Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hello everyone! I just finished the game yesterday, and after viewing the ending/epilogue as well as the secret ending, I have many thoughts and even MORE questions!

I just wanted to create a space for everyone to throw around ideas for discussion in regards to the secret ending. Of course, doing so creates spoilers, so be aware!

Anyways, what did everyone think? What are YOUR thoughts and questions?

On the Epilogue:

Spoiler

This opens the future of the series up to so many possibilities. We've got the chance to learn more about the Lost Masters, about Luxu, the Master of Masters, how Maleficent is going to play into things, etc. The Black Box like has something to do with MoM's return, Ava missing I THINK has to do with the mysterious girl that was found and experimented on and found to be not only from a different world, but a different TIME, and there is so much that could be added into this game just from the reveal there alone. I would love for a KHUχ related branch in the future and I can fully see it being a possibility. While I know it would never happen, I would love to have a character you can create that can go through a story themselves and not for it to just always focus primarily on Sora or even play through with your choice of Keyblade wielder like in BBS, but all the same story instead of three paths essentially. Sora being the main character may be changing depending on how he fares with his disappearance though (you just know he's going to come back).

The secret movie:

Spoiler

I kinda think it was a potential hint at one, or TWO possible new worlds. Obviously there was Yozora in it, which I think we could possibly get a new world featuring him in some regard, or that he might be the key to getting Sora back, or... The World Ends with You world again. I say this due to its focus on the 104 Building and the Scramble Crossing. Two VERY HEAVILY used areas in TWEWY. While I would love to see more of Neku, Shiki and the gang, I'm fairly sure at this point it was teasing potential story additions for later, and not so much a new game this time around.

Epilogue:

When I first heard Xigbars voice and he put his hood down my mouth hit the floor!! There always seemed to be something fishy about Xigbar, and I love how this changes certain scenes in the past! And it raises so many questions about Xigbars relationship with Roxas and Ventus. Because now when I look at Braig teasing Ven in the Keyblade Graveyard I know see Luxu who by all rights KNOW EXACTLY WHO HE IS! Though I honestly really liked his 'Death' scene and found it kinda dark and a fitting end for him so that was lessened by his return. 

I dont like how they dont explain how the lost masters came back...are they time traveling? Did they die in the war and Luxu somehow brought them back to life?? It's not explained at all and it was really distracting.

The boxes contents remained elusive as ever and jesus h christ I was hoping for more hints.

I really liked Eraqus and Xehanorts bit with the 'new game'. Though I kept thinking everytime they were on screen 'What the heck kinda game is this?!'

Also the 7th symbol, the heart with wings, I noticed was on a chalk board in Yen Sids tower, which just made my head spin woth what that could mean.

Overall, very good, if a little vague and frustrating on the detail but hey, it's supposed to make us want more so I'm cool with that.

[/spoiler]

The secret ending:

I was so hyped when I saw Shibuya and my mind just went back to that art piece Nomura made of TWEWY gang with Sora, and how he said they wouldn't be appearing in KH3 aND HOW IT NOW ALL MAKES SENSE BECAUSE WE DIDNT SEE THE CHARACTERS BUT THIS NOW HINTS AT THAT WORLD PLAYING A ROLE IN FUTURE GAMES AND *SCREAMS*!!

The whole Verum Rex thing was odd but I cant wait to see what's gonna come of it. It also faned my hopes of us going into other video game worlds like Wreck it Ralph, and maybe even visiting Tron again! Or maybe even finally getting to go to some final fantasy worlds. But the impications of video games and data containing hearts in the KH3 story really makes me wonder if that is gonna be a plot point or something they explore in the next coming games.

It doesnt quite hold a candle to the hype and speculation and set up created by the likes of Another Side Another Story, or The Gathering but for what it was it was really good. Cant wait to see everyones theories and thoughts for what it all means.

Edited by Fates Chance XIII

On the Epilogue:   

Obviously, we can count out the idea of Kingdom Hearts IV coming anytime soon. But I DO believe we will have a complementary game in-between, like CoM-BbS-Coded and others were. If Sora is lost, I think we will have ALL the others working together to bring him back. He saved them all, now it's their turn to return him the favor. Also, I do believe the Data-Sora could play a role in bringing the real Sora back. I mean, if they transfer Data-Sora's essence inside a Replica, he could live in the real world. Interesting, huh?  

I'm not familiar with TWEWY, but I guess its appearance is quite possible. About the guy named "Yozora", well, I'm not sure what to think. The closest thing I can imagine is that Riku is inside the world of the videogame; and that could mean one thing: Wreck-It Ralph's world. Maybe Riku is visiting the world inside this videogame.

