Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Thought Call of Duty would fall?

The Call of Duty franchise has now surpassed 250 million units sold life-to-date worldwide.

Call of Duty was the #1 franchise in North America for the seventh year in a row.

Monthly active users for the franchise up 20%.

Call of Duty: BO3, had the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year.

Eh, I kind of already expected CoD to still be alive. As much as I don't like CoD, those numbers are just gonna keep going up until no more ideas can be made for the series. But even then, there are still plenty of millions upon millions of players who will still continue playing them possibly even 10 to 20 years from now. It's pretty inevitable, unless there eventually becomes a drastic decline in FPSMMO popularity in the next decade. xD

No matter what, though, I will always love my Portal games. <3

Rock on!

I don't hate Call of Duty. Actually, I love playing Nazi Zombies. Playing that brought some good times so I'm happy to see those who put so much hard work into doing what they love get to see it pay off.

Afaik BO3 sold less copies than the other CoDs.

I have played every CoD since COD4 and the games lost their quality after MW3. This modern setting is boring as hell. BO3 is the first COD I didn't buy.

Success doesn't mean a mark of Quality

These games are successful due to it's yearly installments to stay active in gaming, and appealing to anyone as much as possible.

In that, these games will put everything or nothing to please the children and the older men who casually play the game, also the fact that these people only play cod and some sport games. Those aren't the people i would want to sell a game to and they merely see games as a play thing.

lol heyyyy good for them. i wonder if it helps having three developers stacking their own individual installments in a yearly release pattern? helps to keep consistent releases and (possibly) allow for more time to develop and make a better game. 

obviously that last part is just inferred. i've heard a wide range of remarks about the quality of CoD games but in theory i would imagine that since each developer isn't forced to make a game within a year, they would be able to put more effort into their game. 

Success doesn't mean a mark of Quality

These games are successful due to it's yearly installments to stay active in gaming, and appealing to anyone as much as possible.

In that, these games will put everything or nothing to please the children and the older men who casually play the game, also the fact that these people only play cod and some sport games. Those aren't the people i would want to sell a game to and they merely see games as a play thing.

A lot of them are also critically acclaimed. If you don't like them that's fine, no reason to go hating on them though.

A lot of them are also critically acclaimed. If you don't like them that's fine, no reason to go hating on them though.

That really applies to many of mainstream games, just many gripes i have with the so called top dog of FPS and It even isn't hate for the sake of hating. I've played them when i was younger and a lot of things turn me off. People scream and children cursing at each other, and this stupid mindset of these people who are only okay with Familiarity and damn anything other products or more artistic projects worth putting time into or showing interest. That's why i hate it. Also the children who play these games become in this norm that only COD is worth interest, anything you show these kids to get into games, they will discard them if it isn't overly violent or COD in general. Lastly Cod has stupid way of conveying Mature themes or Maturity, At times being over sexual, Talking down to a player like they know who there audience and Cursing for the sake of it but that is most AAA games or most made by americans.

Not throwing the usual COD is GAY or It's dumb, but the series has become a joke due to its new setting which isn't what its supposed to be. When did a military shooter become a cyberpunk thing? 

Eh, I'm honestly not into the whole Call Of Duty craze.  The only ones I own are Black Ops I and II, and that's because I actually like them, and I'll probably get Black Ops III, but the other ones just don't get my attention!  Then again, when I'm facing lots of goons and slashing away at 'em, I don't have much time to pay attention to stuff! But yeah, not too big on Call Of Duty!

You aren't well placed to give an opinion then.

I've played 3 of them and have watched others closely. Sad thing is most CoD fans would probably agree with me if they tried a game like KH or FF. Heck, even Uncharted or MGS.

Edited by soravids

I've played 3 of them and have watched others closely. Sad thing is most CoD fans would probably agree with me if they tried a game like KH or FF. Heck, even Uncharted or MGS.

Final Fantasy XIII was inspired by Call of Duty. Toriyama & Kitase like CoD. Lol.

Not it wasn't, they're totally different. And good for them.

Lol.

Some people have been saying that the Japanese game industry is dead, and all that… I dunno. I will say that Final Fantasy XIII is one really epic title for high definition consoles. With this game, we are going to resurrect the whole thing. As for Western games that have influenced us — FPSs mostly. The Call of Duty series, for example.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/02/08/an-interview-with-final-fantasy-xiiis-kitase-and-toriyama/

The game was lightly influenced by it. That's far from FFXIII being a CoD inspired game. They just used it as an example.

Where are you getting the "lightly" from? An example of First-Person-Shooter. Kitase's well known for loving FPS. They also mentioned CoD in various other interviews. They mentioned in other interviews being much more interested in the pacing of a first-person shooter than a regular RPG.

Where are you getting the "lightly" from? An example of First-Person-Shooter. Kitase's well known for loving FPS. They also mentioned CoD in various other interviews. They mentioned in other interviews being much more interested in the pacing of a first-person shooter than a regular RPG.

The point is it's only one of many games that influenced it. They didn't say "how can we make this more CoD like?" in every phase of production. Being influenced by a game and being inspired by it are totally different.

The point is it's only one of many games that influenced it. They didn't say "how can we make this more CoD like?" in every phase of production. Being influenced by a game and being inspired by it are totally different.

They clearly said in regards to western games that influenced them "FPSs mostly" and then added CoD. I never said they did say that. Lol. Hardly.