Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Your theory could be true but I don't think that what King Mickey and Fairy Godmother said prove anything. It's just their opinion on darkness but a lot of people in Kingdom Hearts have different opinions on darkness. Some say it's all bad like Eraqus and Aqua, some say it just needs to be controlled, some say that following it can be beneficial, some say that you should give yourself to darkness, some say darkness should rule, some say the opposite ... So, I made my point here.

An alternative weapon....

The heart perhaps? 

Reason why I'm asking this is, because. It was what Sora said to Riku when he was confronting him at Hollow Bastion (First Visit), in the first Kingdom Hearts game.  

I know my thought might be wrong, but you do have a really good theory, that I can understand. 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

I like your theory. Initially I disliked how black-and-white Kingdom Hearts seemed to be. I mean, there was light (the good) and darkness (the evil), and that was it, no questions. But in more recent titles they have showed that both sides are important with all the speak that you can't have the one without the other.

At least it would make the KH universe a lot more deep if they decided to do that (which I hope they will).

Now, this will be a bit OT, but...

I'd also like them to open up a bit the concept of light and darkness. Is it only me or does someone else get the feeling that they haven't fully explained that (or am I maybe just thinking too deep)? As I understand them, they are opposite forces, but are they good and evil per se? Darkness has always been viewed as something bad in KH, but we really only see things the way Sora sees them.

What am I trying to say here? It's that clashing Light and Darkness together results in a severe consequence. Therefore, in order to defy fate in Kingdom Hearts III, the Guardians of Light need to fight the new Organization XIII with something else, not the Light. They need some kind of alternate weapon to stop the Darkness from prevailing. What is that weapon? I do not know.

The weapon, obviously, is the power of beating Xehanort so hard that he never returns to the Realm of Light ever again.

I agree with you. Although I don't think that this will happen in kh3. This would be a great idea to use to jump start kh4. But thy quote from the trailer definitely was foretelling the events of kh3. Remember that xehanort never experienced the key blade war and he grew up in the destiny islands which at the time was a closed world. Before the war all of the worlds were connected so it can be deduced that the key blade war already came to pass by the time xehanort was born

There's this one theory I've had that's been bugging me lately, and I just had to let it out now. Now my thoughts on this are currently a mess so bare with me xD

I've been thinking about different aspects of the Kingdom Hearts universe, one in particular which is the law that Light and Darkness co-exist. Refer back to King Mickey's words, "The worlds are made up of both light and darkness; you can't have one without the other, because darkness is half of everything."

But that's not all. What I really want to address is the struggle of Light and Darkness that has been going on since the inception of the series. We all know that they must co-exist no matter what, and that means they cannot be against one another. This time I'll call upon Fairy Godmother's words to Aqua in Birth by Sleep. She pretty much says that darkness stems from light and that both elements go hand in hand, hence light cannot be used to fight the darkness, and vice-versa.

With these aspects in mind I want you to think about this:

Young Xehanort's words to Young Eraqus in the most recent teaser for Kingdom Hearts III, "On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire."

This quote had baffled me ever since I heard it, and I thought he was referring to the first Keyblade War where Darkness did prevail. But recently, I've changed my way of thinking. Since this is set when Eraqus and Xehanort were still training, I think that perhaps this is foreshadowing the outcome of the first Keyblade War in addition to the one coming in Kingdom Hearts III. As we know, it will be a struggle between Light and Darkness, and I think that perhaps Darkness will prevail once more. I hate to say it, but the evidence points to that outcome, if nothing is done to intervene.

All clashes between the Light and the Darkness have resulted in something tragic/catastrophic, have they not? The first Keyblade War caused the true Kingdom Hearts to plunge into darkness, and countless wielders lost their lives for the X-blade and the universe was reduced to nothing. What about Ventus versus Vanitas to hastily forge the X-blade? Ventus lost his heart and became comatose. Terra versus Eraqus? Eraqus supposedly dies, due to the fact that he couldn't accept Darkness existing; he saw Light as the only way.

What am I trying to say here? It's that clashing Light and Darkness together results in a severe consequence. Therefore, in order to defy fate in Kingdom Hearts III, the Guardians of Light need to fight the new Organization XIII with something else, not the Light. They need some kind of alternate weapon to stop the Darkness from prevailing. What is that weapon? I do not know.

This is just a speculation of mine, so no flaming. I would like to discuss this possibility with you as mature fans. Please leave your thoughts below and tell me if you think this makes sense or not. If you have any evidence that can scrap this theory, fire away xD But as far as I'm concerned, this is very probable.

Peace!

Yeah that actually is true. Light and Darkness can't fight.

An alternative weapon....

The heart perhaps? 

Reason why I'm asking this is, because. It was what Sora said to Riku when he was confronting him at Hollow Bastion (First Visit), in the first Kingdom Hearts game.  

I know my thought might be wrong, but you do have a really good theory, that I can understand. 

I would actually think this would be the weapon to use. The heart isn't just light, or just darkness, so it's kinda bit like a world (how darkness and light must exist there.) Hearts could be the only weapon that could actually end New Orgy. 13.

I've made a thread similar to this already, so have no choice but to agree! Light cannot be the answer, as it has been proven time and time again in this series, that pure Light can only do so much. It is a power than can be used for good or bad, just like Darkness, and as we see with characters such as Eraqus, sometimes being too obsessed with it can make you lose sight of what's important. Another example of Light being used incorrectly is in Kingdom Hearts X, where the Foretellers warn the players of people who disguise themselves in Light, but really have evil intentions. Light not being the answer has been hinted at COUNTLESS times in the games by people such as The Good Fairy, Namine, Xehanort....even the darn Cheshire Cat knows what's up!  I think that in Kingdom Hearts 3, we will finally learn the true way to end it all.......