Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Lu Xun

What influences you most in your game buying?

What influences you most in your game buying?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What influences you most in your game buying?

• Professional reviews; I like what the pros like.
    • Reader reviews; Fans know best.
    • Advertising; Sell me the game.
    • Previews; I need screenshots and videos.
    • Demos/Renting; I always try before I buy.
    • Word of Mouth; I buy the games my friends like.

I usually judge by previews and images. I know what things I like and don't like in a game, so I like to look at it myself when I decide.

Same here! I hate professional reviews, their really biased. I know if I'll like a game or not! Like with Kid Icarus Uprising.

For me, it's a combination between trailers & what I see in walkthroughs *cough*Tobuscus*cough*

Lol Tobuscus for the win!!! For me, though, it's more about what my friends see and like or what I see trailers of. After I'm interested in things then I might look to previews or reviews, but often, once I'm sold on something, I'm getting it.

The name of the game/company behind the game. If it's by Square Enix/Gamefreak/Level-5/Sucker Punch/[insert any other game companies I like], I'll probably like it. But that wasn't an option, so I picked Reader Reviews. It's good to know what other players think, right?

if it is a game that i have followed for a long time (like kingdom hearts) i dont really care about the reviews. i love playing demos on the PS3 so if there is a game there that i enjoy then i look more into the reviews and see what other people think. the most current example is Killzone 3. played the campaign demo, then the multiplayer demo. loved it, and my friends have it, so i got it ^^

I actually don't read reviews because they're not as accurate to be honest. Most, if not all, seems biased. I actually liked a game that was rated 4.0/10. lol the most thing influenced me is the preview and gameplay videos. If I thought it would be cool, I get it!

i honestly dont trust reviews even if they come from "proffesionals" or just fan reviews because most of the times theyre biased even if they say they arent. its only natural too, we're all bound to be pretty biased on most things

anyway i like previews/screenshots!!! i like to be the judge on what i dont/want to play based on what i see, not on what i hear from someone else