Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vanitas_

Vanitas: Actually taller than Sora?

Hi! So I'm new here, and I'm actually very interested in the different heights of characters in the games.

So i've found some of the Kingdom Hearts game models, and I scaled them correctly. when you import the characters, you will notice that both Vanitas and Sora are the same heights... but something is wrong. Vanitas' build is completely and totally different than Sora's and he stands (in the game) a good two to three inches taller than Ventus (who is maybe the same height or an inch taller than Sora). So, therefore, you have to put Vanitas' model inside of Sora's model to size it correctly. Once you do this, Vanitas' face should appear the same size as Sora's, proving that he is actually taller than Sora's.

Here is my data:

Posted Image

Posted Image

From the looks of the last pic - the height difference is the result of the soles of the shoes. (Sora's shoes are flat and Vanitas' aren't? )Regardless, surely Vanitas would be the same height as Ven = height of Roxas? Thus Sora and Vanitas would indeed be the same height.

Edited by Unreal

I think they'd be the same height in the same shoes. Regardless, this is very interesting. I'm actually playing BBS right now. Just beat Vanitas at Radiant Garden as Aqua.

Hi! So I'm new here, and I'm actually very interested in the different heights of characters in the games.

So i've found some of the Kingdom Hearts game models, and I scaled them correctly. when you import the characters, you will notice that both Vanitas and Sora are the same heights... but something is wrong. Vanitas' build is completely and totally different than Sora's and he stands (in the game) a good two to three inches taller than Ventus (who is maybe the same height or an inch taller than Sora). So, therefore, you have to put Vanitas' model inside of Sora's model to size it correctly. Once you do this, Vanitas' face should appear the same size as Sora's, proving that he is actually taller than Sora's.

Here is my data:

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the 3rd picture, it looks like Sora is standing on Vanita's feet, proving Vanitas is taller.

In the 3rd picture, it looks like Sora is standing on Vanita's feet, proving Vanitas is taller.

Yes, judging it from that it looks like Vanitas is taller, but take into account that it looks like only 1-1 1/2" until Sora's feet would be on the platforms of Vanitas's shoes.

And he's got Riku's muscle mass. I bet they took Riku's model, plopped Sora's head on it then pallet-swapped the hair and eyes.

From the looks of the last pic - the height difference is the result of the soles of the shoes. (Sora's shoes are flat and Vanitas' aren't? )Regardless, surely Vanitas would be the same height as Ven = height of Roxas? Thus Sora and Vanitas would indeed be the same height.

he's wearing high healed boots probably :P

I think they'd be the same height in the same shoes. Regardless, this is very interesting. I'm actually playing BBS right now. Just beat Vanitas at Radiant Garden as Aqua.

Yes, judging it from that it looks like Vanitas is taller, but take into account that it looks like only 1-1 1/2" until Sora's feet would be on the platforms of Vanitas's shoes.

Well, here is my problem with all of that... That would make Vanitas' feet pancakes. I don't actually think that the platforms on his shoes are heels. I think that his heels are actually not that tall, but the way the boots are made make him look like his platform shoes.

Either that, or like I said, his feet are super duper DUPER flat.....

Another thing that concerns me is that his arms are longer than Sora's, and his neck is too, and he's a lot wider......

Well, here is my problem with all of that... That would make Vanitas' feet pancakes. I don't actually think that the platforms on his shoes are heels. I think that his heels are actually not that tall, but the way the boots are made make him look like his platform shoes.

Either that, or like I said, his feet are super duper DUPER flat.....

Another thing that concerns me is that his arms are longer than Sora's, and his neck is too, and he's a lot wider......

well the key (the urge was too strong...) to this is to find the model of the character's without shoes (Roxas when he's in his room at the start of kh2?)but it seems a bit odd to be questioning the realism of the in-game model's feet, considering Sora's hands... even Terra's hands look blocky sometimesAlternatively, the render-maker-people-thingies may have altered Sora's face to be in proportion with Vanitas' given body - i mean they did it for Riku, there's nothing to stop them from doing it to what was at the time, a completely new character with a completely different body design.Then, there are the logistics of Vanitas' helmet... :blink:

well the key (the urge was too strong...) to this is to find the model of the character's without shoes (Roxas when he's in his room at the start of kh2?)but it seems a bit odd to be questioning the realism of the in-game model's feet, considering Sora's hands... even Terra's hands look blocky sometimesAlternatively, the render-maker-people-thingies may have altered Sora's face to be in proportion with Vanitas' given body - i mean they did it for Riku, there's nothing to stop them from doing it to what was at the time, a completely new character with a completely different body design.Then, there are the logistics of Vanitas' helmet... :blink:

I'm curious how Vanitas' helmet works... I'm making one right now using a vacuum former, and it just seems, well.... hard... It's formfitting at the bottom to fit his jaw, but it also is somewhat large.... what?????? 0_0

I don't think models downloaded online are a really good source. In the bbs game, Ventus is the same height as Vanitas (maybe a bit smaller) and you said Ventus would be the same size as Sora but when I took a model of Sora and compared it to Ventus, Ventus looked very small. So, if the models are directly taken from the game, I don't think they are a reference but that's just my point of view. I believe that in the actual game, Sora and Vanitas are approximatively the same height.

I don't think models downloaded online are a really good source. In the bbs game, Ventus is the same height as Vanitas (maybe a bit smaller) and you said Ventus would be the same size as Sora but when I took a model of Sora and compared it to Ventus, Ventus looked very small. So, if the models are directly taken from the game, I don't think they are a reference but that's just my point of view. I believe that in the actual game, Sora and Vanitas are approximatively the same height.

Well, like I said, when I imported Vanitas, he was the same height as Sora, but I had to size it to make his head the same size as Sora's. You're right, when they are imported they are not good reference. You HAVE to make good use of them by sizing them correctly, or like you said, it would be wrong.

I still just don't think they are the same height... it just wouldn't look right at all.....

Oh, and these are the models from the game, not downloaded off the internet :) They have to have a mesh skeleton put in them, but they are ripped DIRECTLY from the game.

Posted Image

Have you looked up what's on deviantart?

a quick search: http://norarara.deviantart.com/art/Vanitas-Helm-Step-1-183914261

I think I just wet myself laughing at that picture!!!! I think I just might HAVE to post that on Facebook! It's quite hysterical!

And as for that helmet, yes, I've seen it before, but the method I'm doing is different.... the method I'm doing is the same way they made the helmets for Tron legacy... Here is a good video. 

And he's got Riku's muscle mass. I bet they took Riku's model, plopped Sora's head on it then pallet-swapped the hair and eyes.

(glanced at Vanitas again, glances at Riku's Dark mode...)

Posted Image

It looks as if Vanitas's outfit is a reskin of Riku. The same boots, skirt, and groves in the skintight armor. I kind of would like to see the comparison in between those two models. Though if this is the case, the BBS Vanitas might have been made lazily and KH1 Riku might have been taller than KH2 Sora.