Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX to release in Japan on October 2

Square Enix Japan have updated the official Kingdom Hearts PORTAL, and launched a new official website for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. This website reveals that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will release in Japan on October 2, 2014. Also on the website are new screenshots, and two Japanese versions of the E3 2014 trailer-- a long version, and a short version. They are in 1080p.

Special bundles containing both Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will be available in Japan. These are detailed below.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX - ¥6,648 (approximately US$64.97) + tax- HD 2.5 ReMIX by itself- Comes with a downloadable PlayStation 3 theme if purchased from Amazon.co.jp

Kingdom Hearts Starter Pack HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX - ¥9,800 (approximately US$95.76) + tax- Both HD 1.5 ReMIX and HD 2.5 ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts Collectors Pack HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX - ¥14,000 (approximately US$136.79) + tax- Both HD 1.5 ReMIX and HD 2.5 ReMIX- Comes with a Blu-ray Music Disc containing tracks from the series- Comes with an artwork booklet

Each of the above options is also available with the Kingdom Hearts II Play Arts of Sora in Limit Form, for an extra ¥8,389 (approximately US$82.00).

Lastly, Square Enix Japan have also announced a new Ultimania book that will also release on October 2, 2014-- Kingdom Hearts Series Memorial Ultimania, a companion book for HD 2.5 ReMIX that will cover the Kingdom Hearts series to date. The book will be 256 pages long, and available for ¥3,132 (approximately US$30.61).

It will feature character profiles, world guides, Keyblades, an enemy dictionary, and an art gallery, for every game in the series-- specifically, for Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance].

Be sure to view the new Kingdom Hearts III teaser trailer, as well as the English version of HD 2.5 ReMIX's E3 2014 trailer, if you haven't already. HD 2.5 ReMIX will release in Japan on October 2, North America on December 2, and Europe on December 5.

Aaaaaand the game is released right near my birthday :D Best birthday gift I'd ever get (the 10th but meh, it's still close xP 8 days difference) Cool :) So that's basically 3-1/2 months. :P I wish they'd release it at least around July/August... it'd be possible... Well, time to get on Playasia.com :D Just a note, if you're planning on Preordering the game in Japanese, order from Playasia... Had trouble with 1.5 Japanese version when it came out, so like a day later after it was released in Japan, after trying Amazon, some other website and Ebay (what was I thinking) I decided Playasia which I was such a noob for finding about that site now and ordered from there... the next day, it's here. :D Didn't even do the best kind of shipping I think. It was a really good delivery time, for a pretty good price too. So ya, just want to let you know that. ;) Playasia 4 life now <3.

Edited by Moochieh32

Hopefully that Kingdom Hearts Collectors Pack HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX makes it over to North America in the form of a Collector's Edition like the one Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD got, sans KH 1.5 of course. Would kill for anything KH on Blu-ray, especially the amazing music tracks. Looking forward to the soundtracks as well, I was hoping the reorchestrated music would get officially released. Can't wait to import them.

Edited by J. Severe

exactly 2 months before the North American release...i thought it would be worldwide...

It is worldwide, Were getting this in NA and EU this year right? 'Worldwide" does not= simultaneous. It simply means that it will be released in territories outside the country of origin.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

It wasn't specifically mentioned in the news post, but this PLAY ARTS figure is a "Kai" figure, so its new and different from the limited edition Play Arts figure of the Limit Form that came out only at an exposition I believe.

Side note on purchasing the Collector's Pack: Anyone know how to make a purchase on the Square Enix e-Store of Japan? I've gotten through everything up to the payment area since they don't seem to take credit cards issued overseas. Just wanted to see if anyone's purchased anything through the e-Store before that's not local.

Edited by blue490246

I'm really excited about the soundtrack stuff! But I think it's weird that they didn't use any of the 2.5 hd remix music in the footage and trailers so far. Why didn't they!?

I'm really excited about the soundtrack stuff! But I think it's weird that they didn't use any of the 2.5 hd remix music in the footage and trailers so far. Why didn't they!?

Like 1.5 they are first using instrumental main theme then next trailer will be with sanctuary and then the soundtrack stuff.

But ye they had to show with sanctuary now. We still got enough time.

Edited by KH4Real