's probably going to shift his focus to FFVII Remake. Say the first episode comes out in 2020, that leaves one or two other episodes to release. Maybe they'll be out by 2023 if we're lucky, but this is Square Enix so I think it's safer to say they'll be out by 2025. So that's a good 6 years without Kingdom Hearts on consoles. And honestly, I'm hoping Nomura takes a short break after all of that 'cause these last few years seem to have been really exhausting for him. But he's a work-a-holic so he might jump right back into KH. We will definitely get some "UX" updates though and I think that's where the next saga's story will begin. 

I've been thinking about this. I'm not gonna worry too much about the future of Kingdom Hearts for now until after KH3 comes out but I do hope they have some stuff in mind for the next part of the series, whether it's KH4 or some other title. And hopefully the waits not as long. I know a long time ago they were planning on having a new KH game every year, but I don't think that's still the case.

I actually would not mind a few "side games" that are not for mobile phones before KH4, but I'm not sure how they would do that because with the release of the switch I don't think hand held game systems are gonna keep up. So I don't know, maybe DLC will be a possibilty for KH3?

8 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

I do think it'll be a while before KHIV. Nomura's probably going to shift his focus to FFVII Remake. Say the first episode comes out in 2020, that leaves one or two other episodes to release. Maybe they'll be out by 2023 if we're lucky, but this is Square Enix so I think it's safer to say they'll be out by 2025. So that's a good 6 years without Kingdom Hearts on consoles. And honestly, I'm hoping Nomura takes a short break after all of that 'cause these last few years seem to have been really exhausting for him. But he's a work-a-holic so he might jump right back into KH. We will definitely get some "UX" updates though and I think that's where the next saga's story will begin. 

2023-2025 sounds about right. And you are right nomura is a work-a-holic i even picture him as the type of person that while being on holiday takes his notebook with him for ideas and while laying in the sun has one brilliant idea after another

Kh4 is a long way off I think. I do think that there will be a much smaller amount of time between kh3 and kh4 because there won't be nearly as many (for lack of a better term) "side games" to set the stage for the next phase in the saga. 

On a less realistic note, I would love to see the main plot of KHUX released on home consoles. Which I know won't happen, but it would certainly make the people who don't have phones good enough to play khux very happy!

1 hour ago, Allwil13 said:

Kh4 is a long way off I think. I do think that there will be a much smaller amount of time between kh3 and kh4 because there won't be nearly as many (for lack of a better term) "side games" to set the stage for the next phase in the saga. 

On a less realistic note, I would love to see the main plot of KHUX released on home consoles. Which I know won't happen, but it would certainly make the people who don't have phones good enough to play khux very happy!

That actually sounds like a very good idea i tried to get into the mobile game several times but than i stopped shortly after either because of lacking internet connections or because i was thinkin " i never gonna catch up i should have been there in the beginning" a remake as a console game is the best they could do

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

I'm sure the next things on the docket are ports of 1.5, 2.5, 2.8, and KH3 for the PC, and possibly the Switch if they can pull it off easily. Though unlikely, my ideal situation would be:

Now that KH3 is complete, Nomura should run over to BD1 and get development on FF7R really up and running. He should also get a good portion of BD3 to assist with FF7R development in order to speed it along. Leave Tai Yasue and a "skeleton crew" in BD3 to work on KH3 patches, the various ports, and whatever inevitable DLC there will be (I'm thinking on the scale of what was added to KH2 Final Mix). The next KH thing should be KH4 (no side games to start a new saga).

While Nomura is busy with FF7R, Tai Yasue should be the sole director of KH4, with Nomura in a producer/creative role (where he belongs to be honest). Nomura has and always will love Kingdom Hearts, but he is a creative guy, and KH isn't always the best place to express that creativity. I've been thinking for a while now that Tai Yasue is being groomed to officially be in charge of BD3 and KH, so Nomura can be more free to work on other projects. While most of BD3 assist with FF7R, Tai and a few others (while under Nomura's supervision) can start planning for KH4 and possibly beyond. When FF7R development gets more stable or when KH4 is really ready to get going, members of BD3 can shift back from FF7R to KH4.

42 minutes ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

That actually sounds like a very good idea i tried to get into the mobile game several times but than i stopped shortly after either because of lacking internet connections or because i was thinkin " i never gonna catch up i should have been there in the beginning" a remake as a console game is the best they could do

They could totally make a console release work. The main plot would transfer without much difficulty, plus they could cut a bunch of the filler missions that serve no purpose and maybe even add some more story content. Plus, the Union Cross missions could be added as an online multiplayer mode! Again, it's unlikely, but I really would love to play it on my PS4.

14 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

They could totally make a console release work. The main plot would transfer without much difficulty, plus they could cut a bunch of the filler missions that serve no purpose and maybe even add some more story content. Plus, the Union Cross missions could be added as an online multiplayer mode! Again, it's unlikely, but I really would love to play it on my PS4.

