Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Official KH3 on WiiU Rant and Speculation Thread

What about PC? There is literally no reason why it shouldn't come to high-end PCs, since it's being made on a PC and ported to ps4 and Xbone. I guess SE doesn't like optimizing their games, so it's easier to release the game for two equivalent systems than trying to get it running on a plethora of PC configurations and Wii U.

What about PC? There is literally no reason why it shouldn't come to high-end PCs, since it's being made on a PC and ported to ps4 and Xbone. I guess SE doesn't like optimizing their games, so it's easier to release the game for two equivalent systems than trying to get it running on a plethora of PC configurations and Wii U.

good point

I enjoy my wii u, and I want that to be my next gen system. Me and many others just dont like the game selection of the ps4 besides kh3 and ff15. So what you're saying is, we're in the wrong for not wanting to spend another $400 for a couple of games. Because kh3 on the xbox one was a fantastic idea. a console that no one really wants should definitely get kh3. "ps4/xbox have the best graphics so most profitable" the most powerful console has never sold the most. And on top of that tons of people even go as far as to say the ps3 is more powerful than the wii u, are you really that stupid? just wondering. The wii u has a version of opengl equivalent to that of dx11, and guess what, the ps4 doesnt run dx11 either. dont firetrucking judge what you havent experienced assholes :)

You sir with this post has made my day ^_^

but be aware that they'll try to kill you for just mentioning the words Wii U and Nintendo here

as the KH fanbase is striving to follow the footsteps of the Sonic fanbase

Also,btw guys...the dx11 is used by almost EVERY SINGLE INDIE DEVELOPER OUT THERE

The fact that Nomura using the dx11 as an excuse when small developers managed to do so on Wii U and Ps3 proves that Square Enix is just bullshitting around

I might be wrong but I heard a couple of indies making use of dx11

Edited by Metal Snake

but be aware that they'll try to kill you for just mentioning the words Wii U and Nintendo here

Also,btw guys...the dx11 is used by almost EVERY SINGLE INDIE DEVELOPER OUT THERE

The fact that Nomura using the dx11 as an excuse when small developers managed to do so on Wii U and Ps3 proves that Square Enix is just bullshitting around

ohhhhh the quota

I might be wrong but I heard a couple of indies making use of dx11

Yes, because Indies uses the full power of DX11 when making their games, and the graphical and AI capabilities of those games are equal to AAA games. Supporting DX11 doesn't mean that a computer is instantly able to run every DX11 game: there are many other factors, and the truth of the matter is that the Wii U would be unable to run KH3 unless major changes are made: removing any shadow effects, making the AI less complicated, etc. Nomura has said that he is aiming to give every enemy its own independant AI. I doubt the Wii U would be able to do that, unless the amount of enemies is halved. It would be a severely gimped game.

Yes, because Indies uses the full power of DX11 when making their games, and the graphical and AI capabilities of those games are equal to AAA games. Supporting DX11 doesn't mean that a computer is instantly able to run every DX11 game: there are many other factors, and the truth of the matter is that the Wii U would be unable to run KH3 unless major changes are made: removing any shadow effects, making the AI less complicated, etc. Nomura has said that he is aiming to give every enemy its own independant AI. I doubt the Wii U would be able to do that, unless the amount of enemies is halved. It would be a severely gimped game.

I said I could be wrong at the end of my post

I didn't say my post is some sort of gospel that should be followed

I said I could be wrong at the end of my post

I didn't say my post is some sort of gospel that should be followed

It's just annoying how people are saying that current gen would be able to play KH3 with no negative consequences when it is simply not true. Both the graphics and AI would take a massive hit and it would not be the same game. My reply was in general, not directly at you (despite the quote) :P

It's just annoying how people are saying that current gen would be able to play KH3 with no negative consequences when it is simply not true. Both the graphics and AI would take a massive hit and it would not be the same game. My reply was in general, not directly at you (despite the quote) :P

I think the matter is

We could've seen KH3 on Ps3 a lot earlier if it wasn't for disorganized management of Square Enix...same goes for FFXV which was formerly Versus XIII on Ps3.

Yeah Nomura said a lot of stuff about AI and such....but I need more footage to believe him as the Shadows and Large Body's variety of heartless behave exactly the same as they did in previous games...again I know it's a beta but I need more footage

no...were saying the wii u would be able to run kh3. the ps3 definitely couldnt run it

I'm happy they didn't realese Kingdom Hearts 3 earlier on the PS3, without the spin offs kh3 would've left most questions unanswered or focused too much on answering things like 'how riku was able too weild the keyblade'. The storyline would've been horrible. Wii U isn't as powerful as the ps4. I own the Wii U and pre ordered the ps4 btw. :P

Lol you said no one even wants to get xbox one, but I really want the xbox one. I will be getting a ps4 for kingdom hearts 3 though just because kingdom hearts 3 on xbox... idk. But about the wiiu, NO ONE i mean NOOOO ONE wanted it. They thought it was a terrible idea. Look at the hype for xbox one and ps4, its so much higher then what wiiu got.

