Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

New Kingdom Hearts III trailer from D23 Expo released

How the hell ARE YOU GUYS HATING ON THIS? ITS KH3 firetruckING 3. IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE, AND ITS IN BETA. WHY ARE YOU GUYS DISSAPOINTED? O_O

I said only a bit disappointed and yes I know it's in a beta stage. The engine Square Enix is using looks good, I just thought it would have a more impressive track to play to make it more epic like other trailers they have made.

Let's keep in mind this is another concept trailer showing off stuff from the combat system and the new attraction/summon system and it did a good job showing those off.  As for more story driven footage, it seems like Nomura wasn't lying when he said it was very early in development, wouldn't surprise me if they are still working soley on the game engine yet

Pardon where I said too childish, I guess I was just expecting something different and overwhelmed my judgement, and I feel bad though, for if it looks that way I know some of my friends said they would drop the series if it is "too childish to them".

I personally am very excited and I hope it meets people's expectations.

The reviews of the preview left me a little confused, especially:"-The latest KH3 trailer was only battle scenes that confirm the appearance of Sora and Riku. Look forward to Roxas, Ven, and the rest from here on out."... I didn't see a Riku. Or Twilight Town. Don't get me wrong, I'm deeply impressed by what I saw; it's beautiful. Just... not what I had heard before.

The reviews of the preview left me a little confused, especially:"-The latest KH3 trailer was only battle scenes that confirm the appearance of Sora and Riku. Look forward to Roxas, Ven, and the rest from here on out."... I didn't see a Riku. Or Twilight Town. Don't get me wrong, I'm deeply impressed by what I saw; it's beautiful. Just... not what I had heard before.

True even when sora defeated a heartless the munny and Hp orbs looked all fuzzy it looks like it was shipped from a ps2 game. 

They're probably shipping a lot of things from KH2 and just retouching them with better graphics, and maybe a lighting effect. It saves them from making new models and stuff, though the munny drops aren't really hard to make in a sense. I'm pretty sure they ported Twilight Town, added a few pop out details and then retouched the hell out of it with better lighting and graphics

Was he... strike raiding the Titans fists?Where those... Keyblade guns?Did I see... breathing status portraits?...Is it ok to cry or...?

Was he... strike raiding the Titans fists?Where those... Keyblade guns?Did I see... breathing status portraits?...Is it ok to cry or...?

And here I was, thinking it wouldn't be released to the public. :P

Trailer was awesome. I'm really loving the graphics and art style as well as the gameplay -- driving an illuminated train into Rock Titan? Just crazy. Also Donald and Goofy look amazing. Just wish the video wasn't so compressed, something like this deserves to be seen in the highest quality possible.

And what happened to the descriptions of the green aliens from Toy Story being in this? Is the trailer edited?

Edited by J. Severe

Kingdom shader is perfect, blends everything together with good lighting! The animations are smooth even in the life bar hud 60fps (probably) I mean look at the fire! The graphics were overall amazing. Didn't the trailer look a little grainy and pixelated though? 

Gotta say, I'm not liking how the combat seems to barely function... and overall seems be very.... DDDish. What was wrong with the good old days when Sora could have flowing combat with enemies that satisfyingly reacted to your every attack?
Negative nacying aside, this looks fantastic, even in its early state
... gotta love that part where they zoom in on completely default Donald for no reason!
I'm loving the overall stylishness and ease at which Sora uses his attacks though,
now I just kinda wonder... are those rides going to be a major part of the gameplay? If so, that seems almost exactly like Disney meddling... but you know what?
Sora versus Xehanort, final battle
It's a Small World ride
just imagine
"This world... is just to small"

Edited by baptiscool19

Gotta say, I'm not liking how the combat seems to barely function... and overall seems be very.... DDDish. What was wrong with the good old days when Sora could have flowing combat with enemies that satisfyingly reacted to your every attack?

Negative nacying aside, this looks fantastic, even in its early state

... gotta love that part where they zoom in on completely default Donald for no reason!

I'm loving the overall stylishness and ease at which Sora uses his attacks though,

now I just kinda wonder... are those rides going to be a major part of the gameplay? If so, that seems almost exactly like Disney meddling... but you know what?

Sora versus Xehanort, final battle

It's a Small World ride

just imagine

"This world... is just to small"

Edited by KingdomHearts123456

....I don't understand how some people are throwing hissy fits over this. We got a damn trailer; we could have had nothing. And why are some people nitpicking at stuff that is so minor in the big picture? "This and that didn't move well enough"..."It looks too childish"..."The graphics aren't good"...blahblahblah. Let's think about this for a second: this is a beta trailer. Actually, it could be in its alpha stage. And keep in mind that this is just a trailer. It's showing what they are capable of doing. This may or may not even be in the final product. 2015 is the release date, at the earliest. They have plenty of time to polish things up. And if you ask me, Donald and Goofy look identical to their CGI renders in the closing cinematic of KHII. True, their faces are kind of "derp" but like I said, it's just a beta. By the way, Sora looks flippin' gorgeous. I wasn't sure how I felt about his look in the gameplay in the E3 trailer, but now I'm drooling (and literally had tears when I saw this last night). His hair sways on the ride, his necklace shakes all around, Goofy's ears even flip-flop because of the wind. If the detail is this good now, imagine how it will be when the game is actually released.

However, I must say that I am disappointed in Riku's absence. Apart from seeing the trailer itself, and Sora with the updated graphics, I was really looking forward to seeing how Riku appeared with these insane graphics. Only disappointment for me, though; everything else was freaking fantastic. I'm very happy with this trailer, for sure.

I'm also quite curious as to what Kairi will look like... O.o

So that's what Nomura meant in "Summon will return, but in a different way" something like that xD

Seems interesting, though it seems obvious they want to make referenc to Disneyland... I really liked it , just hope they don't make things too easy for us again! To think we'd get such a different feature based on the old Summons! 

....I don't understand how some people are throwing hissy fits over this. We got a damn trailer; we could have had nothing. And why are some people nitpicking at stuff that is so minor in the big picture? "This and that didn't move well enough"..."It looks too childish"..."The graphics aren't good"...blahblahblah. Let's think about this for a second: this is a beta trailer. Actually, it could be in its alpha stage. And keep in mind that this is just a trailer. It's showing what they are capable of doing. This may or may not even be in the final product. 2015 is the release date, at the earliest. They have plenty of time to polish things up. And if you ask me, Donald and Goofy look identical to their CGI renders in the closing cinematic of KHII. True, their faces are kind of "derp" but like I said, it's just a beta. By the way, Sora looks flippin' gorgeous. I wasn't sure how I felt about his look in the gameplay in the E3 trailer, but now I'm drooling (and literally had tears when I saw this last night). His hair sways on the ride, his necklace shakes all around, Goofy's ears even flip-flop because of the wind. If the detail is this good now, imagine how it will be when the game is actually released.

However, I must say that I am disappointed in Riku's absence. Apart from seeing the trailer itself, and Sora with the updated graphics, I was really looking forward to seeing how Riku appeared with these insane graphics. Only disappointment for me, though; everything else was freaking fantastic. I'm very happy with this trailer, for sure.

I'm also quite curious as to what Kairi will look like... O.o

This is pretty much exactly what i was saying. All these negative comments about it are ruining my KH3 high, man. Like, when i watch the trailer, i don't just see how good it looks right now, but how good it can look in future and on release.