Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora'sMum

Why is life so. . . average?

Hello kh13 dwellers. Given that the my winter holidays are now officially ending, I'd like to reflect upon my thoughts of the last 3 weeks (last few days mostly).

Alrighty, given that it was holidays, I've had heaps of time to myself and haven't really had to bother with the events of my own life. But I've been watching videos about one direction, iCarly actors, and other teen celebrities and just basically thinking, wow my life sucks compared to theirs. I'm not saying my life is bad, it's not, but I just get this yearning like I wish I could do something like that.

It's a similar feeling to when a show I really enjoy watching comes to an end, and I know it's all over and it's kind of like a part of my life has gone. A semi-churning/butterflies feeling in my stomach. I think it's got a lot to do with emotional attachment, because I get really attached to things I enjoy. When I finish reading a book about people going on some great adventure, I think why can't my world be like that. Why can't I have some miracle happen to me which leads me on to wonderful and fantastic things. I want to go on some sort of a journey with a friend, and fall in love with a girl along the way. You know what I mean, almost like a fairy tale.

What makes the feeling worse, especially towards the stardom thing, is that I genuinely feel like I have something to offer. Oh and btw, in case you're wondering, my "genuine offer" is not singing, I can't sing well to save myself haha. I guess it's kind of like I'm still waiting for my big break.

I see an actor in a movie or TV show and think, I'm just like that character, or I'd be great at that. I just really feel like I'm missing out on something. I feel like I really connect with the characters, their ideals.

I don't want to sound like some hopeless wannabe though. I think what I'm really asking for is recognition. In my life I feel like I do so much for people, sometimes stuff they don't even realise; and I want to be recognised for my efforts, for being a good genuine person. I see people write on facebook; wah wah this happened to me, or, I wish someone would do this. . , and all I can think is, for God's sake I'm right here, I've always been here and as far as I know, always will be.

Anyway, now that school is starting again I'm going to get back into my normal life routine and forget about all this stuff. Am I crazy, or is this understandable? I'm starting to seriously think I may have some issues in my mentality.

Thanks for you time, ladies and gents.

Its all about people you know and luck. Though television doesn't say the whole story of the lives of actors, its just what they do as a job. I bet some of those actors would kill to have a life like yours where your taking it easy in school. Don't get me wrong, your life will probably get pretty exciting (in a good or bad way) depending on what path you choose or what circumstances are forced on you. If you want a little more excitement in your life, find it. Its out there (maybe you need to move to a place that gives people like you a shot at some kind of acting role?). Not sure how old you are to make your own big decisions but by then the world will be your battlefield.

Nah, I get what you mean. Whenever I see someone around my age (or younger) on TV or just generally famous, I just feel so... unachieved. Like, they're that young and already done so much with themselves. I don't think I'd really be cut out for singing/acting/dancing or any of that usual stuff you get famous for, but I'd love to just have one talent that I'm really good at and get recognised for.

Yet, here's me, sat at home either on the computer, videogaming or sleeping. http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.png; I draw/write occasionally, 'cause I enjoy it, but I just wish I could be recognised as really talented at something. Drawing/writing/guitar or the like (not that I even OWN a guitar. xD But it'd be nice to learn).

Hello kh13 dwellers. Given that the my winter holidays are now officially ending, I'd like to reflect upon my thoughts of the last 3 weeks (last few days mostly).

Alrighty, given that it was holidays, I've had heaps of time to myself and haven't really had to bother with the events of my own life. But I've been watching videos about one direction, iCarly actors, and other teen celebrities and just basically thinking, wow my life sucks compared to theirs. I'm not saying my life is bad, it's not, but I just get this yearning like I wish I could do something like that.

It's a similar feeling to when a show I really enjoy watching comes to an end, and I know it's all over and it's kind of like a part of my life has gone. A semi-churning/butterflies feeling in my stomach. I think it's got a lot to do with emotional attachment, because I get really attached to things I enjoy. When I finish reading a book about people going on some great adventure, I think why can't my world be like that. Why can't I have some miracle happen to me which leads me on to wonderful and fantastic things. I want to go on some sort of a journey with a friend, and fall in love with a girl along the way. You know what I mean, almost like a fairy tale.

That's basically me, too. 'Cept replace girl on that last line with guy. xD

Edited by Xalaru

Its normal, but if you envy those people, then you really have to try for it. I did, it took me 5 years, and im already starting an acting career on tv. What im saying is don't be lazy and let your dreams slip away, you have to reach for them, and don't let them get away from you. Utilize your talents and you'll get somewhere, trust me it works ;)

i feel that way too. whenever i see an actor around my age i feel like i haven't really done anything in my life that was special. all ive done is go on my laptop and do nothing else. but ik that im not cut out for any type of singing/acting or anything. i just wish that there was something for me to achieve in life so that one day people can start saying " hey have you heard about this guy" you know?

i feel the same way, same as me :/

I feel kind of the same way. Though i'm not interested in fame, never had it but i can tell it's not all perfect and wonderful as everyone thinks. I also feel like my life's going nowhere and i actually can't change it, at least not for the next few months. Take my advice though, if you live in a place and are in a position to change your life DO IT! Even if you have to jump out of an airplane, a good change in life is always worth it.

