Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which is your favorite creation-system in Kingdom Hearts?

Which is your favorite creation-system in Kingdom Hearts?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite creation-system in Kingdom Hearts?

• Birth By Sleep Command Meld
    • KH1 Synthesis
    • Re:coded Command Conversion
    • KH1 Gummi Garage
    • KH2 Synthesis
    • KH3D Spirit Creation
    • 358/2 Days Synthesis
    • KH2 Gummi Garage
    • I don't like any of them tbh
    • Other thoughts? Share below!

honesty i felt that birth by sleep was the worst due to fact that you really don,t know what your going to get. like at all. i would much prefer if you could find recipe list in game to know what you get and how.instead i have a app on my phone for it

honesty i felt that birth by sleep was the worst due to fact that you really don,t know what your going to get. like at all. i would much prefer if you could find recipe list in game to know what you get and how.instead i have a app on my phone for it

What you're looking for is basically what Re:Coded offers- the same command conversion system that BBS has except it not only tells you what two commands synthesize into but lets you use the new command without fusing the original two so you can see if it's worth it or not.

It's one of many, many ways Re:Coded is basically BBS except good.

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

BBS command meld was probably the most fun, creative, and intuitive form of synthesis I've experienced in the series so far, though Dream Eaters are a close second. I would be tempted to give Re:Coded a 3rd place spot...if it weren't for the BS CPU Memory thing it has! Seriously, on top of the 8-command slot limit I also have to worry about taking up made-up memory as well? I only knock this because BBS showed that you can have this system be limited without needing to make up some kind of nonsense like "uh-oh, you can't use this command even though there's enough slots for it, YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CPU MEMORY!" If you could do things like level up your memory capacity or lower the amount of memory each command uses as you level them up, then I wouldn't have a problem with this system, it would have been more incentive to synthesize, use, and level up a whole bunch of commands without needing to be the same exact game BBS was. But no, you can't do any of that, the memory is just there to nerf you even further and frustrate you from never being able to have a sufficient deck. It essentially has no purpose beyond limiting you even further. What's the point of all of the these "cheats" if I can't even upgrade my CPU Memory?

BBS command meld was probably the most fun, creative, and intuitive form of synthesis I've experienced in the series so far, though Dream Eaters are a close second. I would be tempted to give Re:Coded a 3rd place spot...if it weren't for the BS CPU Memory thing it has! Seriously, on top of the 8-command slot limit I also have to worry about taking up made-up memory as well? I only knock this because BBS showed that you can have this system be limited without needing to make up some kind of nonsense like "uh-oh, you can't use this command even though there's enough slots for it, YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CPU MEMORY!" If you could do things like level up your memory capacity or lower the amount of memory each command uses as you level them up, then I wouldn't have a problem with this system, it would have been more incentive to synthesize, use, and level up a whole bunch of commands without needing to be the same exact game BBS was. But no, you can't do any of that, the memory is just there to nerf you even further and frustrate you from never being able to have a sufficient deck. It essentially has no purpose beyond limiting you even further. What's the point of all of the these "cheats" if I can't even upgrade my CPU Memory?

I mean, the Memory was so you couldn't just throw in 8 super OP commands (like imagine having EIGHT Judgment Triads. Like damn) Whereas in BBS you can have all Surges and in DDD you can have a billion Balloongas.

also compootr puns

the command melding in BBS wasn't that bad. it actually encouraged you to try out different commands and experiment with the melding aspects. 

plus it was fun to get high level commands early on and break the game lol

One of my friends was playing Ven's part and got super lucky and made a Tornado lol

Also regarding ability crystals you could fairly easily figure out what you could generally get from each, so that's nice 

Edited by Xiro

I mean, the Memory was so you couldn't just throw in 8 super OP commands (like imagine having EIGHT Judgment Triads. Like damn) Whereas in BBS you can have all Surges and in DDD you can have a billion Balloongas.

also compootr puns

One of my friends was playing Ven's part and got super lucky and made a Tornado lol

Also regarding ability crystals you could fairly easily figure out what you could generally get from each, so that's nice 

Again, BBS already addressed having too many OP commands by simply making the more powerful ones take up more than one slot. It would be impossible to have that many Judgement Triads if you simply used the same idea as making it take up 2 or even 3 slots in the command menu. But noooooooooooooo, we got be all "computer-y" and make up something that can't be adjusted in any way what so ever, you could even cap out using less destructive commands before ever filling out all 8 of those slots. They tried to fix what was never broken and ended up breaking it even more, they either should have left it alone like Dream Drop Distance did or just should have made a method where you could either decrease the amount of memory each command takes up after leveling it up enough or unlocking a cheat at level 100 or something that allows you to ignore or boost the CPU Memory since you're already OP anyway so why pull any punches at that point?

