Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy XIII series - Discussion Topic - Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is hugely successful for Square Enix

The Lightning Saga (if it were one title) has quickly become my favourite FF game and one of my all time favourite games (the other ones are Xenoblade, KH2 and FFX), and this is me speaking, someone who has played most FF titles, and I never thought it ruined the FF games at all while I played it, unlike many other fans have said.

It's good to see that finaly someone admits FFXIII was a good game on an online critic.

The Lightning Saga (if it were one title) has quickly become my favourite FF game and one of my all time favourite games (the other ones are Xenoblade, KH2 and FFX), and this is me speaking, someone who has played most FF titles, and I never thought it ruined the FF games at all while I played it, unlike many other fans have said.

It's good to see that finaly someone admits FFXIII was a good game on an online critic.

Yes, The Lightning Saga is an official title for the series from Toriyama & Kitase.

No surprise you like X as well. Same team.

I am ashamed to admit that I was on that bandwagon once...never even gave FFXIII a chance. :/

I own both XIII and XIII-2 and have mulled over the possibility of purchasing Lightning Returns, yet I have not played any of those games...I suppose a more rational side of me got me to buy the games, but my idiocy stemming from bandwagon hopping stopped my playing of them.

This guy is very right...oh, he is so very, very right. FF has always been about experimentation and different and interesting ideas, sometimes they legitimately fail, like the original FFXIV, but they resolved that (By setting Bahamut upon that version and blowing it all up) and made the A Realm Reborn a damn good looking MMO that I really should buy and play.

But then you get the ideas that range from pretty good to bloody legendary. The FFXIII Sub-Series fits in that area, gets about a "Looks great" on the scale to me, now that I can see what it really is. I say "Looks great" for I haven't played it.

Yet.

When I get the chance, I will play those games and judge them for myself properly. Whatever I say about it...at least I would have given the game a true chance. :)

People are just still riding their initial hate for the game because it wasn't what they wanted or expected. If people were to go back and really play it for what it is there would be a whole lot more love for it.

There won't be a time in my life where I'll admit that XIII wasn't that bad.

People are just still riding their initial hate for the game because it wasn't what they wanted or expected. If people were to go back and really play it for what it is there would be a whole lot more love for it.

I genuinely tried to go back to the game after XIII-2 came out and I just gave up. XIII and XIII-2 have literally been gathering dust on my shelf for years now. The game has a number of flaws ranging from god-awful characters, boring gameplay and an atrocious narrative. Admittedly, I found XIII-2 to be the better game, but even that game still suffered from certain issues. Oddly enough I enjoyed the first few hours of XIII until it dragged me further down the corridor of nothingness. I had no expectations going in nor did I know what to expect, that didn't stop it from being a bad game in my eyes.

It's not absolutely terrible. I can agree with that much. It does still have tedious battles though, and battles are the meat of the game so I won't say that it is more than mediocre. But I do agree with his points.

I love how some people here loves to lash on anyone who dares to not like the XIII games and just call them blind haters

WE HAVE LEGITIMATE REASONS FOR WHY WE HATE THEM

WE DETAILED THEM SO MANY TIMES

It's our opinion and we have the right to hate it just as much as you have the right to love it

I genuinely tried to go back to the game after XIII-2 came out and I just gave up. XIII and XIII-2 have literally been gathering dust on my shelf for years now. The game has a number of flaws ranging from god-awful characters, boring gameplay and an atrocious narrative. Admittedly, I found XIII-2 to be the better game, but even that game still suffered from certain issues. Oddly enough I enjoyed the first few hours of XIII until it dragged me further down the corridor of nothingness. I had no expectations going in nor did I know what to expect, that didn't stop it from being a bad game in my eyes.

THIS

I went back to it for a second playthrough a year and a half ago and y'know what?It made me hate the game even more

I actually really liked the first one, especially gameplay wise. But i never got around to playing the other 2 so i cant really vouch if the trilogy as a whole was good or not

Play the sequels! They're amazing.

