Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

What do you think of this idea? I think it would definitely be very interesting and would be a major plot twist.

From what we've seen and heard about Xehanort when he was younger with Eraqus, he wasn't exactly an evil person or a villain, he was just simply very interested in the darkness and having perfect balance between light and darkness. This seems to have spiraled over the years into complete obsession with that idea, so maybe it's possible that Young Xehanort realizes how insane he becomes in the future and decides to turn on his future self? If this *does* happen, do you think he would join the same team as the Guardians of Light, or would be on sort of his own separate side?

I saw someone mention this whole concept on the KH13 forums and it immediately intrigued me. Ever since we first ran into Young Xehanort in Dream Drop Distance and eventually learned who he was, I instantly thought he was an interesting character. Having something like this happen would make him be an even more interesting character.

Another thing that's worth noting is that Young Xehanort used to have friends, such as Eraqus. We don't quite know all the details and facts yet, but from what the little we've seen and heard, it sort of appears as if Young Xehanort used to care for Eraqus and have compassion for him, like any friend would. Maybe this care and compassion slowly left him over the years as he spiraled into complete insanity, which of course ended up with him killing Eraqus. It very much reminds me of Riku and Sora's relationship and how Riku turned on Sora. Except with Xehanort, he never turns good again, but maybe just maybe, Young Xehanort seeing his future self go insane and maybe he realizes how much destruction his future self could really cause if he got his hands on Kingdom Hearts, he changes his mind and turns against him.

This is a far fetched idea and most likely won't happen, but I definitely think it's an interesting idea that I think would work very well if it was done right.

What are your thoughts on this?

I wouldn't put it past him. Benjamin Diskin even said in an interview that they asked him to 'tone down the evil' when voicing the character so I could easily see Young Master Xehanort betray Grandaddy Nort.

I always got a weird vibe from the guy in the Destiny scene :/ sounds as if he's got his own plans.

We don't know too much about YMX but there are definite hints that suggest that he's not as loyal to his elder self as he initially thought. That being said, YMX's weirdness could just be a result of poor writing lol

I wouldn't put it past him. Benjamin Diskin even said in an interview that they asked him to 'tone down the evil' when voicing the character so I could easily see Young Master Xehanort betray Grandaddy Nort.

I always got a weird vibe from the guy in the Destiny scene :/ sounds as if he's got his own plans.

We don't know too much about YMX but there are definite hints that suggest that he's not as loyal to his elder self as he initially thought. That being said, YMX's weirdness could just be a result of poor writing lol

What do you think of this idea? I think it would definitely be very interesting and would be a major plot twist.

From what we've seen and heard about Xehanort when he was younger with Eraqus, he wasn't exactly an evil person or a villain, he was just simply very interested in the darkness and having perfect balance between light and darkness. This seems to have spiraled over the years into complete obsession with that idea, so maybe it's possible that Young Xehanort realizes how insane he becomes in the future and decides to turn on his future self? If this *does* happen, do you think he would join the same team as the Guardians of Light, or would be on sort of his own separate side?

I saw someone mention this whole concept on the KH13 forums and it immediately intrigued me. Ever since we first ran into Young Xehanort in Dream Drop Distance and eventually learned who he was, I instantly thought he was an interesting character. Having something like this happen would make him be an even more interesting character.

Another thing that's worth noting is that Young Xehanort used to have friends, such as Eraqus. We don't quite know all the details and facts yet, but from what the little we've seen and heard, it sort of appears as if Young Xehanort used to care for Eraqus and have compassion for him, like any friend would. Maybe this care and compassion slowly left him over the years as he spiraled into complete insanity, which of course ended up with him killing Eraqus. It very much reminds me of Riku and Sora's relationship and how Riku turned on Sora. Except with Xehanort, he never turns good again, but maybe just maybe, Young Xehanort seeing his future self go insane and maybe he realizes how much destruction his future self could really cause if he got his hands on Kingdom Hearts, he changes his mind and turns against him.

This is a far fetched idea and most likely won't happen, but I definitely think it's an interesting idea that I think would work very well if it was done right.

What are your thoughts on this?

They asked him to do so with his voice to match the age. It wasn't as a sign to hint YX will turn against MX. Master Xehanort was no different now compared to then in his youth. He was always cuddly with darkness. We saw it in the piece of the opening cutscene from the KH3 E3 2015 trailer and he has shown just how entrenched in darkness he is from BbS to now. Besides, think about it, does it make sense for one to turn against themselves? How could Xehanort turn against himself? A house divided can't stand so YX can't betray his older self because he IS the older self in youth.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

They asked him to do so with his voice to match the age. It wasn't as a sign to hint YX will turn against MX. Master Xehanort was no different now compared to then in his youth. He was always cuddly with darkness. We saw it in the piece of the opening cutscene from the KH3 E3 2015 trailer and he has shown just how entrenched in darkness he is from BbS to now. Besides, think about it, does it make sense for one to turn against themselves? How could Xehanort turn against himself? A house divided can't stand so YX can't betray his older self because he IS the older self in youth.

What do you mean? Young Xehanort turning against Master Xehanort makes perfect sense to me. I'm not saying it's going to happen at all, it most likely isn't. But, it makes perfect sense to me. If I traveled to the future to help my future self, but then I realize that I turn absolutely evil and insane, I would turn on myself.

Wouldn't that cause an enormous paradox of universal-shattering-porportions?

Great scott!

I don't think so. I think a paradox would be caused if Master Xehanort went back in time and killed Young Xehanort, not Young Xehanort going forward in time to kill Master Xehanort.

Arielle: What kinds of hazards did you encounter when voicing Young Xehanort? E.g. did you not sound “evil” enough, was the direction constantly changed?

