Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Lu Xun

In your opinion, was KH3D a good 10th anniversary present?

In your opinion, was KH3D a good 10th anniversary present?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, was KH3D a good 10th anniversary present?

• Yes, it was a great present! It's an awesome game.
    • Yes, it was... But maybe they could have chosen a better present...
    • It was ok... Maybe it could have been much better...
    • Nah... It wasn't a 10th anniversary present at all!
    • Another option? Tell us below!

tutti frutti. Can't really say that KH3D was good as a tenth anniversary item. There are other games, even with special/collectors editions of games that are released regularly with games her and there. I would have preferred something more like a KH collection or something more major to be released to the fans as more of a celebration on 10 years into KH history.

It was a great game no doubt but I dont see how that can symbolize the whole "10" years thing... Especially that Re:coded, Days, 3D box... i mean HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY SYMBOLIZE THE WHOLE SERIES??!?!

Like everyone else is saying, the game was amazing. But having an HD Collection of BBS, Kh1, and Kh2 would of been SLIGHTLY better.

To each their own. I don't care too much about seeing the old games in HD. However, playing BBS on a console and maybe getting the additions that the Final Mix games got... I could dig that.

I though it was a great gift!

Also, I think there is something wrong with the gaming industry if people would prefer remakes to an actually new game. HD collections would be great, but I would much rather have a new game.

Well, as much as it is great to have a new KH game. Nomura and Square-Enix could have done a lot more to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series. They just didn't put enough effort to make make the 10th anniversary of the KH series feel special. Just take a good look at what Miyamoto and Nintendo did for Zelda's 25th anniversary. Square-Enix could learn a thing or two from that. As Nintendo have done a lot of things to celebrate the series. they gave us a remake of one of my all time favorite game. Along with giving us The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past FOR FREE, giving us free CD's of both Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, and gave us a gold Wii remote. Edited by Tails

I can't deny how pleased I am with it, but overall I'd say it fell a little short to be considered an "anniversary gift".

Not to mention that if it is my anniversary, Nomura owes me nine more presents. He skipped out before, apparently.

Well, as much as it is great to have a new KH game. Nomura and Square-Enix could have done a lot more to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series. They just didn't put enough effort to make make the 10th anniversary of the KH series feel special. Just take a good look at what Miyamoto and Nintendo did for Zelda's 25th anniversary. Square-Enix could learn a thing or two from that.

Well...

1) Zelda is more monumental and legendary than Kingdom Hearts is. It's completely iconic and is one of the first series of its kind.

2) 25 is 15 more years of specialness than 10.

Not saying the 10th anniversary couldn't have been more special.

I though it was a great gift!

Also, I think there is something wrong with the gaming industry if people would prefer remakes to an actually new game. HD collections would be great, but I would much rather have a new game.

Not at all. I wanted to play an updated game, experience it again. It's not that hard, and fans have wanted it for a long time. (Plus, I don't even think 3D was that great.)

I voted no. Because it wasn't some sort of "present". It was just the next game, which happened to be released in 2012, tens years after the first. This was no 10th Anniversary game. Just the next one.

The cover of the game disagrees with you.

Well, as much as it is great to have a new KH game. Nomura and Square-Enix could have done a lot more to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series. They just didn't put enough effort to make make the 10th anniversary of the KH series feel special. Just take a good look at what Miyamoto and Nintendo did for Zelda's 25th anniversary. Square-Enix could learn a thing or two from that. As Nintendo have done a lot of things to celebrate the series. they gave us a remake of one of my all time favorite game. Along with giving us The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past FOR FREE, giving us free CD's of both Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, and gave us a gold Wii remote.

I would say a 25 year anniversary is a bit more special than a 10 year anniversary. To be honest I kinda felt over saturated with Zelda stuff last year. Of course, that may just be because I am not really a fan of the series.

Not at all. I wanted to play an updated game, experience it again. It's not that hard, and fans have wanted it for a long time. (Plus, I don't even think 3D was that great.)

Eh, I can understand. We just have differing opinions, so I'll respect that.