Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Oli

Have you ever played Chain of Memories on the GBA?

Have you ever played Chain of Memories on the GBA?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever played Chain of Memories on the GBA?

• I have! And I love it!
    • I have, but only once.
    • I've only played the PS2 version.
    • Nope, I have never played the GBA or the PS2 version.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

I bought a used GBA in order to play it back in 2007. Vexen II was even harder on the GBA! It took me at least a week and 100 deaths until I finally beat him. When the PS2 remake came out I felt the battle was a bit easier.

Sure have. It's a criminally underrated title in the series. It's also one of the best looking GBA games out there, the sprite work, the music/sound and even the field of view of the battle system are all superb.

Funny enough I finally got around to finishing Re:CoM yesterday. While it lacks the charm of the GBA version, the addition of voiced cutscenes are great.

Yep. I got it back when it first came out, and even though it took a while, I managed to finish both stories on the GBA. My copy's still lying around somewhere, too. Just don't know where...

Not all the way, but I've gotten a taste, and I plan on finishing it someday.

Mostly to enjoy the beautiful sprites and classic chiptune soundtrack. There's just something about it that makes it feel all magical and junk.

Enough times to be on copy two. 

I haven't played Rebirth as much, though, and my current save file is me ficking around before the final floor. I think it's on level 89, due to me not bothering to go on in the story. 

It was also my first KH game. 

Yep, sure have!  In fact, I still have my GBA copy of Chain Of Memories!  The game is absolutely amazing, and I loved seeing Sora and friends in sprite form! They definitely looked good, and I loved the card battle system in the GBA version just as much as the PS2 version! It's sad that many people don't like Chain Of Memories! Oh well, what can you do, eh? 

Sure did. The game was, and still is, awesome.

I remember Chain of Memories was my first KH game. I saw it in a magazine and was like "That Cloud from FF with Disney characters in the same game? I have to see that!" and I haven't stopped since that day.

I still like the gba version more than the remake.

I played for the first time as a Let's Play on my channel, and I absolutely hated it. I never ever touched Riku side of the game. Played Re:CoM for the first when 1.5 came out, hated that game too. Took me 40+ hours to beat Sora side but less than 20 hours to be Riku's side. both Sora & Riku's difficulty were on easy

I did years ago, and I hated it. The whole isometric perspective just drives me insane and the pixel art and GBA music don't hold my interest like they do for a lot of other people. I'll prefer 3D level design and orchestral music (even if it is synthesized) any day.

For me, Re:CoM completely outclasses CoM in every way, gameplay, music and graphics- even on PS2, Re:CoM was probably the best looking KH game just due to how smooth everything looked and ran.

Not all the way, but I've gotten a taste, and I plan on finishing it someday.

Mostly to enjoy the beautiful sprites and classic chiptune soundtrack. There's just something about it that makes it feel all magical and junk.

I remember the art being great, but I forgot all about the soundtrack... Time to look that up again. xD

I remember the art being great, but I forgot all about the soundtrack... Time to look that up again. xD

It's basically just tracks from KH1 and so forth, and my memory is a bit hazy, but still, I just enjoyed it.