Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I've been wanting to ask this for a while and now seems to be the perfect time. Ever since KH 2 I've been hearing people asking g for a Toy Story world. I want to know why. Why do you want a Toy Story world in KH3, what's the appeal? I've seen the movie and, yeah, it's cute, but I just don't see the attraction of putting it in the game. Maybe you can help me understand.

Because a) it's a popular movie, and arguably the best Pixar movie, and b) there were character models for Buzz and Woody in BBS' game files, so SE clearly seriously considered including them at one point, if only as summons.

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

Because a) it's a popular movie, and arguably the best Pixar movie, and b) there were character models for Buzz and Woody in BBS' game files, so SE clearly seriously considered including them at one point, if only as summons.

No, I'm asking why the players personally want Toy Story in KH. Regardless of ahy hints or is popularity, I want people to tell me their specific, personal reasons for wanting it in the game. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Why Tangled?

Why Frozen?

Why Baymax?

Why xy?

I've seen the movies and yeah, they are cute, but I don't see the attraction of putting them in the game.

I don't want to sound harsh, but you can ask this question for every movie. The answer depends on your personal taste, so I don't think you will get a convincing answer.

I want Toy Story because I like it. Simple.

It's considered the best Pixar movie by many(probably the most popular Pixar film/franchise), and there was also a plan to include them beforehand, whether it be the initial models for KH2 or the initial outer word design for KH1.Not to mention it would be awesome to see Sora, Donald & Goofy shrink down to toys height and fight toy heartless etc :)

It's considered the best Pixar movie by many(probably the most popular Pixar film/franchise), and there was also a plan to include them beforehand, whether it be the initial models for KH2 or the initial outer word design for KH1.Not to mention it would be awesome to see Sora, Donald & Goofy shrink down to toys height and fight toy heartless etc :)

Where does that come from? It was never stated that concept was for Toy Stoy, every world from Destiny Islands to Hollow Bastian was named in the book, but no mention of Toy Story. To me it seems more likely to me that it was a concept for Traverse Town and people are just seeing what they want to see. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

No, I'm asking why the players personally want Toy Story in KH. Regardless of ahy hints or is popularity, I want people to tell me their specific, personal reasons for wanting it in the game.

...because some people really like it (it's popular) and because some people would want to see SE continue the work they already started (game files). Thought that was implied.

Also, there's the obvious answer of "Because it would be fun". Why else do people want any worlds for KH3?

Where does that come from? It was never stated that concept was for Toy Stoy, every world from Destiny Islands to Hollow Bastian was named in the book, but no mention of Toy Story. To me it seems more likely to me that it was a concept for Traverse Town and people are just seeing what they want to see.

http://i.imgur.com/lgMXwtZ.png Make what you will of this but there's literally a barn that says "Al's" on it(Not to mention the obvious Pizza Planet rocket, as well as Andy's house at the left too)

Edited by The Kingdom Panel

Where does that come from? It was never stated that concept was for Toy Stoy, every world from Destiny Islands to Hollow Bastian was named in the book, but no mention of Toy Story. To me it seems more likely to me that it was a concept for Traverse Town and people are just seeing what they want to see

It was definitely a concept for a Toy Story world. You could see the Pizza planet and a barn which looks like Al's Toy Barn.

I really hope we get Toy Story for KH3. Would be amazing!!

Edited by Felixx

...because some people really like it (it's popular) and because some people would want to see SE continue the work they already started (game files). Thought that was implied.Also, there's the obvious answer of "Because it would be fun". Why else do people want any worlds for KH3?

I mean, I get that there where hints in KH2 and the recent screens hot. But it's been a well know fact that No mm ura has wanted to put the Jungle Book in KH for years, there was even a whole world map for it in BbS, yet I don't see anywhere near as much demand for The Jungle Book as I do for Toy Story so I don't think the hints have anything to do with it. Though I get that people like the movie, but do they must realize that the story would be just as condensed and watered down as any other Disney World. I dunno, YS just doesn't hold the same charm for me as Disney does, not Pixar movie does actually. Except Brave. And Finding Nemo. I mean, I find DreamWorks movies more charming than Pixar, so if I don't find the full movie that enteraining, a watered doWm version of it would be flat out boring for me. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

i think it just boils down to "Hey I liked this movie a lot and it should be in a KH game!"

the fact that Toy Story is considered to be one of the more popular Pixar films, the few instances where it was almost included in the series and the recent Attraction Flow ride reveal of that Buzz Laser Gallery thing only serve to drive people's desire for Toy Story to get an official world.

It was definitely a concept for a Toy Story world. You could see the Pizza planet and a barn which looks like Al's Toy Barn. I really hope we get Toy Story for KH3. Would be amazing!!

Why then was it never mentioned by name, like every single other world in that book?

Why then was it never mentioned by name, like every single other world in that book?

No idea. 

But it was supposed to be a Toy Story world. You can see Al's Toy barn, the pizza planet rocket, Andy's house.

