Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kibo

Question regarding Namine's name (Little spoiler).

Hey all! Most of the nobodies all have an "X" in their name. Sora-> RoXas  and Lea-> AXel

But what about Namine? I aint no English expert, but i cannot identify a X in her name.

And it was revealed that (SPOILER) Namine is Kairi's Nobody. So why is there no X in her name?

Was it because she was not named by Organization XIII?

Thanks!

Well, what really bothers me is that Namine's name is different from Kairi's. If Namine is Kairi's nobody, then why does it have different letters? I clearly see no N,M,or E in Kairi's name. ( Ha! N.M.E.! That's a reference to something Right Back at Ya!) What's the meaning of this?

Well if I recall correctly, "nami" means "wave" in Japanese. And "né" means "born" in French. So Naminé's name can be translated into "born from a wave" which fits in to the water theme going on in Kairi's name, which is derived from the Japanese word "Kai" meaning "ocean." :)Peace!

Exactly what Sakaki said. Both Kairi's and Namine's names have to do with water, so that's the connection between their names. :)

Well if I recall correctly, "nami" means "wave" in Japanese. And "né" means "born" in French. So Naminé's name can be translated into "born from a wave" which fits in to the water theme going on in Kairi's name, which is derived from the Japanese word "Kai" meaning "ocean." :)Peace!

It's "the sound of waves" in Japanese (there are a few bits of wordplay on this in the novels; the accented é in English is just there as a pronunciation aid), probably referring to her status as Kairi's "shadow".

Edited by Ultima Spark

Fun fact that Namine and Shion have much in common.

Namine in japanese can mean 'sound of the waves' or "波の音 - Nami no ne"While Xion's can be written as 'Shio-on' in japanese - or '潮音' which means 'sound of the tide'

But yes, Namine's name does not have an X in it - and as for Xion's name her/his name was a very clever name thought up by Square Enix since it can mean 'Sound of the tide' plus 'No.i and X'

Fun fact that Namine and Shion have much in common. Namine in japanese can mean 'sound of the waves' or "波の音 - Nami no ne"While Xion's can be written as 'Shio-on' in japanese - or '潮音' which means 'sound of the tide' But yes, Namine's name does not have an X in it - and as for Xion's name her/his name was a very clever name thought up by Square Enix since it can mean 'Sound of the tide' plus 'No.i and X'

It's amazing how much thought was put into Xion's name.Peace!

Nami = wave

ne = sound

Her name translates to ``sound of the wave`` or ``born form the wave``

Kairi`s name means sea/ocean

ikr?

Now if only square enix made more effort to make newer KH characters with original faces instead of having cloned characters around ~ that'd be great

they have the same face BECAUSE they are kairi...or memories of kairi

I think it's Org XIII's thing to throw an X in.  They're the only one's we seen use that system, anagram and an X right?

Also KittensOnFire ^ already explained the origin of her name, I think it suits.  

Fun fact that Namine and Shion have much in common. Namine in japanese can mean 'sound of the waves' or "波の音 - Nami no ne"While Xion's can be written as 'Shio-on' in japanese - or '潮音' which means 'sound of the tide' But yes, Namine's name does not have an X in it - and as for Xion's name her/his name was a very clever name thought up by Square Enix since it can mean 'Sound of the tide' plus 'No.i and X'

It's amazing how much thought was put into Xion's name.Peace!

FUN FACT!Shion, in Japanese floragraphy, comes out as "I won't forget you" or "remembrance."Tissues are on the left