Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey y'all, wanted to post this here cuz I was reading a comment on a Youtube video last night about Kingdom Hearts, and this guy made a particularly juicy comment that got me thinking!  Before I say what I'm thinking, read for yourselves! The comment's from a Youtuber named Jordan Brown, and he says this:

"Anyway, here's my hypothesis. You see the original Kingdom Hearts came out in Japan March 28, 2002 and the North American release of Kingdom Hearts II was March 28, 2006 on Kingdom Hearts' 4th anniversary. Even the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts II came out March 29, 2007 just one day after the 5th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was also released in Japan on March 29, 2007. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was released in Japan on March 29, 2012. HECK even Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix was released for the PlayStation 3 in Japan on March 14, 2013. And seeing as how Square Enix is so busy trying to get Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue ready to release this year. This all leads me to speculate that Kingdom Hearts III's release date will most likely be sometime near Kingdom Hearts' 15th anniversary in late March 2017. But hey, that's just a hypothesis. A GAME HYPOTHESIS! Thanks for reading. "Ha! See what I did there?" xD"

So, going by this guy's words, and with the release dates as proof, I think it could be a safe guess that maybe Unchained X might come out next month! And the fact that there's gonna be IPhone covers of Unchained X that'll be shipped on March 5, could it be safe to assume Unchained X comes out a few days later? Yes, I know Mr. Jordan's talking about Japanese releases, but Unchained X already released in Japan a while ago, so maybe March could be the month that Unchained X comes out for the rest of the world! March being the 14th Anniversary of the KH series, it makes sense!

What do you guys think? :O

Hey y'all, wanted to post this here cuz I was reading a comment on a Youtube video last night about Kingdom Hearts, and this guy made a particularly juicy comment that got me thinking!  Before I say what I'm thinking, read for yourselves! The comment's from a Youtuber named Jordan Brown, and he says this:

"Anyway, here's my hypothesis. You see the original Kingdom Hearts came out in Japan March 28, 2002 and the North American release of Kingdom Hearts II was March 28, 2006 on Kingdom Hearts' 4th anniversary. Even the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts II came out March 29, 2007 just one day after the 5th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was also released in Japan on March 29, 2007. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was released in Japan on March 29, 2012. HECK even Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix was released for the PlayStation 3 in Japan on March 14, 2013. And seeing as how Square Enix is so busy trying to get Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue ready to release this year. This all leads me to speculate that Kingdom Hearts III's release date will most likely be sometime near Kingdom Hearts' 15th anniversary in late March 2017. But hey, that's just a hypothesis. A GAME HYPOTHESIS! Thanks for reading. "Ha! See what I did there?" xD"

So, going by this guy's words, and with the release dates as proof, I think it could be a safe guess that maybe Unchained X might come out next month! And the fact that there's gonna be IPhone covers of Unchained X that'll be shipped on March 5, could it be safe to assume Unchained X comes out a few days later? Yes, I know Mr. Jordan's talking about Japanese releases, but Unchained X already released in Japan a while ago, so maybe March could be the month that Unchained X comes out for the rest of the world! March being the 14th Anniversary of the KH series, it makes sense!

What do you guys think? :O

Well, my friend, Mr. Jordan might have a good point there, going by his logic, then that would mean Unchained X would come out next month (to NA and other territories) and HD 2.8 FCP will still be released this year (in Japan, at least), right? But, that would also mean 2.8 would probably be released for NA and the rest of the world only in 2017 (as they only release 1 KH game per year, remember?), when the series will be 15 years old. LET'S JUST ASSUME KH3 WILL BE RELEASED IN 2017 IN JAPAN, OK? Then that would mean, since 2017 will be getting 2.8 for NA and other countries, KH3 probably won't come to the rest of the world until 2018. :sad:

PS: Feel free to correct (or kill) me, everybody.

Well, my friend, Mr. Jordan might have a good point there, going by his logic, then that would mean Unchained X would come out next month (to NA and other territories) and HD 2.8 FCP will still be released this year (in Japan, at least), right? But, that would also mean 2.8 would probably be released for NA and the rest of the world only in 2017 (as they only release 1 KH game per year, remember?), when the series will be 15 years old. LET'S JUST ASSUME KH3 WILL BE RELEASED IN 2017 IN JAPAN, OK? Then that would mean, since 2017 will be getting 2.8 for NA and other countries, KH3 probably won't come to the rest of the world until 2018. :sad:

PS: Feel free to correct (or kill) me, everybody.