Don't know what other proof you need, really  :/

No idea. But it was supposed to be a Toy Story world. You can see Al's Toy barn, the pizza planet rocket, Andy's house.Don't know what other proof you need, really :/

Or it could be Merlin's house, the Gizmo Shop, the Small House and a Gummi ship. I just think that if it was intended to by Toy Story, then it would have had a page dedicated to it, with the name of the movie and field concept art, like every other world. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Or it could be Merlin's house, the Gizmo Shop, the Small House and a Gummi ship. I just think that if it was intended to by Toy Story, then it would have had a page dedicated to it, with the name of the movie and field concept art, like every other world.

It says "Al's" on the barn. What barns do you know that say "Al's" on them?

I know only one.

I don't wanna sound rude, but to me it looks like you don't want Toy Story in KH, so you just ignore the facts.

And if it really was an early concept art for Traverse Town (which I highly doubt), why didn't it say so anywhere?

The only facts we have are this concept art, and it looks like Toy Story for me.

It says "Al's" on the barn. What barns do you know that say "Al's" on them?I know only one.I don't wanna sound rude, but to me it looks like you don't want Toy Story in KH, so you just ignore the facts.And if it really was an early concept art for Traverse Town (which I highly doubt), why didn't it say so anywhere?The only facts we have are this concept art, and it looks like Toy Story for me.

That could either be "Al's" or "M's". Too small to tell for sure. Sometimes it looks like "Al's" to me, but most of the time it looks like "M's" hell, the more I soon in, the more it looks like an M.I honestly don't care one way or the other, I just saying it's not concrete until otherwise stated by official sources and thus far it hasn't. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

98% want Toy Story in the game for Nostalgia. That's pretty much it. It's Pixar's poster child, therefore, Square Enix fans want it in.

Arguably, the best Pixar movie to date is Inside Out.

Geez you seem dead set on not wanting Toy Story in this game. I get if you don't care for the movie that much (personally I think Pixar films are more charming than Dreamworks films), but you seem to be flat out denying any physical proof we've had of there ever being a chance for it to be in the series. That icon very clearly says "Al's" on it, and again, that is definitely the Pizza Planet rocket, I wouldn't mistake it for anything else. And in terms of "Why Toy Story", let me answer with another question. Why not? Seriously, why is it that every other Disney movie that is chosen to be in KH is just accepted without question but when it comes to Toy Story you feel like it's not worthy of the same acceptance. You could literally ask the same question about worlds that were already feature in the series. Why Hunchback of Notre Dame? Why Nightmare Before Christmas? Why Pinochio? Because all of those movies are classics and a lot of us really love them and want to see them come to life in a new interesting way we've never seen before. And that applies to Toy Story too. Honestly I think it can only be considered a question worth asking if you don't care for it or don't want to see it like the other worlds. Toy Story has that same amount of magic that those other films do, so it deserves just as much chance as every other movie we've seen get adapted. Why is it that we suddenly need more reason other than "it was fun and I want to see it"? It's a fun creative movie that could certainly lead to some fun and creative moments, and I really want to see what they would do to make it a fun experience. There could be moments of trying to move from room to room or house to house, sure, but there could also be segments where imagination comes to life, similar to how some levels of the Toy Story 3 game worked. It also helps that Toy Story has recently become relevant again thanks to Toy Story 3 and all the spin off shorts that came with it. And again, there is a clear desire by Nomura and the team to include it, and there's a clear desire by the fans to see it happen, so if two and two are in agreement than what's really stopping it? The film's plot by itself may feel pretty flat to you, but for many people it's enough to tug at their heartstrings, and it's Kingdom Hearts, there's many ways to spice up even the most basic of plots if it's given the chance.

Toy Story is my favorite film and film franchise from Pixar, but I made a thread a while back on why I thought a world based on it wouldn't work in Kingdom Hearts. I still stand by pretty much everything I brought up.

In short: it's really incompatible with Kingdom Hearts in terms of the structure and layout of the premise mixing into that of the KH universe. A summon, like it was planned for in KH2, is really the closest thing that can work for it.

I'd prefer a KH3 with pure Disney movies. I love (Disney) Pixar, but I don't know it's weird to have Pixar in it. Like Marvel is also from Disney. A KH game with wolverine would also be weird, even though I love Marvel.Or Star Wars for example. So I understand the different point of views.. but yeah, change is not always easy. And I'd love KH to stay like it is. Just Disney and Square Enix. It worked perfectly until now.

Honestly, in my opinion, I'd love to see Toy Story make it into Kingdom Hearts III, or any other entry in the series!  Seeing Sora and the gang interact with Woody, Buzz and friends is an exciting prospect, and seeing Sora the size of a toy would be most amusing!  Then there's the themes on which Toy Story touches upon, which are friendship, loyalty and perseverance through the toughest of hardships, ya know?  Those themes relate a lot to Kingdom Hearts, and it would be awesome to see a world based off Toy Story play off! :D