Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

Never would have thought I'd see the day so many KH fans would be angry or upset with Tetsuya Nomura.

I don't really care who's behind this, the result is unchanged, FFVII will milk Square Enix. Actually, this wouldn't be the first time KH fans are pissed at Nomura, just look at how people complained about DDD's story and at 2.8 (which clearly tries to milk Square again). I don't agree with Nomura, and I wouldn't care if it were someone else, I just think it's a bad idea towards the fanbase (obviously it's better for the company).

I'm actually weirdly okay with this? Assuming the value of each part is roughly on part with a 60 dollar game in totality, this works for me a lot. I mean, hate to say it, but the people who enjoyed FF7 are likely a much older audience, and have less time overall to sit and just dig into a huge, meaty JRPG. An episodic format allows you to digest it in a much more relaxed manner. Essentially, this is respecting my time (if not necessarily my wallet) so yeah, I appreciate it.And it allows it to come out a LOT sooner, but people probably weren't thinking about that.

I understand your point, but it isn't worth it, I'm not paying 3 times the original price of the game just to make it a bit better for a part of the audience (in which I'm included in).

This... is a really, really stupid idea. This week's just been one big mood-killer for me with the FFVII remake. I was excited when it was first announced, but with this announcement, I'm honestly considering skipping on it. Square finally does something that the fans have wanted for ages, and when we get it, they go and make it far more complicated than it should be.

FFVII Remake was awsome at first, but the more they show us about it, the more dissapointed we get (at least us two xD)

I've played games larger than the original FFVII on consoles that have a lot less power. Heck, Xenoblade X just released this weekend, and it's a massive open-world RPG on the Wii U. If the Wii U can handle that on one disc, I see no reason why FFVII needs to be an episodic release when it's on the PS4 and Xbox One. If it takes multiple discs, make it a multi-disc release, don't split it into multiple separate games. That's just ridiculous. The original FFVII had 3 discs, they easily could have done the same for the remake. This is just milking the game.

I'm honestly beginning to expect that they'll just split it into three "full-length" games so each can be sold at full price. We all know people would buy the full game for a total of $180 if they did that...

Exactly, Xenoblade X is enormous, and it's got good graphics, so it should be near as big as FFVII, at the very least, and it isn't split into different games, actually, I can guess that updates will be released to make it even better, and the WiiU can handle that, why couldn't the PS4 do so?

This game is clearly milking Square, just like 2.8. I had my doubts about buying it or not, and you can ask some other users, I've said that it was too soon to start getting dissapointed, but that's it, I'm not getting it (I don't even know if I'll get a PS4 in the first place, so that's that).

Can't believe even here people are just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Take a look at a part of the interview and see if you're still angry now. It would have been impossible and I doubt anyone wanted to wait until the NEXT generation of consoles.

"Q

I got it. And I heard it’ll be multiple parts.

Kitase-san

Yes. The reason why we haven’t gave a go for VII remake is that it’s extremely hard to remake FFVII with the current technology, and to be honest, we hesitated. Remaking FFVII in HD without losing the original’s “density” requires more than one part.

Nomura-san

If we were to put it in one part, then we have to cut many parts and deliver it as a digest. Nobody wants that kind of game. Plus, users can explore many places in Midgar where they couldn’t in the original game. Once we decided to remake VII, we will develop those details and more. Of course we have to cut some parts from the original, but users can expect the VII world that only VII Remake can deliver. We estimate that, with the quality of those details, the volume of the game will be larger than the original after all. You may worry about the schedule, and we want to provide the game as soon as possible. Making it multiple parts is the line we drew to deliver the game."

Can't believe even here people are just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Take a look at a part of the interview and see if you're still angry now. It would have been impossible and I doubt anyone wanted to wait until the NEXT generation of consoles."QI got it. And I heard it’ll be multiple parts.Kitase-sanYes. The reason why we haven’t gave a go for VII remake is that it’s extremely hard to remake FFVII with the current technology, and to be honest, we hesitated. Remaking FFVII in HD without losing the original’s “density” requires more than one part.Nomura-sanIf we were to put it in one part, then we have to cut many parts and deliver it as a digest. Nobody wants that kind of game. Plus, users can explore many places in Midgar where they couldn’t in the original game. Once we decided to remake VII, we will develop those details and more. Of course we have to cut some parts from the original, but users can expect the VII world that only VII Remake can deliver. We estimate that, with the quality of those details, the volume of the game will be larger than the original after all. You may worry about the schedule, and we want to provide the game as soon as possible. Making it multiple parts is the line we drew to deliver the game."