I love how some people here loves to lash on anyone who dares to not like the XIII games and just call them blind haters

WE HAVE LEGITIMATE REASONS FOR WHY WE HATE THEM

WE DETAILED THEM SO MANY TIMES

It's our opinion and we have the right to hate it just as much as you have the right to love it

THIS

I went back to it for a second playthrough a year and a half ago and y'know what?It made me hate the game even more

Clearly you didn't read the article. Lol.

XIII was an all right movie (though not one I would watch). It just wasn't an all right game.

It's not absolutely terrible. I can agree with that much. It does still have tedious battles though, and battles are the meat of the game so I won't say that it is more than mediocre. But I do agree with his points.

Perfectly fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

To me FFXIII didn't suck because it was different,its not even because of the characters or the story(though that didn't help),FFVIII had a weird story as well,but I still like the game,FFV story was disapointing,but the game was still fun,FFI barely has a story and I like that game too,its because as a whole the game is boring to play though,I couldn't get immerse into the game because I didn't care about the story,there were so many things that wasn't explain that I couldn't get into it,there's no exploration,no town to explore,the battle system is spam X to win,so why am I even playing if I am not having fun?I never beat FFXIII,but to me a boring game is a lot worst then a broken game,Sonic Adventure is full of glitches,but its still fun to play.A game can be bad even if its not broken.

To me FFXIII didn't suck because it was different,its not even because of the characters or the story(though that didn't help),FFVIII had a weird story as well,but I still like the game,FFV story was disapointing,but the game was still fun,FFI barely has a story and I like that game too,its because as a whole the game is boring to play though,I couldn't get immerse into the game because I didn't care about the story,there were so many things that wasn't explain that I couldn't get into it,there's no exploration,no town to explore,the battle system is spam X to win,so why am I even playing if I am not having fun?I never beat FFXIII,but to me a boring game is a lot worst then a broken game,Sonic Adventure is full of glitches,but its still fun to play.A game can be bad even if its not broken.

Play the sequels....

Play the sequels! They're amazing. Clearly you didn't read the article. Lol.  Perfectly fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

I read the article. It was fairly long, but I still read it. Doesn't make my opinion any different.

I read the article. It was fairly long, but I still read it. Doesn't make my opinion any different.

Well you're just going to have live with it then. XIII series will live on forever!

Play the sequels....

I couldn't get into XIII-2 because of the battle system,it still didn't do anything for me,same for the story as for Lightning Return,I only played the demo,but I really liked it,LRFFXIII seems like a fun game and I really considered buying it,but when I think about the other two games and how I didn't have fun playing them,I fear I might be disappointed again with this game,I know its unfair to judge the game like this,but I'd rather move on and buy other games I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy.

I couldn't get into XIII-2 because of the battle system,it still didn't do anything for me,same for the story as for Lightning Return,I only played the demo,but I really liked it,LRFFXIII seems like a fun game and I really considered buying it,but when I think about the other two games and how I didn't have fun playing them,I fear I might be disappointed again with this game,I know its unfair to judge the game like this,but I'd rather move on and buy other games I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy.

Trust me, Lightning Returns is a very, very different game. It's soooo much fun. Plus it's cheap now.

Play the sequels! They're amazing.

Clearly you didn't read the article. Lol.

Perfectly fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

I read it,I'm more referring to some smartasses here who're saying that we just rode the bandwagon just cuz we wanna hate it and that we'd love the game if we played it again.....which is bullshit

I read it,I'm more referring to some smartasses here who're saying that we just rode the bandwagon just cuz we wanna hate it and that we'd love the game if we played it again.....which is bullshit

Well there are definitely people out there like that, but I know you are definitely not like that, you gave all 3 a good chance.

Well there are definitely people out there like that, but I know you are definitely not like that, you gave all 3 a good chance.

And I still love XIII-2 as a game mind you I enjoyed it.It's the other two in the trilogy that I can't stand