Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
keybladeblue6

How long could the gap be between JP and US release dates?

As you probablu know, everytime a KH game is released there is a gap between local and international release. However there is no pattern in how long they take and some with less voice acting actually take much longer than those with more. So its hard to predict how long KH3 will take release outside of Japan.
Here's a history of the gaps between the Japanese release dates and he US release dates(I'm not including Europe or other places just those two.)
KH1-6 months
KH COM-1 month
KH2-3 months
KH Re COM-21 months
KH 358/2 Days-4 months
KH Birth by Sleep-9 months
KH Re Coded-3 months
KH DDD-4 months
KH 1.5-6 months
KH 2.5-2 months

So how long do you think it will take? I hope they do it like KH2 where we don't have to wait so long that we watch the whole story 10 times with subtitles like I did with Birth by Sleep.

Have they ever said why it took so long for the Birth By Sleep localization? I'm kinda curious. I assume it has something to do with the extra content like Mysterious Figure and the Pete D-Link, but I don't know if they ever said for sure. 

Personally, I'm expecting a 2-3 month gap. We all know square enix isn't very smart but even they know not to make a region wait too long for one of their most hyped game ever. A good gauge to go by would be whatever the ffXV gap is.

If they dont at least keepthe wait short, they are morons. you can tell them i said that to their faces. i can understand the japanese getting the games first, thats not the issue. whatci have a problem with is how long they keep everyone ELSE waiting. and in some cases thats if we get the game at all. the last parts not an issue with kh3, but it HAS happened before.

Edited by mistydolphin

Well generally, localization usually takes 6 months, but if they really wanted to I bet the could get it down the 3. I think a same day international release is asking a bit too much because there's going to be a lot to translate, seeing as how it will likely be the largest game in the series to date.

This is Kingdom Hearts 3!!!!!!!!! The entire world has been waiting for this game! Square Enix has to make an international release to keep it fair. Let Japan wait longer and let the rest of the world wait less, PLEASE!