Seriously, 8 Judgement Triads my ass, I'd like to just install ONE with any of my other preferred commands. xP

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Again, BBS already addressed having too many OP commands by simply making the more powerful ones take up more than one slot. It would be impossible to have that many Judgement Triads if you simply used the same idea as making it take up 2 or even 3 slots in the command menu. But noooooooooooooo, we got be all "computer-y" and make up something that can't be adjusted in any way what so ever, you could even cap out using less destructive commands before ever filling out all 8 of those slots. They tried to fix what was never broken and ended up breaking it even more, they either should have left it alone like Dream Drop Distance did or just should have made a method where you could either decrease the amount of memory each command takes up after leveling it up enough or unlocking a cheat at level 100 or something that allows you to ignore or boost the CPU Memory since you're already OP anyway so why pull any punches at that point?

Seriously, 8 Judgement Triads my ass, I'd like to just install ONE with any of my other preferred commands. xP

BBS/DDD having commands that take up two slots doesn't really help when the broken commands like Thunder Surge, Ignite, Balloon, etc just take up one slot (unless you could use things like Tornado, Chaos Blade or Ars Arcanum to fight guys without getting slapped out of your attack lol). So I think re:coded still does a better job with at least trying to be more balanced.

While I loved the Item Synthesis in the first two Kingdom Hearts games, I really took a shine to Command Melding in Birth By Sleep! There's just something about mixing two commands together to form an even more powerful one that has a satisfying feel to it, ya know? I've always found command melding to be really fun, and it adds a great layer to Birth By Sleep's combat, since one ends up with a variety of attacks! :D

BBS/DDD having commands that take up two slots doesn't really help when the broken commands like Thunder Surge, Ignite, Balloon, etc just take up one slot (unless you could use things like Tornado, Chaos Blade or Ars Arcanum to fight guys without getting slapped out of your attack lol). So I think re:coded still does a better job with at least trying to be more balanced.

There's justification for that though, there's lots of tough bosses that require having broken attacks like that in order to measure up, Re:Coded's system just feels cheap to me, it feels more artificial than simply having commands that are literally too big to fit anywhere, and there's plenty of bosses and challenges where having the capability to have more broken commands in one deck would feel justified enough at higher levels after you've actually earned it. It doesn't feel like balance, it feels like slapping you in the face for even thinking that you can be clever about how you set up your deck. At least Chain of Memories had a simple Card Points system. It's like the Memory system, each card takes up a certain amount, but guess what? You could actually LEVEL UP your maximum CP, OR you could even use the Premium Roulette to make your cards cost less CP. Now if the card system, essentially the origin of the Deck Command system itself, could be that balanced and still have a way of leveling up your capacity, why can't the Memory system? Because without that capability to expand your memory capacity or lower the memory cost of your commands after a certain point, it's not really balancing anything, it's just restricting, and they realized that, that's why the DDD command system mirrors BBS's, because they know that works better. You don't need to nerf the player to up the challenge, you just need to boost the challenge itself.

Command Meld, because it was more based on puzzling and logic than grinding out various materials. Spirit creation is cool too, though, because the end result is something fun.

Spirit creation is my favourite because you're going all Fullmetal Alchemist with gaining abilities, and you get new companions in the process!

I kinda like the KH2 Synthesis. It's more simple than KH1 synthesis and it has more content in it. Aaaand BBS melding is good too. :)

was KH2 the one where it showed you which items you already created? Or was that in both? Anyway that was the best feature since it showed you what there was left that you needed to make in order for the ultima weapon.

was KH2 the one where it showed you which items you already created? Or was that in both? Anyway that was the best feature since it showed you what there was left that you needed to make in order for the ultima weapon.

Yup, KH2 has it. Daaamn.. the hunt for the 7 Orichalcum+... soon to begin.. on my 1.5+2.5 :D