Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Who was your favorite voice for Master Xehanort?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite voice for Master Xehanort?

• Leonard Nimoy (BBS-DDD)
    • Rutger Hauer (Base KH3)
    • Christopher Lloyd (ReMind-MoM)
    • Chikao Ōtsuka (BBS-Base KH3)
    • Akio Otsuka (ReMind-MoM)

Very tough choice but went with Hauer, mainly for his delivery of Xehanort's 'The world began in darkness...' speech. It's one of my favourite cutscenes from the series and that's largely due to Hauer's delivery, rasping like an old man close to death but also with clear determination and bitterness.

Wow, this is tough actually. It's between Leonard Nimoy and Christopher Lloyd. Both were fantastic as Master Xehanort in their respective game roles. It's a hard choice but I'm going to say Lloyd for his amazing quotes in his Data fights. 

Edited by SweetYetSalty

Leonard Nimoy will always have a special place in my heart as the OG Xehanort, but Christopher Lloyd absolutely nailed it in ReMind and Melody of Memory. He is an outstanding replacement and I wish they got him before Rutger Hauer, tbh. No disrespect to the man and may he rest in peace, but I was never a fan of his portrayal. 

Leonard Nimoy just elevated the character so much and gave an incredibly unique and interesting take on the character. Hauer was a bit plain at times but the way he delivered his final speech was so incredibly amazing that it got me almost reconsidering who my favorite Xehanort voice was (It's still Nimoy). I wasn't too fond of Lloyd in ReMind. Probably because many of his lines were lines I had gotten used to hear Hauer say, so hearing someone else give a different take on them sounded off to me. However, I think Lloyd's battle quotes are some of the best Xehanort battle cries we've ever gotten, and I really enjoyed him a lot in Memory of Melody.

Chikao Ōtsuka, from what I've heard also gave an absolutely fantastic performance, equal to Nimoy's. I'll still prefer Nimoy but that's due to the fact that I play these games in English.

I haven't heard much of Akio Otsuka's take on Xehanort, but from what I've heard he seems to properly replicate his father and give a performance that's just as good. He should be very proud.

Never thought anyone would come close to Nimoy, but then along came Christopher Lloyd. They’re neck-and-neck for me, Lloyd really knocked it out the park and gave Master Xehanort new life and energy IMO. In some ways, I prefer Lloyd’s spin because he dials down the deviousness ever so slightly in favor of whimsy and a hint of levity, which is a dimension to MX’s character that I enjoy.

Hauer was OK but slightly disappointing—he lacked the gnarled sense of mischievousness that’s core to Master Xehanort’s character. Made MX sound a tad tired and worn out.