Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Why are people so impatient for Kingdom Hearts III News?

Honestly, it's getting to the point of ludicrousy, E3 isn't too far away, and besides, for every moment Nomura and Yasue are not giving interviews, they're speeding up development. It's a bit problematic because I'm starting to see the same topics phrased in different ways just to maintain "hype". Ladies and gentlemen, let Kingdom Hearts have its quiet moments.

Because for the past decade Kingdom Hearts has only handheld titles, it's completely normal for people to be anxious for news on the first home console/numbered entry in 10 years.

Because for the past decade Kingdom Hearts has only handheld titles, it's completely normal for people to be anxious for news on the first home console/numbered entry in 10 years.

Thing is though, Kingdom Hearts III news has been coming from time to time. Unless Square Enix made a formal announcement to cancel the game, it's not going anywhere any time soon. I get that the side games have inevitably slowed down the process, but we're at a point where Kingdom Hearts II is a reality now.

Events like E3 dump a truckload of news anyway to occupy us with a bunch of interviews by Nomura anyway. 

Yeah I don't get it either. We got lots of news in the last year, and only because we get none for a few months people go crazy over it.

To be honest I prefer if we don't get too much information from now on, cause I still wanna be surprised and excited when I finally play the game :D

We've been waiting over 10 years for this game. If it weren't for other games and my studies, I would probably start losing my patience too. Plus, this game was announced back in 2013 and we haven't had much exciting news other than the appearance of Big Hero 6 and that the Xehanort Saga will finally be drawing to a close with this title. The trailers we're also rather awful in terms of showcasing gameplay and cutscenes. So in short, we kind of have been left out of the loop, which has upset some fans.

There's two sets of fans in the Kingdom Hearts community. There is;

A) The toxic, know shit all about the franchise "I've been waiting for 10 years, the side games aren't important, why is there nothing new in the trailers, i'm entitled to a new trailer" type of fans.

And B) The very civilized and patient fans who are very grateful for what they get given and don't act like an entitled dick.

Honestly, I don't need any KH3 news until after the release of 2.8.. This year I just want SE to focus on 2.8 in terms of promotion and presenting news as it is the next game. :) I don't need any KH3 hype if the release is approximately in 18 months ..

I think it's because of the lack of information. We barely know how this game plays, im impatient for news because i want to know if this game is going to play like BBS or KH2. Also, we have seen the same world for a year now, if we were shown a new world, i would be satisfied

I think it's because of the lack of information. We barely know how this game plays, im impatient for news because i want to know if this game is going to play like BBS or KH2. Also, we have seen the same world for a year now, if we were shown a new world, i would be satisfied

This^ people are impatient because they barely know anything about the game. If they were to know about some big things about the game, they could be patient 

Because it's the digital age and we're far too used to near-instant gratification by this point that we honestly forget how to be patient. I mean, Zelda U has only been delayed one whole year and yet a lot of people are getting frustrated over that. Honestly I'm more pissed off with the decision to do so for the sake of releasing it on both the Wii U AND the NX when it might not need that much time for development at this point, but I'm getting off topic. Long story short, we tend to long for the days where we're hearing something new about KH games almost every month, but those only tend to come around within the year before the games are released, and typically that doesn't even start until big gaming events like E3 or TGS. Between the wait cycles, it can get pretty easy to forget how to be patient. I would at least hope that having access to Unchained X can help tide some fans over at least.

Also, I kind of get tired of seeing the "I've waited 10 years for this game" excuse getting thrown around. I mean sure, at least 5 of those years you were expecting KH3 to be exactly the next game you were going to get, but it wasn't until those final five years that you were officially told that you have something to wait for. Those first five years of "waiting" were kind of unnecessary on your part. I'm not shaming anybody for expecting KH3 to come right after KH2, it was a natural thing for everybody, I'm just saying that it was a while until Nomura actually started considering the next numbered title, for the most part all of the pre-KH3 announcement hype was just due to everyone constantly shouting "where's KH3!? Where's KH3!? Will this game be KH3!? I want KH3!" I'm not saying you didn't wait 10 years for this game, I'm just saying that you didn't need to, if that makes sense.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

These are all valid reasons, it still doesn't really answer the reason as to why people are not appreciative of the moments when news is not provided. Counter-intuitive I know, but all these games are eventually going to be provided to us. We don't have to be leeches for every other update.