Ben: Oh, no actually, I sounded too evil at first because he seems just kind of a "Sephiroth-type" character, you know like, evil, brooding guy, and basically the direction I was getting from them was mostly, "Make him a lot more flat and ambiguous because even though he is the younger version of the game's ultimate villain, we don't actually know if he's actually a 'bad guy'. You know, people are different when they're younger than when they are older so, is he really actually on the bad guy's side? Is he actually, maybe he's considering he doesn't actually like who he becomes? So we don't want him to just sound like evil right off the bat. " That was my tendency because I just wanted to make him [link]

Interpret it anyway you must. I personally think it's a little more then age (though I believe age played a role), but I'm not going to force my opinion on others. Heck I barely even have an opinion.
Edited by Shimmy

Arielle: What kinds of hazards did you encounter when voicing Young Xehanort? E.g. did you not sound “evil” enough, was the direction constantly changed?

Ben: Oh, no actually, I sounded too evil at first because he seems just kind of a "Sephiroth-type" character, you know like, evil, brooding guy, and basically the direction I was getting from them was mostly, "Make him a lot more flat and ambiguous because even though he is the younger version of the game's ultimate villain, we don't actually know if he's actually a 'bad guy'. You know, people are different when they're younger than when they are older so, is he really actually on the bad guy's side? Is he actually, maybe he's considering he doesn't actually like who he becomes? So we don't want him to just sound like evil right off the bat. " That was my tendency because I just wanted to make him [link]

Interpret it anyway you must. I personally think it's a little more then age (though I believe age played a role), but I'm not going to force my opinion on others. Heck I barely even have an opinion.

I see. Thanks for finding the piece. You have to admit though, the rift between Xehanort and Eraqus was obvious in the trailer. It kind of epitomized the fights between light and darkness. Seeing as how Xehanort appeared to find the darkness and the future of darkness appealing shows he started turning into a villain with the results becoming clear in BbS.

I see. Thanks for finding the piece. You have to admit though, the rift between Xehanort and Eraqus was obvious in the trailer. It kind of epitomized the fights between light and darkness. Seeing as how Xehanort appeared to find the darkness and the future of darkness appealing shows he started turning into a villain with the results becoming clear in BbS.

Ah no problem! I like digging through interviews and sharing what I find. 

The rift was obvious as well as cheeky friendship in the trailer making the whole scenario a bit uncomfortable. Ymx clearly shows signs of his elder's self fascination and curiosity but lacks the fanatical finesse I associate with our current Master Xehanort. I like to interpret it that Ymx believes his destiny is set in stone (hence the Destiny scene and his "I hope so" to Eraqus). I don't necessarily think that means he's happy with his destiny though.

Just food for thought.

Ah no problem! I like digging through interviews and sharing what I find. 

The rift was obvious as well as cheeky friendship in the trailer making the whole scenario a bit uncomfortable. Ymx clearly shows signs of his elder's self fascination and curiosity but lacks the fanatical finesse I associate with our current Master Xehanort. I like to interpret it that Ymx believes his destiny is set in stone (hence the Destiny scene and his "I hope so" to Eraqus). I don't necessarily think that means he's happy with his destiny though.

Just food for thought.

Who knows? We'll know come KH3 and we see the whole conversation.

well Young Xehanort seemed pretty gung-ho about Master Xehanorts plans in DDD so having him suddenly do a 180 now would be a bit odd. 

"I'm fine with kidnapping young boys to use their bodies for my own purposes but whoa man i'm ain't down with that X-Blade business."

edit: also for good measure, what have we seen that shows Xehanort used to have compassion for Eraqus? Maybe I just don't remember something specific but from what I've seen it looks as if Xehanort was always focused on his own goals that dealt with the darkness. might just be me though.

Edited by Headphone Jack

This is a very interesting idea, and it would definitely provide for quite the plot twist if it were implemented!  But the thing here that makes all this void is the fact that when Young Xehanort went back to his own time, he forgets everything that happened in Dream Drop Distance, and he lives the rest of his life out the way he's meant to, becoming the man that elaborates this master plan of obtaining Kingdom Hearts, ya know?  If Young Xehanort, however, retained his memories of his experience in Dream Drop Distance, then maybe he could analyze the things he's seen, and he could judge for himself whether he'd turn on his elder self or not, ya know?  You are right in saying that Young Xehanort is an intriguing character, for he truly is!  We'll see what's in store for him in Kingdom Hearts III! :3

well Young Xehanort seemed pretty gung-ho about Master Xehanorts plans in DDD so having him suddenly do a 180 now would be a bit odd. 

"I'm fine with kidnapping young boys to use their bodies for my own purposes but whoa man i'm ain't down with that X-Blade business."

edit: also for good measure, what have we seen that shows Xehanort used to have compassion for Eraqus? Maybe I just don't remember something specific but from what I've seen it looks as if Xehanort was always focused on his own goals that dealt with the darkness. might just be me though.

I have little to nothing to base that on, just a few things. Just simply the fact that Xehanort and Eraqus used to be friends and the fact that Eraqus has never really seen Xehanort as a villain until they were way older. It's very little to go off of, but it really reminds of of Sora and Riku's relationship. How Riku turned absolutely evil, but Sora always sees the good in everyone before the bad. That's how I imagine Young Eraqus to be as well. I dunno, just dumping all my thoughts out, we'll never really know for certain what Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort think about each other until most likely the beginning of KH3. To me, Young Eraqus seems so comfortable around Young Xehanort and seems to see absolutely no evil in him whatosever, and just simply knows that he has a fascination for darkness. But yeah, it's pretty much just my headcanon until we get more proof.