Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Holy crap I've seen so many threads lately about Sora being in Smash bros ever since that voting ballot about what character you'd like to see in Smash bros Wii U/3DS. Which, by the way, is supposed to be about NINTENDO characters! Wake up and smell the coffee everyone. Sora is NEVER going to be in a Smash bros game. Now don't get me wrong, as a KH fan I'd love to see other 3rd party characters like Sora be in Smash. It would really help make KH series a lot more noticable  like how in Melee when not much people knew about Fire Emblem until we were introduced to Marth and Roy. And in Smash bros Brawl where prety much nobody knew about Kid Icarus until we were introduced to Pit (and Palutna in one cutscene and in Pit's final smash).

But that's besides the point. The point is Sora's just not coming to Smash no matter how hard or how many times you plead and beg for Sakurai to add him to to series. It would be cool, yes, but it's completely impossible for the most part. Do you know how hard it would be for Sakurai and gang to ask Disney and SE about him being in Smash? Yeah. And before any of you guys DARE to come up and say "Oh but Solid Snake was in Brawl and people thought that someone like him would never be in Smash bros". Well here's a fun fact for you. Kojima WANTED Sakurai to be in Smash bros series since Smash bros Melee. He was originally going to be in Melee but was later scrapped. But Kojima was able to ask him to be in Brawl since Sakurai was developing it at that time. Plus the fact that they are close friends. So unless Sakurai was buddy-buddy with Nomura and someone at Disney. It's not gonna happen.

Look, I'm not trying to bring you guys down. It's just that it doesn't seem likely for Sora to be in Smash. Especially given the circumstance with SE and Disney. Asking for Sora to be in Smash is like askng for Goku or Vegeta to be in Smssh. But we all know that's not happening, right? Sorry for the little rant but gosh I've seen to many thhreads about Sora being in Smash bros lately. 

Edited by Tails

Nintendo is letting YOU, the player, vote for an upcoming character for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS, and we, the Kingdom Hearts fans, have the power to bring our good friend Sora into the fight! We need Sora to be in Super Smash Brothers 4! It can happen, and it will happen. Just go to the official Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/ 3DS and VOTE LIKE YOU MEAN IT PEOPLE! VOOOOOOOOOOOTE! THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!!!! THE HYPE IS REEEEEEEAAAAAAL!!!!!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

inb4soraisnevergoinginsmash

But seriously, why the hell is no one looking at threads these days? It's getting worse every month.

The HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE is bigger than the attention they should put into it.

Why is it not gonna happen?

Third party characters are limited to characters who were really influential on Nintendo, or gaming in general. Sora doesn't really fit either of those categories. The only exception is Snake, and he only got in because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends. Nintendo would also need to get the rights from both Square Enix and Disney, and Nintendo and Square don't really have the best relationship by the looks of it.

Edited by Akame

Third party characters are limited to characters who were really influential on Nintendo, or gaming in general. Sora doesn't really fit either of those categories. The only exception is Snake, and he only got in because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends. Nintendo would also need to get the rights from both Square Enix and Sony, and Nintendo and Square don't really have the best relationship by the looks of it.

But it's not impossible it's got just as much chance as some of these other suggestions imo. It's annoying when people automatically dismiss certain ideas because it's not they want lol. Edited by Ultima Rob

Third party characters are limited to characters who were really influential on Nintendo, or gaming in general. Sora doesn't really fit either of those categories. The only exception is Snake, and he only got in because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends. Nintendo would also need to get the rights from both Square Enix and Sony, and Nintendo and Square don't really have the best relationship by the looks of it.

rights from Sony? Sora doesn't belong to Sony as far as I know..I'll be happy if they decide to make Sora playable in Smash, but I think that it doesn't deserve it, the HD remixes are PS exclusives, and KH3 don't has a chance to be on Wii U, so no.

Edited by Terranort9406

rights from Sony? you mean Disney...

Typo, sorry. I've been distracted.

But it's not impossible it's got just as much chance as some of these other suggestions imo. It's annoying when people automatically dismiss certain ideas because it's not they want lol.

But as I said, it's a Nintendo game. Sora really doesn't have that connection to Nintendo. It's not just that I don't want Sora, but that he really doesn't have the influence on Nintendo to get in.

Typo, sorry. I've been distracted.  But as I said, it's a Nintendo game. Sora really doesn't have that connection to Nintendo. It's not just that I don't want Sora, but that he really doesn't have the influence on Nintendo to get in.

You forget Nintendo is a business first and foremost if there is money to be made with Sora they use him and make it work. That's how any industry works supply and demand but to says it's impossible is very narrow minded especially considering this thread wasn't even asking whether or not he would be.

All these people voting for Sora are just counting on a false reality lol

Anyways, I just voted for Rayman

You vote for who you want, not for who you think will win. If the Kingdom Hearts fanbase recognized that fact, Sora would probably be one of the top ten most voted for fighters.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/06/nintendo-3rd-party-smash-bros-dlc-votes/

Don't worry people. Vote for whomever you want. Apparently Nintendo seems open to promoting anyone (can't say for Disney, since they have a tight lid on usage of their IP's.)

Remember, like Heartless said, this IS a Kingdom Hearts forum. The majority of us do want Sora in Smash, however likely or unlikely. We know it's a slim possibility, but we don't need people shooting us down. 

This is not meant to spark arguments. Please don't take this the wrong way. 

Edited by Sun Wukong

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/06/nintendo-3rd-party-smash-bros-dlc-votes/

Don't worry people. Vote for whomever you want. Apparently Nintendo seems open to promoting anyone (can't say for Disney, since they have a tight lid on usage of their IP's.)

Remember, like Heartless said, this IS a Kingdom Hearts forum. The majority of us do want Sora in Smash, however likely or unlikely. We know it's a slim possibility, but we don't need people shooting us down. 

This is not meant to spark arguments. Please don't take this the wrong way. 

^This

You vote for who you want, not for who you think will win. If the Kingdom Hearts fanbase recognized that fact, Sora would probably be one of the top ten most voted for fighters.

And we do realize that fact. And a lot of us want characters aside from Sora. There are plenty of fantastic Nintendo characters who I'd say deserve a spot before we bring in a third party character with almost no significance in Nintendo's history. And no, four games that really didn't do much for the company don't count as being significant.