Edited by Ursalink

on the epilogue:

Spoiler

xigbar being my fav OrgXIII member to have him being Luxu in reality was a blast,

how were the Lost Masters brought back remains to be explained and that box is still a secret that's yet to be cracked but hey, it will eventually,

on the secret ending:

Spoiler

found it rather interesting, for many reasons, one being i always really liked TWEWY and having it take a more predominant role in KH is something i will very much enjoy in the future. I somehow recall Nomura saying this IP was something he really wished he could do more with, so that along with sort of bringing back his other baby v13 in the form of Verum Rex, it should be interesting to say the least

on the meaning of it i was thinking about what YX had been saying to Sora all along, how his time in THIS world was most likely other and that there was a price to pay...

in the end Sora did disappeared and somehow made its way in TWEWY's shibuya.

now MoM is another one that for unknown reasons vanished as well and it's been assumed it was his plans all along, an i would say to an extent i believe so myself.

But what if he was aware of his own time in the world to be due as well, knowing he would vanish and be brought to this other dimension as well, which would explain him being in TWEWY's world as well, as i do firmly believe the black coated character from the secret ending to be him.

Sora appearing here is due to him overusing the power of waking or so it seems, so maybe that's something the MoM did as well, hence him being there too.

as for riku he would probably be here after using the power of waking to follow Sora and find him.

and as for Yozora that's something i can't really explain with what's known so far, although Verum Rex does take place in Shibuya as well, so that would be an hint at the kind of dimension they're trapped in, with the state of Toy Box's world.

problem being that MoM vanished before the Keyblade war so the TWEWY's world was still in the realm of light, before being cast away in darkness.

then again it isn't said that shibuya is one of the sleeping worlds either, so maybe it's in an other dimension altogether as well...

well, food for thoughts,

On the epilogue:

Spoiler

The epilogue was both surprising and not surprising. The surprising thing about it was the Xigbar/Luxu reveal. I always suspected that Xigbar had more of a role in the series than we knew, but I never imagined that he was Luxu. I figured he just had his own plans and would end up stabbing Xehanort in the back at some point. Which I guess is technically what happened, since I don't think Xehanort knew who he really was.

The reveal about the Foretellers was not surprising in the least. As soon as they announced the Back Cover movie for the 2.8 collection I knew that Kingdom Hearts X would end up tying into the main Kingdom Hearts story. That being said, I was super excited to see the Foretellers gather together (minus Ava). Seeing Sora and his friends finally interacting with Ventus, Aqua and Terra was amazing, so i  think seeing them meet the Foretellers will have a similar experience. I'm also super curious about the whereabouts of Ava. I feel like she's yet another character that we've already seen but she's claiming to be someone else. I'm looking forward to seeing how this next chapter will go down.

On the secret ending:

Spoiler

Hoo boy. I'm going to be honest here. I was not entirely on board with this secret ending, mainly Sora appearing in Shibuya. The idea of worlds based on other Square properties in Kingdom Hearts has always made me cringe. Now, before you get angry, let me explain. I love Final Fantasy, I love The World Ends With You, Chrono Trigger, all Square's stuff. However, I think they should just stick to including their characters in this series and not the worlds themselves. Why, you're probably asking? Because these are fully fledged video games, which means most of them have worlds that are ENORMOUS. TWEWY is one of the exceptions; their version of Shibuya is pretty small, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. But imagine adding the world of Final Fantasy VII to Kingdom Hearts. It sounds great in theory, but really think about it. FFVII's world is massive. Just HUGE. There's no way they would be able to add the whole thing and still have room for like seven other worlds after that. So they would have to add just a section. But what section do you include? Midgar? Cosmo Canyon? Nibelheim? No matter what section they include, there are going to be fans who get angry that the section they wanted didn't make the cut.

This brings me back to my issue with the whole "Sora in Shibuya" part of the ending. I'm concerned that this means that the next entry in the series is going to involve not just the world of TWEWY, but worlds based on other Square Enix properties as well. I would much prefer that they simply stick to the Disney worlds and just add more Square Enix characters. I just feel like, if you want to explore the worlds of other Square Enix titles, why not just pop the game in and explore it where it was first introduced? I don't have as big of an issue with Riku being in the world of Verum Rex, since it's a fictional game created specifically for Kingdom Hearts 3 (though I guess you could still call me a hypocrite since it was heavily influenced by FF Versus XIII), but I'm still not as on board with it as I'd like to be. 