Yeah I don't get it either. We got lots of news in the last year, and only because we get none for a few months people go crazy over it.To be honest I prefer if we don't get too much information from now on, cause I still wanna be surprised and excited when I finally play the game :D

^this! I've already decided that I'll stop looking at news and trailers after a point to try and keep all the surprises fresh. Plus we have KHUX and the 2.8 to keep us preoccupied, so we have all the more reason to be chill in the meantime.

It's a blend of both and 3D. We have the KH/KH2 style command menu, Keyblade transformation seems to work similarly to the Command Styles, and we also have Shotlocks and Flowmotion.

Because it's the digital age and we're far too used to near-instant gratification by this point that we honestly forget how to be patient. I mean, Zelda U has only been delayed one whole year and yet a lot of people are getting frustrated over that. Honestly I'm more pissed off with the decision to do so for the sake of releasing it on both the Wii U AND the NX when it might not need that much time for development at this point, but I'm getting off topic. Long story short, we tend to long for the days where we're hearing something new about KH games almost every month, but those only tend to come around within the year before the games are released, and typically that doesn't even start until big gaming events like E3 or TGS. Between the wait cycles, it can get pretty easy to forget how to be patient. I would at least hope that having access to Unchained X can help tide some fans over at least.

Also, I kind of get tired of seeing the "I've waited 10 years for this game" excuse getting thrown around. I mean sure, at least 5 of those years you were expecting KH3 to be exactly the next game you were going to get, but it wasn't until those final five years that you were officially told that you have something to wait for. Those first five years of "waiting" were kind of unnecessary on your part. I'm not shaming anybody for expecting KH3 to come right after KH2, it was a natural thing for everybody, I'm just saying that it was a while until Nomura actually started considering the next numbered title, for the most part all of the pre-KH3 announcement hype was just due to everyone constantly shouting "where's KH3!? Where's KH3!? Will this game be KH3!? I want KH3!" I'm not saying you didn't wait 10 years for this game, I'm just saying that you didn't need to, if that makes sense.

Two years technically. It was originally set for 2016 before being moved to 2016.

Square Enix can blame themselves for the impatient fans. Why announce a game for people to get exited for if it's going to be in development for 5+ years? 

It's only been 3 years since the announcement.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

There are a ton of reasons for this. The most obvious reason is because it's kingdom hearts 3 a game people have been waiting since 2005 for. For these people, myself included it's hard to wait over 10 years for a game so it's understandable that people want news. Another reason comes from square enix's ridiculous policy of being super quiet. Back in 2004 before kingdom hearts 2 came out I remember they were releasing new screenshots from the game almost daily. We'd get trailers in June, October, and January with awesome interviews in February and April. It never gave too much away and you constantly felt satisfied since they didn't keep you in the dark. These days square barely releases any information on the game. Since I discovered this site, I visit it once a day to check for news on new kingdom hearts games. It gets tiring when months go by with no new information (particularly in 2014 where we got almost no info on kh3). If a couple of screenshots or a small interview were released more often (maybe every other month), it would help pacify people. What it all comes down to is, some people are more patient than others. For the more patient people like you, saying "oh they are developing the game as fast as they can when they aren't giving interviews" is enough but for others they need more info. There's nothing wrong with either group. And while I definitely am one of the people that feels they need more information released, I don't complain about it.

Edited by clatter411

Honestly, it's getting to the point of ludicrousy, E3 isn't too far away, and besides, for every moment Nomura and Yasue are not giving interviews, they're speeding up development. It's a bit problematic because I'm starting to see the same topics phrased in different ways just to maintain "hype". Ladies and gentlemen, let Kingdom Hearts have its quiet moments.

That's like asking why are there rocks outside. Because there are.