Edited by Saïx

no...were saying the wii u would be able to run kh3. the ps3 definitely couldnt run it

The Wii U is technically part of the same gen as the ps4 and xbone, but it's hardware is only about twice as good as current gen. Look at this comparison. http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

The Wii U has a quarter of the ram of the ps4 and xbone, has a gpu which is clocked at half of the xbone's gpu, with less than half the shaders of the xbone, and less than a third of the ps4's shaders. The Terraflop output of the Wii U is a quarter of the xbone's and a fifth of the ps4's. Technology doesn't scale linearly, but it's quite obvious that from a pure technological view the Wii U is vastly inferior and would essentially be like porting KH3 to current gen.

The difference between Wii U and next gen isn't as large as last gen and the Wii, but it would take significant hits in both the graphics and gameplay. You can always just watch a walkthrough online if you feel like you're missing out.

The Wii U is technically part of the same gen as the ps4 and xbone, but it's hardware is only about twice as good as current gen. Look at this comparison. http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

The Wii U has a quarter of the ram of the ps4 and xbone, has a gpu which is clocked at half of the xbone's gpu, with less than half the shaders of the xbone, and less than a third of the ps4's shaders. The Terraflop output of the Wii U is a quarter of the xbone's and a fifth of the ps4's. Technology doesn't scale linearly, but it's quite obvious that from a pure technological view the Wii U is vastly inferior and would essentially be like porting KH3 to current gen.

The difference between Wii U and next gen isn't as large as last gen and the Wii, but it would take significant hits in both the graphics and gameplay. You can always just watch a walkthrough online if you feel like you're missing out.

i wouldnt dare skip out on kh3...if it isnt coming to wii u then i will get a ps4 well just have to wait and see

I agree. I understand wanting to be able to play it on another console but I don't think the Wii U is capable of the graphics.  Also they would have to redesign the controls since the console is so much different than Xbone and PS4. 

I don't understand the Xbox one thing either, but they've only released three games to the the DS and 3DS, and one of them was originally for a phone. I think half of why the released it to the DS and 3DS is because its a big handheld console and the PSP was going out of market, and not enough people liked the PSVita. With the Remixes, the can keep all the games onto one system, the PS4 (because you can play PS3 games) and i have a feeling that they'll either release KHDDD as cutscene DLC, or just keep it for the 3DS

um. excuse me? the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. you have to stream PS3 games to it which is absolute BS and why i want the collections in digital and disc for on PS4 and other consoles. sure it sounds appealing, but what are you going to do in 10 years when you cant play the classics you loved because a service is down?(or if PSN goes down for a while)

I agree. I understand wanting to be able to play it on another console but I don't think the Wii U is capable of the graphics.  Also they would have to redesign the controls since the console is so much different than Xbone and PS4. 

The graphics are perfectly fine. It iis about directx and mayby the ram or the core.

But it has proven that it is equivalant to directx11.

Look the WiiU does belong to this generation.

Later on the WiiU may slowly move to PS4/X1.

Edited by KH4Real

This is a rant on the people who think it's downright impossible for the Wii U to have the game. I will not respond to any of you, because I feel like a broken record when that happens.

The main thing people are saying about the game is that the hardware is not good enough. Well, maybe its not as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox One are, but I guarantee you, the game could run. If Square Enix was really that concerned about hardware, They would have put ddd on the vita. If they were that concerned about hardware, Kingdom Hearts II would have been on the Xbox.

The only reason, THE ONLY REASON, Square Enix hasn't said anything about Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii U is because of sales. That's all it is. They knew more people would initially buy a PS4 or Xbox One, and The Wii U wasn't doing so hot then. Now that the Wii U has Smash Bros and Mario Kart coming out, and with the help of titles such as Super Mario 3d World, Bayonetta 2, And many more, Once the Wii U picks up in sales in 2014, Nomura will at least bring up the topic.

If you honest to god think that the main reason is because of weak hardware, look at this.

This game looks almost identical to Final Fantasy XV, one of the more "next-gen" games we've seen thus far. The Wii U isn't quite as powerful as the other next gen consoles, but It's close. It's a smilar gap to the Dreamcast and PS2. Even Developer Ubisoft has said That their games on the Wii U will look a lot better than the current gen. Nomura said all DirectX 11 compatible devices will be considered for Kingdom Hearts III. The Wii U has a Indie game titled "Candle" that's going to release that runs DirectX 11.

I guess that's all I have to say.

Posted Image

You beat me to this topic

You know I was going to make a rant on how big of a lie square enix made when they said that KH3 could not run on the Wii U

But we all know the truth now

even the sony ponies and the Xboners know that SE was lying

I will join you on this rant if anybody disagrees with you

Flame on baby, Flame on

Wii U needs Kingdom Hearts 3.

Have you seen the sales of the Wii U? Square stab Nintendo in the back when they announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 was coming to the Xbox one and not the Wii U

Your going to put four of your titles on a Nintendo platform and then when you need to go muilti- platform on consoles you decided to side with Microsoft?

Their are more Nintendo fans that are fans of KH then Xbox fans. Can you imagine how much KH3 would have sold on the Wii U compared to the Xbox one.

Edited by Shana09