Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

How did you get into the KH series?

How did you get into the KH series?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get into the KH series?

• A friend told me about it.
    • Read about it on the internet and bought it.
    • Rented it and liked it.
    • Got it as a present and fell in love with it.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

In 2004, I found that my brother started to play Kingdom Hearts 1, and I got highly interested, and in 2007, I officially hit level 100, plus got the Ultima Weapon. I still have that same copy today.

That same year, I got KH2.

Edited by Sovereign

It all started with a music video of Linkin Park's Numb, but it was a piano version as various cutscenes of KH were used. Then I saw Kairi, and it just snowballed from there.

I still remember when I first saw KH1 Kairi in that music video. I felt my heart skipping a beat as her cute and beautiful face flashed on the screen, her beautiful blue eyes almost staring into my soul and awakening a once thought long dead emotion in my cold, shattered, broken and dusty heart as I found myself thinking about her quite often. I felt... happy, genuinely happy seeing her. 

Then I remembered the flashbacks to a commercial long ago where I saw the same girl, and it felt as if I was seeing an old flame as the memories came crashing back to me. I remembered crying for no reason, the song Simple and Clean playing in my head from the commercial long ago as I began wondering who this girl was that has evoked such a powerful emotion and breathed life back into my neglected heart. Then I remembered my cousin playing this game when I was younger, and seeing her on destiny islands talking to Sora on the pier. 

I soon found out her name and what videogame she existed in, and promptly got the game so I could see her again, know her universe and hear her voice. (the fact she's voiced by hayden panettiere was the best thing to have ever happened xD) I was hooked on the storyline and concept, and soon realized that I had missed a good chunk of memory that should have been part of my childhood. Up until this very day, I still regret not playing KH when I was younger.

All in all, I think it was my love for Kairi that I in turn fell in love with the game. It still saddens me that she's being neglected by the KH team though, something that I hope will change by the time KH3 comes around.

In a very weird and roundabout way:

When I was little the game came out, and I saw the commercials and really liked the concept. I dropped it after a bit because my family didn't have a PS2. Later in 5th grade I bought the first two volumes of the KH1 manga, remembering the series, then kinda dropped it again. Sixth grade and the release of 358/2 Days prompted me to look it up, I found the wiki, and overnight I became a VERY devoted fan.

I seen my brother playing once at my cousins house, remembered the giant mushrooms from Wonderland years later very randomly for no apparent reason, and borrowed it from my cousin, who said I could just keep it.

back in 2006 I was looking for Mario Power Tennis on the GameCube,I searched really hard for it but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I was angry because I wanted a game to play for the summer but I couldn't find something interesting.

Then I saw Kingdom Hearts 2 on the shelf and asked my father to buy it for me.

I was still angry and I didn't think that I'll love the game

But the moment I inserted the game in my Ps2,listened to the awesome opening song Sanctuary.......oh ..my ..god

The rest is history...I fell immediately in love with it

My mom and I were looking in the used section of Gamestop and found KH2. I had originally gotten the game for my brother as a present not too long after it came out and he tried it but was easily bored. It wasn't until 2010 on Christmas Eve that it resurfaced again because I was waiting to eat and open presents before bed. That was the best accidental choice I ever made. Had absolutely no flipping clue as to what was going on but I was so hypnotized by the music and uniqueness of it all. This is the sole reason why I feel like I can relate to Roxas.....because neither of us knew what was up in the game x'D

When I was about six or so, my mom allowed me to get Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance. I really had no idea of what I was getting into, and it was fun even though I was terrible at it. After losing the game, I pretty much forgot about it until a kid at a summer camp brought his Kingdom Hearts II guide book. I was enthralled over the fact Sora was so cool (and even got to be a lion) and that prompted me to pick up 358/2 Days, buy Re:Coded when it first came out, and then continue to play them all.