Well Japan got both KH X and 1.5 the same year in 2013 and got UX last year so this year we'll get 2.8 & UX while Japan only gets 2.8.plus, we were getting english versions of the trailers for 2.8 since the last half of last year saying it's going to be releasing 2016 so it's most likely 2.8 will be released this year.

Well Japan got both KH X and 1.5 the same year in 2013 and got UX last year so this year we'll get 2.8 & UX while Japan only gets 2.8.plus, we were getting english versions of the trailers for 2.8 (1) since the last half of last year saying it's going to be releasing 2016 (2) so it's most likely 2.8 will be released this year.

1) English version? Where?

2) But this release date is probably for Japan, only...

1) English version? Where?

2) But this release date is probably for Japan, only...

1. English versions as in the trailers are releasing on the english Square Enix YouTube2. on the english trailers in the description, it says that the game is releasing in 2016

1. English versions as in the trailers are releasing on the english Square Enix YouTube2. on the english trailers in the description, it says that the game is releasing in 2016

Yokatta (it means "Thank goodness" in Japanese)! But still: what if Square Enix decides to milk the series a bit more and release one last super collection containing 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 before KH3 comes out? Besides: why do they still care about Unchained X (don't mean to sound rude, OK?)? Won't they release HD cinematics of it by releasing Back Cover or are these 2 completely different games?

At this point, I've just lost interest in Square Enix. It's dry season and they're too busy developing III and 2.8 ...

Yokatta (it means "Thank goodness" in Japanese)! But still: what if Square Enix decides to milk the series a bit more and release one last super collection containing 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 before KH3 comes out? Besides: why do they still care about Unchained X (don't mean to sound rude, OK?)? Won't they release HD cinematics of it by releasing Back Cover or are these 2 completely different games?

Nomura said in an interview that he wont bring 1.5 & 2.5 to current gen. and UX and Back Cover are different things. Back Cover may cover some things in X/UX but not all of it.it's really about the Foretellers.Edit: Here's the interview

Edited by Dimi3Infinity

At this point there's just as much chance of it coming out next month as there is for it coming out the month after that. And the month after that. And the month after that. And so on, because THEY WON'T TELL US ANYTHING!!

Also, those iPhone covers are from the Japan store only, so there's no sense in having them coincide with an English release unless they just surprise announce them for Western stores as well.

At this point there's just as much chance of it coming out next month as there is for it coming out the month after that. And the month after that. And the month after that. And so on, because THEY WON'T TELL US ANYTHING!!

Also, those iPhone covers are from the Japan store only, so there's no sense in having them coincide with an English release unless they just surprise announce them for Western stores as well.

Yeah, they'll most likely just drop it one day.

Yeah, they'll most likely just drop it one day.

I wouldn't go that far. I know they'll release it, but god damn they need to start talking about this. Or more rather, PEOPLE NEED TO START ASKING ABOUT THIS. Seriously, it's like every interview Nomura has, NO ONE even bothers to ask him the simple question about "how is the English release coming along?". Maybe it's because a majority of his interviews are with Japanese magazines, but has there seriously been no opportunities for him to talk to anyone outside Japan? I don't know exactly how long it takes to make a mobile phone game of that scale exactly, but I'm pretty sure no one has to wait THIS long just to hear anything about it. I really REALLY hope they aren't canceling this, because that would seriously be a bull**** move after making it integral to the story so much and teasing that it WILL be localized. May as well just release the first trailer for the Sonic 25th anniversary game and then cancel it a month later, that's how stupid it would be. Really trying my patience here, it's easier to be patient when you actually know what's going on.

Congrats Transcendent, Cynical just made you popular. Can't believe it took a video analysis to credit this. This genuinely seems viable now!

I wouldn't go that far. I know they'll release it, but god damn they need to start talking about this. Or more rather, PEOPLE NEED TO START ASKING ABOUT THIS. Seriously, it's like every interview Nomura has, NO ONE even bothers to ask him the simple question about "how is the English release coming along?". Maybe it's because a majority of his interviews are with Japanese magazines, but has there seriously been no opportunities for him to talk to anyone outside Japan? I don't know exactly how long it takes to make a mobile phone game of that scale exactly, but I'm pretty sure no one has to wait THIS long just to hear anything about it. I really REALLY hope they aren't canceling this, because that would seriously be a bull**** move after making it integral to the story so much and teasing that it WILL be localized. May as well just release the first trailer for the Sonic 25th anniversary game and then cancel it a month later, that's how stupid it would be. Really trying my patience here, it's easier to be patient when you actually know what's going on.