There are a ton of reasons for this. The most obvious reason is because it's kingdom hearts 3 a game people have been waiting since 2005 for. For these people, myself included it's hard to wait over 10 years for a game so it's understandable that people want news. Another reason comes from square enix's ridiculous policy of being super quiet. Back in 2004 before kingdom hearts 2 came out I remember they were releasing new screenshots from the game almost daily. We'd get trailers in June, October, and January with awesome interviews in February and April. It never gave too much away and you constantly felt satisfied since they didn't keep you in the dark. These days square barely releases any information on the game. Since I discovered this site, I visit it once a day to check for news on new kingdom hearts games. It gets tiring when months go by with no new information (particularly in 2014 where we got almost no info on kh3). If a couple of screenshots or a small interview were released more often (maybe every other month), it would help pacify people. What it all comes down to is, some people are more patient than others. For the more patient people like you, saying "oh they are developing the game as fast as they can when they aren't giving interviews" is enough but for others they need more info. There's nothing wrong with either group. And while I definitely am one of the people that feels they need more information released, I don't complain about it.

Thing is, the people who are so adamant on news are ruining the surprises of the games bit by bit. For example, Nomura said that Re: Coded had new scenes for 2.5. For people who were unaware of this news update, this is a surprise, for people who are aware: great new news but at the cost of unpredictability. Yes, Square Enix has a bad habit of being in the dark, but this year is far better than how they were like during 2013 - 2014.

Edited by Guest

Thing is, the people who are so adamant on news are ruining the surprises of the games bit by bit. For example, Nomura said that Re: Coded had new scenes for 2.5. For people who were unaware of this news update, this is a surprise, for people who are aware: great new news but at the cost of unpredictability. Yes, Square Enix has a bad habit of being in the dark, but this year is far better than how they were like during 2013 - 2014.

I have to disagree completely. Square saying "there are new scenes" doesn't spoil anything. The surprise is still unknown. If anything it builds hype. A single screen shot doesn't give much away either. You can't really gleam story information from a single screen shot. There's a huge difference between spoiling a surprise and knowing whether surprises exist. Duh of course they do, it's a new game and teasing surprises makes you more excited for them.

It's a blend of both and 3D. We have the KH/KH2 style command menu, Keyblade transformation seems to work similarly to the Command Styles, and we also have Shotlocks and Flowmotion.

Two years technically. It was originally set for 2016 before being moved to 2016.

It's only been 3 years since the announcement.

I don't recall them ever saying that they meant to release this game in 2016, or any particular year for that matter. And also, they moved it from 2016....to 2016? I think you've either got your math mis-wired or you made a typo. X)""

I don't recall them ever saying that they meant to release this game in 2016, or any particular year for that matter. And also, they moved it from 2016....to 2016? I think you've either got your math mis-wired or you made a typo. X)""

You're right, they didn't give a date not 2016, not 2018, so you can't say it's going to be in development for 5+ years when it could still release next year which would only be 4.And yes, it was a typo. Zelda U was initially set for a 2015 release, then pushed to 2016, now it's been delayed again.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I have to disagree completely. Square saying "there are new scenes" doesn't spoil anything. The surprise is still unknown. If anything it builds hype. A single screen shot doesn't give much away either. You can't really gleam story information from a single screen shot. There's a huge difference between spoiling a surprise and knowing whether surprises exist. Duh of course they do, it's a new game and teasing surprises makes you more excited for them.

The overall point that I want to make is that the impatience for getting news is just borderline to the point that there's topics for news. We know the typical venues and the moderators in this site do the soul searching for news. I can understand making a topic about elements of Kingdom Hearts III, but creating topics just for "ideal news you want from Kingdom Hearts III" is just too much for me.

The overall point that I want to make is that the impatience for getting news is just borderline to the point that there's topics for news. We know the typical venues and the moderators in this site do the soul searching for news. I can understand making a topic about elements of Kingdom Hearts III, but creating topics just for "ideal news you want from Kingdom Hearts III" is just too much for me.

I understand that. I do have to admit, that all of these threads like "what worlds do you want to see in kh3" "my theory about kh3" and all of those speculation threads are annoying. No one's theory is going to be correct and almost all of them are terrible. Plus no one really cares about people's hopes for the game anyways. But it can't be helped since there isn't a ton of information about the game. People feel they need to speculate since they don't have anything else to go on.