By extremely hard they probably mean alot of resources. Probably more or less like FFXV. 

The thing is, technically that would be a bad idea. No way would they spend the resources needed for a brand new FF main title, on a remake, even if it is FFVII. They can do it, but I assume they'd rather make FFXVI instead.

If you think about it it doesn't seem like that bad of an idea it all really comes down to how long each episode will be and how much each one will cost, if it is fairly long and reasonably priced then I see nothing wrong with this.  I can't really give a decent opinion until there is more to go on so how about every put down your pitchforks and torches because we basically have less information then we did when they announced the Remake

Can't believe even here people are just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Take a look at a part of the interview and see if you're still angry now. It would have been impossible and I doubt anyone wanted to wait until the NEXT generation of consoles."QI got it. And I heard it’ll be multiple parts.Kitase-sanYes. The reason why we haven’t gave a go for VII remake is that it’s extremely hard to remake FFVII with the current technology, and to be honest, we hesitated. Remaking FFVII in HD without losing the original’s “density” requires more than one part.Nomura-sanIf we were to put it in one part, then we have to cut many parts and deliver it as a digest. Nobody wants that kind of game. Plus, users can explore many places in Midgar where they couldn’t in the original game. Once we decided to remake VII, we will develop those details and more. Of course we have to cut some parts from the original, but users can expect the VII world that only VII Remake can deliver. We estimate that, with the quality of those details, the volume of the game will be larger than the original after all. You may worry about the schedule, and we want to provide the game as soon as possible. Making it multiple parts is the line we drew to deliver the game."

Fair enough, I shall take your (or Nomura's) word, I shall see by myself how good it really is. If it is the best game resource-wise in PS4, I will admit that it was necesary, and I will understand this decision. However, if it isn't, then I won't change my mind, this game only milks Square. 

I'm not jumping on the hate wagon, I'm just saying true facts that Shulk kindly pointed out, and this is far from surprising, Square and Nomura have already done this before.

http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-episod-1746564216

Each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

Looks like it won't be quite like telltale episodes.

Either way i'm just gonna wait till they're all released and buy the inevitible 'Complete Collection'

In their recent interview with Famitsu, producer Yoshinori Kitase & director Tetsuya Nomura revealed some details regarding the development team of Final Fantasy VII Remake. There a few interpretations going around but nothing making this crystal clear so I decided to ask the very best translator I know to get the details across perfectly. Thanks to goldpanner you can read it below.

--Currently, Kitase, Nomura, (Kazushige) Nojima and Hashimoto's names have come up, but who else will participate, and what kind of structure will development take?

Kitase - With the models, for example, the director of our company's Visual Works is supervising, and I'm involved in the data, that sort of thing.

Nomura - For design, there's (Robert) Ferrari, who is mainly working on minor characters like Biggs and the other two that we revealed recently, and then there are core members from programming and planning who work closely with external subcontractors as we move forward.

Kitase - These core members are gathering and supervising at the same time as they are working with several development studios, which is currently the natural way to go about development. One of these is CyberConnect2 (heron CC2), who also helped us with FFVII G Bike.
Edited by Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake is the highly anticipated remake of 1997's industry changing Final Fantasy VII. It will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience. Leading development is Producer, Yoshinori Kitase who was the original game's Director and co-Scenario Writer along with Director Tetsuya Nomura who was co-Base Story writer, Battle Visual Director & Character Designer on the original game and Scenario Writer Kazushige Nojima. Square Enix is working with CyberConnect2 and many other external studios to bring this title to life, first on PlayStation 4.

A static custom theme for PS4 is included with the PS4 port of the original game.