To be clear here, I didn't hate the secret ending. It was interesting and I'm looking forward to finding out what it means. It just kind of... put me on edge. 

well then, epilogue

the intrigue for the next saga is quite something, looks as though the all the fore tellers and the master of master to be the bad guys who knows what bizarre plans theyll have, though it does make me wonder what braig was like before luxu took over his body, whats gonna happen with malefcient and pete will be something im sure as it seems theyve time travelled, they took a bit of a back seat in kh3 but that may not be the case

secret ending

seemingly quite conceptual, its a bit difficult to say, i think everyone's jumping the gun a bit with thinking it is a twewy world sure the 104 building is there but that doesnt automatically mean its a twewy world it could be an original world that neku and co come from with some traits from the game in the same way the game's iconic graffiti mural was in traverse town in ddd, im curious about what happens with yozora i wonder what sort of character he'll be, and im thinking the guy in the coat is the mast of masters as others are it does tie in with the foreteller set up in the epilogue

12 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

well then, epilogue

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

the intrigue for the next saga is quite something, looks as though the all the fore tellers and the master of master to be the bad guys who knows what bizarre plans theyll have, though it does make me wonder what braig was like before luxu took over his body, whats gonna happen with malefcient and pete will be something im sure as it seems theyve time travelled, they took a bit of a back seat in kh3 but that may not be the case

secret ending

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

seemingly quite conceptual, its a bit difficult to say, i think everyone's jumping the gun a bit with thinking it is a twewy world sure the 104 building is there but that doesnt automatically mean its a twewy world it could be an original world that neku and co come from with some traits from the game in the same way the game's iconic graffiti mural was in traverse town in ddd, im curious about what happens with yozora i wonder what sort of character he'll be, and im thinking the guy in the coat is the mast of masters as others are it does tie in with the foreteller set up in the epilogue

Spoiler

I like your theory about the city Sora is in as an original world rather than the actual Shibuya from TWEWY. I wouldn't mind if they did that. I am really hoping that this isn't what it looks like and they don't start incorporating worlds based on other Square Enix properties. And if you're right and this isn't what it looks like, it wouldn't be the first time that happened. Remember when everyone was convinced that the three armoured figures in the KHII/KHIIFM secret endings were Sora, Riku and Kairi and it was a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III? Hopefully the DLC will include an extended version of hte secret ending.

Spoiler

I'm excited but at the same time, I don't know much about KHUX so I can only ride on other peoples theories. I need to brush up more on the Foretellers, Luxu, and MoM. I watched Back Cover awhile ago but need to rewatch it.Still the Luxu reveal made me laugh "YOU CLEVER LITTLE SNEAK!" and I enjoyed it very much. That's my thoughts on the epilogue.

As for the Secret Ending? I don't know. Have to wait and see what it all leads to. They are always confusing the first time until we know what they are.

Epilogue:

Spoiler

I had high hopes for Xigbar in KH3 since he always seemed up to something, so when he fell off the cliff, my thoughts were "Well, okay, bye then.  That was anticlimactic and not what I was expecting".  And then I saw the epilogue I almost fell out of my chair.  I was expecting something from Xigbar, but not this much!  I love it and this is a good sign we'll see lots more of him especially since he's my second favorite character.

Secret Ending:

Spoiler

I hope this is a sign that the next KH games will be ditching the Disney worlds and go for more Square Enix originality or visiting their other games.  I loved TWEWY and would love to see it in Kingdom Hearts.  Plus the world with Yozora looked cool in the Toy Story world, and I actually thought it was based on an actual game Square Enix made and was disappointed when I found out it wasn't.  Hopefully that'll be a new world in Kingdom Hearts.

7 hours ago, Raynaninja said:

Epilogue:

Hide contents

I had high hopes for Xigbar in KH3 since he always seemed up to something, so when he fell off the cliff, my thoughts were "Well, okay, bye then.  That was anticlimactic and not what I was expecting".  And then I saw the epilogue I almost fell out of my chair.  I was expecting something from Xigbar, but not this much!  I love it and this is a good sign we'll see lots more of him especially since he's my second favorite character.

Secret Ending:

Hide contents

I hope this is a sign that the next KH games will be ditching the Disney worlds and go for more Square Enix originality or visiting their other games.  I loved TWEWY and would love to see it in Kingdom Hearts.  Plus the world with Yozora looked cool in the Toy Story world, and I actually thought it was based on an actual game Square Enix made and was disappointed when I found out it wasn't.  Hopefully that'll be a new world in Kingdom Hearts.

why would they ever ditch the disney worlds? its one of the main things about the series

On the Epilogue:

Spoiler

So the Foretellers Saga is next, and it's interesting. Really we know that their next action is getting the Master of Master back while Ava is out around doing something... But there are a lot stuff being set up on UX, we have the gathering of light, which technically never stopped, everyone is still gathering Lux, and at the same time they are also gathering Sin... So where does all that light and darkness go to? We know it isn't just strengthing our characters because the foretellers talk about gathering lux to keep the balance, and at the same time gathering darkness.

There is also the actions of Brain, and what happen to all the union leaders. We have so many points that really, we are back to the start.

