Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

PlayStation 4 - General Discussion

65 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the PS4 being announced?

• I'm really hyped about the PS4. I'm buying it on day 1.
    • I'm gald the PS4 is announced. but I'm not buying it anytime soon. I'm happy with my PS3.
    • I'm not interested in the PS4

I'm a little disappointed with the PS4. With all of the experimentation Sony did during the life of the PS3 you'd think they would come up with something better than improved graphics and a screen inside of the controller. Same goes for Nintendo. 

The gaming industry needs innovation and it doesn't seem that the big 3 are willing to provide it. 

I'm a little disappointed with the PS4. With all of the experimentation Sony did during the life of the PS3 you'd think they would come up with something better than improved graphics and a screen inside of the controller. Same goes for Nintendo. 

The gaming industry needs innovation and it doesn't seem that the big 3 are willing to provide it. 

The controller has a touch pad. Not a screen.

The controller has a touch pad. Not a screen.

I know that, I think you're missing the point though. Is this going to completely change your gaming experience, or is it just another gimmick to get you to buy the console? 

After looking at the Wii U, I can safely say that it's a gimmick. 

I know that, I think you're missing the point though. Is this going to completely change your gaming experience, or is it just another gimmick to get you to buy the console? 

After looking at the Wii U, I can safely say that it's a gimmick. 

I don't really see the point in it. I want it because it seems to focus on the gaming aspect of things. Instead of all the extra fluff.

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told Eurogamer that PlayStation 4 will not block the use of second-hand games, contrary to various reports, speculation and even a Sony patent unearthed last month.

I sat down with Yoshida a few hours after the PS4 reveal tonight and one of the first things I asked was whether used games would be blocked.

"Do you want us to do that?" he asked.

No, I said. I think, if you buy something on a disc, that you have a kind of moral contract with the person you've bought it from that you retain some of that value and you can pass it on.

Do you agree, I asked?

"Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers," said Yoshida. "They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."

So if someone buys a PlayStation 4 game, I asked, you're not going to stop them reselling it?

"Aaaah," was Yoshida's initial answer, but seemingly only because he'd forgotten his line. "So what was our official answer to our internal question?" he asked his Japanese PR advisor. The advisor stepped in but didn't seem to answer clearly, at least to my ears. Yoshida then took control again firmly:

"So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

I said I thought that was fine.

Interestingly, I also spoke to a Sony source elsewhere at the event this evening who told me that the anti used-game patent discovered last month was actually nothing to do with PlayStation 4 at all.

The patent suggested that discs would come branded with a contactless tag that could be recognised and read by your console, which would then bind it to you and prevent you from selling it on.

But whatever reason Sony did have for patenting it, it sounds like it wasn't for its next-generation console. Hopefully Microsoft will also avoid this ludicrous technology with its next-generation Xbox as well.

Well that makes things a lot better xD

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

wait people were actually taking that second hand game thing serously xD 

LOL'S

Hate to make people feel stupid but it would be near impossible to even try that the playstation would of had to be able to inscribe its code number or something like that onto the game in the first place so the second hand thing wouldnt work and sony are a long way from being able to do something like that

wait people were actually taking that second hand game thing serously xD 

LOL'S

Hate to make people feel stupid but it would be near impossible to even try that the playstation would of had to be able to inscribe its code number or something like that onto the game in the first place so the second hand thing wouldnt work and sony are a long way from being able to do something like that

I wasn't to into the rumor, I'm just glad they finally cleared it up lool

Edited by Hei

I remember seeing the placeholder price as $899.99 from EBgames (Can't find the pic...) Now, if they're releasing the ps4 at the same price as they did with ps3, there is no way in hell am I getting it. I'm happy with my ps3 for now

Although the PS4 has been announced, KH3 will probably still be made for the PS3 (otherwise the HD collections would be kinda pointless as the're supposed to bring all the KH games into one console) however there is a chance that it will be on both the PS4 and PS3 since the game 'Destiny' was annouced for both consoles. (so it is possible) and Square Enix said that they would support the PS4 so hopefully it will be for both.

That sucks. Luckily I have nothing on psn.

Unfortunately I have like 10+ games I've bought :/

Yeah, they said it has to do with radically different system architecture or something. But it still sucks pretty bad, I bought quite a few PSN only games Dx

Yeah me too Dx

Why does it matter?, I beat my psn games and got money worth out of them just like retail game. If you never played psn games like journey, the unfinished swan and sound shapes your missing out. I've bought over psn 15 games and it doesn't bother me.

Edited by Deadshot