Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
User17k

Do you believe what the Government tells you?

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe what the government tells you?

• Yes, I believe everything the government says
    • I believe almost everything the government says
    • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't
    • I rarely do
    • I never believe what the government says!
    • I don't pay attention to what the government says

Thing is with politics is that everyone's got their own idea about what's what and everyone will assume someone else is an absolute dumbass for not believing in what they think is correct, no matter what it is and no matter who's saying it.  Sometimes I tune them out just to spite them all.

From what I can tell, Governments fear their people, and for good reason. So, their job would be to establish and keep peace for as long as possible. Which means covering up and lying about things to keep that peace; so their population doesn't rebel and overthrow them, to establish a better form of sanctuary.

Just my two cents, but I do believe some of what the Government tells us. For example, I am certain that there are aliens in Area 51, but noooo according to our politicians, there aren't.

Do you believe what the man on the street tells you?

Or, if the people in positions of power were to meet you on the street, with you unaware of their identity, and exchange news and opinions with you, would you be more or less inclined to believe they were lying?

I'm usually extremely doubtful of whatever the government tells me. Anyone with basic knowledge of history should know that governments are not trustworthy. As a matter of fact, every government that has ever existed has proven that they cannot be trusted. They lie and do harm to their own people on a regular basis. 

The United States was founded on the very belief that governments are jerks. Now look at the direction we are headed. 

The purpose of a Government is to do whatever organizations, businesses, and individuals cannot if you ask me. 

Edited by Amon

All governments in nutshell:

But in all seriousness, I am quite doubtful about governments, but I also know that it is not easy to decide about things of nation.

Also think about it this way:

Would you do better? Would you never think about yourself over others in position like that