On the Secret Ending:

Spoiler

Here well, we have Sora on Shibuya, we have Riku and Yozora on Shinjuku(Here is the proof, the building where Yozora is, and at the background of where Riku is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building, links to backup my claim https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Metropolitan_Government_Building , https://www.google.com/search?q=tokyo+metropolitan+government+building&rlz=1C1AVFC_enAR835AR835&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim9Yf-39TgAhX-EbkGHR79D8QQ_AUIDigB&biw=1280&bih=657 ). And the Master of Masters, or someone on a black coat close to all of then. Then there is what happen at the end of TWEWY which Nomura recommened play before playing KH3. So they have to have some weight... And we have Neku dying again, we have Shinjuku disappearing... And some more tie to TWEWY plot points... But this set up an interesting picture, this is happening whatever Shinjuku went to. Is Neku here too? Is this a kind of Nexus point?
We don't know right now, but we will know when Nomura reveals more about what im calling the Nomura-verse :P

Great posts, everyone!!! I love reading all of your thoughts/opinions as to what's happening and what could be forthcoming. Both of these endings are still the most haunting experience of KH3 for me (in the sense of like ??? can't stop thinking about them). Keep 'em coming!

Well...

Spoiler

Nothing say Yozora can't be in the same world as The World Ends with You so... I suppose it could be the same ? In TWEWY Shibuya is separated in two : the Real Ground (RG) were people live and is the normal Shibuya and the Underground (UG) which is existing in the same place as the RG but while those in the UG can see the RG the opposite is not true.

Sora may have appeared in the UG Shibuya while Riku used the power of waking to find him and ventured into the RG Shibuya where the events of Verum Rex are happening ?

Well considering Sora and the KH original characters are fully owned by Disney, Square Enix cannot just go off and cut out all Disney from future titles. While they could focus on the inclusion of more Square titles, they would have to get every step along the way approved by Disney as they own the characters and control how those characters are represented in all media. 

I believe we don't have to worry and it merely hints at TWEWY and FFXV cameos in the next saga. I also believe the main focus of the next chapter will be on the new 7 princesses, which might be a reason Kairi was set up as a huge character and then her big arc was probably pushed into the next chapter. The other arc will probably be the return of the masters which will advance the story in the present and fill the gaps from Union Cross to Xehanort's fall to darkness as everything still seems to be deeply connected.

Alright, here's my thoughts on the epilogue!

Spoiler

Okay, so sadly, about two days before the game came out, I had wandered into the KH13 Community Channel on my PS4, and while scrolling through the comments, I had accidentally read about Xigbar being Luxu, so that ruined any shock I would've had if I had not known. BUT, I still enjoyed the reveal when I saw it for myself! I had always suspected that there was more to Braig than met the eye, and I always believed that he would betray Xehanort and screw him over in order to get the X-Blade. But him turning out to be Luxu was a total surprise that I didn't see coming, ya know? It makes it insane that Luxu has been transporting his body from vessel to vessel, and that he now happens to inhabit Braig's body! And the Foretellers returning was an excellent surprise! I love how the next saga will incorporate more of the story elements found in Union X, and I can't wait to see what direction the story will take from there! :D

And on the Secret Ending!

Spoiler

I was a bit confused at first because when I saw the realistic city and how it looked like a location in Japan, I was like: "Wait, what is this? Is Sora now in Japan?" Then I investigated online after having seen the secret ending, and it was interesting to find out that Sora had ended up in Shibuya, which I think is a perfect way to tease Twewy's return to the KH Universe! What I found even more surprising was the fact that Yozora was in Shinjuku, where Riku was! I was like: "Wait, wait, what? How is Yozora here??? He's a fictional character from the Toy Box World!" There's just so much to ponder about, and I'm on board with what many people are saying about the cloaked figure at the very end being the Master Of Masters! Gahh, so much hype!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Epilogue thoughts...

I really enjoyed the epilogue, I thought that Xigbar being Luxu was really cool especially because to me he always gave off this vibe that he knew more than he was letting on to. Also why the heck would he put up through all of these things going on. ya know? I'm very interested to see what happens with the foretellers now that they are back. I feel like the new game that young eraqus mentioned going to have to do with the foretellers vs sora and the gang possibly with the addition of Ava or Sora and Ava and a completely different squad. I'm not sure, but that's what makes it exciting and I can't wait.

Secret Ending thoughts...

Tbh I thought it was pretty cool. I didn't know what it was at first so I thought that it was Sora and Riku being brought into the real world and that would've been interesting, but that bubble has long been burst. I did however hate that Sora was shown in the secret ending. It takes away from the fact that we just saw this man fade away. Granted we know that he is going to come back, but seeing him in the secret ending really took away from all that I had just gone through.