Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Lycoris

Is Kingdom Hearts popular where do you live?

I feel like a lot of people in America know about, they just don't talk about it and I have no idea why. I mentioned how I liked Kingdom Hearts to my assigned group in Algebra and the one kid didn't seem to know what it was but the other girl in my group goes: "How do you NOT know what Kingdom Hearts is?" Not to mention, my one art teacher and my friend said they had seen how much of a big following it had and that anywhere they went online they'd somehow run into it. I also had a couple of people who recognized the characters in my drawings and there have been a few students walking around with Kingdom Hearts shirts on and Kingdom Hearts pins on their backpacks. I also found two Just Press Plays with  HUGE and I mean HUGE white Kingdom Hearts advertisements with the picture of Sora on them, the KH 3 logo, and the words "Coming soon." in the iconic, black Disney font. So, yeah. I'd say it's really popular in the state I'm in.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

No. Here in Czech Republic I think I'm the only one who is a fan of Kingdom Hearts. Everyone here sees a Disney logo and immediately are like : "What is this stupid kids game?!"

As a one powerful Heartless once said: "One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

Sadly no. If I'm lucky there might be someone mentioning the new KH3, but I rarely hear folks speak of the series, which really sucks. However I do know one good pal that loves KH just as much as rest of us, but that pal is living like 8 hours away from my place. Oh well. The frustration when you're looking for groups in your area.   Also whenever someone judges the game based on Disney influence I'm all like

"Sure dude" Yeah I bet you have no real connection with a darkness lurking inside your light that could have you separated from your loved ones, battling inner voices about failure, jealousy and sorrow. For you it's all about visiting Didney worlds  :tongue:

Edited by IwasBornAsVentus

I'm from the Netherlands and i've never met someone that even knows Kingdom Hearts.

Geweldig nog een Nederlander op de forums God kan ik eens Nederlands praten met iemand hier die ook nog van Kingdom Hearts houd xD!

I did meet a few people though when I was still in high school who love Kingdom Hearts they downloaded emulators on school PC's just to play Kingdom Hearts xD. We were all... 15 or 16 or so and we were with 8 or so but only during recess and well... I didn't like any of them sure they were Kingdom Hearts fans and grew up with KH1 and KH2 (most of them got introduced into the series by KH2 just like me) but I never really had much fun talking with them.

Turned out later there were a few Kingdom Hearts players in my classroom but only played KH2 because the franchise was everywhere so yeah. One guy did keep folowing everything that was happening so:)

I did try to get people in the series but IT'S DISNEY so it must be bad... Ugh... Anyway happy to know there are more dutch fans out there.

Serieus ik wil mijn vrienden dwingen in een kamer alle Kingdom Hearts games te spelen zodat ze weeten waar ik het over heb.

i recall those Book Fairs we had in school every few times a year back when i was in elementary and middle school and without fail, there would always be Kingdom Hearts manga there. I live in California btw, and that's how most of my classmates back then were introduced to it.

Hmmm, it's not super mainstream or anything, but it's generally pretty well known among video game and anime fans. I'd say most people who are interested in those things have at least heard about it.

Personally, I know maybe three or people who are Kingdom Hearts fans, plus some people who have played it a bit but don't really call themselves fans.

I'm from the Netherlands and i've never met someone that even knows Kingdom Hearts.

The series is probably not heavily promoted in your region.  I still imagine that there are fans who are just under the radar.