Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fullmetal Keyblade

Nomura says that he has no empathy nor sympathy for Sora/ Story is confusing even for him

At least he admits it. It's little things like that that make certain continuity mistakes (Donald and Goofy are repeatedly seen at Yen Sid's tower in the past despite being clueless about it in KH2, Minnie banishing Pete in the past when everyone said it was Mickey who did that in KH2, Roxas collapsing in Castle Oblivion supposedly due to be too physically close to both Ventus AND Sora despite the fact that Sora was moved out of there months ago by that point, etc.) a little more bearable to put up with. I mean after a certain point of constantly trying to weave everything together intricately and always trying to shock fans and keep them on their toes, it does start to catch up to you. Still, it doesn't sound like he's too lost, and I don't think a majority of us are that lost either, so I think it will all work out fine.

At least he admits it. It's little things like that that make certain continuity mistakes (Donald and Goofy are repeatedly seen at Yen Sid's tower in the past despite being clueless about it in KH2, Minnie banishing Pete in the past when everyone said it was Mickey who did that in KH2, Roxas collapsing in Castle Oblivion supposedly due to be too physically close to both Ventus AND Sora despite the fact that Sora was moved out of there months ago by that point, etc.) a little more bearable to put up with. I mean after a certain point of constantly trying to weave everything together intricately and always trying to shock fans and keep them on their toes, it does start to catch up to you. Still, it doesn't sound like he's too lost, and I don't think a majority of us are that lost either, so I think it will all work out fine.

At least, he hasn't gone down the whole parallel time line routes in order to explain all those events.  We might see that in the future if the Xehanort saga isn't the last of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.  We could get that scenario since Xehanort utilizes time travel and Luxord's element is time.

At least, he hasn't gone down the whole parallel time line routes in order to explain all those events.  We might see that in the future if the Xehanort saga isn't the last of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.  We could get that scenario since Xehanort utilizes time travel and Luxord's element is time.

Eh, I'm almost convinced that KH3 isn't the end of the series, and that Nomura is pretty much going to be moving on to a different antagonist/threat with future installments, depending on how UX's story is handled.

I agree In this series you have to squint your eyes VERY hard sometimes but to me its all part of the fun.

can you imagine Nomura going on youtube to watch people explaining his own story to him?

Nice to see he's aware of it, the thing with KH is that each standalone game isn't too complex but its when you try to put it all together that it becomes a mess.

I think now that he's trying to do exactly that he's realising that there's a whole lot going on in the story he's gotta try and wrap up.

Interesting that he can't feel sympathy for Sora in the article I would find it unbearable to write a character I can't relate or sympathy with so points for Nomura.

Glad to know that Nomura admits it himself (makes him feel more human to) that he has trouble keeping up with his own story I hope in the future he will not make everything so extreme connected, connection between titles is fun and rewarding... But 8 games to understand a numbered tile called 3 come on.

I think its sad he cant remember his own story. Like do you not love what you created? Yes characters with the darkness are more appealing. Riku's the man but cmon nomura. This is your baby

Interesting that he can't feel sympathy for Sora in the article I would find it unbearable to write a character I can't relate or sympathy with so points for Nomura.

Glad to know that Nomura admits it himself (makes him feel more human to) that he has trouble keeping up with his own story I hope in the future he will not make everything so extreme connected, connection between titles is fun and rewarding... But 8 games to understand a numbered tile called 3 come on.

He also forgot the FF gang and the nine year gap between BBS and KH2.

Mickey banishing Pete was a translation error since the Japanese version used a gender neutral pronoun, as was the 'why did he pick you?' line (he being the kingdom key keyblade).

At least it's a fun story to enjoy.

Edited by DG20

I think its sad he cant remember his own story. Like do you not love what you created? Yes characters with the darkness are more appealing. Riku's the man but cmon nomura. This is your baby

16 years, Seven games and the fact that he's been developing over games during that same time frame and you would be a little muddled about the story too

Eh, I'm almost convinced that KH3 isn't the end of the series, and that Nomura is pretty much going to be moving on to a different antagonist/threat with future installments, depending on how UX's story is handled.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/14/e3-2018-tetsuya-nomura-on-if-kingdom-hearts-3-is-the-end-of-soras-story

I agree

I gotta admit, I lol'd a bit on the inside that KH's story is so damn complicated than even its creator has trouble keeping track of it all.

I'll also admit that Sora's not the easiest character to relate to. What's supposed to make him appealing is how idealized he is. He's different from characters like Roxas who do have pitiable circumstances and can be sympathized with, or Riku or Axel whose personalities and motives change overtime. Not Sora. He's just, like, "Adventures in Disney worlds and fighting baddies and helping people? Cool!" But he's so kind and powerful that you like watching him do it.

Mickey banishing Pete was a translation error since the Japanese version used a gender neutral pronoun, as was the 'why did he pick you?' line (he being the kingdom key keyblade).

False, Goofy clearly says the King banished him.

- 2:14

"だから王様が異空間 [...]" - "So the King [ga] outer space [...]"

I won't bother transcribing the entire sentence because I don't feel like going through that effort now, but you can see Goofy clearly says "King". There's no pronoun here because pronouns are optional in Japanese. (Yes, you can use a person's name like a pronoun. You can literally ask a guy named David to borrow his phone by saying "David, can you lend me David's phone?", I even heard this exact sentence format in a Digimon Adventure 02 episode when Kōshirō asked Miyako to borrow her D-3)

Edited by G-SANtos

Pretty much shows how convoluted this story has gotten. 2.8 really hammered in that point, especially with the scene where mickey's clothes "glittered away" just to maintain continuity.

I agree In this series you have to squint your eyes VERY hard sometimes but to me its all part of the fun.

can you imagine Nomura going on youtube to watch people explaining his own story to him?

I kind of hope that's what he does. It'd be both hilarious and flattering that he cares that much about our input. Plus if I created anything like that, that's what I would do if I needed a refresher.

You know when you put it that way, that makes a lot more sense. I mean the journal still suggested that King Mickey was the one that did it, but maybe that was just to keep consistent with the language they were using. Also that makes that Roxas scene make a lot more sense. It really just should have been "Tell me why IT picked you?" 

16 years, Seven games and the fact that he's been developing over games during that same time frame and you would be a little muddled about the story too

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/14/e3-2018-tetsuya-nomura-on-if-kingdom-hearts-3-is-the-end-of-soras-story

I agree

I mean, he's confirmed as much MULTIPLE TIMES, and yet everybody else just keeps conveniently forgetting that.