Message from Yoshinori Kitase

I've gotta admit, even with the episodic nature of this remake, I'm still pretty hyped. (Although not as hyped as I might be for KH3 or FFX-3. :P )

That being said, I'm glad Barret doesn't look unbelievably unrealistic anymore. Not that FF is known for realism, but his body shape was just impossible in the original. xD

After picking up the PS4 port, I can safely say that my enthusiasm for FFVII has returned. Here's hoping that Kitase and the others keep the charm of the original game, no matter how hard that might be to replicate.

:D

I'm not as attached to Final Fantasy VII as most people are, so I have virtually zero problems with any changes made to the game, all I care is that it is engaging and that I get my money's worth out of each episode.

Episode 1? 2017.

2017?! Wow, that's close to around when everyone's speculating KH3, and that's had at least 3 years so far. Isn't each part supposed to have enough in it to last the length of a whole game? How would they make it that fast?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea, it's just considering how skeptical you tend to be it's a little surprising to hear you make such an optimistic guess. I'd be interested to hear your reasons for that conclusion.  :ohmy:

In any case, I don't mind anything they do provided that they get the whole story in there, every character's personality and every event is mostly the same, with a few tweaks here and there to fit in with the Compilation universe...unless this just retcons everything, which I hope it doesn't, and that there might be some cool added features such as having a little more exposure to Zack (or maybe play as him ala Laguna flashback style, eh?). I just really want to hear Rick Gomez again. T3T

Stylistic changes are okay, as long as they aren't too drastic. Like say if they made Aerith look like a goth or something, that would be a no-no. So far they seem to be doing a good job with the designs on Cloud and Barret. I like how Cloud's appearance is sort of a compromise between his HD original look (Dissidia, KH, anything with his original hair and outfit in more detail) and his Compilation look, giving him his original outfit but with a bit more of the Crisis Core black style for Soldier 1st Class rather than the dark navy/purple that we tend to see everywhere else (can no one just agree on what color each class is? Seriously! xP ) , as well as a hair style that isn't as gravity defying spiky as the original look but not as short and close cut as the Compilation look either. It literally feels like they fused Original Cloud with Compilation Cloud, and I LOVE IT! And of course, the Buster Sword is given it's proper model, with the little gold thing around the holes and everything, I love that! I also like how Barret's hair is a little more toned down and he's given some sun glasses too, kind of helps him fit in with modern Final Fantasy titles. Also, sounds like he's not as much of a loud mouth, but maybe that changes a little bit later one. I'm fine either way. X3

I can't wait to see what they do with the other characters you meet in Midgar, and I look forward to field allies Yuffie and Vincent in updated looks too! I just can't wait to take all of this in! X3 <3

...one installment at a time. T3T"

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

2017?! Wow, that's close to around when everyone's speculating KH3, and that's had at least 3 years so far. Isn't each part supposed to have enough in it to last the length of a whole game? How would they make it that fast?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea, it's just considering how skeptical you tend to be it's a little surprising to hear you make such an optimistic guess. I'd be interested to hear your reasons for that conclusion.  :ohmy:

It already looks better than KH3 and it's been in development for about two years now.

It already looks better than KH3 and it's been in development for about two years now.

Oh. Well nevermind then. I honestly  had no idea how long they've been working on this. I guess that does look pretty good for just 2 years though. Gotta imagine how great it'll look by 2017 though, I can hardly wait. X3

The only thing I'm really worried about as far as it being episodic is how they're going to handle post-game content (it's a JRPG, so there's going to be some =P). Is it designed around a season pass type thing, where getting to the end is the last point you can start from, or will it be more akin to BBS where each episode/chapter plays by its own rules?

Aside from that, I'm stoked. I absolutely love the idea of it being episodic; it's so much less daunting going into it. As much as I love FF7, I've only ever played (most of it) once, and that was as a kid; revisiting everything all at once, in between the various things going on in my life made me a tiny bit apprehensive, and like I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it and it would sort of languish (like the FF10 remaster) as one of those unfinished games. But episodic allows it to fit much better into my life, so screw the haters on that one.

WAT? Sora 96 being more optimistic than me? I didn't think that was possible.

In all honesty though, I don't think it'll be out in 2017, but I don't think we know enough about what the game is going for to say much.

They're doing it episodic. It's also a remake, they're also working with many studios. It's already been in development for two years. It already looks better than KH3. Should easily be out in two years.