Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
keyslinger

Could the New Jungle Book be in KH3?

With the new movie out I thought it was a good idea to speculate that the new Jungle Book could be in it. We know that  in Bbs the original Jungle Book was meant to appear but got cut. Also this version is a bit more darker than the original. I think it could work as a world.

It could be like the Pride Lands with Sora, Donald, and Goofy transforming into animals.

(Plus I want Baloo to teach Sora and the crew about the Bare Necessities. Despite my hatred for Atlantica I'd love to see Sora sing it.)

Why put in the live-action version when you could just go with the original animated one that obviously would make a better fit?

That's like if instead of going to the animated Wonderland we wound up in Tim Burton's "vision" of it.

I was just saying that because it's the most recent version and a bit darker, but yes the animated version could work too.

Since there was a live action movie in the kingdom hearts series before (Port Royal) I could see it happening, BUT the animated one will fit much better with it. What I"m trying to say is a live action version of a Disney movie is less likely to get into kingdom hearts 3 then an animated version of it. Not saying it's impossible for it to get into kh3 though

Edited by Zeldablade7

I was just saying that because it's the most recent version and a bit darker, but yes the animated version could work too.

It does look darker, but even the worlds based on animated films have had some fairly dark themes in them as is, so it's not like it needs to be there either.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

True. But no matter what it could work.

I just don't personally think it would be a good idea. It would just seem unnecessary. 

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Honestly I rather have the animated version of the Jungle Book in the Kingdom Hearts series instead of the new live-action movie. In my opinion I think the original Jungle Book 1967 fits better as world because it feels natural and I think flows better. The only reason why I didn't mind Port Royal in Kingdom Hearts 2 because I'm a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan and I was hoping it would be a one time thing, however I didn't like the realistic look of The Grid in Dream Drop Distance. Live action worlds looks and feels unnatural in the Kingdom Hearts so far. especially since Sora and Riku look cartoony in the live-action worlds.

Well, I haven't watched either versions of the film, so I can't gauge which version I'd like to see make it into Kingdom Hearts III, ya know?  But since the animated version was planned for Birth By Sleep but eventually scrapped, maybe it'll make its way into Kingdom Hearts III, ya know? 

I doubt it. Development has been going on for a few years now. They are probably only going to include films that released pre 2015. Even then I think the newest movie they'll include is Big Hero 6.

Not likely. It has three obstacles in its way, at least. First and foremost, it's brand new. They decided on the worlds at least a year ago while their wasn't even any footage for this film yet.

Secondly, Visual style. While it remains to be seen how well Kingdom Shader coupled with Unreal Engine 4 could handle live action inspired worlds in KH, they've been divisive inclusions in the past.

Thirdly, iconicity. It makes sense that they would want to include the animated version, as that is the most iconic and the one they've been trying to do as a world for 14-15 years.

and this isn't the first Live Action version the studio has done.

If a Jungle Book world appears in KH3(which I want more than anything) I want it to be based on the 1967 Classic however that doesn't mean it couldn't share some elements from the new film to give more development for the wolves. After all KH makes their own touch on the Disney films and if that means more development on a Jungle Book world I'm all for it.

I prefer Disney's Live Action jungle Book over the animated version.

However, in saying that, I think the animated version deserves the spotlight. It's been scrapped for Kingdom Hearts 1 and Birth by Sleep. I'd rather have the Live Action adaptations of the Disney animated movies be after Kingdom Hearts III: It'd be a new saga with a bunch of Live-Action worlds to explore by then.

Honestly I don't think so, and I feel the animated movie would have a much more natural flow to it, and fit better. I also don't understand why they would turn into animals, because in the movie humans exist. There is Mowgli and also the human village even though that doesn't show up much. 

Pirates of the Caribbean I can understand them putting it in, because the movie is based off an iconic ride that had been around for years and the ride was later remodeled to match the movie. 

I was never a fan of The Jungle Book and if I recall correctly, Nomura's thought about putting it in each game, but in the end the world always ends up cut. To me, I didn't miss it because I had Deep Jungle (Tarzan) in KH and Pride Lands (Lion King) in KHII. Adding in another jungle world would seem a bit much.

Depending on the other worlds in KHIII, it might not fit. From what we've seen from the KHIII trailers, I feel like it's a lot lighter/brighter than I think a Jungle Book world would be.