Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Will Sora and Kairi be a couple in KH3?

I'm sorry, but... what the actual?. What is wrong with you man.

You must be one of those guys that shout ''illuminati!!" when someone draws a picture of a triangle because you typed makes no sense at all

Kairi can be both a warrior and sweet, do you even girls. 

Disney Propaganda??

Japanese logic??? Racist undertone there much?

I hope Kairi gets to be a strong protagonists.

I really hope not. Now, before you grab your torches and pitchforks, hear me out.There is nothing wrong with shipping Sora/Kairi. There is plenty of evidence to support it. However, I feel that making them a couple in KH3 will not only be a detriment to the story but to Kairi's character. The thing with Kairi is that she's already underdeveloped as it is. She lacks agency, and almost all of her scenes hinge upon Sora to a point where we haven't seen enough of her as an individual. We do have elements of this in KH1, such as her love of racing with the boys and collecting seashells, but that's about the extent of it. The rest of the time, Kairi's character is shown through forced shipteasing, typically through Sora's POV, or through interactions with Sora and, very sparingly, Riku.And yes, the shipteasing is forced. A case of tell vs show. In KH1, it is shown that she cares about Sora, but the rest of it is... ridiculously blatant. In KH2, Donald teases Sora about Kairi twice. We have the dancing scene in Halloween Town. The really out of place moment with Roxas and Naminé in TWTNW. All of this just hammers it in, but the pairing isn't earned or developed. You could argue that KH3 could develop it, but frankly, I want to see Kairi develop beyond Sora, as an individual and interact with other characters. Can we please see her interact with Riku on his own? Have her interact with Lea, the Disney characters, and form her own bonds. Showcase her own personal growth and desires rather than religating her to the role of forced love interest.

Admittedly, this is true, but [in my eyes] Kairi could be developed further when taking Namine and Xion into account.

Before anyone calls Xion pointless or heaven's sake, "Mary-sue", I believe that her role was important not only for 358/2, but also for Kairi in terms of development. Xion was "Sora's memories of Kairi," and that's when the gears start clicking and I decided to conclude that her actions and behavior would somehow relate to Kairi. I wasn't disappointed when I played 358/2, where after getting over how cute and adorable she was, realized that her fierce determination and wanting for being able to withstand her own would not be a far cry from KH1 Kairi's tomboyish and spunky behavior and KH2 Kairi's want to fight alongside her friends. The most memorable thing I could remember was her collecting the Thlassasa shells, which I believe not only reinforces the fact that she's emulating Kairi, but in a way solidifies the suggestion that she is a direct reflection of her. So, connecting the dots, I figured that Xion was a sort of 'hidden window' into this other side of Kairi that was not directly seen in the game cutscenes.

Namine was also fun to think about. Knowing her origins [Kairi's heart within Sora's body and when released created her], there were two logical conclusions as to who she could be symbolically representing: Sora, or Kairi. Well, since Sora isn't a timid, seemingly shy person who can draw [for all I know. Maybe Sora is a hidden Picasso], I figured that she too may offer insight into who Kairi is as a character. Namine standing up against Larxene [and getting knocked out by her] sorta reflected the same actions of KH1 Kairi willing to protect heartless Sora on Hollow Bastion. 

The way I concluded, Xion and Namine not only stood out as their own characters, but were also windows into this other side of Kairi that would be pointless [and doing her a grave injustice] had her development be regulated to short cutscenes. 

KH is ultimately a series about friendship, and I don't think putting a pairing into the mix will help the story at all. A pair does not have to be 100% canon for you to enjoy it, but frankly, I think KH3 has more than enough to draw upon from a plot perspective. We don't need a romance angle to distract from the bigger conflict and character arcs.

Have you SEEN the fights with the ships for FF7? It's still ongoing TO THIS VERY DAY.

Edited by Javelin434

the scene on the dock bulid kairi's character and so does the cave scenes and her love for fairytales as shown in both bbs and chi bubt ok lets ignore that >_>

Not to mention all of her scenes of bravery, and hell, those elements could coincide together, like what if she dreamed of being the hero in her fantasies, rather than the princess? Better yet, what if she fantasizes as being the Princess who gets to be a hero? That'd be awesome, and she's technically going to be able to do that in KHIII. 

Admittedly, this is true, but [in my eyes] Kairi could be developed further when taking Namine and Xion into account.