Nomura likely cannot comment on the release.

I meant drop as in what they usually do for mobile and PC games, just release it one day randomly.

Nomura said in an interview that he wont bring 1.5 & 2.5 to current gen. and UX and Back Cover are different things. Back Cover may cover some things in X/UX but not all of it.it's really about the Foretellers.

Not trying to pick up a fight with you nor anything, but didn't he also say that the Final Mix versions would be/remain exclusive to Japan?

Like with KH3?

I meant drop as in what they usually do for mobile and PC games, just release it one day randomly.

What about KH3, man? Which month will we be getting more news (asking this to you because you have direct/straight contact with Square Enix)?

Edited by SRKTVAMDGRLXN

Not trying to pick up a fight with you nor anything, but didn't he also say that the Final Mix versions would be/remain exclusive to Japan?

Like with KH3?

What about KH3, man? Which month will we be getting more news (asking this to you because you have direct/straight contact with Square Enix)?

Square Enix's PR & marketing teams have it all planned. Please look forward to it.

Oh. I was thinking of the negative kind of drop. Well in that case, I would be up for them doing it like that if they felt like it, so long as it just gets released in English PERIOD. And if not Nomura, I'd at least want SOMEONE to comment on it, or at the very least ask the question even if the answer is "sorry can't say yet". Just need acknowledgement that this is a thing and that it isn't being ignored or forgotten.

Like with KH3?

Hey, at least we actually GOT news on KH3 within the last year. So far Unchained X only got one English confirmation announcement and one English teaser trailer, and that was months ago. Repeated patterns in the franchise's history would suggest that the English version would be out some time this year, but they haven't said a word since the teaser last year and pretty soon we'll be going on at least 3 months without any word about it. I'm less worried about KH3 at this point because it's too huge to be forgotten or ignored, and news is always guaranteed to come around at some point. Unchained X however is a mobile phone game, which tends to be more popular in Japan than in America anyway, and those kinds of games aren't known that well for their advertising strategies (unless you count interrupting other games as "advertising") or progress updates, and often times if a mobile game like that is proving more difficult to make than it's worth, it can get dropped altogether. It's mostly just me being paranoid, but I believe I have a lot more reason to be concerned about Unchained X right now than I do with KH3.

Would they really just drop it in the mobile store without promoting and hyping it ?

I remember SE promoting Final Fantasy: Record Keeper pretty heavily before Global version got launched.

I see a lot of people talking about how Nomura and SE won't say anything about when Unchained might drop, but we all must remember they have a deal with Disney and have to follow their directions. There is a deal between the two companies and both sides have to follow the rules that have been put in place by the other side. I think if this theory doesn't pan out (which I hope it does and seems very reasonable) they may just have to wait till E3. Please don't lose faith because SE is really trying to make the best series they can with what they have to work with. 

Would they really just drop it in the mobile store without promoting and hyping it ?

I remember SE promoting Final Fantasy: Record Keeper pretty heavily before Global version got launched.

And SE didn't really hype the Unchained drop in Japan, just sent out a tweet a few weeks before it actually released and that was about it.

Well, all I can say is that things certainly look interesting regarding Unchained X!  We may get a surprise release date soon, or we may not!  Really all just depends on what happens in the coming weeks!  I hope Unchained X releases next month though, that'd be so frickin badass! :D  But well, let's hope that we hear something about the game soon from Nomura! :D

Congrats Transcendent, Cynical just made you popular. Can't believe it took a video analysis to credit this. This genuinely seems viable now!

O.O

Dude, I just checked this when I read your post, and I still can't believe that Cynical featured me in one of his videos!  I was about to fanboy like crazy, but everyone's sleeping right now, so I had to fanboy in silence! x3  Good lord, but Cynical noticed me!!! :3  I feel flattered and honored! :D  I still can't believe he featured me in a video on his channel!  I'm so psyched! :D

But yeah, let's hope Unchained X comes out next month! *Eats chimichangas.* :3