Plus it would be Something new and it would allow them to explore the idea of a kingdom hearts game without any disney worlds maybe. Its atleast better then the 100 hundred HD version... That i would buy despite of that

4 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

Plus it would be Something new and it would allow them to explore the idea of a kingdom hearts game without any disney worlds maybe. Its atleast better then the 100 hundred HD version... That i would buy despite of that

I don't know how well a Kingdom Hearts game would sell without any disney though. Or if they would even be allowed to. And we gotta have some exploration and gameplay cause they could just as easily make it a cutscene movie like backcover or like they did with Re coded and Days they could just have CGI cutscenes.

5 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I don't know how well a Kingdom Hearts game would sell without any disney though. Or if they would even be allowed to. And we gotta have some exploration and gameplay cause they could just as easily make it a cutscene movie like backcover or like they did with Re coded and Days they could just have CGI cutscenes.

They could still include the disney worlds, I just hope that if they actually do a console port of KHUX they make the worlds a little more relevant to the overall story. Because honestly, I find that the world visits don't really seem to have any relevance at all.

14 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

They could still include the disney worlds, I just hope that if they actually do a console port of KHUX they make the worlds a little more relevant to the overall story. Because honestly, I find that the world visits don't really seem to have any relevance at all.

Not since the first game they dont no

1 hour ago, Allwil13 said:

I only played KHUX for a short time but even with that short period of time everything felt like filler and really repetitive. So I wouldn't mind a remake at all that was more put together if it's really important for future installments.

I'm hoping for the Future Installments i hope we see some New Disney Worlds and Disney Villains that we haven't seen or met yet Like with Ralph, Remy, Treasure Planet, Moana, Zootopia, Pocahontas, Jungle Book Lion King II ETC.

Yeah if they ever did port over KHUX to console, they better cut out all the filler and leave the story. Every time I try and play that game it's the same thing over and over again. It feels like you have to go on a million missions just to see one actual story scene. No idea if it's even possible for me to complete it before KH3 releases.

1 minute ago, clatter411 said:

Yeah if they ever did port over KHUX to console, they better cut out all the filler and leave the story. Every time I try and play that game it's the same thing over and over again. It feels like you have to go on a million missions just to see one actual story scene. No idea if it's even possible for me to complete it before KH3 releases.

My thoughts exactly. I do love the KHUX story but they need to trim it waaaaay down.

40 minutes ago, Potato head harvey said:

The way i see it, their probably gonna do a new trilogy after kh3, which means they'll probably go straight into kh4 in order to set up said new trilogy.

Probably, i mean. I dunno lol.

Yeah I'm thinking KHIV will be the next game as well, but with how things are going right now...I think it might be a PS6 game hahaha. Seriously though, 6 years focusing on FFVIIR and then say another 3-4 years to do KHIV (Assuming they don't start working on KHIV until FFVIIR is done). But if Nomura works on both KHIV and FFVIIR at the same time, we might see KHIV on next-gen consoles.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:08 PM, Green Sparrow said:

While Nomura is busy with FF7R, Tai Yasue should be the sole director of KH4, with Nomura in a producer/creative role (where he belongs to be honest). Nomura has and always will love Kingdom Hearts, but he is a creative guy, and KH isn't always the best place to express that creativity. I've been thinking for a while now that Tai Yasue is being groomed to officially be in charge of BD3 and KH, so Nomura can be more free to work on other projects. While most of BD3 assist with FF7R, Tai and a few others (while under Nomura's supervision) can start planning for KH4 and possibly beyond. When FF7R development gets more stable or when KH4 is really ready to get going, members of BD3 can shift back from FF7R to KH4.

Has Tai Yasue ever directed a game by his lonesome? I would like to see what kind of job he would do if he was the sole director. As for Nomura not working as director on the next KH, I'm not sure that would really "free" him. Nomura's already pretty free. He's not tied to a specific business division and ALWAYS works on multiple projects at the same time to express his creativity. And he's already said he has a plan and ideas for the next saga so I think he's going to want to be in charge of the next KH projects.

In my dream world, chill mobile games along the lines of Animal Crossing Pocket Camp or Monument Valley would be released.  Short stories focusing on side characters healing after everything thats happened.  I'd love some introspective visual novels with ventus and vanitas, or namine and xion.

They could make Kingdom Hearts "The Dark Seeker saga", which would contain a final mix version of all games. Even days, re:coded and X that would be playable with the appropriate game engine.
Impossible, yes. But again, once they completely remade chain of memories from scratch as a bonus disc in KH2FM+, so...

4 hours ago, HanonPhantomhive said:

I still think they might remake Days if the fans want to. I´m sure they´ll have a lot of things to think about for the new saga

I think a full HD remake of Days could be great! Maybe they could try going down the route of Kingdom Hearts 3D and switch the narrative/gameplay between the main protagonists. That could further flesh out the story and reveal new information that we didn't know before.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:13 PM, Allwil13 said:

Isn't the PS4 on its way out?  Doesn't it have like two years left?