Before anyone calls Xion pointless or heaven's sake, "Mary-sue", I believe that her role was important not only for 358/2, but also for Kairi in terms of development. Xion was "Sora's memories of Kairi," and that's when the gears start clicking and I decided to conclude that her actions and behavior would somehow relate to Kairi. I wasn't disappointed when I played 358/2, where after getting over how cute and adorable she was, realized that her fierce determination and wanting for being able to withstand her own would not be a far cry from KH1 Kairi's tomboyish and spunky behavior and KH2 Kairi's want to fight alongside her friends. The most memorable thing I could remember was her collecting the Thlassasa shells, which I believe not only reinforces the fact that she's emulating Kairi, but in a way solidifies the suggestion that she is a direct reflection of her. So, connecting the dots, I figured that Xion was a sort of 'hidden window' into this other side of Kairi that was not directly seen in the game cutscenes.

Namine was also fun to think about. Knowing her origins [Kairi's heart within Sora's body and when released created her], there were two logical conclusions as to who she could be symbolically representing: Sora, or Kairi. Well, since Sora isn't a timid, seemingly shy person who can draw [for all I know. Maybe Sora is a hidden Picasso], I figured that she too may offer insight into who Kairi is as a character. Namine standing up against Larxene [and getting knocked out by her] sorta reflected the same actions of KH1 Kairi willing to protect heartless Sora on Hollow Bastion. 

The way I concluded, Xion and Namine not only stood out as their own characters, but were also windows into this other side of Kairi that would be pointless [and doing her a grave injustice] had her development be regulated to short cutscenes. 

Have you SEEN the fights with the ships for FF7? It's still ongoing TO THIS VERY DAY.

I never thought about Xion and Namine that way before! :O

I actually like this insight. Xion stands on her own as a solid character, but there are definitely elements of Kairi's as well as Sora's personality in her. And honestly, this makes me want to see the three interact in KH3 somehow. Kairi's interactions with female characters have been depressingly brief, which is a shame because it's clear she's friends with Selphie, and her short interactions with Naminé showed that there's potential for friendship to form. Same with Olette.

As for FF7 ships... eh, every fandom has its ships. I never really understood why ship wars are such a big deal and why people can't just let people ship what they want.Anyway...

the scene on the dock bulid kairi's character and so does the cave scenes and her love for fairytales as shown in both bbs and chi bubt ok lets ignore that >_>
Even so, these scenes are extremely short, and a lot of her interactions still hinge upon Sora. My problem with the ship becoming canon in KH3 is that it basically shoehorns Kairi into the role of love interest before letting her gain some agency and show her individuality outside of a very narrow range of character relations. Not so much a problem with the ship so much as how Kairi is utilized in the games vs the manga. She's probably the least developed of KH's original leads, and if anything, I'd love to see what traits we have seen expanded. I definitely like the comments here on her daydreaming about doing some heroic deeds herself. Kh2 shows that she does not like being left behind. In fact, she wanted to go along for the ride in KH1 after she was revived.

I highly doubt it. The Sokai shipping kinda dropped off the radar, and it's generally safer to let relationships stay open and ambiguous so more people can relate to them

What's more... it's not like KH3 is the end of the series. Making Sora and Kairi an actual couple in future games?

well

that'd actually be pretty cool

but it'd never happen

you can't have a couple as the main characters, it seems, unless there's personal drama that drives them apart. We seem incapable of removing the concept of a stable marriage as a reward when it comes to relationships in media.

Personally, at most, I could see Sora and Kairi kissing at an important part of KH3. But even then, it'd probably be more than just a kiss, probably some light powers involved or something too.

Yes and Sora will accidently knock up Kairi with twins . Then it will be revealed Kairi was also boning Riku and they will go on Maury to see who the daddy really is .

knowing this series it would turn out the father was Xehanort from the future

Personally, at most, I could see Sora and Kairi kissing at an important part of KH3. But even then, it'd probably be more than just a kiss, probably some light powers involved or something too.

^this is exactly what I have always thought up xD

Mickey: ''We need ur lightness coz u guise have the most lightness''

Riku: ''Kiss to activate it''

Sora and Kairi: ''Lol no''

Ventus: ''Do it noobs''

Aqua: ''The fans demand it''

Edited by KittensOnFire

"kiss to activate it"

I'm dying xD

Master Xehanort: "No my one weakness Teenagers kissing!!!" dies

Other 13 Darkness "Teh Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccc..." all dies

I absolutely, undoubtedly want this. this is my number one wish for KH3. Although I do understand when people say they want her character developed more. I'm really hoping she'll have more of a role in KH3 and appear a hell of a lot more.