"If you've got a dream, don't wait, act!"-Axel (in kh2)

I understand completely.

I'm so bored with life. All I do is play video games, watch anime, sleep, eat, go to work…

I read books, watch animes and play these games where ordinary people all of a sudden have all this excitement and adventure in their life. I want that too. I wish magic was real, I wish everything like traveling and doing fun things wasn't so damn expensive.. I could have an awesome life like that, but you need a crap ton of money to do it.

I wish my life was exciting and fulfilling, but it's far from it. All I ever feel everyday is bored or sad. Even though I have family and a boyfriend, I always feel alone… I just want something new and exciting in my life. I don't think its going to happen anytime soon though -_____-

I remember seeing a post one day that said "If you're ever feeling down and useless just remember, you beat Ursula in KH1" I remember she was such a pain at first...don't know why so easy now coughAerocough

Edited by Nohjx

Most actors and famous figures actually have bigger problems than most of us. They have no privacy and not to mention they're stalked by the paparazzi

who make a living by making others miserable. You wouldn't want your problems, such as illness and debt to be slapped on magazines and known by everyone.

As KHSonic posted, I'm sure they'd like to live by gaming and sitting lazily like most of us. I'd like to fulfill my dream of being a cartoonist, but not for fame. I simply wish to make others laugh and spread joy with my characters. It would make me more than happy to hear: "I used to love that cartoon growing up! I had so many memories." some day.

But I can understand where you're coming from.

Edited by _The Door To Light_

What makes the feeling worse, especially towards the stardom thing, is that I genuinely feel like I have something to offer. Oh and btw, in case you're wondering, my "genuine offer" is not singing, I can't sing well to save myself haha. I guess it's kind of like I'm still waiting for my big break.

I see an actor in a movie or TV show and think, I'm just like that character, or I'd be great at that. I just really feel like I'm missing out on something. I feel like I really connect with the characters, their ideals.

I don't want to sound like some hopeless wannabe though. I think what I'm really asking for is recognition. In my life I feel like I do so much for people, sometimes stuff they don't even realise; and I want to be recognised for my efforts, for being a good genuine person. I see people write on facebook; wah wah this happened to me, or, I wish someone would do this. . , and all I can think is, for God's sake I'm right here, I've always been here and as far as I know, always will be.

Anyway, now that school is starting again I'm going to get back into my normal life routine and forget about all this stuff. Am I crazy, or is this understandable? I'm starting to seriously think I may have some issues in my mentality.

Suck it up, life is what you make it, if you make it average then it is going to be average. Make it something fun and interesting! Stop dwelling in the limelight of stars, it will get you no where, if you want to reach that stardom then stop making goo goo eyes on them and thinking lowly of yourself like, "I'll never be as good as them." You need to act. Join a play at your local theater, take acting lessons or voice lessons to improve yourself, get out and go searching for talent scouts or something, even look at legit sites and send in an application. If you don't act on your ambitions, then you will forever be sitting there in your own self loathing. Another thing, don't imitate another character, make your own character with your own experiences and feelings, imitating others will get you nowhere. So stop. Stop having that cruel mindset and ACT for heaven's sake and do something instead of just sitting there. Dreams become possible when we act on them.

Suck it up, life is what you make it, if you make it average then it is going to be average. Make it something fun and interesting! Stop dwelling in the limelight of stars, it will get you no where, if you want to reach that stardom then stop making goo goo eyes on them and thinking lowly of yourself like, "I'll never be as good as them." You need to act. Join a play at your local theater, take acting lessons or voice lessons to improve yourself, get out and go searching for talent scouts or something, even look at legit sites and send in an application. If you don't act on your ambitions, then you will forever be sitting there in your own self loathing. Another thing, don't imitate another character, make your own character with your own experiences and feelings, imitating others will get you nowhere. So stop. Stop having that cruel mindset and ACT for heaven's sake and do something instead of just sitting there. Dreams become possible when we act on them.

Couldn't agree more. I've always wanted to be an actor, too, and once I finish the English course (next year), I'll start taking acting classes, and in one year and a half, I'll probably have a diploma, and If I'm lucky, I pray that I get a job on Globo [most famous tv channel here], but man, it's a dream, I'll try my best, and if it becomes reality, that'll be awesome and all, but if it doesn't, then I'll carry on and go to an university of math or something... I mean, it'd be great to be an actor, feel proud of myself, but if it doesn't work out, what can I do but change my dreams? At least I'll have tried to make them true...

Don't think people from tv will go contract you. You have to work hard, and then if you're lucky, you'll end up being an actor, but if you dont move, your life will continue just average...

Yeah I know, but I kind of lack the motivation. Either way, I plan to study engineering and/or physics at university and eventually become Iron Man, except for the hole in my chest and being abducted by terrorists.

Life ain't easy isn't it?

But you can climb your self up if you want to do all the things you wanted to do.

You don't need to have an adventure to make your life interesting you have to make your life interesting by enjoying it.

Do what you gotta do.

either way, life is fantastic. :)

i feel you, i feel you.